It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad Lays Down His Conditions: "US Must Stop Aiding Terrorists", Israel Disposing Of WMDs; Accuse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
And meanwhile our 'other friends', the Iranians, are up to their keister in all this as well:

The first footage of Iranian troops in action in Syria emerged last night, shedding fresh light on the pivotal role Tehran is taking in the fight to defend the regime of Bashar al-Assad.

The footage, taken from a camera captured by rebel fighters, shows Iranian soldiers supervising Syrian Government troops, managing communications in the battle around Aleppo and commanding pro-regime militias.

linkopotamus

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I know it is Press TV but there are other outlets reporting the same news.

Iran and China have underlined the need for further expansion of Tehran-Beijing cooperation to find a political solution to the deadly crisis gripping Syria.

During a Thursday meeting with his Chinese counterpart, Xi Jinping, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said the Islamic Republic “is prepared to initiate effective and constructive cooperation with China on various regional issues, particularly for the resolution of the Syria crisis.”

Rouhani further reiterated Iran’s right to peaceful nuclear energy, saying, “The Iranian government and nation seek the implementation of their legitimate rights within the framework of the NPT (Non-Proliferation Treaty).”

Link

Google page with other stories

I truly think that Russia and China have their own redlines. Syria is off limits as is Iran.
edit on 12-9-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I don't see a problem with that. They have a mutual defense pact. They are resisting terrorist forces inside the country. So BFD.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you really think about it, none of these demands are unreasonable. IMO
That whole region is a hell hole of constant war and none of them should have chemical weapons.

However, something tells me this is exactly the response the US was hoping for since they backed down. Now they can say Assad is backing out of the deal (which he's really not, he's compromising), and now they can push for an attack again all the while claiming diplomacy didn't work and action needs to be taken.

I knew the other day when Obama addressed the nation that this was far from over, I'm sure we all did.
Guess we just have to wait and see how he responds to these demands.

Even IF he does concider them (which he should) I would bet my life that Israel will never comply, the US will never change their policy of threats that's their MO.

Why do I get the strange feeling we're back to square one?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There seems to be a massive backlash against Assad in this thread, but...

Is what he is saying right, or wrong?

Once the warhorse is spooked, it won't go back into action.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well he has nothing to lose. He could just trust in the west and its notion of war....and die like Ghadafi like a dog in the streets at the hands of foreign mercenaries ......

Or he could do the one logical thing he has left....make your enemy have to die with you.

Israel needs to stand on its own feet. The US Should stop sending weapons and money all over the world. Our government has armed TOO MANY outright animals. It really needs to stop.

We were considering being Alquedas air force for the love of christ!

This is the twilight zone. I want Putin for president.

Assad is no saint, but he is not in the wrong when it comes to his demands either.
Civil wars are terrible and the Obama administration started Syrias to force a regime change. That is a war crime......so yeah, that happened ...

Putin!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it was about time someone said what Assad has.

The US and Israel are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to war rhetoric and accusing others of aiding terrorists. But both run their mouths and use terrorists when it is advantageous to do so.

Plus, both the US and Israel have WMD's.

So Assad, with the backing of Russia, is calling them out.

We are seeing the tables turning here folks.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Do you think Obama will let the tables turn here? Next will be a live press conference stating that Assad is not willing to give up weapons and we are to attack right now! I can see it coming already....He will not let the "little guy" push him around....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

BEIRUT President Bashar Assad says Syria will start submitting data on its chemical weapons stockpile a month after signing the convention banning such weapons. Meanwhile, the United Nations said it has received a letter from Syria stating its intention to join the chemical weapons treaty which bans the production, stockpiling and use of the deadly weapons.

Assad says submitting the data a month after signing the convention is the "standard process" and his country will follow it.

He made the comment in an interview with Russia's Rossiya-24 TV. The full interview will be broadcast later Thursday.

However, speaking in Geneva, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry rejected Assad's suggestion that a 30-day delay is "standard."

"There is nothing standard about this process," Kerry said, because Assad has used his chemical weapons. "The words of the Syrian regime in our judgment are simply not enough."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm seriously waiting for the day that someone demands the US to release and decomision all the WMD's we house. That day will be a day that lives in infamy...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Looking at the RIA link and using a translator, I don't see those specific demands being reported as being laid out. Here's the link to the article on the Assad interview with Russia 24: www.vesti.ru...

translate.google.com...

Basically, the link to the RIA article has none of what Zerohedge is alleging within it. Translate that one for yourself. The interfax link does not direct to any specific article at all but the main page and a quick skim of that main page shows no articles on any declarations from Assad.

Please check for yourself.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

OK we can bomb him now, Obama has my support for it. Just because Assad is this stupid. Making demands out of Israel who has never used WMDs is pure ignorance. Putin can shove it too! Just bomb Assad and his cronies! Let the King of Jordan take over the whole of Syria and be done with it. I'm sure most would be cool with that.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

“It doesn’t mean that Syria will sign the documents, fulfill the obligations and that’s it. It’s a bilateral process aimed, first of all, at making the US stop pursuing its policy of threats against Syria,” Assad said, adding that a lot would also depend on the extent to which Russia’s proposal is accepted.

“If we want stability in the Middle East, all the countries in the region should stick to [international] agreements," Assad said. “And Israel is the first state that should do so, since Israel possessed nuclear, chemical, biological and all other kinds of weapons of mass destruction.”

The president recalled that a project on the elimination of WMD had been proposed, but the US opposed it “to allow Israel” to have such weapons.

Any kind of a war against Syria would “destroy the entire region” and lead to decades of instability in the Middle East, Assad said.

Link

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well it certainly doesn't make one very exceptional when you demand Syria to turn over chemical weapons, at the same time one allows its allies the ability to posses such chemical weapons. American exceptionalism, we are the exception to every edict that we levy against the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I see what your saying. I think ZH pulled together some points and quotes from several articles this morning.

Assad said the Russian deal was a two-sided process. "We are counting, first of all, on the United States stop conducting the policy of threats regarding Syria," he said.

Syria's Deputy Prime Minister Qadri Jamil also suggested on Thursday that the Russian proposal will succeed only if the United States and its allies pledge not to attack Syria in the future.

link

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh no. This was all going so well. I am not aware of Israel having chemical weapons. I can see "asking" to stop helping the enemy but not making it a condition. That demand becomes viable if we were selling them chemical weapons too. Which we are not. Bummer. This won't go well.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Obama already has let the tables be turned on him. I don't know if he didn't see it coming or not, but Obama (the US) does not seem to be in control here.

The real question is whether or not Obama (the US) will lash out militarily if they cannot regain control of the situation.

I think that scenario is very possible.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The rhetoric is amazing isn't it? Putin writes a letter calling for peace and calm and all of our leaders go ape crazy. This is like a high school, ego war, where our leaders can't withhold their urge to use violence as a means to assert their authority. Hello kids on capital hill...we care not about looking like we are in charge, as you do. The decision to attack Syria, must be met rationally, and not by rhetoric of throwing up because someone takes a jab at a showing of indecision. We are a republic which follows laws, not the whims of a single man who's ego gets bruised. Our nation is not insulted by Putin's letter, rather its our leaders who are insulted. And our media will try to make up every reason why we ought to be outraged, but Putin lays out what most Americans thought prior to the letter at issue.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've given up trying to guess where this is all heading. So many possibilities for......who knows what?!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That's just the impression they are distracting the American public with.
Like I've been saying, the wealthy elite (and our government puppets) will get their war.
It's all for show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join