It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Vote ATS'ers: Attack or Not To Attack Syria for Alleged Chemical Attacks on its Own Citizens?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Yes a puppet on a stage but with his own agenda, I see a man hellbent on the destruction of this great country and our constitution. If he is let go he will break this country with his health care and policys
Thanks Ed

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

ItDepends

Ok, and that has worked out how well? All I'm saying in regards to Int'l Community...I speak just for myself, is that I would like to see more countries become more vocal, state their positions and let it be known. Many more could be added including Japan, Australia, Turkey.....South Korea....I am just of the opinion that when Worldwide issues are being discussed, it would be better to be more inclusive rather than leaving it to a handful of countries. Just my opinion! Thanks!

Oh I agree 100%, as long as the "international community" that is going to step in and deal with this isnt the UN, then yes a globally inclusive force of PEACEKEEPERS independent of NATO can be formed and tasked solely with policing a ceasefire, while chemical weapons are retrieved, and diplomacy can resume. Forced diplomacy.

Note: As far as the U.N. 'veto' power, it doesn't or hasn't shown much power. Country's have gone and did exactly what they have wanted to do no matter what the U.N. says. (i.e. Iraq, Iran, U.S., Russia, No. Korea, etc.)
edit on 10-9-2013 by ItDepends because: added comment

The east and west are cock-blocking each other all the time with their vetos.

I think you are talking about UN resolutions?

Yes countries disregard those all the time.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Continued Tabulation of YOUR ATS Votes, Through PAGE 20 !!!

ItDepends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL COUNT THROUGH 19 PAGES AS OF 1:15pm e.s.t. U.S.
ATTACK:

NO: 284

YES: 14

Non-Comm: 13

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL COUNT OF PAGE 20 AS OF 2:30pm e.s.t. U.S.
ATTACK:

NO: 6

YES: 0

Non-Comm: 2

TOTAL COUNT THROUGH 20 PAGES AS OF 2:30pm e.s.t. U.S.
ATTACK:

NO: 290

Non-Comm: 15
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for participating and providing your thoughts and comments!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I vote nay. Unless there is a retaliatory strike and 99.9% of our completely inept, self serving politicians go down in flames. Start fresh, like we did in 1776. That's the only hope for this country.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
NO! Regardless of who did the attack until we have our own house in order and all our citizens are treated
fairly, Until the greed of the few no longer trumps the welfare of the masses, until we are all equal having equal access to healthcare, food, housing and protection from exploitation. Until we have the ability to choose
who we are, how we live, where we go, who we pray to without having some power hungry constable infringing on our choices and our ethnicity! We have a far way to go before we can start to preach to other nations!
All these wars are not about terrorists or atrocities but about keeping control of the resources and propping up the petro dollar. Any country that tried to go off the petro dollar has been either destroyed through sanctions, destabilization or invaded! This document shows how the media and government has used our fear of terrorism
to fund countless aggressions in the middle east > ftmdaily.com...
Here is an article about how Russia and China are trying to end the petrodollar and it looks as if they are doing a pretty good job > www.financialsense.com...

~If we on ATS can't see what is happening in the middle east then how can we expect the masses to realize the
truth about terrorism and 911?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No.
U.S. needs to mind their own business, and take care of there own problems.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
No!

Assad may not be a
, but it's better the
you know, rather than letting some bunch of extremist nut-jobs take over the country.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

No ..

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS ~~~ Ongoing Developments

UN Security Council Cancels Meeting on Syria

The U.N. Security Council has canceled a meeting on a resolution aimed at securing and destroying Syria's chemical weapons stockpiles.

The closed consultations had been scheduled for 4 p.m. EDT (2000 GMT) Tuesday. Australian Ambassador Gary Guinlan says in a Twitter message that the meeting was canceled "following withdrawal of the request for consultations."

Council diplomats said Russia asked for the meeting and then withdrew its request. There were no other details.

Link To Story

President Obama's Address to the Nation

Tonight at 9:00 PM ET, President Obama will address the nation from the East Room of the White House.

The President will be speaking about the United States' response to the Syrian regime's use of chemical weapons that killed more than 1,400 civilians — including more than 400 children.

You can watch the President's speech live on WhiteHouse.gov/Syria.

President Obama asked Senate Democrats on Tuesday to delay voting on authorizing military action in Syria while the diplomatic process works itself out, according to senators in the meeting. The president "asked for some time to work things out -- a matter of days into next week,"

Source
edit on 10-9-2013 by ItDepends because: added link

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How can you attack someone for something they are alleged to have done? Only answer is NO.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Did any countries besides our own step in during the Boston Bombing, or the Aurora incident, or Sandy Hook? Then why should we interfere in their affairs?

edit on 10-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Did any countries besides our own step in during the Boston Bombing, or the Aurora incident, or Sandy Hook? Then why should we interfere in their affairs?

None of those really constitute an all out civil war though do they?

