It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russia Actually Shoot Down Those Missiles Attributed to Israel Last Week? This source says so.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is a crazy story I just found and I am not sure of it's validity but I would like to present it to ATS and open it up for a discussion. Since I have very little (read none) knowledge of weapons systems I am curious as to the plausibility of such a scenario.

Aggression was over the Moment those Two Missiles were Fired

A well informed diplomatic source told As-Safir newspaper that “the US war on Syria had started and ended the moment those two ballistic missiles were fired, leaving inconsistent information, as Israel denied and Russia confirmed, until an Israeli statement was issued indicating they were fired in the context of an Israeli-US joint drill and fell in the sea, and that they were not related to the Syrian crisis.”

The source further told the Lebanese daily that “the US forces fired these two rockets from a NATO base in Spain, and were instantly detected by the Russian radars and confronted by the Russian defense systems, so one of them exploded in the airspace and the second one diverted towards the sea.”

In this context, the source pointed out that “the statement issued by the Russian Defense Ministry, which stated the detection of two ballistic missiles fired towards the Middle East, intended to neglect two points: the first was the location from which the two rockets were fired, and the second was their downing. Why? Because the moment the full military operation was launched, Head of the Russian Intelligence Service contacted the US intelligence and informed it that “hitting Damascus means hitting Moscow, and we have removed the term “downed the two missiles” from the statement to preserve the bilateral relations and to avoid escalation. Therefore, you must immediately reconsider your policies, approaches and intentions on the Syrian crisis, as you must be certain that you cannot eliminate our presence in the Mediterranean.”

The Rest

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

These are quotes from one of the articles I found. So were these missiles shot down? Do they just crash into the sea? I don't know that is why I am asking.

I also remember the strange denials from Israel and the US and how the stories got all switched up.

Was WWIII averted then? Is the scenario even plausible??

It began around 5 a.m. EDT, when Russia’s RIA Novosti reported that two ballistic objects had been detected heading eastward, toward Syria, from the central Mediterranean Sea.

At the same time, RIA reported that the two “objects” had fallen into the sea.
Just before 6:30 a.m., Israel announced it actually had fired missiles in the Mediterranean, as part of a joint military exercise with the U.S.

Despite Israel’s assertion that it was a joint exercise, the U.S. still denied “direct” involvement. A Pentagon spokesman told the AP that he had “nothing to confirm those reports whatsoever.”

Link

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That is such crap. The US doesn't keep any kind of ballistic missile in Spain, and wouldn't have launched from there. Using ballistic missiles would be the height of insanity, and while I agree Obama is pushing this for all he's worth, I don't see him being that stupid.

This is just pure propaganda. The two missiles that were fired (from F-15Is), are Theater Ballistic Missile simulators. They fly a similar path to a TBM, but they don't carry warheads, they carry sensors.

The US wasn't directly involved in this test, but they are involved in the Arrow program both with funding, and Boeing building the missiles for the system. This was just a test flight of a new type of target upgrade, so there was no reason for the US to be involved.
edit on 9/12/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

OK. Could they have been shot down? Or do they just crash into the ocean? I am just asking because I don't know. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The flight was programmed to crash into the ocean. They were on the first test flight to check the upgrades to the target missile. They either ran out of fuel and crashed into the ocean, or were programmed to crash into the ocean after a certain amount of time in the flight.

As far as I know the Russians don't have anything anywhere even close to Spain that could have shot them down (they claim the first one was shot down in Spanish airspace), and shooting one down doesn't cause the other one to crash. They also, at the time, again as far as I know, didn't have anything near Israel that could have done it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Zaphod58

That is such crap. The US doesn't keep any kind of ballistic missile in Spain, and wouldn't have launched from there. Using ballistic missiles would be the height of insanity, and while I agree Obama is pushing this for all he's worth, I don't see him being that stupid.

This is just pure propaganda. The two missiles that were fired (from F-15Is), are Theater Ballistic Missile simulators. They fly a similar path to a TBM, but they don't carry warheads, they carry sensors.

