It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rep wrote me back: He DID listen; And, 20 Need-To-Knows re Syrian Rebels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Only 2 and a half more years if your citizenship allows it. Recall your government for misuse of powers etc, impeach the fkg POTUS (lol, I always thought POS was better for Obama Bin Laden). There is powers within your own constitution to prevent stuff like this, clever people of the US...USE IT, MAKE IT PUBLIC to protect you from untimely accidents.

Wish you and the world the very best, because we are on the verge on annihilation right now...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Maybe the pen IS mightier than the sword...?!

Wouldn't THAT be something eh?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It seems Obama is getting a lot of undo credit for a metaphorical chess game that has been played using military interests and covert economic hit men with an unchanged strategic aim for decades. That clearly suggests a single mastermind or at least shared goal throughout the terms of several presidents, one of which was the paragon of a powerless figure-head, and when we wanted the furthest thing from W. here comes a guy whose speech I heard at the 2004 d.n.c., before which his name would have poled as the least known and most terrifying in the democratic party. But that speech was clearly his shot at applying for his dream job and he knew it, so he was well prepared to take that office. He is not dumb, he could be many much more sinister things that require a phenomenal amount of comprehensive understanding of people in nearly every aspect.Yet some other poor guy has to position military bases around key strategic regions, and whoever that guy is, he is in dead last in the real game of life Obama is a symbolic performance artist who is aware of his powerlessness and wants to be the face these old white good ole boys see last before they die. Maybe he is mentally unstable but if I were him I would be pissed off for good reasons. Next lets elect a Japanese-American guy they are smart, and i am sure she/he holds nothing against us.

edit on 8-9-2013 by andrewadkison because: I was trying to quote a post for the first time and failed suprisingly badly.

edit on 8-9-2013 by andrewadkison because: I messed up.

edit on 8-9-2013 by andrewadkison because: gender bias fixed

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have a question, since I can't find it anywhere. Is there a set date when the congress will vote?
I now it should be next week, but I have no exact date.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
They come back to work tomorrow (mustn't rush them, you know
), and the debate begins. I don't know when the actual vote would be.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
(mustn't rush them, you know
),

yes, same in Germany. The world can go down, but they need their holidays....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
At this point I know what I think and what I'd vote, so I feel anti-climactic. I think this should go to the UN, NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS. That's how I feel and that's how I'd vote.

Right now I'm just waiting to see what congress will say and what Obama will do.

If this goes to the UN, do not be surprised if we intervene anyway. The US has tremendous weight at the UN and if it makes a persuasive argument and compromises some, it can get something going.

Remember, these countries support intervention, so far, I believe:
1) Canada
2) US
3) France
4) Australia

Maybe a couple others.

But there's at least an equal number if not many more that oppose intervention. However, with more deliberation and work I believe more agreement can be reached. And teh wildcard is Assad. If he keeps on doing what he's doing and there're more atrocities, it'll be easier to get the UN to act.

What am I supposed to say? This is my decision. I am not on the fence. We should NOT act unilaterally. I don't care how good our evidence is. If it's that good it should GO TO THE UN. I do not want excuses from our leaders. Don't tell me how dysfunctional the UN is! I want to see you fix it if it's dysfunctional!!!

Fixing the UN might be what prevents world war 3, for all we know! So FIX IT! NO EXCUSES!
edit on 8-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Dear OP
Thank you so much for this. It is nice to see first hand a balanced opinion of what is happening.
Limbo

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here is the reply from my Senator, just received a moment ago:

Dear wildtimes:

Given the complexity of the situation in Syria and the uncertainty of what the groups fighting in Syria stand for, the consequences of any American intervention must be carefully considered before taking action. Thank you for sharing with me your opposition to U.S. involvement in Syria.

I am deeply concerned about what is happening in Syria as Syrian President Bashar al-Assad continues to massacre his own people. I deplore the use of chemical weapons—especially on innocent civilians, including women and children. However, I oppose U.S. military intervention in Syria. America's military leaders and other experts have stated that intervening in Syria would be very difficult and the President has not articulated why intervention is in America's national interest, nor what the goal of such an attack would be. I believe that unless it is a defensive action, President Obama must consult with and seek the approval of Congress before committing American forces to any action in Syria. I will be sure to remember your thoughts as this situation continues to unfold.

Reuters this morning made an article about support WANING -
(warning: I don't know why, but when I tried to get back to the article, I get a 400 Bad Request error showing a string of some hundreds of characters - is Reuters being hacked?) Anyway, here is what is visible on their front page:

Politics News
ADD TO MY WIRE
Related Topics: U.S.LATEST UPDATES
Photo
Analysis: Obama growing isolated on Syria as support wanes
8:37am EDT
WASHINGTON - White House efforts to convince the U.S. Congress to back military action against Syria are not only failing, they seem to be stiffening the opposition.

Can any of you post a clean link? Reuters.com/politics is the source

edit on 9-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Thanks, but, I still get the 400 Bad Request.