Its like comparing apples to the works of Shakespeare.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Doesn't have to be civil war. We've stepped in for less. If SHTF here in the United States, who's going to save us? No one, because they're too busy kissing dirt at the feet of our overseas troops.

The point is, no one has done for us what we've done numerous times for others. It's time for us to back the hell off and let the countries grow up on their own.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

ItDepends
This is not a scientific poll by any means, but with the top news story around the world: Will the U.S. attack Syria?

Based on alleged Bashar al-Assad approved use of chemical attacks and the death of more than 1,400 civilians including at least 400 children, is a military strike warranted?

(Note: There does not seem to be any doubt that chemicals were used and did kill civilians and children, but did Assad approve this? Or was it by anti-Assad supporters trying to invoke Int'l involvement?)

^^^ Just things to consider!!

Just recently it was reported:

With public opinion and Congressional momentum against him, President Obama attempted to recalibrate expectations and redouble his sales effort for targeted military strikes, during a press conference Friday in Russia after a meeting of the G-20.

He made clear that his priority was winning support for strikes from a majority in Congress, even if a majority of the American people do not back the effort. “It’s conceivable that at the end of the day, I don’t persuade a majority of the American people that it’s the right thing to do. And then each member of Congress is gonna have to decide,” Obama said, noting that he was aware of recent polls showing broad opposition to strikes. “Ultimately, you listen to your constituents, but you’ve also got to make some decisions about what you believe is right for America.”

On Tuesday, Obama plans to take his case directly to the American people, with an address from the White House. “Our polling operations are pretty good, you know, I tend to have a pretty good sense of what current popular opinion is,” he said. “ For the American people who have been through over a decade of war now with enormous sacrifice—and blood and treasure—any hint of further military entanglements in the Middle East are going to be viewed with suspicion.”

Source

So ATS'ers, based upon what you know, read, heard, a chance for you to be counted:

1.) YES, the U.S.should strike Syria?

2. NO, the U.S. should not strike Syria?

I will try to keep track and post periodic poll results. Thanks for participating if you wish!!!
edit on 8-9-2013 by ItDepends because: Added source

edit on 8-9-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

Just so we are crystal clear and since your topic is posted on "hot" , what exactly is your opinion and your cerebral choice.

We do enjoy such topics on such forums/sites.

:-)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by OneManArmy

Doesn't have to be civil war. We've stepped in for less. If SHTF here in the United States, who's going to save us? No one, because they're too busy kissing dirt at the feet of our overseas troops.

The point is, no one has done for us what we've done numerous times for others. It's time for us to back the hell off and let the countries grow up on their own.

I think you may find that the British will back the USA if it needed our help. And Israel too.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

None of those incidents fall into a 'civil war' status. The Boston bombing was performed by jihadist converters and we (U.S.) were assisted by Russia in tracking down their movements leading up to the terrorist attack.

The Aurora and Sandy Hook events were horrible atrocities. But they were carried out by sick, deranged 'individuals' against poor unsuspecting people.

I honestly see no comparison between those actions.....with the Syrian Gov't killing more than 100,000 of its own citizens in the last 2 years since the Arab Spring began, and additionally over 2 million men, women and children on the move out of Syria as refugees in neighboring countries. What the Assad led government has done to its own people is an act of insanity and borders on genocide.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Manipulativebehavior

Just so we are crystal clear and since your topic is posted on "hot" , what exactly is your opinion and your cerebral choice.

We do enjoy such topics on such forums/sites.

:-)

How 'bout you?? This open to you for you to give "your opinion and your cerebral choice. "

Glad you are enjoying the thread. I have chosen to be a facilitator and to try and not influence the discussion in any direction, hence I've left it for the ATS'ers to share their thoughts and comments and votes. Been a terrific discussion so far. Hope you choose to participate.

Thanks!!

edit on 10-9-2013 by ItDepends because: added comment

edit on 10-9-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
War in any size, shape or form has always freaked me out... but in my best Doc Holiday voice, "Say when!"

The man is evil, so I vote my conscience - yes.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thank You All for Your Participation!!! It has been a great discussion and intelligent civil discourse!!

Continued Tabulation of YOUR ATS Votes, Through PAGE 21 !!!

ItDepends

TOTAL COUNT THROUGH 20 PAGES AS OF 2:30pm e.s.t. U.S.
ATTACK:

NO: 290

Non-Comm: 15

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL COUNT OF PAGE 21 AS OF 11:00pm e.s.t. U.S.
ATTACK:

NO: 6

YES: 1

Non-Comm: 1

TOTAL COUNT THROUGH 21 PAGES AS OF 11:00pm e.s.t. U.S.
ATTACK:

NO: 296

YES: 15

Non-Comm: 16
Thank you all for participating and providing your thoughts and comments!!!

edit on 10-9-2013 by ItDepends because: added additional participation and vote

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh ATS you give hope. Seems that the grand majority is still sane.

My vote: No.

I wonder if those who voted Yes are really convinced that this is the right solution.. I tried to hunt down the actual comments but it seems that people are either edited it or didn't really give a lot of information why.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join