It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad Lays Down His Conditions: "US Must Stop Aiding Terrorists", Israel Disposing Of WMDs; Accuse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It seems to me that Assad is trying to move the goalposts - and maybe succeeding.

This whole situation is about what is happening in Syria yet he appears to be trying to turn it into a Middle East in general issue.

The facts are that both sides of this essentially Sunni / Shia dispute are committing atrocities and the priority has to be to stop the killing of innocents, regardless of whether it's by bullets or chemicals.

Assad is using classic deflection tactics by trying to drag Israel, Saudi Arabia and all the other Middle East countries into the equation.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Sounds reasonable to me, he should have ordered up a few pizzas to top off the list..lol All his demands are legitimate but of course, O-bumble's handlers are going to make him respond with more missile-waving horse dung. Especially when it is quite obvious that the MSM is trying desperately to hide the fact that it's Al-CIA-duh that is running a muck in Syria. Another thing, we need to pay attention because I'm sure "THEY" will use this whole fiasco to divert our attention from something else...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I don't understand why that sort of distraction would be effective? Most people do not want a war and I do not see how sending Putin out to look like the "peacemaker" would help change public opinion so that they could start a war anyway.

If anything, I am becoming more convinced that there is not a global elite or PTB that control everything. Corporations control America and a large portion of the world and it seems that Russia and Putin are not going to play the game.

If Putin can break that cycle of control and propaganda by the Corporate elite.....hold on to you seats!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I don't see any of those demands as being unreasonable.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Freeborn
It seems to me that Assad is trying to move the goalposts - and maybe succeeding.

This whole situation is about what is happening in Syria yet he appears to be trying to turn it into a Middle East in general issue.

The facts are that both sides of this essentially Sunni / Shia dispute are committing atrocities and the priority has to be to stop the killing of innocents, regardless of whether it's by bullets or chemicals.

Assad is using classic deflection tactics by trying to drag Israel, Saudi Arabia and all the other Middle East countries into the equation.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are already involved as they are bankrolling the 'rebels'. Forcing them to stop is a reasonable request as part of a bigger solution to a ceasefire and some sort of settlement.

Israel would nuke the middle east before giving their weapons up (with some justification given their position). Assad knows that and the Israeli request is obviously intended to be one that can be conceded early in discussions.

my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I give up! WTF is wrong with humanity. The whole freaking scene is disgusting! It's like some clown decided to fill an arena with five to seven year old children then dropped every weapon one can have in the middle of it all. What's at the bottom of all this...Testosterone, greed and f'ing religeon...Oh how wonderful and glorious god is!!! We don't deserve this freaking place, we really do not!

Sorry, I'm just beyond any understanding of how we're going to get past this with our global Fisher Price mentality! I think Assad wants evidence from his accusers and a little justice metered out to the whole region not just his country and I think he's spot on with his request!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

You are right. It "seems" unwise, but it is not if you have an ace in the hole.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
He has the attention of the world and is using it to make a point about how US allies like Saudi Arabia, Israel and Turkey are treated differently than other nations in the region who are non-aligned or opposed to the US. These nations are no saints themselves and if you want to take on the issues of WMD and human rights in the region you need to have consistency on the issue regardless of who is the violator. That said, I don't think this is about WMD or human rights and if he does get rid of his WMD he will still be taken out just like Saddam and Gaddafi were once they got rid of theirs. I'm sure he knows this too.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

gladtobehere
Not unreasonable.

Although the US and israel will never agree.

Its crazy if you think about it. That the US is openly trying to overthrow his government.

Isnt that an act of war?

Meh, I guess it doesnt matter. What can a 3rd world nation do against the one remaining super power...

edit on 12-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

What can a 3rd world nation do against the one remaining super power... ...
Protected by the Second (Russia) and third (China) world superpowers,, the answer: A LOT.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Strakha

Because the bottom line has nothing to do with WMD's

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe Assads problems would go away if

His countries Central Bank wasn't state owned and controlled

Syria owed The IMF

They Hadn't banned GMO's

Didn't oppose Zionism and Isreal

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

ShadellacZumbrum

It sounds like, Assad has his ducks in a row. Something has caused him to become pretty damn brave. We already know that he is in bed with Russia, but, did they just pull the covers up over their heads?

