It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rep wrote me back: He DID listen; And, 20 Need-To-Knows re Syrian Rebels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I am so glad you took the time to write your representatives and got such a quick response. I think I will call and also email everyone of the representatives in my state of Mississippi.

They last time I emailed and called all of them on another issue was 6 years ago and never heard back from any of them. I asked them to request that our state would reclaim their statehood (whatever the correct terminology for that may be). I had heard that a few states had done this. They wanted their states to be controlled by state policy without all the federal intervention. Just think how cool that would be if all states did this and got it passed.

No more fed this and fed that....good Lord, look at all the tax money to be saved and each state would survive on it's own state tax. Wow...maybe all the soup agencies would go bye bye. Oh what joy that would be! Maybe someday soon.......sigh

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The worst part about the presidency at it's current state:

We have TWO AND A HALF MORE years of this. Brace yourselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
No matter how this ends up ,i feel this is the end of his presidency, I really do
Supporters are fleeing like mice from a sinking ship
edit on 7-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

My biggest concern in this whole - 'If you bomb us' - 'we'll bomb them' thing, is the actual focus is being
deflected.

Who is caring about the poor people cowering in Syria. They do not know what to fear next !

This is the duty of care that the U.N. has been entrusted with. Yet a simple wave of the hand of veto -
stops the world police from policing ...

Who is saving the innocents ? Sure as eggs, I would not wish to be a citizen of Syria !!

At least the US appears to be the only nation with their eye on the humanitarian ball.
( forget the peripheral - what's in it for us brigade )

Can this be sorted through diplomacy ?

Your thoughts as to a solution ? ( not - oh not my problem thoughts )

Ed: not directed at you Wildtimes, but to the fellow ATS'ers who are very good at collective thinking.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigburgh
Yes thank you.

I'm seeing a lot of replies to the people from representatives here on this site. But will it be enough?
edit on 6-9-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

The replies of the UK voters appeared to be enough so you guys in the USA GOTTA stand up and let your representatives hear you.

Listen from 30 secs onwards.

edit on 7/9/2013 by ukredstar because: editing link

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

3hrs.! You obviously have more clout than you realised !

Keep fighting the good fight !!

( with updates please )

edit on 6-9-2013 by Timely because: 1 extra word culled ...
Ummm...The "clout" would be that your representative's office...monitors ATS...feeling for the "pulse" of the electorate

YouSir

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

My biggest concern in this whole - 'If you bomb us' - 'we'll bomb them' thing, is the actual focus is being
deflected.

Who is caring about the poor people cowering in Syria. They do not know what to fear next !

This is the duty of care that the U.N. has been entrusted with. Yet a simple wave of the hand of veto -
stops the world police from policing ...

Who is saving the innocents ? Sure as eggs, I would not wish to be a citizen of Syria !!

At least the US appears to be the only nation with their eye on the humanitarian ball.
( forget the peripheral - what's in it for us brigade )

Can this be sorted through diplomacy ?

Your thoughts as to a solution ? ( not - oh not my problem thoughts )

Ed: not directed at you Wildtimes, but to the fellow ATS'ers who are very good at collective thinking.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)
Ummm...perhaps one shouldn't so soon forget...Libya...Or Egypt...I think our proverbial hands are all over those particular...uprisings...

It's not so difficult to see the "stir the anthill", foment unrest, strategy coupled with riding in as that great shining humanitarian institution on a hill".............all in the name of ..."The Children"

Meanwhile...it's back to the grist....cause this cogs just gotta be spun. I sooooo...... like to be spun.

YouSir

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
and if Obama does it anyway?

what then?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

and if Obama does it anyway?

what then?

I think it's obvious it will create even MORE terrorism, jihadists, destruction, death, and misery.

The best thing to do is ship millions of gas masks over there. These people are addicted to brutality, it is only enabling them if Obama responds with even MORE brutality.

These idiots calling the shots are behaving like 7th graders - triple-dog daring each other. A sensible parent or guardian would send them BOTH to their rooms, take away their privileges, and their phones, and so forth and so on -
to lead BY EXAMPLE, instead of this stupid pissing contest. Obama makes me sick. So, if he does it anyway? Impeach the tool. Set up a war crimes tribunal, and strip him of his citizenship,right to vote, freedom, and family. FOR LIFE.