Maybe it's just Chrome, I don't know. First time I've seen that happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Analysis: Obama growing isolated
on Syria as support wanes Mon, Sep 09 08:37 AM EDT
By Fred Barbash WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House
efforts to convince the U.S. Congress
to back military action against Syria
are not only failing, they seem to be
stiffening the opposition. That was the assessment on Sunday,
not of an opponent but of an early
and ardent Republican supporter of
Obama's plan for attacking Syria, the
influential Republican chairman of the
House intelligence committee, Mike Rogers. Rogers told CBS's "Face the Nation"
the White House had made a
"confusing mess" of the Syria issue.
Now, he said, "I'm skeptical myself." Congress will be in session on
Monday for the first time since the
August recess. Debate on Syria could
begin in the full Senate this week,
with voting as early as Wednesday.
The House of Representatives could take up the issue later this week or
next. Obama is expected to spend the next
several days in personal meetings
with members. Some Democratic opponents of a
military strike, meanwhile, were
looking for a way to spare Obama's
administration the effects of a "no"
vote. Representative Jim McGovern of
Massachusetts suggested that the
president withdraw his request
before it is defeated, saying on CNN's
"State of the Union" that there was
insufficient support for it in Congress. There are no signs that Obama is
considering that, but speculation
about the possibility that the
administration might delay a vote
surfaced on Sunday when Secretary
of State John Kerry, speaking in Paris after meeting Arab foreign ministers,
did not rule out returning to the
United Nations Security Council to
secure a Syria resolution. A U.S. official who asked not to be
named later squelched that
speculation: "We have always
supported working through the U.N.
but have been clear there is not a
path forward there." Obama is scheduled to address the
American public on television on
Tuesday, but even his political allies
fear that his acknowledged power as
an orator will be tested, given that
polls show a majority of Americans opposed to his plan for military
action. White House Chief of Staff Denis
McDonough suggested that the
speech will repeat points Obama has
already made several times. "What he'll tell the country is what this
is, which is a targeted, limited,
consequential" use of military force,
McDonough said during a round of
appearances on Sunday TV shows. "He'll also tell the country what this is
not. This is not Iraq. This is not
Afghanistan. This is not an extended
air campaign like Libya." 'FLOOD THE ZONE' IS NOT WORKING Most opponents of the proposed U.S.
military strike do not contest the
administration's view that the Syrian
government gassed its own people
on August 21. Their expressed
concerns focus instead on the effectiveness and potential
unintended consequences of a U.S.
military response. Only about a quarter of the Senate's
100 members and fewer than 25
members of the 435-seat House have
been willing to go on record in
support of Obama's request,
according to a tally by the Washington Post. Seventeen senators
and 111 House members are on
record against. Leaders of both parties have
characterized Syria as a "conscience
vote," not subject to the usual
pressure for party discipline. House
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, for
example, has not made a personal pitch for votes in any of the five "Dear
Colleague" letters she has sent her
fellow Democrats. The White House plans to step up
what it has called a "flood the zone"
lobbying effort this week, with
briefings on Capitol Hill by Secretary of
State John Kerry and Defense
Secretary Chuck Hagel. The influential American Israel Public
Affairs Committee will deploy
hundreds of activists to lobby
Congress in support of Obama's plan.
However, similarly intense lobbying
by the White House last week proved unsuccessful. Rogers, among others, faults Obama
for not starting months ago to build
congressional and public support on
Syria. "They don't have strong relationships
in Congress today - that's a huge
problem for them," said Rogers. "I
think it's very clear he's lost support
in the last week." As for the lack of public support,
Rogers added: "You have a reluctant
commander in chief, first of all, who's
trying to come to the American
people and say, 'I'm going to do
something, but I'm not going to do a lot.' They're not sure exactly what
we're trying to do." Another Republican supporter,
Illinois Representative Adam
Kinzinger, said on ABC's "This Week"
that he had "reached out to the White
House and said, 'hey we support the
strike on Syria, we're going to help you round up support if you need it.'
I haven't heard back from the White
House yet."

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Thanks,
You should put it in a blue extext box, though.

And add some paragraphing, for easier reading.

Thanks again for getting the article posted.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

i just read yesterday....
the Saudo government released more than 1,200 Death Row Inmates if they agreed to fight in Syria against the Syrians (thats not too reassuring is it)

the supposed agreements are that the death row inmates would have a degree of freedom but must fight Assada Forces and they will receive a regular paycheck as long as the conflict goes on and they will be given a pardon from the death sentence at the end of the action..

i think that these death-row soldiers are in some sort of organized group(s) be it companies or battalions within a larger organized force... which flies-in-the-face of thread speculations that the FSA is leaderless and just a mob of fighters.

the AQ or al Nusra or even the Muslim Brotherhood are leadership-- but not as 5 tar generals or other western military command structures.

