It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Syria? An Examination of the Iran-Iraq-Syria Pipeline.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
«As the Western military forces congregate in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea in anticipation of a “limited strike” on Syria, it is time to ask ourselves a simple question: Why?»

«In the summer of 2011, just weeks after civil war broke out in Syria, the Tehran Times released a report entitled, Iran, Iraq, Syria Sign Major Gas Pipeline Deal. The report provided details on how Iran planned to export its vast natural gas reserves to Europe through a pipeline that traversed both Iraq and Syria. This Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline would be the largest gas pipeline in the Middle East and would span from Iran’s gas-rich South Pars field to the Mediterranean coastline in Lebanon, via Iraq and Syria.»

The official Western narrative against Syria goes something like this:

The Syrian government has abused basic human rights, maintains deep ties with rogue regimes like Iran and North Korea, and just recently launched a chemical weapons strike on hundreds of its own people. In addition to killing its own people, the Assad regime is serving to destabilize an already unstable Middle East. Assad must go…

First, consider these words from U.S. General Wesley Clark. Clark, who is clearly a globalist, admitted that the U.S. had already made the decision to invade Syria as early as 2001.

UK’s Daily Mail on January 2013. Below is a snippet of the report, which was entitled, U.S. ‘backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad’s regime’ :

- Leaked emails have allegedly proved that the White House gave the green light to a chemical weapons attack in Syria that could be blamed on Assad’s regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country. A report released on Monday contains an email exchange between two senior officials at British-based contractor Britam Defence where a scheme ‘approved by Washington’ is outlined explaining that Qatar would fund rebel forces in Syria to use chemical weapons.

Here’s the text of the email, according to the report:

Phil… We’ve got a new offer. It’s about Syria again. Qataris propose an attractive deal and swear that the idea is approved by Washington.
‘We’ll have to deliver a CW to Homs, a Soviet origin g-shell from Libya similar to those that Assad should have. ‘
They want us to deploy our Ukrainian personnel that should speak Russian and make a video record. ‘Frankly, I don’t think it’s a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous.
Your opinion?
‘Kind regards, David.’

(As an interesting side note, the Daily Mail yanked this story from their website just a few weeks ago, perhaps in anticipation of the recent chemical weapons strike. However, FTMDaily was able to locate the story through the use of archive.org)

So far, the only hard evidence that exists is the above email which shows intent on the part of the U.S., not Syria.

Source

There's a further retraction from Daily mail, about this:
DailyMail Retraction

And quoting Vilhem, here in ATS

This is very interesting, though. To see an article about a possible U.S.-approved CW strike in Syria and then its retraction in the months leading up to an actual CW attack in Syria which is also being blamed on Assad... I guess it isn't too much of a stretch to consider a case of government censorship/cover-up being possible.

The daiy mail about 3 months later after the news:

We now accept that email was fabricated and acknowledge there is no truth in any suggestion that Britam or its directors were willing to consider taking part in such a plot, which may have led to an atrocity.

here
edit on 12-9-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
21 July 2011
TEHRAN - Iran, Iraq, and Syria have signed a deal for the construction of the Middle East’s largest gas pipeline, which would transit Iranian gas from Iran’s South Pars gas field to Europe via Lebanon and the Mediterranean Sea.

According to the deal, Iranian gas will be transited to Greece and other European countries via a 6,000-kilometer pipeline crossing thorough Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon and under the Mediterranean Sea.

Gaddafi murdered in 20 October 2011

source
edit on 12-9-2013 by voyger2 because: correction on gadsafi's name

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What does Putin say, in his open letter to Americans, that complies w/ OP:

No one doubts that poison gas was used in Syria. But there is every reason to believe it was used not by the Syrian Army, but by opposition forces, to provoke intervention by their powerful foreign patrons, who would be siding with the fundamentalists. Reports that militants are preparing another attack — this time against Israel — cannot be ignored.

This internal conflict, fueled by foreign weapons supplied to the opposition, is one of the bloodiest in the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
We are back into Cold War!

23 JUL 2013

U.S. congressional hurdles lifted on arming Syrian rebels.
President Barack Obama will move forward with a plan for the United States to arm the struggling Syrian rebels after some congressional concerns were eased, officials said on Monday.

Source

16 May 2013

Russia Sends More Advanced Missiles to Aid Assad in Syria.
Russia has sent advanced antiship cruise missiles to Syria, a move that illustrates the depth of its support for the Syrian government led by President Bashar al-Assad, American officials said Thursday.

