It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russia Actually Shoot Down Those Missiles Attributed to Israel Last Week? This source says so.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by EartOccupant

And you do realize that two small ballistic missiles are going to do nothing to Syria right? And two SLBMs are going to have a completely different profile than was recorded by anyone there. If they detected an SLBM launch, they would have launched on us, and we wouldn't be having this conversation. A Tomahawk flies a totally different flight profile than a ballistic missile.

It's like fighting a losing battle with some of them man.
The more logic and common sense you throw at their arguments, the more ridiculous their arguments become.

Some people just don't want to know the truth, and don't want to expand their knowledge.
They'd rather live in make believe land.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You are all wrong. They obviously shot down UFO's in the growing Earth-Alien War that is taking place in Syria and used this story as a cover for the truth. Video of UFO's in Syria is pretty common at this point, as are stories of UFO's crashing in the area.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

two ballistic missiles were fired, u say,,

were the electronics made from,,, ( cue music )

this man????

cue more music,,,

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

More dramatic music...with reverb!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU

I guess you weren't on ATS at the time when this event took place. There were lot's of claims and speculation, hell even UFO's got into the mix. Israel claimed to know nothing about it at first, then finally owned up to it later. I don't need to post links for you, if you're not aware then that's your problem.

As far as the other B.S. you spouted, i think there are others who think more objectively than apparently our president and people like you do when it comes to attacking and provoking other countries. We won't start a war with 2 missiles? Oh yeah? The "test" was not even slightly provocative eh? Who the hell are you? Sources? Links? My bad Colonel armchair military planner. See what I did there?

Now, are you telling me, that if foreign warships off our shores shot 2 missiles at the U.S. mainland our military wouldn't respond, and that we wouldn't end up at war? Two towers fell on 9/11. Let's count trade tower 7 even tho it wasn't hit. In fact, if we're going to be technical about it, none were even hit by missiles. (except there is the theory that the pentagon was) Guess what? We've been at war ever since. I guess you think only the U.S. will respond to attacks, even small ones. C'mon don't be stupid.

edit on 12-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Obviously this was an attempt by Israel to start the fireworks.

They launched their 'test' hoping one side or the other would take the bait.

Only maniacs would conduct a 'missile 'test' under the conditions that existed that day.

Only maniacs

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well we have maniacs in charge right now, except I rather prefer the term "psychopaths". But no wai dude it's totally normal! *rolls eyes* (Man I miss that emote!)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

We didn't go to war when the Soviet Union sank the Scorpion. We didn't go to war when they shot down an RC-130 with 17 crew members on board. Israel fired two missile simulators towards their own country, not towards Syria, not towards Russian ships, not towards anyone else.

But hey, you guys are right. You're so much smarter than we are and have a much firmer grasp on military tactics and technology than we do.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I'm not saying you're wrong, in fact since it's Russia (err Soviet Union then) and not some rag tag place that can't fight back it actually makes a lot of sense.I would bet lot's of $$ that we already would be at war with Syria if it wasn't for Russia to act as the buffer, but what the hell do I know. I'm not Anti-USA, (uh, I live here) but I am against the way the U.S. postures against other countries. Did you hear McCain (woops I said Kerry at first) talkin about how he doesn't care what Russia and China think? Reckless. As far as that "test" goes, it was provocative at the very least, and I'm sorry but I have a right to that opinion.

Edit: Oh, and I appreciate your military tech knowledge, but I don't care for your stance on this. Nor do I care for your reaction to others who disagree with you. Too bad if you don't like it, welcome to ATS where opinions are expressed.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I have no problem with opinions being expressed, and people discussing things. It's people that get an attitude about it, and try to act like anyone that has a clue what they're talking about, but has a different opinion is either wrong, stupid, or out of touch with reality.

If you want to have a calm and thoughtful discussion about it, and raise your points intelligently, and respectfully, bring it on. I'm all for it.

As far as the other B.S. you spouted, i think there are others who think more objectively than apparently our president and people like you do when it comes to attacking and provoking other countries.

