It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Further information regarding plutonium relelase:

Dust particles contaminated with radioactive iodine and cesium were found in homes, soils, car filters, children shoes etc. more than 100 miles from the Fukushima site [Kaltofen]. High contamination of radioactive tellurium-129m8 was also found in big areas around the plant [The Mainichi Daily News, 2011a]. On October 12, 2011 a concentration of 195 Bq/kg of Strontium-90 was found in the sediment on the roof of an apartment building in Yokohama city, some 250 km south from the plant [The Mainichi Daily News, 2011b]. Plutonium fallouts were detected in all samples as the highest levels of Pu-239 and Pu-240 combined being 15 becquerels per square meters9 in Fukushima prefecture and 9.4 Bq in Ibaraki prefecture [JAIF, 2011c].
emphasis mine

Fukushima nuclear disaster - implications for Japanese agriculture and food chains

So it would seem that there has been Plutonium found further away from the site than would at first be imagined, from your source:

It is remarkable to note that distance alone is no sufficient factor to estimate the findings of refractory elements such as plutonium. Although the vegetation sample taken closest to the reactors (~0.9 km away) exhibited detectable amounts of reactor-plutonium, no other sample in close vicinity of the reactors (1.5, 1.9,… km away) did so. However, a plant sample as far as 16 km away in north-northwestern direction (G-V) is suspected to contain plutonium from Fukushima. If this observation was confirmed, it would indicate a very nonuniform distribution of plutonium, most probably in particulate form. This may also have health physical implications because the inhalation of such plutonium-rich particles may result in high local dose delivery to the lung tissue.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Very Interesting interview about Fukushima and Radiation from Trunews starts around 10:30 in. Talks about Tepco not just lying but actively sabatoging anti-nuclear efforts. Published on Nov 12, 2013

Charles Perrow, PhD and Emeritus Professor at Yale University, discusses his deep concern regarding the perilous decommissioning process recently undertaken at the ravaged

www.youtube.com...=2550

Really sad video about the melting starfish around Seattle - a blogger from the web page said she's seeing the same thing around Nanaimo off the British Columbia Coast - most people suspect it's Fukushima Radiation as I do...
vimeo.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

wishes

Do you have a reference for these claims in previous two posts?

And please explain what this has to do with the topic of radiation exposure to workers and what little benefits and pay they get for all their risk?

You gone from the Radiation Data to the Reuters Article, not me!

I just wanted to give you a bit of a insight View, Background, because it seams
like you didn't know much about the process of such gigantic Constructions Projects
(in Workload) in Countries like Japan, this is very normal but your Reaction is not,
if you don't like what i write just don't address me
because for me it is difficult to translate and it need Time!

I am, or better we should, not be surprised about such Stories like the Reuters Article
because it is normal and happen everywhere,
you can't provide the perfect safe Working Conditions in such gigantic Projects,
it is impossible!

By the Way the minimal Salary is afair 675 Japanese Yen,
which is nothing than Hot Air,
1.000 Yen is a normal Salary for Freeter (People who change their Contracts often)
ca. 1.500 Yen is normal for Working in hazardous Conditions!
edit on 3-12-2013 by Human0815 because: Grammar and info

edit on 3-12-2013 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Everyone who is interested about this Topic know that we find Plutonium
nearly everywhere since the nuclear Weapon Tests:

Since the atmospheric nuclear weapon tests of the 20th century, plutonium has become a ubiquitous element in the environment.

However, using the atomic ratio 240Pu/239Pu as an isotopic signature, it is possible to distinguish between the weapons' fallout (240Pu/239Pu ca. 0.18) and plutonium releases from a nuclear reactor (240Pu/239Pu ca. 0.4–0.6).

Due to the nuclides' very similar α-particle energies, radioanalytical methods can usually not be used to distinguish the isotopic ratios between 239Pu and 240Pu.

Source

Also i didn't said or even think that this Accident is a harmless one,
in fact there will be a lot of suffering "but" it is not the end of the World,
the end of our Oceans, the end of Japan and not the end of Hope!

PS: Kaltofen is again not a really neutral Person but i will read that Paper
mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de...
in my Holiday

Domo

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I simply asked if you had references for the statements made about Tepco's great safety records and what relevance all the other stuff had to Fukushima's workers work standards and compensation. It is most unfortunate culture stands in the way of resolution anytime, anywhere. Culture is no excuse for abusing workers or not having safety standards.