Source

It's About:
The new Islamic pipeline and

Arab Gas Pipeline:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Okay so what exactly would this pipeline enable for Iran and the coutries it supplies? Is simply thwarting this pipeline good enough reason for us to invade and potentially start ww3? Or would it be that we'd like to take control of the pipeline and have it go... where? It's already heading into Europe. Does the US not like that?

I'm not sure this is making the best sense to be just about the pipeline. If someone can explain the strategy the US is envisioning related to this pipeline, how it effects it's enemies, and it's allies, then I'll bite.

I'm asking someone to help our here. How does this make sense?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Well I don't know for the Islamic Pipeline (IRAN, IRAQ and SYRIA).. I made a litle drawing :
Red: Islamic (possible)
Green: Arab pipe

Syria is already part of a Western-ordained gas pipeline that spans from Egypt to Homs. This pipeline, known as the Arab Gas Pipeline, was originally planned to continue traveling north of Homs up into Turkey. From there, it can be piped into Europe. The major players of this Western approved pipeline include Saudi Arabia and Qatar, among other Gulf nations.

Syrian President Assad has since rejected the Arab Gas Pipeline and has instead begun working closely with Iran on Iran’s proposed gas pipeline, dubbed the Islamic Pipeline. This proposed pipeline would obviously compete directly with the Arab Gas Pipeline and its goal of delivering Mideast natural gas to Europe.

Most Arabs view the Islamic Pipeline as a Shi’ite pipeline serving Shi’ite interests. After all, it originates in Shi’ite Iran, passes through Shi’ite Iraq, and flows into Shi’ite controlled Syria. Therefore, the Sunni-dominated Gulf nations have both an economic and to a lesser extent, a religious reason, for stopping the Islamic Pipeline from becoming a reality. So far, the Gulf nations have violently opposed Syria’s adoption of the Islamic Pipeline by arming opposition fighters within Syria in order to destabilize the nation. While the ultimate goal is to topple the Assad regime, these hopes appear to be diminishing as Assad remains strong and defiant in the face of recent opposition.

Hope it was clear...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I almost got it ...
i found an image of the supposed Islamic Pipeline, to be constructed, here:

source

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

OK Voyager2, This is a pretty nice and clear little explanation as to what is Really UP! OK, I can now see why Qatar and Saudi Arabia are willing to pay for a bombing campaign of Syria, As, That old movie we all saw said "Just Follow The Money". Star for your post, Peace
Arjuanda

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arjunanda

Like Jerry Robinson says here:

In the end, these conflicts in the Middle East are all about controlling the flow of energy resources.

source

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

The Arab Pipeline from Egypt to Jordan to Syria is operating but is supplying gas at a reduced rate.

And the section going from Egypt to Israeli is not delivering at all.

Why is that and who is supporting the efforts to keep the Egyptian gas production minimized ?

And on the bigger picture, who benefits the most from stalling all gas pipeline efforts from the Middle East to Europe ?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well i could search for reasons to answer you (eventually I will). For me, the most relevant Issue here, is the fact a foreign country (based on Propaganda, I don't care if is the US or Russia) tries to undermine a Government, in is own interest's !

And you know the rest of the story... (human's right's, right?)(wrong!)"

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by voyger2

Why is that and who is supporting the efforts to keep the Egyptian gas production minimized ?

I don't know.

xuenchen
reply to post by voyger2

And on the bigger picture, who benefits the most from stalling all gas pipeline efforts from the Middle East to Europe ?

Possible, Russia.
Russia is the main supplier of Europe.

source[

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Pentagon may be involved in Cheical Attack in Syria: US Intelligence Colonel Hacked Emails.

Hacker got access to U.S. intelligence correspondence and published U.S. Army Col. ANTHONY J. MACDONALD’s mail. Macdonald is General Staff Director, Operations and Plans Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence the Army Staff. It’s about chemical attack in Syria.

In the message August 22 Eugene Furst congratulates Col. on successful operation and refers him to Washington Post publication about chemical attack in Syria. From the Anthony’s wife dialog with her friend it’s clear the video with the children killed in the chemical attack near Damascus was staged by U.S. Intelligence.

E.FURST: By the way, saw your latest success, my congratulations. Good job.
A.MACDONALD: As you see, I’m far from this now, but I know our guys did their best.

