It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Vote ATS'ers: Attack or Not To Attack Syria for Alleged Chemical Attacks on its Own Citizens?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No, never! War should be outlawed worldwide.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

NightFlight
War should be outlawed worldwide.

I agree with you....
But what does one do if someone starts a war? What are the consequences?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Timeout on the naughty step?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

no, but with the war machine propaganda in full bloom, does the opinion of the public matter.

wellcome to american culture.
first a drive by shooting
next show how democracy works by ignoring your citizens.

edit on 9-9-2013 by citizen6511 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Continued Tabulation of YOUR ATS Votes, PAGE 14 !!!

ItDepends

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL COUNT THROUGH 13 PAGES AS OF 11:45am e.s.t. U.S.

NO: 200

YES: 11

Non-Comm: 6
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL COUNT PAGE 14.

NO: 13

YES: 0

Non-Comm: 2

TOTAL COUNT THROUGH 14 PAGES AS OF 3:45am e.s.t. U.S.

NO: 213

YES: 11

Non-Comm: 8

Thanks ALL for your participation and thoughtful comments as well as a very civil discussion!!

edit on 9-9-2013 by ItDepends because: Still Learning New Format: Correction

edit on 9-9-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I vote no

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This is wrong on many levels. We were not attacked nor threatened by Syria. Our Constitution gives no justification to be "Global Peacekeepers." This is based on fabrications, lies, guilt-trips, need I go on? Disgusting.

NO.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Scorchio
The US should leave other countries alone.

In my opinion, U.S. Citizens DO want to leave other countries alone. Who, in a sense, make up our country (U.S.A). However, our U.S. Government, does not.

With that said, I think I speak for most of us when I say NO.

edit on 9-9-2013 by CandidoMendez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
As New Information Presents Itself I Will Continue To Share. Purpose: To Inform, I Remain Neutral In This Thread and Do Not Feel It Is Appropriate for Myself to Persuade One Way or The Other!!

Keep Up The Great Input!

BREAKING NEWS

Way Out For Syria?

Russia: Turn over control of arms
Syria "welcomes" Russia's proposal that it put its chemical weapons under international control, its foreign minister says. FULL STORY: CNN News Source

edit on 9-9-2013 by ItDepends because: Using New Features

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

NO ! As if our Government cares what WE think.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
No.

I'm pretty sure the world is sick of America trying to lead it now.

PS. New forum look - ewww! Horrible :/

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes- If they publicly release their intel, voice, email or other interception. As well as an eyewitness that saw the shell being loaded into the gun........or if Russia says they have and wants to join in....even better do it themselves.

No - Any other Circumstances

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I asked Luke what he thought. He barely let me finish the question.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
No way, we don't even got any solid evidence even if UN find something. But was later suppressed and not needed for publication.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i believe the pretty much said they are going in anyways

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Love the skywalker clip
There have been some other fun replies using the same medium....gotcha down as a 'No' !

Thank you for participating
ID

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just a reminder, as posted earlier....some quick links to news outlets, including those participating in direct interviews with President Obama and Charlie Rose's interview tonight at 9pm e.s.t. U.S. on PBS. I realize many of you have these bookmarked or elsewhere, but when on this thread, I just wanted to provide you ALL with a quick 'click' to find any latest developments.

ItDepends

Additionally, President Obama will speak to the nation on Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013 @ 9pm e.s.t. U.S.

Listed in no particular order: (I hope this is helpful)

CBS Evening News Link

FROM CBS NEWS
Syria "welcomes" proposal to give up chemical weapons
Assad: I'm no "butcher," I'm like a doctor who saves lives

CNN News Link

U.S. on Syria chemical attack: What's the evidence? ...."The administration is asking us to go to war on the basis of a four-page document and a 12-page document and none of the underlying evidence," Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Florida, complained on CNN's New Day Saturday.

ABC News Link

Obama Unleashes Public Relations Offensive
Obama offers interviews to all networks and plans Oval Office speech.

Fox News Link

A SEEMINGLY OFF-HAND COMMENT from Secretary of State John Kerry touches off a rapid-fire chain of events that threatens to undermine President Obama's appeal to the nation Tuesday night to back his plan for a military strike against Syria.
Assad issues US strike threat, warns he will take 'every action' if hit | US: 14 more nations join statement on Syria
Syria strike campaign sidelines immigration bill | Guide to Syria on Hill | Lawmakers, Russia push Syria alternative
PROGRAMMING ALERT: Watch Fox News' Chris Wallace interview President Obama on Special Report tonight at 6pm ET

Charlie Rose's PBS Link

PBS Inaugaration New Hour Debut with Gwen Ifill

Scheduled Interviews Above (sorry don't have times, did check POTUS schedule, not listed) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Other News Sites of Interest:

The New York Times

CRISIS IN SYRIA
Obama Calls Russia Offer on Syria Possible ‘Breakthrough’
By MICHAEL R. GORDON and STEVEN LEE MYERS 16 minutes ago
President Obama called a proposal by Russia to avert a military strike on Syria over chemical weapons use “a potentially positive development” but said he would continue to press for military action.

BBC World News Link

Give up weapons, Russia urges SyriaUN chemical weapons experts at one of the sites of an alleged chemical weapons attack in the Ain Tarma neighbourhood of Damascus, 29 August
Russia says it has asked Syria to put its chemical weapons under "international control" and have them destroyed to avoid US military strikes.

USA Today News Link

WASHINGTON — Opposition to U.S. airstrikes against Syria is surging, a USA TODAY/Pew Research Center Poll finds, despite a White House campaign to convince Americans it is the right course ahead.

By more than 2-1, 63%-28%, those surveyed Wednesday through Sunday say they are against U.S. military action against the Syrian regime for its reported use of chemical weapons against civilians. In the past week, support has declined by a percentage point and opposition has swelled by 15 points

RT - Russian T.V. News Link

Syria welcomes Russia’s offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control
Damascus welcomes Russia’s call to hand control over its chemical weapons to the international community, the Syrian Foreign Minister said responding to Sergey Lavrov's statement after the two met in the Russian capital.

Al Jazeera - English Link

Assad warns of 'repercussions' as Congress begins debate on Syria
Congress
CBS/Reuters
Syrian president says to 'expect everything' if US attacks as Obama continues push for air strikes; UN seeks alternative

edit on 9-9-2013 by ItDepends because: Added Source Comments Texg

edit on 9-9-2013 by ItDepends because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2013 by ItDepends because: Added Additional Source

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It seems there are phone-taps that Assad rejected the Idea of using chemical gas..

MUNICH — German intelligence findings indicate that Syrian President Bashar Assad might not have ordered an Aug. 21 chemical weapons attack but instead tried to block his military commanders from launching it, a German newspaper has reported.

The washington times

So No
edit on 9-9-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Syria poses no threat to the US. They have not invaded the US and they have no weapons that can reach us. They have done nothing to us.

This is a civil war. The US is not the world's police man or in this case a referee.

I vote no to any type of military action of any kind.

I vote no to black ops.

I vote no to picking a side.

I vote no to arming, funding or training to rebels.

It is not our business and we should stay out of it 100%.

Did I mention I vote no?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join