It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists ! Explain this and make sense at the same time.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks... I think! That's the most diplomatic way anyone's ever told me I'm full of $h/t! In all seriousness Randy, I rather enjoy our little tete a tetes. See times you ask or bring up something that makes me have to go back to the woodshed and check my notes so for that I'm appreciative. It keeps me on my toes. I have to disagree though that my education was a part of exiling god from my life. The church and religious dogma in general did that long ago. Maybe I should be jealous, you seem to have found your own myth factory and didn't have to pay a dime for it. I'm still paying mine off haha

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

peter vlar
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks... I think! That's the most diplomatic way anyone's ever told me I'm full of $h/t! In all seriousness Randy, I rather enjoy our little tete a tetes. See times you ask or bring up something that makes me have to go back to the woodshed and check my notes so for that I'm appreciative. It keeps me on my toes. I have to disagree though that my education was a part of exiling god from my life. The church and religious dogma in general did that long ago. Maybe I should be jealous, you seem to have found your own myth factory and didn't have to pay a dime for it. I'm still paying mine off haha

I suppose I could let things go at that, but I didn't mean to say
that you were exiling God from your life, via the education you received.
More so weather or not you had done that previously ? It's those responsible
for what you learned, who perpetuate the myth. I was merely showing you passage
or separation, from those of such wickedness, that you deny and in doing so, defend.
They're described and spoken of all thru Bible and are the biggest evidence I
know of, that could prove what I'm saying is true.

If I could just put one of them in a petri dish for you. I could end this whole debate
once and for all.
But I can't. And I will never be able to make you SEE as I SEE.
So you you will never understand the noble task and obligation I feel towards God
for giving me the sight to see the words he has made sure I was able to see and
understand. Because without that, let's put this way. I don't see how you do it.
I don't see how this world doesn't drive you right out of your G-D mind. Because the only
way I haven't lost mine. Is because of the words between the bindings, of the Living
Bible. But of course you even doubt my sanity so you aren't jealous of me at all.
So I will say that much was bullsh/t. I just don't see any argument with wise words
that have been so long written down.

edit on 15-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We may not agree on how it all began or on what lies ahead after this life, but you certainly have my respect for at least having the tenacity to stand up for your views and explain why you feel the way you do. It's much more than I usually get from people of faith. Or perhaps I should have said people of religious faith since the consensus seems to be that my views require more faith than yours. I would say though that I honestly do understand you're feelings towards god. Nor do I think you're insane, though I may have made an off the cuff comment of that nature and if so I genuinely didn't mean it literally. What you feel gives you comfort and there's something to be said about that. My comfort comes from research and study. In a way science is my higher power, I just do not see mine as completely infallible and I relish challenging doctrine and seeking answers. Admittedly religious doctrine seems to be my attack track recently but I've pissed off more than one prof. When I was in school by questioning them on items that seemed illogical to me. I've also fallen flat on my face after investing many many months compiling data only to be wrong in the end. Those are the moments that define us. You can give in or you can take the data, find where you went wrong and begin again or start from scratch with the new direction you've been pointed in. To me it's a win win scenario because I inevitably learn something new and that's the icing on the cake. See, I didn't just absorb information in school. I engaged in the entire process and did my own research. Lets be honest, I wouldn't be spending so much time on a conspiracy site if I were a schlep for the official party line!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Lets be honest, I wouldn't be spending so much time on a conspiracy site if I were a schlep for the official party line!

Honestly, I see both sides with 20/20 vision.
I don't like or enjoy making people look stupid for their views.
I always feel I'm defending when I do that. So it feels wrong on
so many levels because obviously, the God I believe in, surely doesn't
'need me to defend him. When my only hope at the end of it all. Is
that he will defend me. Any way the best to you and yours Peter.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

peter vlar

Itismenotyou

Barcs
^How did god reveal himself to you? Did he speak with you? Send you telepathic messages? Appear in your bedroom? Signs in nature? Usually when people say god revealed himself to them, they are speaking in metaphors based on interpretation of events and coincidences in life. Reading the bible and then "feeling" the word and believing it strongly is NOT empirical evidence of god. It's empirical evidence that you believe in god. It's cool if you believe that, but don't call it empirical evidence, because that only shows you either don't know what that means, or that you are not being honest.