i suppose that there is a humanitarian and a type of Geneva Convention rule about the insertion of these death-row inmates as ordinary soldiers...Where's Kerry and 0bama in this unorthodox use of volunteers under penalty of death by the Saudi monarchy
i have a sound notion that units of these men are to be used to make villages an example of just how inhuman the rebels can be--- so desist & surrender before we even get to your town or village ---talk about genocides

i also heard that the CIA has finally put a unit of their own AQ types on the ground in Syria....
i suspect that many more ears & fingers are gonna be reported cut off of Syrians in the future... that kind of activity was just developing in the early years of SE Asia (early 1960s) when MAG individuals (special assignment) soldiers were sent to the jungles in a covert type of way

there are (intentionally) too many moving parts to this Syria action to be able to focus our attention upon for stopping the inevitable war scene

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yeah, that is some scary stuff, St Udio...

also, all those "prison breaks" seem to coincide with this mess. I wonder if those "prison breaks" were actually "prison releases" reported as 'breaks'.....

TOO MANY terrorists on the ground.

Awful

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Until your own countries War Crimes and crimes against humanity have been dealt with, then and only then, can the US stand up and point the finger at someone else. Do you not see how disgustingly hypocritical it is of the US to cry for these innocent people?...the US has sold, sanctioned and used chemical weapons. No outcry from the American people when Saddam Hussein's Gov used chemical weapons which were SOLD to them by the US. Agent Orange, Depleted Uranium, Nuclear Weapons have all been used by the US....repeatedly.

Besides, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by bombing Syria...it will not stop chemical weapons from being used, and it will not save civilians...quite the opposite, it will put them further in harms way. So why would you support such a thing?

What gives the US the RIGHT to attack another country considering it's own DISMAL record on WMD's?

I also would like to point out that under International Law, no matter what Obama says, it would be ILLEGAL to attack Syria. Whether Congress gives Obama a go or not, it will still be illegal.

I have had quite enough of American hypocrisy and lies and lawlessness. Until you get your own house in order....don't tell others what they should do. The USA is a whisper away from being a totalitarian police state.....I'd focus my energy on that and let Syria take care of itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm more concerned about the terrorists in the Whitehouse. Washington has been taken over by financial terrorists on Wall St. and their corporate partners. Right now these terrorists at ther helm of the US Government are a greater threat to world peace than any other nation....thats a far bigger problem IMHO.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

St Udio

i just read yesterday....
the Saudo government released more than 1,200 Death Row Inmates if they agreed to fight in Syria against the Syrians (thats not too reassuring is it)

the supposed agreements are that the death row inmates would have a degree of freedom but must fight Assada Forces and they will receive a regular paycheck as long as the conflict goes on and they will be given a pardon from the death sentence at the end of the action..

i think that these death-row soldiers are in some sort of organized group(s) be it companies or battalions within a larger organized force... which flies-in-the-face of thread speculations that the FSA is leaderless and just a mob of fighters.

the AQ or al Nusra or even the Muslim Brotherhood are leadership-- but not as 5 tar generals or other western military command structures.

i suppose that there is a humanitarian and a type of Geneva Convention rule about the insertion of these death-row inmates as ordinary soldiers...Where's Kerry and 0bama in this unorthodox use of volunteers under penalty of death by the Saudi monarchy
i have a sound notion that units of these men are to be used to make villages an example of just how inhuman the rebels can be--- so desist & surrender before we even get to your town or village ---talk about genocides

i also heard that the CIA has finally put a unit of their own AQ types on the ground in Syria....
i suspect that many more ears & fingers are gonna be reported cut off of Syrians in the future... that kind of activity was just developing in the early years of SE Asia (early 1960s) when MAG individuals (special assignment) soldiers were sent to the jungles in a covert type of way

there are (intentionally) too many moving parts to this Syria action to be able to focus our attention upon for stopping the inevitable war scene

well this was quisk...
the
MSM has posted a follow up article on the 1,200 + murderers/non-repentent killers from the Saudi regime

this article cites a Nun in Syria for 20 years (as her mission) and the barbarians that the Saudi & Americans (hey Barry 0bama) have espressly placed there in Syria

see this profane report of inhuman treatment by the ''good guys'' that are liberating the Syrians from Assad

link: investmentwatchblog.com...

Title: Precious Little Girl Dismembered While She Is Still Alive By Obama’s Psychotic Syrian Rebels
September 9th, 2013

this clown/imposter needs to gets dumped in the ash heap of civilizations' history...tomorrow ain't soon enough for him and the Saudi stinling Royals to be judgede by the world

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

There is no issue of American national security at hand. Neither the United States nor its allies have been attacked or threatened.

what do you think he will say after the false flag?
it's all a publicity stunt. as a matter of fact, it's clearly pointing out what HAS TO happen in order for them to support said strike.

and it will.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Honestly, I think the diplomatic effort to seize their CWs is a good idea - if only the U.N. can FIND them.

I don't know why anybody has those m-fers anyway! OR nuclear bombs. It's sickening, barbaric, and violent - but that's humans for you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join