It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Unit 1 Investigation

A lot pics to eyeball folks....

photo.tepco.co.jp...

JandC - excellent explanation of scientific notation for Wishes.

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

Didn't see this PVC pipe in any of the pics, diary

7,500,000 Bq/m3 of “Strontium-90″ was measured from groundwater. The sampling date was 9/11/2013. They haven’t announced it for 3 months.

diary story
maybe a bit too hot?

The location is in the seaside of reactor1. Tepco has been analyzing the groundwater around the reactor buildings. This November, Tepco confirmed reactor1 directly leaking the coolant water out of the vessel. (cf, Leaking part of reactor1 is made of “poly vinyl chloride” [URL])

We hear everything is OK? If this leak is ok?

The crippled sand cushion drain pipe is made of poly vinyl chloride, according to Tepco. In reactor1, 2 parts on the pipe are broken and leaking the coolant water. The pipe is situated on the bottom of reactor1. In the press conference of 11/15/2013, Tepco stated the part doesn’t need to be strong in the normal operation. They still inject 4.4 tonnes of coolant water into reactor1 per hour. The same volume of water is leaking out from those crippled pipes.

So a hundred or a thousand years from now scientist can write papers about the broken PVC pipe that killed millions? Today I need some of that it's OK kool-aid myself.
edit on 9-12-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

SF Chronicle: Fukushima radiation possible culprit in huge starfish die off from Mexico to Alaska — Potential catastrophe, it’s extremely virulent “going on up and down coast… It’s going to change what’s out there pretty fundamentally”

www.sfgate.com...

BBC: Work at Fukushima Unit 4 a “distraction”; The “real nightmare” is coming from 3 molten cores — NYTimes: Melted fuel is “all over the place… First goal is simply to stop uncontrolled releases of radioactive material” (AUDIO)

enenews.com... irst-goal-is-simply-to-stop-uncontrolled-releases

Report reveals highest level of radioactive xenon-133 to hit Canada after Fukushima over 6,000% more than gov’t website claims

enenews.com...

Study on IAEA website: Core meltdown risk now around 1,000% higher because of Fukushima — Engineer: Nuclear disaster “a certainty” over next 30 years in Europe

enenews.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity (sorry if i'm totally late to the game here) but this just popped up. There's a lot of reports circling the globe for the last year pertaining to underwater detonations, aquatic bombs being tested...blah blah blah. NOW, for the most part, unless this is substantiated, i think it has to be written off that the US Navy is conducting such excercises, however it does seem that in many cases it has happened, test, or otherwise. We have a ton of R/D projects a foot at any given time so i seriously wouldnt be suprised.....

...BUT! Everyone, ATS and otherwise, has wondered about all the animals deaths and i personnally havent seen any atopsy or cause of death pertaining to radiation, etc, but i'm not saying i dont necessarily believe this or otherwise, because let's face it, Japan's a radioactive sinking ship that BETTER produce Godzilla or im gunna be p*ssed---- anyway. Sudden Changes in pressure cause animal deaths. Such as erruptions, explosions, etc.

What if all the deaths are related to deep sea detonations? Earthquake links? There could be a tie in there. Not to get into the major conspiracies behined the Daichi, the earthquake, and all that...but, seems like deep sea detonations are a product currently being served via the Naval dinner plate.

Thoughts?

*Earth's going to b*tch slap us at some point.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynx1102

Good question - there's so many destructive things going on it's all but impossible to sort out causes of death anymore. What's a military to do with trillions upon trillion of dollars to create things that destroy and spy if not 'use' them... between that and energy industries that are exempt from rules and regulations and repercussions....

It's possible the star fish die off are from things brought up from detonations - but if it was just detonation they would only be dying in a radius and not for thousands of miles of coastline... Yeah, no autopsies - seems they test them for everything 'except' radiation and wouldn't tell us if it showed up anyway.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
From Harvey Wasserman - He has an MA from the University of Chicago and a BA from the University of Michigan, both in history, and has authored or co-written a dozen books. Howard Zinn, Dr. Benjamin Spock, Marianne Williamson, Studs Terkel, Kurt Vonnegut, Bonnie Raitt, Dennis Kucinich and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., are among those who have introduced or endorsed his books.

Fukushima continues to spew out radiation. The quantities seem to be rising, as do the impacts. The site has been infiltrated by organized crime. There are horrifying signs of ecological disaster in the Pacific and human health impacts in the U.S.... Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been leading Japan in an increasingly militaristic direction. Tensions have increased with China. Massive demonstrations have been renounced with talk of “treason.” ... But Tepco has clamped down on media coverage and complains about news helicopters filming the fuel rod removal. By all accounts, whatever clean-up is possible will span decades.

The town of Fairfax, CA, has now called for a global takeover at Fukushima. More than 150,000 signees have asked the UN for such intervention. Thousands of tons of radioactive water now sit in leaky tanks built by temporary workers who warn of their shoddy construction. They are sure to collapse with a strong earthquake. Tepco says it may just dump the excess water into the Pacific anyway. Nuclear expert Arjun Makhijani has advocated the water be stored in supertankers until it can be treated, but the suggestion has been ignored.

Hundreds of tons of water also flow daily from the mountains through the contaminated site and into the Pacific. Nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen long ago asked Tepco to dig a trench filled with absorbents to divert that flow. But he was told that would cost too much money.

ecowatch.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

Agreed! however, melty starfishes excluded, the whale deaths, dolphins, etc...and btw, when the heck is someone going to actually step in and do something about it? There's a lot of talk but even less action. Its no mystery that a ton of radioactive material is seeping into the ocean, killing everything for thousands of miles. Im in california and i'm not looking forward to the arrival of all that sludge and ruin that will hit us at some point.

