It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Arizona GOP Body Passes Formal Rebuke of John McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Official Arizona GOP Body Passes Formal Rebuke of John McCain

All I can say is it's about time. Of all the Senators deserving rebuke John McCain would have to be among the top picks.

The Legislative District 26 Republican Party in Arizona has passed a formal rebuke of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for abdicating GOP principles in helping Senate Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) secure votes to approve several of President Barack Obama’s controversial nominees.

Not what I was hoping for but at least someone is finally putting this wingnut in his place. It would have been better to see him censured for meeting and publicly supporting the enemies (Syrian terrorists) of the US in that photo-op from Syria. ^Sigh* guess we'll have to take what we can get.

The resolution says that given those facts, McCain must “cease deal-making and negotiations for Republican votes that undermine the Senate Republican Leader.” The resolution also argues that because of McCain’s work to help Reid and Obama secure confirmation of those liberal nominees, “the conduct of Senator McCain, is unbecoming a Member of the United States Senate, weakened the Senate Republican Leader, and is hereby strongly rebuked and condemned.”

Matt Papke, the third vice chair of the body, told Breitbart News that “McCain is the poster child for term limits.” “His back room dealings, insatiable war drum, and eroding base call to question why this man is our Senator,” Papke, who is also a candidate for Tempe, AZ, City Council, said in an email.

Not really enough but at least AZ appears to be waking up. While many Senators require censure and recall John McCain is IMO at the top of the list.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's about time that stumbling old fool get told in no uncertain terms, he was elected to serve...not screw...the people. He seems to LOVE screwing every citizen he can manage to...when he's not looking for new ways to murder them by sending them off to fight wars he alone seems almost sexually excited over.

It would be nice if he could be removed from office and thrown into Florence, Colorado for the rest of his pathetic life...to die in a dark, cold and brutal cell. It would be fitting for a man I've come to think of as a traitor in all but the strictest legal definition.

Of course, we could go bomb Syria after all. Just insure McCain is PERSONALLY loaded into the first bomb bay to rotate and release.
edit on 12-9-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

So tell us how you really feel Wrabbit.

Actually I agree with you 100%. Honestly McCain appears to be psychologically deranged half the time. If any veteran ever needed to be picked up and evaluated it's him.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is great news. McCain has flown the coop and it's good for Americans to see we don't need to attack the whole flock at once to achieve what we want, just take it one chicken at a time folks....one chicken at a time. Between this and the recall of the two CO law makers, as minimal as it may seem, this is actually huge. And it's about damn time.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

McCain needs to be bounced out of office like the 2 losers in CO from yesterday.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

While I like this gesture, I agree with you that I don’t think they went far enough. I’m shocked that the people of Arizona keep reelecting this bozo. I have the utmost respect for his service to this country and his bravery but….much like John Kerry….since Vietnam his actions have been increasingly despicable. This man is a fossil and should be put into a display case for future generations to study.

It’s time Arizona retire the Senior Senator, Mr McCain.

edit on 12-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

about time the rest of 'em are doing the next best thing to 'censure' him

heck i supported the man whem i live in AZ from 1990-1997
had friends that were buddy buddy with McCain...but that was when he was an independent Republican... since then he's gotten senile i guess

now i'm stuck with his SC fool-in-arms the Senator Lindsey Graham that has drunk the koolade and has a swollen Napoleonic complex i guess

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by Bassago

McCain needs to be bounced out of office like the 2 losers in CO from yesterday.

I would rather see him bounced off the Wells Fargo Tower here in central Phoenix.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Maybe McCain and Graham can leave together. Or at least rightly change the "R" next to their name to "D".

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'd say they definitely hadn't gone far enough..but probably as far as they could go. In reality. McCain is one of a small group in Congress that are regularly seen running off, internationally to face to face impact foreign policy. That's assuming, and we shouldn't IMO, that he isn't conducting a little foreign policy of his own.

Do you recall, years back...and I don't personally remember which crisis it was over now, the big outrage when Congressmen/Senators made the first trip into a crisis zone without clear, specific White House permission to do that? In recent years McCain and a few others have made something of a side job of it to go back over headlines.

The Logan Act is what specifically covers that....but like so much else, nothing is really enforced anymore unless it catches the eye of someone who has a reason to want to enforce it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Maybe this can make a case for Mark Levin's proposal that US Senators be elected by their state senate to represent the state. It would be easier to remove them when they fail to follow the will of their state and instead promote their own agenda.

For someone who spent so much time in war I have never seen anyone else beat the war drum as steadily and repeatedly as he does. The fact he was a Vietnam vet is the only thing he has to flag around.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by St Udio

Maybe McCain and Graham can leave together. Or at least rightly change the "R" next to their name to "D".

Wouldn't that be nice, my vote is they just get out. Maybe they could stop by and pick up Harry Reid on their way out. The 3(D) Amigos.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

liveandlearn
reply to post by Bassago

For someone who spent so much time in war I have never seen anyone else beat the war drum as steadily and repeatedly as he does. The fact he was a Vietnam vet is the only thing he has to flag around.

This confuses me too. The only thing that comes to mind is that he's a bitter old man who has suffered and he's going to try to make sure others never forget it and even suffer along with him.

top topics

join