It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Vote ATS'ers: Attack or Not To Attack Syria for Alleged Chemical Attacks on its Own Citizens?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ok so the function of governance is to insure that people are treated properly. For the record all sides have confirmed in FACT that chemical weapons were used in Syria.

So instead of all sides working together to ascertain the details on the ground? Politically both sides are insisting that the other is to blame.

In context human beings were exposed to chemical weapons and however it happened the conflict needs to end. The reasoning for this is simple, chemical weapons use is a game changer in conflict.

I say yes, there is no real reason to trust the Russians. And in so far as Iran and Syria, their armies as about as impressive as Iraq's under Saddam Hussein (the word impotent comes to mind).

All wars are recourse wars but in this case chemical weapons were used. The question needed to e answered is why. Implied by the press is that no one is certain so essentially there is one way to find out

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
NO, That was simple

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
Thanks Everyone for responding thusfar:
Total Count of Polling After 6 pages:
ATTACK:

NO: 93

YES: 4

Non-Comm: 2

Total Count of Polling on page 7:
ATTACK:

NO: 16

YES: 1

Non-Comm: 0

Total Count of Polling After 7 pages:
ATTACK:

NO: 109

YES: 5

Non-Comm: 2

Thanks ALL for participating. I'll keep on tracking your input!!

As I mentioned earlier, a lot of news to be shared over the next two days will continue to make this thread relevant. So it will be very interesting to see if any of these upcoming News/Talk Shows on Monday (At Least 6) and the Address to the Nation on Tuesday will influence the overwhelming sentiment of "NO" The U.S. should NOT attack Syria.

Source

The interview, Assad's first with an American television network in nearly two years, is scheduled to air on "The Charlie Rose Show" on PBS Mondaythe same day President Barack Obama is scheduled to sit down with six different television networks, including PBS, to make his case to for a U.S. strike against Syria.

Source

Obama to address nation Tuesday on Syria

Thank you!!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This idea that Russia and the US should be at odds with each other is stupid. All it does is interfere with both countries ability to address their own internal problems.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
No.

Second line.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

Again, thank you all for your participation thusfar and considerate and thoughtful replies, comments and positions!!!

I'll return tomorrow and will update this ongoing poll, as mentioned previously, a lot of news to be announced over the next 48 hours........AS POSTED ABOVE ^^^^^^^ !!

Good Night!!!

edit on 9/8/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: [excessive /underline removed]

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No, unless they can show absolute proof it was Assad's government who used chemical weapons.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yes!
For this Thread!!

and i Yeal 99x NO!!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
no

absolutely not

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So the solution to people killing other people is to go in and kill more people...........not a hard choice here.

NO WAY IN HELL !

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My vote is .... NO

God help us ALL

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No. I don't want Obama's daughter to get raped...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

just like last time..

no.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
No

Second NO

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The question is, are the no's because: Obama is in office, Everyone here is a peacenik, or they think the rebels did it because of..whatever.

I would say the same thing I said about Iraq for the same reason
No
And for the same reason...it is not threatening our national security, nor have they attacked us or our allies. It therefore makes no sense.

And like Iraq, I imagine my desires will be completely ignored.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
No.We can't afford anymore imperial adventures despite what the fools in DC think.I'm sure The Figurehead will try to appeal to "our god given mission to spread democracy."That many people in this country like to believe we do when we go on an police action.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
No!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
NO!

Let your voices be heard by not listening to more lies:
• Turn off the TV
• Turn off the Internet
• Turn off your phone
• Spend time with family
• Thank a solider
• Meet your neighbors
• Spend one hour in making your world a better place!

Imagine waking up Wednesday, September 11, with news stories blazing about a virtual electronic blackout the night before. Imagine the release of rating data showing a virtual Tuesday night blackout of all things Obama. I would hope he would get the message that the American people don't have his back as were turn ours to him.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
No

Lies, lies, lies are all I'm hearing... or, at best, contradiction after contradiction.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Absolutely not. Even if there was proof of who did it, these kinds of things have been happening in the middle east for a long time. There is obvious proof that American intervention will not help.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join