I'm a bit confused about the OP post and title. How do the skulls go against evolution? Even if they are indeed alien skulls (which I'm pretty sure they were confirmed to be a result of a disease), why would it have anything to do with evolution? If aliens did indeed visit our planet in the past as I and many other suspect, it would only prove that in itself, not that evolution of life on earth is wrong. A more appropriate thread title may be "Nephilim skulls?" By throwing the E word in the title it only invites a creation vs evolution debate, and I'm honestly burned out from those.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

randyvs

Lets be honest, I wouldn't be spending so much time on a conspiracy site if I were a schlep for the official party line!

Honestly, I see both sides with 20/20 vision.
I don't like or enjoy making people look stupid for their views.
I always feel I'm defending when I do that. So it feels wrong on
so many levels because obviously, the God I believe in, surely doesn't
'need me to defend him. When my only hope at the end of it all. Is
that he will defend me. Any way the best to you and yours Peter.

Well put Randy. I never thought of it that way.

Edited to ask. What is a schlep?
edit on 15-9-2013 by Itismenotyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

are you serious?

you need to learn more about the basics of evolutionary theory if you cant understand why...

the fact remains that there have been several coelacanth fossils at different stages from the Cretaceous until today...if you cant accept that you are insane...and if your belief in god is resting on there always being a missing link then your god is a god of the gaps.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by robin22391

You seem to be very well informed on evolution. May I ask you some questions?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

why are you creationists obsessed with darwin...modern biology has added so much more to evolution so as to make it undeniably true...back then you could ge away with claiming it was false but now you are a fool to not agree. In the same way a huge amount of scientists were convinced the atom didnt exist until about 100 years ago...to deny the atom exists is ridiculously foolish.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Itismenotyou

yes of course, so long as your questions aren't gobbledegook such as...why cant information be added to a biological system?... or something.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

i could take him to my local zoology museum and show him a row of 20 skulls with gradual changes and he would still refuse it...saying something like yea but i want to see one kind transform into another...not realising that kinds dont exist and are a false religious description of wildlife.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

robin22391

yes of course, so long as your questions aren't gobbledegook such as...why cant information be added to a biological system?... or something.

No lol. No questions like that. My question is a rather big question though. What life form on this planet would you say is the pinnacle of evolution?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Itismenotyou

peter vlar

Itismenotyou

Barcs
^How did god reveal himself to you? Did he speak with you? Send you telepathic messages? Appear in your bedroom? Signs in nature? Usually when people say god revealed himself to them, they are speaking in metaphors based on interpretation of events and coincidences in life. Reading the bible and then "feeling" the word and believing it strongly is NOT empirical evidence of god. It's empirical evidence that you believe in god. It's cool if you believe that, but don't call it empirical evidence, because that only shows you either don't know what that means, or that you are not being honest.

I'm a bit confused about the OP post and title. How do the skulls go against evolution? Even if they are indeed alien skulls (which I'm pretty sure they were confirmed to be a result of a disease), why would it have anything to do with evolution? If aliens did indeed visit our planet in the past as I and many other suspect, it would only prove that in itself, not that evolution of life on earth is wrong. A more appropriate thread title may be "Nephilim skulls?" By throwing the E word in the title it only invites a creation vs evolution debate, and I'm honestly burned out from those.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

evolution has no pinnacle, evolution is blind. to tell you the truth evolution is not as good at its job as everyone thinks...i believe the day will come when we humans can design better living organisms than evolution can. i would like to say the human species is the pinnacle, but then i would be basing it on human traits such as being "smart" or "creative". but if you really think about it, a banana tree is pretty good at what it does...what about grass...or algae...or the humble house fly or pigeon. so as i say, there is no pinacle, we are all just atoms that have been organised like this due to the chemical and physical rules of this universe, no more or less important than a rock,we are star dust come to contemplate the stars.

of course the chaos of the universe is no code to live by, if we chose to live by its example the world would be cold and horrible, it is a great thing that we can decide our own morality based on discussion and reason.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

peter vlar
The NCBI isn't a media source.

