It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married, Female 8 Years Dies in First Night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

An eight-year-old child bride has died in Yemen of internal bleeding sustained during her wedding night after being forced to marry a man five times her age, activists have claimed.
The girl, identified only as Rawan, died in the tribal area of Hardh in northwestern Yemen, which borders Saudi Arabia.
Activists are now calling for the groom, who is believed to be around 40 years old, and her family to be arrested so they can face justice in the courts.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

CHILD BRIDES: A GLOBAL ISSUE

edit on 10-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Friggin animals! When are they going to be human and learn not to traumatize and murder children???
No compassion, no damned common sense on how this is so wildly wrong and cruel!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Night Star
Friggin animals! When are they going to be human and learn not to traumatize and murder children???
No compassion, no damned common sense on how this is so wildly wrong and cruel!

Yes! i agree With You!

not Just You i think whole world angry..

Angry Man, a blogger, posted that the man was 'an animal who deserved to be punished severely for his crime'.
'All those who supported such a crime should also be punished,' he added.
Another blogger, called Omar, wrote: 'Rawan’s family members are not humans. They do not deserve to have children.'

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This part of the world could surely use some Anatomy/Physiology and Child Psychology courses. Education would be very helpful, especially about the human body. But, we know that isn't going to happen. Pedophiles, en masse, well, Mary mother to Jesus, was 15 when the holy spirit came onto her *giggles* so, I guess that means God approves of this.

Just sick.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i dont know why yaman..

is the enforcement of justice just silent?

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
What kind of a person could just hand over their 8 year old daughter..

The parents should be strung up.. The groom should be strung up

An 8 year old is just a baby. What a sick culture

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

That hits the nail on the head, their culture is sick.. The men are all animals over there and they are taught to be that way because "their culture is sick" So totally true..

So on his wedding night what does the animal do? he brutalizes his new bride and it kills her.. This animal should be shot in the back of the head.

In like 5,000 years, these idiots over there have never progressed one tiny bit! They are barbarians, (the men anyways).. The women are dominated and treated as property.. And American political figures prop up their leaders over in the Mideast just for oil deals.

edit on 10-9-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

The quicker countries that support a sick culture like this are nuked off the map, the better.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

chloe4412
This part of the world could surely use some Anatomy/Physiology and Child Psychology courses. Education would be very helpful, especially about the human body. But, we know that isn't going to happen. Pedophiles, en masse, well, Mary mother to Jesus, was 15 when the holy spirit came onto her *giggles* so, I guess that means God approves of this.

Just sick.

Do you really think God approves of a man brutalizing a child and killing her? If you really believe that I feel truly sorry for you.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

ShaithisFerenczy
reply to post by alienreality

The quicker countries that support a sick culture like this are nuked off the map, the better.

wait until you see this one..

Child bridegroom: Eight-year-old boy marries 61-year-old woman after 'dead ancestors told him to tie the knot'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

do we live in a better future?

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

alienreality

chloe4412

Just sick.

Do you really think God approves of a man brutalizing a child and killing her? If you really believe that I feel truly sorry for you.

Biblical writings and texts, whether christian or other, are all based off life thousands of years ago where this was the norm. So yes, if you believe religious crap you believe all this stuff is okay too.

You can't cherry pick which is "wrong" and which is "right". It's like when homophobes start ranting about how the bible proves god hates gay people.

All the people who turn to ramblings from yesteryear are all nuts. There's no logic in it. And if these things were status quo back then, you can't deny or omit them simply because it doesn't fit in with your "love and light" so called beliefs. Its either all true, or its all BS.

I vote on the latter.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Enjoyed reading your rant, not much logic in what you are selling either... Lots and lots of emotion in there..

Sounds like you are trying to say there is no right and wrong except those things you feel are right or wrong, "do what thou wilt" sounds like you are saying..

By the way, no human being has any right to say that God hates someone.. He loves the person, but hates the sin, or evil they do.. But you can twist everything to suit your hatred of Christian values you misinterpret and don't understand.

Also, "homophobes that say God hates gays are liars, as the good book does not teach, nor does it say this anywhere..
Overzealous people in every religion and belief seem to believe they have also attained God status, and that they are authorized to judge others and claim what God thinks.... A little common sense would tell you these people are deluded and don't represent Christian values..

And this guy over in Yemen is not a Christian, he probably doesn't have a clue what to believe except whatever makes him feel good, just like an animal will behave.
edit on 10-9-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

this is completely sickening, it makes me feel nauseated just reading about it, a child on this planet for 96 months is married to some old twisted pervert.. and all carried out as if they are getting another goat, it's inhumane.. dont kill the guy, that is the easy way out of everything for everyone... prison and hard labour... if the taxpayer is going to feed him, then he must earn his bread... personally I'd love to beat the crap out of him but I think it's better to stick his kind in prison as above... New laws are needed and needed fast on this matter... it should be ILLEGAL for any person male/female under the age of 18 to have sexual intercourse, and it shouldn't be up for discussion, it should be enforced strickly with severe punishment and penalties applied... some may think this old fashioned idea, but we need to bring back some sort of law and order into everyday life, it has become far too loose and anything goes with a who gives a # attitude... we need to turn around and get respect back into society.. and this child marriage is one of the many things happening on this planet that makes us all wish we had put in an applicaiton for the mars one way journey... I know I wish I was picked to get to hell as far away from earth as possible.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
This is a terrible thing to have happened and as a Father I am sickened to the stomach.
But who are we to tell another culture how to live their lives.
This would not have been the first time a child has died in this manner in this culture I am sure.
But now that we have the internet we can see how backwards in thinking some other cultures are.
Again it is terrible and if I had my way I would have this pedophile strung up for what I consider an evil act.
But the parents of this child obviously condoned this marriage and this would be a regular occurrence in their culture, who are we to judge. I dont see the Yemen people shooting missiles into neighboring countries which I also think is barbaric and wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

I just wanted to add to your post. When we see this kind of thing through western filters, we recoil in disgust, we are shocked and are repulsed.

But it is another culture. Another mindset. Another belief system.

It is a terrible tragedy by our standards.

But only by our standards.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yuck I wish I hadn't read this. Sorry I don't have much else to say. I only pray they re-enact the "age 17" law after this episode. This is just too disgusting to devote more of my thoughts toward.

(My initial reaction and post when I saw this in the duplicate thread.)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

beezzer

Not so. Death is a tragedy to everyone, globally, universally. We all feel this pain. No culture or group is an exception (individuals, maybe.) This is where one needs to take a hard look at cultural norms and revise them.

No, it's not our place to judge other cultures, but it is their place to judge their own when lives are needlessly lost in this way!

edit on 10-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

NarcolepticBuddha

beezzer

Not so. Death is a tragedy to everyone, globally, universally. We all feel this pain. No culture or group is an exception. This is where one needs to take a hard look at cultural norms and revise them.

No, it's not our place to judge other cultures, but it is their place to judge their own when lives are needlessly lost in this way!

True. But we cannot force a mindset onto other cultures. Isn't that what everyone keeps saying? Western Imperialism. . . .blah blah blah.

We should mind our own business?

I can only hope that all other cultures find it as disgusting as we do.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Opps I duplicated your thread.. Will have mine closed down. This is disgusting and I am sure Allah would not approve.
sf

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

beezzer
I can only hope that all other cultures find it as disgusting as we do.

Right, unfortunately all we can do is hope they see the wisdom of not killing children by attempting to have sex with them *facepalm*....can't even believe I had to type such a sentence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join