The US wasn't directly involved in this test, but they are involved in the Arrow program both with funding, and Boeing building the missiles for the system. This was just a test flight of a new type of target upgrade, so there was no reason for the US to be involved.
. How do you know? You can't and you do not. The more you learn, the less you know.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What kind of technology would be required to divert a missile from its course?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
guess those test were to see how alert the russian are
it might have been cruise missiles to see if they got detected
good to know if Amerika would strike from ships...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WonOunce

an stronger transmitter than its guilding source....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

WonOunce
What kind of technology would be required to divert a missile from its course?

You don't.. I don't want to say anything else about that. At least not in the way you are meaning.

ressiv
guess those test were to see how alert the russian are
it might have been cruise missiles to see if they got detected
good to know if Amerika would strike from ships...

Cruise missiles and Ballistic missiles don't follow the same trajectory. That's sort of the Entire point of Cruise missiles.
edit on 9/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
None of this would surprise me at this point. There was a lot of speculation going on the night this incident took place. It still seems stupid to me that Israel and the U.S. would do a join "test" exercise right when threats of missile strikes in Syria were going on. It seemed provocative either way. Thanks for the thread, very interesting.

link   

HUMBLEONE
How do you know? You can't and you do not. The more you learn, the less you know.

Honestly? When was the last time the US fired just two missiles, or even Israel for that matter?

Just more propaganda to stir the masses in my opinion.

When either country attacks another, the crap is thick in the air.

And before you even go there. A Hellfire is not a ballistic missile.

link   

I know you like flying ;-)

But you do realise there are ships, or even lower submarines as well equipped with ballisttic missiles?
I do not think you know there wereabouts..

Besides, shooting dummy rockets in an unstable region isn't very wise either.

It still can be nonsense, but not that easaly dismissed.

edit on 12-9-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

And the pentagon and other agencies were not involved in 911 too ...sure ...ok now we can rest assured that they were not because you have cleared the whole thing up for us ....peace

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Don't mess with the Russians. OK? That'd be really, really stupid. Putin is not an amateur, he is a very exceptional leader. They can still turn cities to glass in the blink of an eye. M.A.D. is even more assured as it was in 1980. We all need to just wake up and knock it off. It is time for PEACE
, worldwide. Say NO to the profiteers of human misery.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

And you do realize that two small ballistic missiles are going to do nothing to Syria right? And two SLBMs are going to have a completely different profile than was recorded by anyone there. If they detected an SLBM launch, they would have launched on us, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. A Tomahawk flies a totally different flight profile than a ballistic missile.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Yes, because the US is going to fly two small ballistic missiles, all the way from Spain to Syria, where they would probably be shot down by their defenses. That makes perfect sense to anyone with half a brain, and some knowledge of the military. I mean, we have five Arleigh Burke class destroyers and two SSNs within spitting distance of Syria that could launch a Tomahawk swarm that would be guaranteed to get some through to their targets, and B-2s that could walk through their defenses like they weren't there, but what weapons do we go with? Two small ballistic missiles. Yep. Makes 100% perfect sense to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

It's called logic, and knowledge of weapons systems. These were not attack missiles. No one attacks with two missiles.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Wookiep
None of this would surprise me at this point. There was a lot of speculation going on the night this incident took place. It still seems stupid to me that Israel and the U.S. would do a join "test" exercise right when threats of missile strikes in Syria were going on. It seemed provocative either way. Thanks for the thread, very interesting.

Right..lots of speculation. Where?
Links? Sources?
To credible sites not the wishful thinking of Internet experts who see a hummer driving on a highway and think WW3 is moments away.

It seems stupid to you? And WHO are you exactly?
Are you the worlds foremost military expert, planner, strategist?

Do you think that just because there is the possibility of war, that military tech developments suddenly come to a grinding halt?

I'm not expert either...but come on people, use a bit of common sense. Think. You still are able to think yeh?
It's not that hard to work things out.
There isn't always some big evil conspiracy behind every little thing that happens. Sometimes it is just as they say it is.
And in this case, it is just as they say it is.

Military strikes on Syria were not about to be started with ONLY TWO missiles.

Use your brains.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join