Syria is a BIG customer of Russian armaments - STOP SELLING THEM WEAPONS. STOP ALL TRADE with Syria altogether; North Korea style. STOP aiding and abetting them. Forbid them leaving their country, or anyone entering their country. No-fly zones; no passports, border patrols, junkyard dogs, razor wire.....contain those who are still there, Let them annihilate one another. Look after the refugees who have fled.

If Russia isn't willing to stop doing business with these monsters, then Russia is WRONG, too!!

Husband just told me while I was typing that Russia has published a 100-page report saying the REBELS were the ones who used chemicals. SICKENING.

I say leave them to their mutual destruction.

edit on 7-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I also received a response from one of the three I contacted (the one who is largely in favor of striking Syria; of the other two, one is against and one is undecided):

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me about authorizing military strikes in Syria. I appreciate hearing from you and am grateful for the opportunity to respond.

On August 21, 2013, chemical weapons were used in an attack that killed over 1,000 Syrian citizens, including women and children. President Obama asked Congress for authorization to use military action against Syria in response to this attack on August 31, 2013. I believe it is appropriate for the president to seek authorization from Congress, although he should have called us back to debate the issue immediately. Instead, Congress will begin debating this authorization on September 9th when it is next scheduled to be in session. The decision to use U.S. military forces is not one that I take lightly, and I have been traveling the state over the past few days to hear directly from my constituents on this issue. It is clear there is skepticism and the President needs to provide much more detail about his strategy to Congress and to the American people. President Obama's plan to address the American people on Tuesday, September 10, 2013, is long overdue.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please visit my webpage at www.isakson.senate.gov... for more information on the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-newsletter.

He didn't say jack, and just took the standard response crap.

Yes, Mr. Isakson we know that chemicals weapons were supposedly used, but we don't know WHO used them.

Yes, Mr. Isakson, we know Obama is asking for Congressional approval, that is why I wrote you to say NO.

Mr. Isakson, the issue is not the strategy the President puts forth, but that there is NO military action. Period.

No, Mr. Isakson, we aren't stupid.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

And for now, the rebels are working together to achieve a common goal -- toppling al-Assad's government.

The rebels are working together for this:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

They DON'T WANT A DEMOCRACY. Why would we help them install an Islamic state?

Didnt they do exactly that in Afghanistan with Taliban?
You are just watching history get repeated.
They will 1st do a "limited" strike and let rebels try to establish an islamic state which will then become a threat to israel and some group from there would conduct a terrorist attack on US and US will then declare full scale war and establish democracy.
Has worked out great till now in Afghanistan

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I wrote our senator and this is what I got back. Bit of smoke and mirrors and he seems to think Obama will follow protocol. Hope he's right.

Dear Mr. Knife:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about the current situation in Syria.

What began as a movement calling for basic democratic reforms has evolved into a struggle against the brutal dictatorship of President Bashar Assad. Since the protests started in March 2011, the situation has devolved into an increasingly bloody conflict leaving thousands killed and wounded.

The United States has joined its allies in condemning the use of force and has undertaken diplomatic efforts to end the rule of President Assad. I support these actions and agree that the Syrian government must respect the rights of its citizens. The United States must remain engaged in this situation and not turn its back on those who seek peace and the rule of law.

One of the gravest threats for all of humanity is weapons of mass destruction. The 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention outlaws the production, stockpiling, and use of chemical weapons. By mid 2013, 189 nations had ratified the treaty. While, as of January 2013, an estimated 78% of the world’s declared chemical weapons stockpiles have been destroyed, this doesn’t remove the threats from certain nations, terrorist groups, and nations in violent transition such as what is happening in Syria. It is also important to note that Syria was one of five nations not to have signed the treaty, the others being Angola, North Korea, Egypt, and South Sudan.