We all know people can die in a car accident on the way to work - we were talking specifically about workers getting more exposure than they know about and under compensated for risking their lives. What the culture is or isn't about is irrelevant in dealing with Fukushima. This isn't a private affair, it's a global catastrophe. The nuclear industry is international, not local. The sad part is when cultural customs and norms actually hinder progress in any form.

I absolutely believe there could be a LOT more done at Fukushima but the help is either NOT allowed by Japan and/or Tepco and/or the global nuclear industry. I don't believe Tepco's numbers and I don't believe the nuclear industry's numbers either. It's an annihilistic mess that's being swept under the carpet deliberately, or more accurately and appropriately dumped into the ocean deliberately.

I have zero optimism for the ocean and life as we know it because of Fukushima - it is just beginning. Time will reveal how many become ill from this because it takes time to show up. And I understand the workings of large corporations and unions and construction businesses EXTREMELY well. Their actions speak louder than any of their words ever do. There is no such thing as an honorable corporation, is an oxymoron.

There is no excuses for any cultural customs or norms that remotely interfere with dealing with something of this magnitude and obvious global impact. 'They' simply don't care that the planet is being passively nuked or 'they' would change their ways. They want everyone to smile and believe it will be just fine.

If I lived in Japan I would be screaming and at the front of every rally possible. If it happened anywhere near where I live I would do the same - but I don't live anywhere near any nuclear reactors, I just get the detriment of them in the air and rain and the curse of understanding the true nature (and intention) of the corporate beasts. The very LAST thing they have in mind is our best interest or that of the planet.

Is very, very disheartening to know so much and to be able to do so little...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

What would you do in the case of a triple Melt-Down in India, Bulgaria, the Ukraine/ Soviets
(remember they send in more than 500.000 Humans in to the fully exploded Plant
without any/ much protection and without even thinking twice)

Be happy that this Accident happen here and not somewhere else,
only Japan comes with the Resources to end this without "that much"
Human and Environmental Damage, there is no other Country,
hmmm maybe the Germans,
that is capable to solve this gigantic pile of Poooooooo!

The Japanese reached already the point behind of a Equilibrium.,
the Plant is more stable than unstable,
after the Tsunami there was nothing left and the end of Japan was
really close, Tokyo nearly gone- think about it!

Sumimasen o Kudasai for this kind of Offtopic.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My point is there is very little anyone can do but scream about it regardless of where it happened. I am not 'happy' it happened in Japan. For me personally India would have been much preferable because I'm not downwind and downstream from there like I am from Fukushima! But then it sucks for India and everything downwind from there - there is no upside to these! Somewhere on land would be preferable to on the water. There are so many downsides to Fukushima it's mind-boggling!

I am only a few hundred miles inland from the south coast of Canada - directly in it's wind path and we get LOTS of rainfall! We here in North America are getting bathed in radiation continually from Fukushima. The west coastline of north america is rife with stories of sick and dying sea animals and vegetation! Is it just coincidence that the current from Japan travels to Alaska then down the coastline and there's a pattern of sick animals and sea life showing up along that route? I think not. And it's only just begun and will not be stopping for decades?!? I can't even wrap my head around that one.

They are using the Pacific ocean as one big nuclear waste dump! They are irresponsible and completely incompetent and way over their heads and are slowly but surely killing the oceans and causing radiation rain outs! The ocean simply CANNOT "dilute" as everyone thinks radiation can be, it only disperses and once there's enough of it dispersion is irrelevant, there's enough radiation for every living thing to be affected. The ocean simply CANNOT sustain life with the amounts that are being washed into it and continuing to be washed in it for DECADES! It's complete insanity what the nuclear industry is doing!

I ABSOLUTELY BELIEVE there is more than can be done but isn't either because of intentionally wanting to destroy life or not caring about destroying life - either way they are intentionally not protecting life! This could ALL have been prevented but wasn't. There are people with expertise globally that could get together and actually make a difference - but they're not - either because Japan and/or Tepco and/or the nuclear industry is saying 'no'. That's my belief based on my decades of research understanding of how large corporations truly function. They are devious, they lie, they are completely evil in intention. Our life means nothing to them - to them we are vermin and an annoyance and just another source of energy to them.

I care very deeply about this planet and all life. There are multitudinous travesties occurring globally - Fukushima is the most recent and most devastating and most imminently threatening in my opinion. I still believe they should bury it in zeolite and dirt (not cement) and somehow, someway stop the leaks going into the ocean from below. I understand there's a major zeolite nearby but they are leaving it, leaving it, leaving it pretending removing the rods from #4 is a major coup when it's a drop in the bucket so to speak.

