It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this new hotness here to stay this time?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Patience... I'm testing a completely revamped LIVE and Firehose feature.

Also having some odd formatting issues in the post/reply form on Windows Phone 8.
edit on 9-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Alright, alright... standing down for the night

Keep up the good work

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I'm testing a completely revamped LIVE and Firehose feature

That is fantastic news to hear Big Fella.

Lots of members have enquired about the Firehose feature being available on the new 5/3 so it's great to see you testing same.

Now, I've logged in a few times on the dev.abovetopsecret.com to see progress and adjust for backgrounds, and I know you are super busy, but if you get the chance, can you confirm the new mini-profile background will now be 200 x 425 pixels or will we get a bit more height?

I'm with Zarniwoop, can't wait until you hit that switch but I completely understand you wanting to get it right so you are not :bnghd: again!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thats very strange.

Normally, when I access my reply list, the name of the poster who replied appears highlighted in white text in the list on the left. Clicking upon thier name causes the thread title (as a clickable link) to appear on the right hand side of the screen. Clicking on that link takes me to the thread and indeed the post which responds to mine.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
All I have to say is...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thats very strange.

Normally, when I access my reply list, the name of the poster who replied appears highlighted in white text in the list on the left. Clicking upon thier name causes the thread title (as a clickable link) to appear on the right hand side of the screen. Clicking on that link takes me to the thread and indeed the post which responds to mine.

Yeah. That happens the correct way with about 20% of the items in my list of REPLIES. The rest, I click and nothing appears on the right side. No thread link--nothing.

Maybe it will be solved in the new version. No need to trouble anyone about the old at this point.

Thx thx.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Risco
The font was way, way too big resulting in lots of scrolling. This really needs to be fixed for me.

Have you seen the side-by-side comparisons? The new version is actually tighter in thread-view.

Thanks for that, the forum is very unique I have to say. I think it might take a bit of getting used to as it is a rather dramatic change in look and feel. I still would like the home page to be a little tighter, seems a lot of scrolling to get to all the content. Not sure how best to describe but it feels kind of cramped?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
At least with this new format I can now read my private messages on my iPad and iPhone

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Apologies if this issue has already been mentioned.

When I go to "my ATS" and click on my "posts" link I don't get a link to the individual post but just a link to the thread posted in. This is a loss of functionality and an important one. I want to be able to go directly to old posts to see if anyone has responded to them and it sucks to have to go to the thread and hunt page after page for my posts.

For now I am going to have to start keeping a separate list of the URLs of my posts but this is something the site used to do automatically.

I'm still getting used to navigating the new look and have already started making "bookmarks" as an alternative to dealing with the new interface.

I don't like the new "smilies". The only thing they communicate is a reminder to brush your teeth. (Toothpaste.)
edit on 9-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow, I don't believe it, I can see everyone's name now and no big empty wasted space at the top
YAY!!!!!!
edit on 9-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

When I go to "my ATS" and click on my "posts" link I don't get a link to the individual post but just a link to the thread posted in.

I think you mean this?... you need to click on the far right column instead of the thread link.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Gotcha! Thanks. Just a personal navigation issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
wow, go away for a few days and come back to see it all looking great :-) chuffed to see new design up n running, can't say I'm overly keen on new Smiley's though unless zoomed in (so can't see avatars) they look a bit to restricted and not very clear expressions. ney mind though, can't please all the people all the time.

is there any reason why the fonts in posts are all showing different sizes now though? some being smaller than others. at first I thought it was to do with whether they were replies or not but can't seem to find any consistency with it, and only seem to happen on tablet.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

TrueBrit
We had a few hours of the new site a few days back, and I couldnt find anything particularly aggravating about it! The just this second activation of the newness makes me wonder, are we finally in our new skin, or are there still gremlins which might see a regression at some point?

If those in the know would like to comment on that, I would really appreciate whatever clarity can be offered.

Kindest regards to all concerned,

T.B.

Personally i abhor the new look. Feels like something on an iphone app.

The thing is, ats has an IT department, and those IT guys can never leave things alone. They're always fidgeting to upgrade.....plus you have to justify your job one way or another

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The ATS IT department is Skeptic Overlord.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

See, I hate computers, and I hate smartphones and tablets too. I think they are all about as annoying as one another for different reasons, so the looks of the site couldnt be less important for me. All I care about is that the buttons work, and the content is there.

When SO and others decided that it was time to bring the site up to date, I was a little concerned that using the site on a laptop or desktop would be more difficult. As it happens I just havent found any part of the functionality of the site that destroys my enjoyment of its content.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

TrueBrit

See, I hate computers, and I hate smartphones and tablets too. I think they are all about as annoying as one another for different reasons, so the looks of the site couldnt be less important for me. All I care about is that the buttons work, and the content is there.

When SO and others decided that it was time to bring the site up to date, I was a little concerned that using the site on a laptop or desktop would be more difficult. As it happens I just havent found any part of the functionality of the site that destroys my enjoyment of its content.

I hear where u are coming from, but from my perspective, the look and feel i very clunky and seems like a step back from what it was before.

I have a few friends that frequent ATS and they've told me since the new design was in lace, they havent been coming as much and also dont like the look.

Ive also noticed since the new look has been in place, traffic has been slower than a turtle doing cardio. This place seems dead now.

Oh well. I've been meaning to make my own conspiracy sight and make it open source, no rules, no kicking anyone out. Kind of like brietbard-drudge-meets Reddit & ATS. Just might finally give it a go

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Hi SO,
Congrats to you and all that have helped on the new release!

Firstly I would like to apologise for not participating in the beta testing, I only have access to the Internet via my Android atm (both my laptops died). And due to this, I thought I wouldn't be an ideal candidate for testing (still kicking myself for realising just how wrong I was!)

I have been having a pretty bad UX since the release via my Android (Galaxy S3 s/w v4.1.2) using Dolphin browser AND the default browser.

I would like to offer a possible workaround solution before mentioning bugs, as I believe it could well solve the UX issue.

- Simply add the option to switch from mobile view to 'desktop' view to the bottom of the page.

In short my user experience is as follows;

- Clunky navigation, nothing seems smooth sailing.
- Sometimes tabs and links are non responsive
- Graphics overlap each other at the top of the page
- Haven't managed to find the list of all my previous posts (In chronological order)

As I mentioned before, I'm sure having the option to switch to desktop view would solve these issues.Tbh I find most mobile views on most websites to be ineffective, so I find myself switching to desktop view most of the time.

Sorry if you've already covered this issue and are already planning to add this?

Any feedback would be appreciated, and I look forward to any fixes coming soon.

Regards
OE123

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Not sure if you have heard this before, but this font is very very hard on my eyes...

Almost like it's not bold enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

Do you mean the font in my above post??
Because I haven't altered it at all, it should be the default font provided by Ats??

It also looks normal to me this end :-/
edit on 15/9/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join