It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's State of Confusion Address Tonight 9:00 pm eastern (US)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

jonjonj
reply to post by ZombieWoof

It is rather sad that you suggest that your president, who has just avoided mass destruction, is a puppet. That is indeed sad.

He hasn't avoided anything. He kicked the can down the road to see what Russia will do because his war-monger rhetoric blew up in his face.

We have just been called-out and Obama backed down.

Perhaps he should have shut his mouth until all the facts were present and made stupid statements!

link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Just rage at what happened and is happening in other nations. That high selectivity of people's attention and emotion is a remarkable thing to see at times.

Oh good, you are just enraged. About what again?

Our lack of action?

Sorry if I got it wrong.

link   

Jaellma

buni11687
Did he just say Israel has US "shupport?"

yes he did...lol...I thought I heard wrong but he did say so.

I couldn't bear to watch it live. Was he doing a Sean Connery impression? shupport

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Propaganda is always in use, I will read a transcript and listen to the speech again tomorrow, but I am pretty sure he mentioned they are not a threat and that allies in the area can easily handle themselves.

If I am wrong I will happily eat my hat.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

As an educated man perhaps my use of the words are not the same as yours, let me respond then. President Obama had the opportunity to create absolute world havoc and he chose to not do that.................Did I miss something?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

jonjonj
reply to post by ZombieWoof

It is rather sad that you suggest that your president, who has just avoided mass destruction, is a puppet. That is indeed sad.

The chemical weapons issue is one thing.

There is nothing being discussed by any nation about stopping the civil war in Syria.

Russia provides aid to Syria.

The U.S. officially provides humanitarian aid to rebels in Syria.

Other 3rd parties provide weapons to rebels in Syria.

There are 3rd parties involved in the direct fighting in Syria.

Our 'President' is ignoring all the real issues that have already slaughtered over 100,000 people.

All that will continue and probably escalate.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

He said it is not only a violation of international law, but a danger to our security.....and then....stated that the Assad regime does not pose a threat that we do not deal with daily.

I call that contradiction!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama is probably break dancing with Biden and Kerry right now because they have more time to work through this so called peaceful proposal. And, the more time that passes,,,,,,the more people forget.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

This was in 2007, we are now in 2013 so the plan is already behind schedule... absolving Syria of the fake motivation that will validate aggression is not in the plans, can you imagine what they will do if they fail to sell this thing ?

Hasn't stopped US before. There will be a pretext for war. Like you said the plan is the plan is the plan.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

jonjonj

As an educated man perhaps my use of the words are not the same as yours, let me respond then. President Obama had the opportunity to create absolute world havoc and he chose to not do that.................Did I miss something?

As an uneducated man, perhaps my comments did not stress the fact that havoc was only avoided by the pressure from Russia and the lack of evidence Assad was responsible.

Maybe we have a different definition of "choice".

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
They say they have classified info proving who did it, but they won't release it. Then they direct us to watch youtube video's of dead and dying people from these chemicals as such proof. If they got proof then show it! A bunch of video's of dying people doesn't prove who deployed the chemicals. It could of been Ronald McDonald that did it for all we know. This is a hoodwink. They act like they care about all those children well what about all the children dying everyday around the world? What about the Benghazi scandal and those that died there? He wants to use the death of these children as a means to go into Syria & war is perfect escape goat to sidetrack all these scandals. I tire of the MSM putting stuff like this on T.V. and not pushing and following up on it. On 9/11 it was the top story, and a week later it's back to business like nothing happen. Who cares if everything about that story defied the laws of physics multiple times and all info points to a inside job. Funny a government that claims truth and justice, but offers neither when things really get serious. Why is that? It's because their hands are dirty and they can't wash the blood away so they just hide it, just like any common murderer or thief would do. If there was a government for the people and by the people then there is no reason for a government to deceive it's citizens and hide behind the word classified. They use the same words if you have nothing to hide then why worry? You can't say the same when it comes to government the biggest deceptive liars of all.

link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I completely agree with the idea. However, in practise, the world is biger than syria, bigger than palestine, bigger than uk if you would permit...honesty?

link   
reply to post by RAY1990

You get what you need and then you double it...or you risk losing a fight. The idea of war isn't to fight, but to win and end it. Quickly. Imagine...by today's standards, we'd JUST be getting done with World War II. I mean, it damn sure wouldn't have been just 4 short years from the time the US entered at a 3rd world level of military force to exiting a member of the strongest forces in the world.

This will be the first time in my living memory and perhaps since 1945, that the United States has picked a fight in any REAL way militarily without an Aircraft Carrier within direct support range..and in fact, almost all of them, out of action entirely. That alone is something I've never seen at this %.

So say what you'd like, but it IS unprecedented as serious military action was in the serious considering stage within the last few days.

To be real frank about it? The level we're treating enemies these days is, by itself, a SERIOUS insult and one we're also PAYING for. Remember Bush's "Bring it on" B.S.??? Well, they did ...and before he left office, he publicly stated he regretted ever saying that. This is Obama's gaffe of the same magnitude, although in rather different context. Weakness invites aggression. Almost without historic exception.

*** I am definitely NOT for a war here. Never have been.. However, ONE thing was WORSE than war. That was coming out of this WEAKER than the U.S. went into it. Amazingly, that seems to be the outcome at this stage. Somehow, we've managed to lose without even having fought at all....and that, is an accomplishment.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247Mass destruction may come tomorrow!!!! 9-11-2013 And it wasn't even his idea in the first place, it was Putins

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Perhaps you would rather the whole world died, children and all then? I mean wtf?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jonjonj

Sometimes it is wise to eat humble pie...meaning, stfu cos ya not the biggest bull in the shed
My point, thanks to the common sense of the American Govt we aren't in a huge, face off, nasty war with Russia and China

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

jonjonj

Perhaps you would rather the whole world died, children and all then? I mean wtf?

I don't play that game!

Just because I disagree with how this was handled does NOT mean I want people to die! In fact, I am against a strike on Syria, but the game we played that brought us to this speech tonight is sickening and shows just how weak our foreign policy and leadership is!

You can shove your weak attempt at emotional propaganda into whatever hole you like the most because I don't fall for that.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That is just semantics, well done man
And I am not sure why you were offensive. I hope I never offended you.
edit on 10-9-2013 by jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

eLPresidente
Rand Paul's response to Obama #Syria speech.

This guy needs to be our next President.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I should have left when I had the chance. Well done USA, you may in fact have saved the world

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join