Time will really start telling its true devastation - I believe it's only downhill from here. Again, thank you everyone who has contributed and compiled such a great amount of documentation about this! Maybe some day all this info will make a difference - is more than worth the effort to document this - I'm sure 'they' don't like it

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

the Plant is more stable than unstable

Dear Human0815,
I think I understand, you must believe, "the Plant is more stable than unstable". Not out of blind faith or loyalty to the corporation, people or nation. But as the foundation to your and our survival. Positive thought has been shown to be very powerful.

This thread is a source for information, ideas and I must say hope for many. Hope that the truth can be exposed. Hope that enough people get the information in time. Hope that a critical mass of public opinion can ignite a world wide effective response. Soon!

I am developing this image of you as the last samurai, you alone against the world. And it bothers me, not least of all because I always pick the underdog. I feel you are isolated and alone. It doesn't have to be that way aren't we all on the same side? Don't we all wish for safety?

Can't you being local to it all, see the truth the facts the information and help us all help us ALL!

edit on 3-12-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Qmantoo - just a thought about your program that searches and lists - what about listing the main contributor's posts that we could go back to reference - like zworld, AirCooled, purplechive, Silverlok, TheRedNeck, and the other notables? Would that be a lot of effort for you to do or is it just a matter of a couple commands and voila?

What do you and others think about that idea?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This Is Precious!!

And the music so uplifting!!

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

mod note:

I added a link to this post to the OP.....

edit on Tue Dec 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Purplechive
This Is Precious!!

And the music so uplifting!!

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Yes... I feel so much safer... only 32-40 years to go

That equipment looks really impressive though - was wondering why there was so much blurred out...? If that were the only problem needing solving I would be cheering along with them... did you look at the starfish video? - is really sad...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This was posted by MariaLida from a starfish dying thread who keeps finding great stuff! Is a simulation video for Cesium 137 up to 2041.

Hidden gov’t forecast shows Fukushima contamination 5 years+

Hidden gov’t forecast shows Fukushima contamination spread throughout Northern Pacific Ocean in 5 years:China-Korea Cooperation on the Development of Ocean Monitoring and Prediction System of Radionuclides,
2013: In this study we are concerned with long-term oceanic-scale
dispersion of Cs 137 released from the Fukushima Daiichi NPP. [...] the
simulation is carried out up to 2041.

Read more at www.liveleak.com...
www.liveleak.com...

Japan Times: Now 400 tons a day of toxic water is estimated to be entering Pacific from Fukushima plant; 100 more tons per day than what Tepco had claimed — Asahi: Leakage of radioactive material “becoming serious”

enenews.com... had-claimed-asahi-leakage-radioactive-materials-is-becoming-s

400 tons a day, only 25% more than what Tepco has claimed.... go figure... wonder how that could have happened?
Yep, can always be assured Tepco is forthright with all the facts! (sarcasm)
edit on 3-12-2013 by wishes because: grammar

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Qmantoo - just a thought about your program that searches and lists - what about listing the main contributor's posts that we could go back to reference - like zworld, AirCooled, purplechive, Silverlok, TheRedNeck, and the other notables? ...
I don't know how we could preserve context in this case. Posts often refer to other posts by other people, so if those other posts are not shown, we would not know to what they were referring.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Fukushima Panic

But scientists at UC Berkeley's Department of Nuclear Engineering who have searched for signs of contamination say there is no legitimate scientific data to back up any of these concerns, and that radioactive levels in the Bay Area aren't worth worrying about.

"Nobody is exposed to any dangerous levels of anything," said Edward Morse, professor of nuclear engineering at UC Berkeley. "I haven't seen a single record of anything that would be of concern." At the UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Air Monitoring Station, researchers have also failed to detect radioactive isotopes from the Fukushima reactors in a diverse range of tests, including on local salmon, seaweed, milk, seawater, and more. Soy sauce made in Japan and purchased locally also did not reveal radioactive isotopes from Fukushima.

Morse has a series of responses he rattles off to those who ask him about Fukushima-related health risks. For example, if an individual were to regularly drink water from the outer harbor around Fukushima for a full year — putting aside the fact that humans do not drink salt water and would not be drinking from a source in the immediate vicinity of the plant — the radiation exposure would be equivalent to that of flying in an airplane for just a few hours, he said.