He is looking like the school yard bully with his peons backing him up.

OR

Maybe he actually has and Ace up his sleeve .. .. . .. ?
edit on 12-9-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

I find it interesting that you view Assad as a schoolyard bully. It seems the action of the US government towards Assad, Syria, and the Mid East as a whole are far more bully-like than anything Assad has done. Assad strikes me as the bully's victim, who finally grew a pair and decided to stand up for himself.

Asking that the US stop supporting terrorists, and that all Mid East countries destroy their WMD doesn't sound anything like a bully. Perhaps since you are used to seeing the US bully people, when another country actually stands up for itself it upsets you? Generally bullies get pretty mad when their victims don't just lie down and take it.

Assad has been upfront and cooperative in this issue. The US has been overly aggressive yet impotent at the same time. They appear as a crying baby who isn't getting their way. Yet Assad is the bully?

Most confusing!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I see we have a sympathizer.

Maybe the U.S. is being a little aggressive. However, my point is, Assad is really Not in any position to be making any demands. His first demand, being that Israel dispose of all WMDs. You can stick that in your "AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN" pile and flush it. It is Unrealistic and I think he is really trying to instigate matters. He also has backing coming from several different countries, which may have emboldened him.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

miniatus

Seems unwise to be making demands whilst staring down the barrel of a gun wielded by someone with an itchy trigger finger.
edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Nice picture.

I'd say it is also unwise to pull a gun in a room full of people (who also have guns) in the first place.

Lots of guns everywhere... and everyone is getting nervous... and the guy with the gun is broke and desperate.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's amazing how so many people can keep claiming Assad has any kind of legitimate reason to make demands. Assad has done nothing but deny having chem weapons then uses them then denies having used them then admits to having them then makes demands he has no right to make that he knows will not fly.

Yet some people keep championing this dictator who is in a civil war because he slaughtered protesters with his army. Thie world IQ level has dropped atleast 45pts in the past 4yrs.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SexNinja

You've been polarised by the argument, as so many people were in the Gulf War. Just because people are pointing out the shortcomings of an invasion, doesn't mean that they support the Assad regime any more than they supported Saddam Hussein.
What most people see is that Syria is about to have regime change forced upon them by a foreign power using foreign mercenaries. It's obvious that Assad is in the process of being set up, he will probably endure the same fate as Gaddafi, sodomised in the street then shot. This may not necessarily be a bad thing for Syria but it should be up to the Syrian people and not the Pentagon to decide.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Putin and Obama engaged in some "diplomatic" dialogue during the G20 ... yet BOTH are arming either side of the conflict.

I realize major arms exporters often do this ... but something about this whole Syria situation feels very very wrong. I don't know how else to describe it. Something is terribly amiss here.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

abdel

You've been polarised by the argument, as so many people were in the Gulf War. Just because people are pointing out the shortcomings of an invasion, doesn't mean that they support the Assad regime any more than they supported Saddam Hussein.
What most people see is that Syria is about to have regime change forced upon them by a foreign power using foreign mercenaries. It's obvious that Assad is in the process of being set up, he will probably endure the same fate as Gaddafi, sodomised in the street then shot. This may not necessarily be a bad thing for Syria but it should be up to the Syrian people and not the Pentagon to decide.

Whatver. I presented the facts . There's whole lot of Syrian citizens who disagree with the anti American rhetoric so many intact who have been inspired by the Arab Spring to protest against their dictator Assasd which in turn doing what most evil dictators do starting slaughtering them. This sparked the civil war NOW those same people are wondering where the source of their inspiration is.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

The F.S.A. rebels do not represent the Syrian people. They are made up from foreign mercenaries, mostly with Al Qaeda connections and Saudi prisoners. The Arab Spring was just regime change using the domino effect, if the Western powers kept out of Middle Eastern affairs there would be peace in 5 years.
Saudi Prisoners released to fight in Syria

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

This appears to evolving into one of those
"Give and inch, they take a yard" situations.

That is if these were the actual words spoken and the source is sound.

Someone is stirring the cauldron, that is for certain.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join