It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY! Obama confronted on the hypocrisy of his Nobel Peace Prize.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Can his nobel peace prize be taken away from him?

That would be fun

No, they can never be taken away.

www.nobelprize.org...

Is it possible to revoke a Nobel Prize?
No, it is not possible according to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, § 10.

§ 10.
No appeals may be made against the decision of a prize-awarding body with regard to the award of a prize.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by gladtobehere

Obama shouldn't have accepted it then!

Jesus, he has made the United States a huge joke.

S&F

The US was made a joke before Obama arrived on the scene.

But you know when a person takes a joke that bit too far untill everyone stops laughing and just thinks "what a f%king moron".

Thats what obama did.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Txinfidel

Well he was also Times magazine person of the year.

But so was Hitler.

And Stalin.

Yep, one big happy family.

The comparing of people to hitler thing is getting old.. .but with that said, I definitely wouldn't vote the same now as I did back then... he's been a massive disappointment to me ... at least Bush was amusing with all his gaffs.. Obama's term has lead to nothing but frustration and fear...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Rest assured that the Norwegian government, along with the members of the 'selection committee' were in consultation with the Obama people prior to such a momentous occasion. In light of that, it can be said that the blame for such a perverse and amoral indiscretion as the awarding of a 'prize for peace' to a person who had not even once proven the slightest inclination towards 'peace in the world' in his entire political career, lies as much with Obama as with the Norwegian government, who in their successful efforts to subvert the process of selection by the 'Committee' succeeded in making a mockery of it all, the result of which was to bring shame upon themselves generally, and on the "Nobel Committee" in particular.

As a defense in the face of universal criticism, the Norwegian authorities made the weakest of assertions stating that Obama received the prize so as to demonstrate their political solidarity with the presidents mantra for "hope and change." This was improper and immoral on its face bringing shame to all past and future recipients of what should rightfully have been perceived as an honorable award, but that now holds as much esteem in the eyes of the world as those plastic trophies won by children pitching pennies into a glass bowl at the local carnival.

edit on 6-9-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Txinfidel

Well he was also Times magazine person of the year.

But so was Hitler.

And Stalin.

Yep, one big happy family.

lol don't forget Ben Bernanke.

After reading these comments I really have a strong feel that there is a certain group of people which have taken over the most powerfull and significant positions in the western freeworld.

The worst part of it all is that this secretive group of people do not care if the common man is on to them. 'They' show us publicly that the law doesn't apply to them and can do whatever they want. What certain politicians, agencies and private persons do under the protection of elements within the government should feel like an insult to the US citizens....It is scary...and it should be scary for everyone.

This is going on for decades in the USA and to my surprise it seems impossible to organise a meaningful protest. Unfortunately eyes will be opened when the bottom of the barrel is reached and too late for a rescue. I hope that the US citizens will be sporty enough to say and admit it is their own fault their country is robbed, raped, abused...and left for dead.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Txinfidel

I apologize if this is off topic but I'm getting really tired of this whole Obama is just like HItler crap. Yeah I'm not his biggest fan but seriously this type of crap just gets in the way progress. The fact that you don't like potus doesn't make him a despot. Just to put your statement in to perspective here are a few of the other Time magazine's persons of the year:

1930 Mahatma Gandhi
1944 Dwight D. Eisenhower
1980 Ronald Reagan
1990 George H. W. Bush
1994 Pope John Paul II
1995 Newt Gingrich
2000 George W. Bush

For a full list see the link:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by acuna

On the Wiki page it opens with :~

"Person of the Year (formerly Man of the Year) is an annual issue of the United States newsmagazine Time that features and profiles a person, group, idea or object that "for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year.".

So, it's not saying that the people on the list were all revered, just that they had the most impact on events that year.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Truth, is a monkey wrench in the works of those who deceive and lie.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It makes you wonder how he got the prize to start with.

The OP is right, this question would never have been posed by an the American MSM. You can't cast your boss in a bad light, and when your boss is the 'leader' of the 'free world', your views amount to zero when your job or even your life is on the line.

So what do you do? fall in line. When awkward situations like this arrive, you can always find a story about a celebrity that fell of the rails or a bear on the loose in the woods.

What I'd like to see is some of the MSM blow the whistle Snowden style. But if that was to ever happen every embassy on the planet would be overflowing with journos.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Now in some kind of freak accident, that poor womans car will spontaneously explode while sitting at a stop sign
edit on 2509pmThu, 05 Sep 2013 21:35:25 -05003599pm9 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

Sounds legit... as long as it's a Mercedes... in Los Angeles...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Awards. Please.
You know who never won the Nobel Peace Prize? Gandhi. That's right. Mr Peace himself apparently wasn't worthy.
I put -0- stock in awards. Achievements are their own rewards. Awards are just a sign someone wants to use you to call attention to something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Lets just say obama, holder, mccain, kerry belong in prison, not in government, and certainly no peace prize awarded to anyone of them. The fact he was given such prize speaks more of how poorly informed the judges were rather than anything else.

Its the epitomy of hypocrisy imho!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You are disillusion if you think Obama is the "emperor".
He is a puppet. A sales-man. An actor.
His job is to shove sh!t such as this down our collective throat while making sure resistance remains minimal.

He doesn't call the shots. He takes orders from certain people who in turn take orders from others. Nobody knows exactly how deep the rabbit hole goes but one thing is sure, world leaders, events and history has and is being manipulated to a very high degree.

Other than that, thanks for the post OP

S&F

IT--
edit on 6-9-2013 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If he truly felt he didn't deserve it, he would return it, he hasn't and won't, unless it's taken from him.

It's a mockery that he was even awarded it, and before a single thing was done, it was utterly down to propaganda, stripping the prize of all future credibility.

Alfred Nobel will be turning in his grave.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Can his nobel peace prize be taken away from him?

That would be fun

Actually, there IS a petition to revoke it going around:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Concept X
Alfred Nobel will be turning in his grave.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The dude was an explosives and armaments inventor and manufacturer. I think he'd appreciate the irony.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's too bad there is no Nobel Prize for arrogance.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

It's like on Family Guy when they repeat the same thing over and over until it feels awkward, and then some more until it taken to far and is just annoying.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

It's like on Family Guy when they repeat the same thing over and over until it feels awkward, and then some more until it taken to far and is just annoying.

If you repeat enough that you are defending freedom, people will start believing it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unloved

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

If you repeat enough that you are defending freedom, people will start believing it.

If you tell people that they are defending freedom, those people will start believing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join