But when you start throwing things like that around, then I'm going to get an attitude back. If you don't like it, then welcome to a place where opinions are expressed and counter points are thrown back at you.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think Russia or more specifically Putin did take those missiles out using the Iron Man suit he borrowed from Tony Stark. It was of course "borrowed" from Stark the same way he borrowed that super bowl ring from Robert Kraft.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

That post did not involve you, it was in response to the other guy who had a big internet tough guy attitude and I gave it back. I guess you only dis-like "attitude" if it doesn't fall in line with what you agree with. If you want to inject yourself into it with the same attitude, I'll give it right back. Hey! We could go all night!

Edit: I think what you are saying is that your military background proves somehow that you just know for un-arguable fact that the U.S. does not provoke other countries and those who think otherwise have "attitude". Seems to me from the quoted post that offended you so badly that this is the case. Alright buddy, you know it all, (cause one can't know anything unless they are military or ex military) but that won't change the fact that tons upon tons of others disagree with you.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

On the contrary. I don't know everything, and I freely admit that. The US has in the past antagonized and will again in the future. But I'm tired of the armchair generals that think that they know everything, and the fanboys that claim that Russia has some magic military that can do anything, when the reality is so far from that it's not funny.

If you want to think that the US would use two small ballistic missiles fired towards Israel to try to start something, you go right ahead. Yes, the timing was stupid, as was Israel being Israel and not warning anyone about it. But that still doesn't make it a deliberate antagonization, or mean that the Russians shot them down. There is absolutely zero evidence to the claims in the OP, and plenty of evidence that what was stated is what actually happened.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Well I appreciate that you think I'm a General, in the armchair sense and a Russia fanboy (which i think is hilarious btw LOL) simply because i think the "test" due to the timing (that you admit was bad) was provocative at the least. Also because of how things happened that night with Israel denying anything went on at first, yes I found it questionable. I do believe if the roles were reversed the U.S. would take it as a threat. Yeah yeah, I know know, you're right though cause you know and I don't. K.

Wow, it doesn't take much for you to throw insults around.
I joined the thread not because I am sold on the OP, but I do find it interesting as I expressed before the poster with attitude came along.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Did I say that I was talking about you specifically when I said that? There have been a thousand threads on here, and almost all have ended up being about how some magic Russian military that's going to kick the US ass back to the stone age.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Perhaps I assumed you were talking to me since you replied to me.. Then again I don't really get why you wrote the first paragraph then since I didn't ever -

"claim that Russia has some magic military that can do anything"

Oh well. I'll write that off as not directed at me.

I think Putin has more common sense than Obama these days tho and I have no problem saying that openly here.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I didn't realize that I can only be talking about you if I reply to you. I'll remember that in the future.

Putin is using this to his advantage. He has no desire to do anything but increase his own power in the region. He couldn't care less about what happens to Syria, or the chemical weapons. He sees this as a way to improve his and Russia's reputation and is using it to his advantage. Russia has been trying to turn themselves back into a power, and this is their chance to start back down that road.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Staring a war with only two missiles is like starting a fight at a biker bar with a open hand bitch slap. It's just not something big boys do. Hell I don't even think that kind of behavior is accepted at a queen bar....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I didn't realize that I can only be talking about you if I reply to you. I'll remember that in the future.

Do what you wish.. I would only advise that when replying to someone and start making judgments against hypothetical people not involved in the convo, it would at least be helpful if what you are talking about matched with the person you were talking to.
Really hate these emotes

I'm sure you're right about Putin not looking at the U.S. interests, rather his own. The sad part is, even with his interests in mind he makes 100 times sense than Obama and company. I think this is proof enough that our govt needs some serious reform.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

He's not even looking at Syrian interests. He doesn't care about Syria except as a tiny port to put a few of their ships at for minor repairs, if even that. If he truly cared about ending this situation he wouldn't be stepping up weapons deliveries, and delivering more advanced weaponry to the Syrian forces, he'd be looking for a way to end this for good, not just to let it continue.

The same for the US. They need to decide what the ultimate goal is and work towards ending this mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join