It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT sources: Syrian rebels plan chemical attack on Israel from Assad-controlled territories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

RT sources: Syrian rebels plan chemical attack on Israel from Assad-controlled territories

rt.com

A chemical attack may be launched on Israel by Syrian rebels from government-controlled territories as a "major provocation", a number of sources have told RT.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If indeed true and not state-sponsored news propaganda then this could be a game-changer if the rest of the media picks it up early enough. Ultimately, future international involvement depends on the accuracy of the source material, the sheer amount of resources at stake (human lives included), and whether the use of chemical weapons is stopped or continues to plague the population within Syria and potentially outside as well.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Desperation beyond the cusp of madnesss. Seems to be the order of the day!

Whatever it takes, trust me, whatever it takes.....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Israel will not sit back on this if it does happen WE ARE LOOKING AT WW3 up front and real close , not yelling , but I should be, for if you the reader, can not the path to it,,,, your blind !!!!! Assad will get the blame, Israel will hit Iran will hit Israel, Jordan Egypt Arab league Turkey Russia Chian India, are all ready for the war US is just a sitting duck, alone.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Provocation would not happen right now by the government since they actually know Russia and Iran would turn against them in a heartbeat. They don't want the US over there. Rebels aren't supposed to have access to chemical weapons I thought. ?

Kerry is clearly trying to be a tough guy. When was this guy ever anti-war. "After" Russia, and the others come forth with a proposal he comes out to say, "we will only back off if,,,,," and were going to make it impossible to do because we will only give them one week. It appears Assad has fully agreed to this via statements from his government over the weekend. And you know he got that info before we did. So Kerry has to threaten still? Why would it be so bad to say, "it appears they are making some decisions that can appease us; we are looking at these". Does he realize how stupid he sounds since we all know who initiated the passing of this olive branch first?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well as someone elequently stated on another thread:

For the US the decsion to attack or not attack Syria is a decsion on whether we commit homicide or suicide.

So.....what do you think we will decide?

I think the phrase you are looking for is "between a rock and a hard place."

If we ignore Iran and leave Syria alone, we risk total destabilization of our economy leading to a massive inflationary cycle and depression which could also spread to the world. This would essentially remove the United States from any role as a superpower indefinitely and could even take us back to third-world status... and drag the rest of the West with us.

If we continue on the present course and attack Syria directly to get at Iran, we run the risk of igniting a third world war and will no doubt be responsible for millions of deaths around the globe.

Suicide or homicide?

Tough choice.

TheRedneck

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Not going to happen

Israel has Iron dome and man for man one of the best armies in the world, my kids aren't walking around carrying gas masks so the Gov't isn't too worried.

None of my friends have given the heads up that a call back to Israel is on the cards.

I call sensationalist journalism on this one.

Besides why would the rebels risk the destruction of the land they are fighting for ?

It would be suicide to attack Israel with chemical weapons, nothing short of the annihilation Syria would follow. Rebels and loyalists alike

Just saying

Cody

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just read the RT link and saw this :

A few hours earlier, US Secretary of State John Kerry said that to avoid a military operation Syrian President Bashar Assad has a week to surrender control of “every single bit” of his stock of chemical weapons to the international community. “But he isn't about to do it and it can't be done,” he added, speaking at a media conference in London, as he was wrapping up his European tour in a move to win support for the Obama-proposed “limited” strike against Syria.

“But he isn't about to do it and it can't be done,”

This is the first time that i have used this phrase on ATS : Mr Kerry... Pics or it didn't happen!

We might get to see a Colin Powell clone here folks!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 9-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It seems to me that radical muslims such as al qaida and quite a few other syrian rebels would much rather flatten israel than have it remain in the hands of the jews. You know how many rockets hit israel on a daily basis? 'S a lot mate.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CrisMajor

Umm yeah

My kids live there

I lived there for 10 years and served in the IDF , so I have a rough idea.

I also know that a few rebels and al quieda are in no way shape or form capable of "flattening Israel"

A few stray rockets into the Negev ? No biggie they aren't even capable of accurate targeting, just put in about the right amount of fuel point shoot and hope.

I'm really not worried about it, if I was I'd be on a plane right now

Cody

edit on 9/9/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Never said they could, just that given the choice...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

cody599

Not going to happen

Cody

Yea this isn't going to happen. In fact I will go so far as to say this is a crap propaganda piece. This could be Assad pro prop so some heat can be deflected from his use of said weapons. The old got to fight fire stuff. No way Assad would give up chem weapons nor would anyone expect him to if they really knew the Rebs had some gas and the like.

I guess we are to suppose now that Assad's attack was preemptive?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
chemical chemical.........that place needs a NUKE
there i said it.oh the horror.

imagine the problems it would solve.

israel the #tards that bully the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

more about this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
we should not forget this btw:

But there is every reason to believe it was used not by the Syrian Army, but by opposition forces, to provoke intervention by their powerful foreign patrons, who would be siding with the fundamentalists. Reports that militants are preparing another attack — this time against Israel — cannot be ignored.

Putin's open letter to americans.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

When oil became such a big part of the world economy to the point where economies could be wrecked by greedy oil producing nations then the game changed honey. When oil can be used as a weapon then its war. Those oil producing countries are not like a bunch of Amish furniture makers over there just humbly plying their trade.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

OR Else.... those Rebel Barbarians in the FSA will leave Chemical Weapons to be found just where Assad did not say they would be at---- thus making Syria look like they are holding-out or just plain concealing CWs from the USA /UN/ and the world

this whole thing with untrusted AQ ans al Nusra fanatics as American Allies and proxy fighters is a complete joke

Assad & Russia should say to the USA...quit funding the butchers & Anarchist killers that are poising as an Army...
WE,,, the Syrian and Russian forces will move the population to camps to get protected from those Radicals and we-as-a-team will go annihalate the Rebel forces with our combined miliiary might

the USA under 0bama has made a deal with an Unknown entity...

Basheur Assad already alluded to Rebels doing a False-Flag attack on Israel as the number 2 item on his list of demands to the USA... well thats on another thread... but trust me Assad is well aware of Intrigues being played by the Wersts proxy army of cutthroats and barbarians poising as anti-Assad freedom-fighters

ADD;

here's my bottom line assessment of the various Anti-Assad Rebels, FSA...

they will eventually behave just as the Afghan Mujahadeen fighters did as resistance to the Soviets in Afghanistan... they gor armed, supplied, intelled, supported, funded by the USA

but what did the bin Laden faction do... well they took their sidewindrs and RPGs and began a campaign against the USA... which eventually led to 911 (because the Mujahedeen were expendable fighters that already served their USA purpose...

I see the FSA consortum of factions doing the exact same thing to the USA as the Afghan Mujahadeen did... i trust the Russians and Assads Syrian forces to behave better than the Rebels will in the future--- dont turn your back on the FSA is the bottom line
edit on 12-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

join