Another set of private correspondence between his wife Jeniffer MacDonald and Mary Shapiro reveals that colonel did not keep his mouth shut in the bedroom:

M.SHAPIRO: I can’t stop thinking about that terrible gas attack in Syria now. Did you see those kids? I was really crying They were poisoned, they died. When is it over? I see their faces when in sleep. What did Tony say you about this?
J.MACDONALD: I saw it too and got afraid very much. But Tony comforted me. He said the kids weren’t hurt, it was done for cameras. So you don’t worry, my dear.
M.SHAPIRO: I’m still thinking about those Syrian kids. Thanks God, they are alive. I hope they got a kind of present or some cash.

[url=http://www.globalresearch.ca/pentagon-may-be-involved-in-chemical-attack-in-syria-us-intelligence-colonel-hacked-mail-reflect/5348039]Source[/url ]

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

There's been some ongoing discussions in other threads about the pipelines.

I theorized that Russia stands to gain the most by stalling all ME pipeline efforts, especially the proposed Islamic Pipeline across Iran-Iraq-Syria then to Greece, and Turkey's proposed Nabucco Gas Pipeline to Austria.

The second objection to the Islamic Pipeline is from Qatar/Saudi Arabia.

They want their gas to go to Europe, not Iran's. Iran is Shiite and Iran is not Arab.

Qatar/Saudis want their own pipeline directly to Syria.

Russia aims to stall all efforts because their company Gazprom is the largest extractor of natural gas and one of the largest companies in the world.

That said without to many details, a member suggested that the Saudis and Qatar could just put their pipeline through Iraq, to Turkey.

But, Iraq is too unstable (by intentional design) and more than 2/3 are Shiite (big issue with the Saudi and Qatar Monarchies)

Qatar and the Saudis are interested in a direct gas pipeline to Syria (shorter total distance).

From there, a small distance would tie into the proposed Turkey pipelines to Austria (if that ever happens).

Turkey is also against the Islamic Pipeline because it bypasses Turkey's proposed Nabucco Gas Pipeline to Austria.

Russia is successfully stalling all of the above.

Qatar and the Saudis might be interested in tying into the existing Arab Pipeline that now runs from Egypt, through Jordan and into Syria.

Part of the Arab Pipeline is shutdown (going to Israel [aww]), and the line going to Jordan/Syria is slow because Egypt can't deliver the volume (all by intentional design because the Saudis back one side in Egypt, and Qatar backs the other side -- (even though they are partners ! -- sounds familiar !!).

So, we have Russia protecting their interests and we have the Saudi/Qatar interests fighting the Russian interests.

It's mostly happening in Syria, and Iraq is still in a partial civil war (by intentional design).

Qatar and Saudi Arabia have a lot of business with Western oil companies like Exxon-Mobile, Shell, etc.

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are big supporters of oil petrodollars, and Qatar has a large U.S. military base.

Hence, the U.S. interests.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by voyger2

Qatar and Saudi Arabia have a lot of business with Western oil companies like Exxon-Mobile, Shell, etc.

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are big supporters of oil petrodollars, and Qatar has a large U.S. military base.

Hence, the U.S. interests.

I found your reply very lucid one and I apriciet that.
here's a nice video about interests there:

here's also nice article about petrodollars, i should develop later.
ftmdaily.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Oh Dear, so much makes sense and one cannot notice that it doesn't include Israel in the deal - so again never mind the USA its also its puppet master that has its hooked nose way out of joint. I have no problem with doing business with Iran as that country has never dalt any bad deals to my country as far as I know, which I can't say the same about the saudis etc.

What gets me is what business does the USA have regarding the people in Europe accessing gas to keep their power supplies going. What actual business it is of bambam's and his palls from qua tar. Those little sinks don'[t give a damn about the syrian people and their familes out under canvas whilst they live to the hilt in luxury. I hope the saudi and quatas get what they duly deserve 10 fold. I am just so disgusted with not only the USA and quatar but also my lot in westminster as they are all their with their grubby paws in the trough. I do actually hope there is a god who punishes although I have trouble with the practicalities of his existence.

Bambam hates Iran but as an european I am nterested in getting energy to keep my country running and also the cost to the syrian families who hae suffered as well as a lot of other people such as today the jordanians. I think its time to tell washington that bambam's interference into euro affairs needs to be stopped alongside his iranian hagters the israelis. They should be dealing with their affairs without interfering in other country;s power supples as we are hardly likely to get energy sent to us from either the USA or the quataris or indeed israel.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

You're right, the problem about US interference in the "European Affairs" is England and I believe France, that need to "maintain the colonized empire", so, they cover their back from each other and split the profit's... no real human values or morals here, only media manipulation...

new topics

top topics

join