It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russia Actually Shoot Down Those Missiles Attributed to Israel Last Week? This source says so.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Is he not supplying advanced weapons to the Syrian Forces? I was under the impression that he was. I'm not asking to be smart, but cause I really didn't know.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

He is. There is talk that he will be sending replacement MiG-29s, as well as new ones, more S300 missile systems. He's already shipped P-800 antiship missiles to Syria. The Syrians had ordered MiG-31E aircraft, but the sale was halted.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Hey how many bombs did the US drop on Japan ? ... was it 2 .mmm but no body does that ..yea right

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Completely different situation, and can't even begin to be compared to this. Do you seriously think that the US would go straight to nuclear, and use missiles that can easily be shot down to do it? That would be so far beyond stupid that it's not even funny. If you're going to use tactical nuclear weapons you put them on something that can't be stopped, like an F-15E going in low level, with SEAD forces to kick the door open. Or better yet, a B-2 that can wander around the country at will, and use more than two weapons. You don't start a war with two weapons. Not when you have 5 Arleigh Burke class destroyers that carry 56 Tomahawk missiles each (280 missiles there), and two (most likely) LA SSNs, with 12 VLS tubes (if they're the later boats), so another 24 missiles. So you have 304 Tomahawk missiles right off shore, and you launch two pathetic missiles to start a war? What a joke.

But again, with all that firepower in the region, and more that can be brought to bear within a matter of a few hours, let's just use two subsonic, non-stealthy missiles that can be seen coming for hundreds of miles with a good radar system, and shot down by a blind man with a rifle. I mean, it's not like we have something like a stealthy missile that could have been launched from over 500 miles away, and not seen until it blows up. I mean, why on earth would we have used something like that when there were these two missiles to use right?
edit on 9/12/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Excellent

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Well I don't know much about all the weapons that people like yourself know about but ,I think that there is probably a small group (black) that are privileged to weapons that joe-public like myself and even higher ups in command that may not know, such as your self ...The incident is very suspicious and ,,call it stupid ,maybe ,call it a test but even a test is suspicious ...We or you are going on what we have been told but even you have to admit that we get every thing from misinformation ,distorted information to down right lies from TPTB ..Because they have a plan and its their plan and if we knew what they were planning we would stop them ...All we seem to know at this time is that they want to end the National states of country's that they have decided up to this point and created by drawing lines on a map and calling them that ...A lot of people think Canada is a country but it's a Crown Corporation and can be shut down by the ones that created it ..the same for Australia , New Zeland and probably even the good old USA ...I guess that there are some country s that may have figured that out and will not go along even to get along .

After all we are moving to a one world government or so it would seem ....have a good one and thanks for the exchange ...peace

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I feel that its time other international communities start to put pressure on all, involved in this conflict: US, UK, Russia, China, Iran, Syria, etc..... WE can all do better for humanity and stop all these senseless acts of war and aggression. One wrong move and we will all be living in an entirely different world, or not living at all with the use of thermoNuclear warheads, multiple reentry nukes on one warhead + dummy warheads. It would be a lose lose for everyone. WE need to stop all foreign aggression and regime change, except the world for what it is, and concentrate on our own problems in the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You Dont test rockets in a War zone!
unless you are joining in.
or making it look like some one else did it.

if they had landed,
the news would have given us fake stories.
just like they always do.

people of america.
if the world goes to war with obama.
they go to war with you ALL !

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

buddha

You do if you are Israel. They don't care what's going on, or who it pisses off, if they have a test planned, it's going to happen, barring them being in a war already themselves. Otherwise, they don't care.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

A ballistic missile can not be "diverted".

The story is a lie. Look up what a ballistic trajectory means.

Additionally, it does not make sense to launch a missile from Spain when you have multiple AEGIS destroyers parked off the coast off Syria.

BS story, mark my words.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Zap, I enjoyed reading your responses to such topics like this as always.
If the US attacks, I´m sure they won´t use A-weapons (I know you were just bringing an example with the F15s above). What do you think is the most probable course of actions if they decide to go for it?
How would you do it? I would be neat to read your opinion about this.

(Let´s forget the fact that a war would be stupid)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

F-15s and F-16s in a SEAD role to knock the door down and open a corridor. Then launch Tomahawks from the Burkes and subs, and heavy bombers launching JASSM and JASSM-ER from the other side.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thank you but now I have to look up some things

So to sum it up for civilian language,
F15 locates radar stations
F16 bombs them away
Launch seaside attacks with Tomahawks and use bombers that come from the Irak side. Does US still have bases there?
edit on 14-9-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

The F-15 is for air cover, the F-16 has a model that is used to find and attack enemy defenses. They use the HARM anti-radar missile, and bombs after the radar is destroyed.

Then once you open up the defenses your more vulnerable Tomahawks can get through. Then you use bombers from both the US, and from other bases in the Middle East (that shall remain nameless), to launch more cruise missiles from that direction. They use the JASSM and JASSM-ER (200+ mile range, and 500+ mile range) and are semi-stealthy. They can only be launched by aircraft currently.

(SEAD is Suppresion of Enemy Air Defenses, and can mean either jamming the radars, or destroying the radars, but a lot of the time leaves the missiles themselves intact. DEAD is the same mission, but you blow the defenses up entirely instead of just the radars)
edit on 9/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

buddha
or making it look like some one else did it.

if they had landed,
the news would have given us fake stories.
just like they always do.

people of america.
if the world goes to war with obama.
they go to war with you ALL !

So Israel should go and test it's systems in another country away from Israel/Middle East?
Is that what your saying?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi all, I'm new from Italy and this is my first message.

I'm not military expert, just a mediterrean crisis follower, and I like to contribute my little pill of opinion.

Zaphoed58 is right stating that two missiles from Spain is not a plausible attack strategy, as far as it's not a plausible air defence system test either, I add.

It was a stance-test. If things happened that way, russian devices and NATO devices hit each other: a military language telling the world that a US attack would shift the war from proxy to face-to-face.

After the event, european countries started to split their position in favour of UN resolution.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
NO. No Russia did not shoot down the missiles. For one thing the cruise missile attack against Syria would have been more than just two missiles launched.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join