It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad Lays Down His Conditions: "US Must Stop Aiding Terrorists", Israel Disposing Of WMDs; Accuse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Seems like whatever the US wanted from Assad or Syria they are getting a response ... From the looks of it they tried to frame him for a reason. ...maybe a potential threat to whatever their plans might/might have been ??? .... Either way seems like the rebels were set up to cause chaos and get Assads attention and well now they have him telling the Middle East it's best to get rid of WMD ?... I can't think of anything other than maybe the US wants to be the only one with WMDs I know it's far fetched but in reality the one with the best armory usually comes out the victor in fights and wars ... It would definitely be bad for any place to be left unprotected I say the WORLD would be better off without WMDs in general as they threaten humanitys very exixstence..

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tru3NugMaster

I cannot profess to know what is going on. Certain moments I feel like I am being played and at others it feels like maybe there truly is another coalition that is confronting the US.

What I do know is that this has been a strategy that was written way before this administration. See Here

I am not sure if these are negotiations to split up the region or if this is really the world powers butting heads.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

GrantedBail
Assad Lays Down His Conditions: "US Must Stop Aiding Terrorists", Israel Disposing Of WMDs; Accuses Saudi, Qatar And Turkey

Link

RIA Link

If you are not able to read Russian, maybe it's better to stay away from Russian links? Nowhere in the link it says anything about Assad laying down conditions. Quite on the contrary, the standard procedure has been initiated, no specifics provided, looks like it follows the normal bureaucratic process at this moment.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mrkeen

This has already been addressed within the body of the thread. But thanks for your contribution.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

SexNinja
It's amazing how so many people can keep claiming Assad has any kind of legitimate reason to make demands. Assad has done nothing but deny having chem weapons then uses them then denies having used them then admits to having them then makes demands he has no right to make that he knows will not fly.

Yet some people keep championing this dictator who is in a civil war because he slaughtered protesters with his army. Thie world IQ level has dropped atleast 45pts in the past 4yrs.

And you have the evidence to prove he used them? And how could he deny having them, when he has stated publicly that he will turn over Syria's stockpile? If he denied using them, and the rebels denied using them, then one of them is lying. So far, the rebels have been caught at least twice with their pants down with the raw materials to construct these weapons.

Please do us a favour and don't comment again with your accusing remarks, unless you have this magical classified evidence to back it up.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by peck420

The fact russia is on his side means he still has some hope left in his rule. If he becomes arrogant now he might as well declare defeat and shoot himself. People are giving him a second chance, but that is about it.

No time for heroism when you are an underdog in the fight.

If I were him I would pretend to be a "yes sir" man to russia, while continuing the cleansing of rebel fighters. Sooner or later he will win with this strategy.

The fact he asked for israel to turn over its WMD was moronic on his part.
edit on 13/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

If you think Assad is walking away from this, you don't know Putin very well...

Assad is screwed either way.

Like I said before; psychopaths...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

mbkennel

Strakha
He has the attention of the world and is using it to make a point about how US allies like Saudi Arabia, Israel and Turkey are treated differently than other nations in the region who are non-aligned or opposed to the US. These nations are no saints themselves and if you want to take on the issues of WMD and human rights in the region you need to have consistency on the issue regardless of who is the violator. That said, I don't think this is about WMD or human rights and if he does get rid of his WMD he will still be taken out just like Saddam and Gaddafi were once they got rid of theirs. I'm sure he knows this too.

When Israel uses tactical nuclear weapons to kill 100,000 of its own rebelling citizenry against its hereditary totalitarian dictator.....

then maybe it's even.

So are you implying that Assad has used his "WMD's" to kill 100,000 of his own civilians? Wow, that's a big jump from the official story.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

mbkennel

When Israel uses tactical nuclear weapons to kill 100,000 of its own rebelling citizenry against its hereditary totalitarian dictator.....

then maybe it's even.

How about the fact that IDF used white phosphorus on the Palestinians ?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm just so sick of this soap opera...the same bull# over and over. Years. Centuries. Millennia. Then maybe another biblical disaster. And then the soap opera begins again. Oh well, I'll keep praying for peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

ArtooDetoo
How about the fact that IDF used white phosphorus on the Palestinians ?

I could be wrong, but I do not believe that WP is classified as a chemical weapon.