Just a theory. Seems the world is too "false flag" oriented these days anyway...EVERYTHING can be called false flag, but no one ever knows until it actually happens. I cant say i'm on board with the false flag idea...ive even heard comments of the detonation / earthquake being planned-staged, israel actually being involved because of catching japan sending depleted uranium to iran...WHO KNOWS, however, it does make sense why we're all not wanting to be very friendly or helpful to them.

Mother nature, more likely. But then theres the whole lack of resolve....that's the biggest whistle blower to me. Lack of resolve.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Purplechive
Unit 1 Investigation

A lot pics to eyeball folks....

photo.tepco.co.jp...

JandC - excellent explanation of scientific notation for Wishes.

- Purple Chive

They added a 7 minute video.

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Purplechive
25 Sieverts....Death in 20 Minutes

Go to link to see pic and video....

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Highest radiation levels measured outside reactor

Tokyo Electric Power Company says radiation levels are extremely high in an area near a ventilation pipe at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

TEPCO found radiation of 25 sieverts an hour on a duct, which connects reactor buildings and the 120-meter-tall ventilation pipe.

The estimated radiation level is the highest ever detected outside reactor buildings. People exposed to this level of radiation would die within 20 minutes.

The exhaust pipe in question was used to release radioactive gases following the outbreak of the accident 2 years ago.

TEPCO says radioactive substances could remain inside the pipes.
Dec. 6, 2013 - Updated 21:13 UTC

- Purple Chive

Details of how they took the measurements:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Purplechive

Purplechive
25 Sieverts....Death in 20 Minutes

Go to link to see pic and video....

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Highest radiation levels measured outside reactor

Tokyo Electric Power Company says radiation levels are extremely high in an area near a ventilation pipe at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

TEPCO found radiation of 25 sieverts an hour on a duct, which connects reactor buildings and the 120-meter-tall ventilation pipe.

The estimated radiation level is the highest ever detected outside reactor buildings. People exposed to this level of radiation would die within 20 minutes.

The exhaust pipe in question was used to release radioactive gases following the outbreak of the accident 2 years ago.

TEPCO says radioactive substances could remain inside the pipes.
Dec. 6, 2013 - Updated 21:13 UTC

- Purple Chive

Details of how they took the measurements:

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Please take a good look at the foliage...they state these pics were taken November 22nd....and a tremendous cold spell had already hit the area that should have wiped out anything that had leaves or green foliage.

photo.tepco.co.jp...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 13-12-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Thank you (again) for the updates! We need someone familiar with foliage over there to weigh in - the climate I live in can get a frost and it would kill some plants and others would sort of 'stay' but may turn color or fall over easy if stepped on. Of course it would be most revealing to actually 'test' the plants for radiation which is never gonna happen (at least that we know of).

Does anyone 'out there' have any ideas or suggestions about these?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
To be honest, they look as if they are taken in summer almost or late summer anyway.

However, if I remember my Geography and Science correctly from many moons ago, islands are not subject to the same kind of cold that inland areas are subjected to due to being surrounded by water. Here though, we get down to -10C to -12 in the winter and there are no leaves on the deciduous trees and the grass turns brown but then we are inland on a massive landmass. Currently it is about -5 at night and we already have no leaves and brown grass.

Looking it up, the weather at the moment in Tokyo is 3/4/5C minimum at nights so not that bad at all. So it is possible after only a few frosts that this could be the state of the vegetation perhaps.

If anyone has stored webcam images from the old webcam where it was over by reactor #1 then as long as we have the date it was captured, we can see what the vegitation is like in winter.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Unit 3: No Water Spray on Core Since December 9

This is interesting....

On December 9th they stopped all water injection on Unit 3 core:

www.tepco.co.jp...

They had been dumping 3.3 cubic meters per hour on the core...

www.tepco.co.jp...

No temperature changes noted whatsoever:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Here's a diagram of how the core spray is set up:

www.tepco.co.jp...

It's official....the corium has left the building...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

That should be interesting when it hits the water table.

P

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Purplechive

This is interesting....

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Damn, I hate it when we are right.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

When will the flushing of unit one stop?
Isn't that what they are doing flushing out anything that will move and dispersing it into the Pacific?
Rinse and repeat.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

here is am interesting fact:
Radiation gives off positrons. ( a processes so precise it i9s necessary for MRI )

by measuring the the radio frequency and gamma emission response they have known the exact size and shape of the disaster since day one.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

matadoor

Purplechive

This is interesting....

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Damn, I hate it when we are right.

Yes, I totally agree - I wish everyone was wrong too, but I knew from the beginning most everyone here was totally on point the entire way... an amazing collaboration of digging and contributing and putting together the pieces that were never forthcoming from 'them'... !

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

[Possible new leakage] All β nuclide increasing outside of the port / Zero announcement from Tepco
Iori Mochizuki Fukushima Diary

There is so much information that we need. Information that could save lives and suffering. I try to get these Tepco reports he quotes and uses; if I do find them then getting a translation is hard. Many of them google will say are too big.
Wish there was a international clearing house of Tepco reports. Think I wish there was news coverage. I remember war coverage that gave daily reports, doesn't this warrant the same concern?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I thought a while back a member called "prettybear" offered to translate Japanese? Perhaps could send a private message to ask? Also - what if smaller portions of the Japanese report was fed through google translater - do you think that 'might' help accuracy?

Interesting, a friend just mentioned to me yesterday "Remember how correspondents used to get into the front lines of war and give play by play reports? That just doesn't happen anymore, just like Fukushima - is silence everywhere about it."

The only people making any noise about it are us peons... like Silverlok said, they knew from day 1 what was occurring. They simply don't care what it's doing to us or wildlife - I could speculate far deeper as to 'why' that is but that's an entirely different topic....

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join