I have been a long-time advocate for ensuring that protecting human rights remains one of the cornerstones of our nation’s foreign policy. We must do all we can to support peaceful efforts in pursuit of freedom, democracy, and the rule of law. Like many Ohioans, I believe that President Obama should make his case to the American people and consult with Congress before taking any military action.

I will continue to monitor the situation closely, and I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
United States Senator

Stay connected with what's happening in Congress. Sign up here for regular updates on the issues you care about the most: brown.senate.gov...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Husband just told me while I was typing that Russia has published a 100-page report saying the REBELS were the ones who used chemicals. SICKENING.

why?

It more likely looks that way, Assad has no need to use chemicals, unless he is suicidal.
What if it was planned by US and executed by rebels to implicate Assad so that a strike could be done?
What if this is the truth?
What if this is all pre-planned and Assad and Iran are the obstacles in realizing a greater plan and so they both need to go but Russia and China are delaying and thwarting the plans and someone high up is getting desperate for things to move as planned?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

What if it was planned by US and executed by rebels to implicate Assad so that a strike could be done?
What if this is all pre-planned and Assad and Iran are the obstacles in realizing a greater plan and so they both need to go but Russia and China are delaying and thwarting the plans and someone high up is getting desperate for things to move as planned?

What if?

Then they should be held accountable by a war tribunal, charged with collusion, aiding and abetting atrocities, and thrown out of society.

In any case, whatever the TRUTH of it is, It Needs To Stop.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

What if?

Then they should be held accountable by a war tribunal, charged with collusion, aiding and abetting atrocities, and thrown out of society.

In any case, whatever the TRUTH of it is, It Needs To Stop.

And who exactly do you suggest can bring them to justice? You think the US military wouldn't be unleased if the necks and plans of these people get exposed?
You think Obama is making a fool of himself because he likes that or wants that? He has to do it and thankfully its getting more difficult as many are objecting.
But what i am afraid of is that this will lead to desperate measures and just escalate the situation.
The War Machine Monster is demanding blood and the POTUS has to comply or face the consequences.
I am no fan of Obama but this would be the same if there was any other puppet too.
Either a deal would be made with Russia to withdraw support to Assad or it would be a WAR.
They need Syria and Iran neutralised at any cost, i don't fully understand why..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

And who exactly do you suggest can bring them to justice?

The U.N.
The G20.
Russia and China.
CONGRESS. GENEVA and its CONVENTION. The United Arab States or Arab Coalition or whatever they're called.

It's breaking international law, no matter who did it. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights....
Human Rights Watch.
ANY NUMBER of committees and agencies. Boot the U.S. out of NATO, the U.N., etc. Stop trading with U.S.
There are HUNDREDS of ways to do it. If Manning was held and tried, SO CAN OBAMA be held and tried. Hell, send him to Gitmo. IMPEACH HIM, ARREST HIM, TRY HIM, and sentence him to DEATH ROW, along with GWBush -

What is YOUR suggestion?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

And who exactly do you suggest can bring them to justice?

The U.N.
The G20.
Russia and China.
CONGRESS. GENEVA and its CONVENTION. The United Arab States or Arab Coalition or whatever they're called.

It's breaking international law, no matter who did it. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights....
Human Rights Watch.
ANY NUMBER of committees and agencies. Boot the U.S. out of NATO, the U.N., etc. Stop trading with U.S.
There are HUNDREDS of ways to do it. If Manning was held and tried, SO CAN OBAMA be held and tried. Hell, send him to Gitmo. IMPEACH HIM, ARREST HIM, TRY HIM, and sentence him to DEATH ROW, along with GWBush -

What is YOUR suggestion?

when Ahmedinijad suggested an enquiry into 9/11 at the UN many western governments' representative walked out.

I wish it was that simple, the global economy is too tightly tied with the USD. However i do wonder if an American revolution can do it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

when Ahmedinijad suggested an enquiry into 9/11 at the UN many western governments' representative walked out.

And when the U.N. met to discuss Iran, Netenyahu walked out.
Bunch of 7th grade (12-year-old) thugs.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Damn right, along with Tony Blair and David Cameron no less because he will force our involvement at some point don't you worry about that.

Shame we can't get Obama to wander past the grassy knoll if you catch my drift....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join