Also, Israel has supposedly stopped using it, regardless. And, until we see proof of them breaking their word, it is just as good as anybody else's...well, on this matter any ways.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Adaluncatif

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by peck420

The fact russia is on his side means he still has some hope left in his rule. If he becomes arrogant now he might as well declare defeat and shoot himself. People are giving him a second chance, but that is about it.

No time for heroism when you are an underdog in the fight.

If I were him I would pretend to be a "yes sir" man to russia, while continuing the cleansing of rebel fighters. Sooner or later he will win with this strategy.

The fact he asked for israel to turn over its WMD was moronic on his part.
edit on 13/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

How is it moronic to ask Israel to turn over its WMD? Who has attacked its neighbors more? Syria or Israel? What's wrong with asking the entity that has already attacked you (unprovoked) on numerous occassions to give up WMDs? It is Israel that wants the US to attack Syria. It is Israel that wants Assad to give up his chemical weapons. It seems futile to ask a tyrranical regime like Israel to give up its WMDs, but what's wrong with showing the hypocrisy? How is it that Assad is an underdog? Without chemical weapons, US troops would already be patrolling the streets of Damascus. You are misunderstanding the situation. It is the United States that is in the weak position. The US has backed down from a strike. Obama went to Congress because it became evident that the strike would have been harder than anticipated and he didn't want to get the sole blame when US pilots (which would have to have been used by the way) died. Syria and Russia have used the pause to beef up Syrian and Russian defenses (S300 missiles, Yakhonts, Russian warships) in the region. Russia has been emboldened to go ahead with air defense and a new second reactor (more plutonium bombs) for Iran. It is now much harder for the US or Israel to attack Syria or Iran in the future. Russia will help Syria and Iran including with nuclear weapons if that becomes necessary.

Israel are just as much pawns in the game as the muslim nations are. That is what people dont seem to get. The rothschilds dont care about israel. They are satanists that pretend to be zionists(meaning they want a jewish state).

The two state solution will never work with israel-palestine which is arguing semantics anyway. Before palestine it was called judea during the roman era. Jews have just as much a reason to live in that region as the muslims do. Israel should have its jewish state but allow jerusalem to become an independant secular country.

As for arab spring yes it was all staged by nato(the ptb) and spread like wildfire. What doesn't make sense is why nato likes sunni fundamentalists and hates shiite fundamentalists. Any religious fanatic is always a dangerous person for himself and others. Why would nato, that had england, spain, usa supposedly attacked by alqueda, then turn around and give weapons to muslim fundamentalists to overthrow secular presidents?

Israel isnt the problem but never-the-less ALWAYS the best scapegoat for everyone. I dont even like jewish culture but I try to remain unbiased and examine all the facts.

www.texemarrs.com...
www.threeworldwars.com...

The links are very interesting. People should take a look at them!
edit on 13/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: add links

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Logarock

RevelationGeneration
Sounds reasonable to me. I mean why should he hand over the chemical weapons if US is still arming the rebels?

Good to see Assad not backing down to these cowards. If the rebels take over there will be grave atrocity's committed.

Oh make no mistake, Assad and others would like to gas the whole lot.....a hundred thousand or more if possible...before they take over and commit grave atrocity's.

Considering usa nuked japan twice they have zero credibility making demands on others.

Who has attacked more countries, syria or usa? I think we all know the answer to that.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have tried to locate the post to quote where someone implied that America has never used chemical weapons against it's own citizens and that this alone justified any level of response against Syria for fear of appearing weak on the global stage.
(Perhaps it was in a different thread and if so I humbly appologize.)
It occurs to me that this individual hasn't taken into account the fact that America uses fluoride in it's water supplies to pacify the masses. They use bromine, stem cells and aspartame (the feces of GM e-coli which is pretty much the EXACT definition of a chemical/bio-weapon) in the soft drinks and sweets. They put SV-40 in the vaccines and toxic (FDA approved) preservatives in just about anything they can find and this is to name but a few of the many examples to choose from. There is hardly a single person in North America that can avoid the 24/7/365 chemical onslaught against themselves and their families.
I am not pro-Syrian by any means but perhaps the individual in question should consider that before praising their nation for a "kinder & gentler" brand of chemical genocide...but what do I know.