I think most here know who the NCBI are...

My point was obvious.

You cited a dot gov link...

I see a SERIOUS credibility issue there.

My intention isn't to ridicule...

I am just puzzled as to WHY so many on ATS believe what the Government tells them.

History has demonstrated that they ALWAYS lie.

When I see posts such as these below, I have to ask myself, WHY do people believe KNOWN liars?

Originally posted by Secularist
I trust my government to do me good when it comes to national security.

Originally posted by Screwed
I for one love our Government and everyone who runs it. I believe they know what's best for me.

edit on 15-9-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

i would give ncbi 10/10 for credibility...if you have any evidence that they are 9/10 or less i suggest you bring it to our interest as i could then tell all my professors to stop using them for their genetic experiments.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

peter vlar

Itismenotyou

peter vlar

Itismenotyou

Barcs

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

And that's all fine and good. I don't doubt your experience. From my perspective, I've yet to experience anything of that nature and have seen no evidence to support the thesis. I am open to the possibility, I just don't see it as likely until he finds me or evidence presents itself. Experiencing god though is nowhere near the same as literally interpreting the guide book of Bronze Age shepherds and equating it with scientific corroboration as many people seem to. You can be a good person and live a life that is in line with Christ's teachings and not believe in god and the holy trinity. We should be judged for how we treat others not who we whisper to in dark moments of despair or how we view the legitimacy of our current scientific models.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

And ironically you close your post with a George Carlin meme, one of the most vocal atheists I've ever heard. Thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

robin22391

evolution has no pinnacle, evolution is blind. to tell you the truth evolution is not as good at its job as everyone thinks...i believe the day will come when we humans can design better living organisms than evolution can. i would like to say the human species is the pinnacle, but then i would be basing it on human traits such as being "smart" or "creative". but if you really think about it, a banana tree is pretty good at what it does...what about grass...or algae...or the humble house fly or pigeon. so as i say, there is no pinacle, we are all just atoms that have been organised like this due to the chemical and physical rules of this universe, no more or less important than a rock,we are star dust come to contemplate the stars.

of course the chaos of the universe is no code to live by, if we chose to live by its example the world would be cold and horrible, it is a great thing that we can decide our own morality based on discussion and reason.

Well by your admission that humans will one day create better living organisms than evolution, I am going to take that to mean that you think humans, and I have to agree with you, are the most advanced life form, given the readly available evidence that humans came up with the idea of evolution in the first place. I agree that all the other life forms do their pre-designed jobs very well, whether evolution or God did it.

Now you peaked my interest with your, we are all stardust sent to contemplate the stars, sentence. That was very deep. I suppose if we are all in this pot of stew we call reality, I am sure everything has some of the same ingredients. I agree with you.

You also touched on human traits, such as smart and creative. Creative for sure. I agree with you. It would seem that either, as your own admission a blind evolution, or my believe that a creative God, greatly separated humans from the rest of the life forms with this.

The Chaos of the universe. I like the way you put things. Is it really so chaotic though. I mean we have these black holes moving around gobbling up everything around them, but they do spew forth new matter. Kind of like a cosmic vacuum cleaner with the best hepa filter the universe can provide. Everything spinning in circular forms but never in the same place twice, ever. That does sound pretty chaotic. Yet we are here, living a structured life in it's midst. If the universe is so chaotic and we are truly made up of the stars then why do we need to be structured.

You finally mentioned morality. That poses a problem for me. How did evolution manage to give us a sense of morals? I do understand how people can think evolution got us here, at least to a point I understand it, but does evolution dictate our moral codes. Or does evolution give way to some power that lets us lay down our lives for our friends freely without concern for our own survival. That seems to be at odds with evolution in my humble opinion.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Itismenotyou because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join