And while naysayers may respond that the comparison of an internal exposure to an external one is unfair, Morse has a follow-up: A single banana naturally contains higher rates of radioactivity than a roughly equivalent amount of that contaminated harbor water
-------
In a paper that was recently submitted to the Journal of Environmental Radioactivity and produced by a team at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, researchers found no evidence of radioactive fallout in fish purchased from markets in Oakland and Berkeley. However, they did detect low levels of cesium-137 in a few samples, which, according to UC Berkeley nuclear engineering professor Eric Norman, who worked on the report, "probably came from atmospheric nuclear weapons testing done in the 1950's – 1970's." A paper that his research group published soon after the Fukushima accident in 2011 found some fallout from the plant in the East Bay, but only at isotope levels that were "very low and pose no health risk to the public," the report stated.

Source

Egyptian Scientist Who Saved Japan and the Pacific

According to the UN, on daily basis, 2 million tons of sewage and industrial and agricultural waste are poured into the Earth’s water, and consequently, infectious waterborne diseases are the number one cause of death of children under five years old worldwide.
---
Statistics which were conducted during 2010 show that the number of people who die from unsafe and contaminated water annually is more than the number of deaths caused by various forms of violence, including war. Among the most common reasons for water pollution are sewage, acid rain, fertilizers and industrial or agricultural waste, and the oil industry.
--------
Statistically, it is proved to be the largest nuclear catastrophe since the Chernobyl disaster of 1986, releasing an estimated 10 to 30% of the radiation of the Chernobyl accident. It is estimated that 520 tons of radioactive water leaked into the Pacific Ocean, which in turn initiated a wave of huge negative effects on the marine life in the Earth's largest ocean and concurrently the quality of drinking water in many areas.
----
Among the most dangerous contaminators of drinking water is arsenic, which can reach drinking water through erosion of natural deposits and runoff from glass & electronics production wastes.

Arsenic is mostly used in paints, dyes, metals, drugs, soaps, and semi-conductors, and it can cause skin damage or molecular, biochemical and clinical disorders within the circulatory system, and increase the risk of getting cancer.

Interesting approach
edit on 4-12-2013 by Human0815 because: 2-1

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Just to get a imagination of the difference between Chernobyl and Japan!

Edit: Yes, i know that the Pacific Picture is a bit smaller but they wanted
to show a bit of the US

edit on 4-12-2013 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

For your better understanding:
Tepco, as well as the J-Government always said it could be
"between 100 and 600 Tones"
but they don't know for sure
because no one is able to say it with 100% Certainty!

Edit: PS: the Starfish Story belong to the "Skunk Work Corner"!

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Unit 1: What Changed?

The other day they stopped injecting nitrogen into the PCV (they had not been injecting nitrogen into Unit 2 or Unit 3 PCV for a very long time). Some temps went up right away and then leveled off. Before when stopped injecting nitrogen into the PCV the temps went up and stayed way up. So what suddenly changed?

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Human0815

Just to get a imagination of the difference between Chernobyl and Japan!

Edit: Yes, i know that the Pacific Picture is a bit smaller but they wanted
to show a bit of the US

I have seen these images before - I believe they are different images in time (neither screen shot indicates the time frames they are indicating) - meaning the Chernobyl is some days/weeks after the explosions spread in the air and the Fukushima image very close to the beginning and not indicating it's spread over the weeks, months, and now years throughout the Pacific with no indication of stopping for decades. Is like comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

2 Weeks for Chernobyl
3 Weeks for Fukushima
(see the Picture Source mentioned in the Pics)

When you look for the Data you would see that the release of Caesium-137
peaked very quick after the Tsunami and after this short Peak it
decreased very quickly.

of course both Plants do not return to Zero
but all Models suggest that Fukushima is much smaller than the Disaster
of Chernobyl where the whole Core exploded, expelled and finally burn
for Days with Temperatures that high that the Radioactivity reached
the higher Atmosphere very quickly while the Radioactivity from Daiichi
stayed relative low, but i see it is useless to discuss this Topic
with you because you do not accept the official Data,
as well you don't accept the Opinions from the Academical Society,
which is perfectly okay for me!

(Cherny-Boys Poo Vs. Daiichi's Poo)

Until now, Day 1.000 Fukushima released Gases and Traces only
(aka Software)
but in Chernobyl the whole loaded Core was 'kicked out' from the "Pot"!
(aka Hardware)

FYI: there are new Videos from me with amateurish collected Data here
in Tokyo in the Radiation Watch Thread,
incl. Data from Rain Gutter & Drain!
edit on 4-12-2013 by Human0815 because: Data

edit on 4-12-2013 by Human0815 because: more Data, nothing to hide

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join