-Peace-
edit on 13-9-2013 by Eryiedes because: Because misery loves company

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

minkmouse
Maybe Assads problems would go away if

His countries Central Bank wasn't state owned and controlled

Syria owed The IMF

They Hadn't banned GMO's

Didn't oppose Zionism and Isreal

Approved of any gas lines thru their country that Saudi Arabia and Qatar demands.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

GrantedBail
Assad Lays Down His Conditions: "US Must Stop Aiding Terrorists", Israel Disposing Of WMDs; Accuses Saudi, Qatar And Turkey

It was only a matter of time before Syria's Assad, emboldened by Obama's recent backtracking and confident he has all the leverage and momentum, started laying down his own conditions. And here they are, as per RIA and Interfax citing an interview with Assad to air in its entirety later today on Rossia 24 TV:

ASSAD CALLS FOR ISRAEL TO DISPOSE OF WMD (!)
ASSAD: 'REBELS MAY USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS AGAINST ISRAEL AS PROVOCATION'
ASSAD SAYS CHEMCIAL ARMS DEAL DEPENDS ON US STOPPING AID TO TERRORISTS
ASSAD SAYS WILL COMPLETE DEAL ONLY IF US STOPS "POLICY OF THREATS"
ASSAD ACCUSES TURKEY, SAUDI ARABIA, QATAR OF SUPPORTING TERRORISTS IN SYRIA
ASSAD EXPECTS TO START HANDING OVER INFO ON CHEMICAL WEAPONS ONE MONTH AFTER JOINING OPCW
ASSAD: 'ANY WAR AGAINST SYRIA WILL BECOME A WAR THAT WILL DESTROY THE WHOLE REGION'
ASSAD: 'NO COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST, PRIMARILY ISRAEL, SHOULD HAVE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION'
SYRIA TO SEND DOCUMENTS TO UN, CHEMICAL WEAPONS GROUP SOON
ASSAD SAYS IMPLEMENTATION OF DEAL MAY TAKE A MONTH OR MORE

Link

RIA Link

edit on 12-9-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

The wonders never cease that's pretty funny in a way as if he's taking a page from Putin's book.

He also realizes that a war waged on his military infrastructure will require a response of some kind and that any such response will mean his demise, and that's rather dangerous and unpredictable, so he might be right about a regional war breaking out..

But let us not forget that it looks rather clear, giving the pre and post chemical attack activity of his regime that he was responsible for the gassing of his own people, and that Putin protects him.

Also, the civil war responsible for over 100,000 deaths started out as peaceful protests. The man has blood on his hands, that's for sure.

Only problem is, so does the US and the Obama administration as those arms roll in to the rebels even as we speak.

A good war to put an end to, if such a thing were possible and it surely is. Better Assad than al Nasra and a destabalized M.E. - isn't that what the US has been fighting to QUELL in this so-called "war on terrorism"?

edit on 13-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

edit on 13-9-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
He's calling our government out. Saying put up or shut up. If we play nice, so does everyone else.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Assad does have a power base, and popular support, and he knows that.

Plus he has support of Iran.

As Obama and other American leaders have labelled Russian offer as 'delaying tactics', it was natural that now Assad will also try to extricate himself.

It is deal but no deal.

Assad now sees there is no benefit in giving up his CW stockpile, as US may take a unilateral action against him anyway, even after he gives up.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Syria is not USA's matter. It is unfortunate that USA wants to interfere in an old Shia/Sunni dispute.

This dispute is reflected into inhuman violence in Iraq and Syria now (and do not forget Pakistan which is seeing anti-Shia pogroms).

What does USA gain from killing Shias???? Is this a democratic ideal to kill a whole community?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
While I can understand Saudi Arabia and Qatar's desire to kill Shias (due to their fanatic beliefs, and autocratic governments), how do you justify the same in case of a 'democratic' USA???

One needs to ask, what is in it for USA???

USA has been massing forces in Jordan for several months now. Turkey (a NATO member) has been massing forces in the north. Against a small country with 20 million people and little resources.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Is USA mad at Assad for him being a dictator???

USA has a history of being cosy with the worst dictators of the world.

I doubt USA has any 'humanitarian' motive here. People who spread violence around by selling all kinds of weapons to all kinds of autocratic states do not engage in humanly deeds.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join