It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Peruvian Mining Operation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

As always, thought provoking. I have often wondered these things myself Slayer....I fear we may never know the truth.

*Sigh*

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Ahhh....clarification:

Yes, for the natives it would have been a ton of work. If there were indeed some advanced race there, then who knows. Perhaps not so much.

With regards to the cut and fill, good point. I go back to my question (as I am not an expert on the region) on soil stratification sampling of the flat tops versus the non-flat tops. It could possibly answer where the removed tops went. I agree they do indeed look removed and not naturally occurring.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To the guy who proposed that the barren strip on top of the mountain could be natural or due to erosion, I believe that is a far more fanciful idea. The lines are too perfect and the fact that there are hummingbirds and monkeys etc excavated in the surrounding areas proves that these people had the know how to do such a feat. They had a knowledge that is now lost to us which is why we have all this conjecture.
I subscribe to the theory that at some stage in our history we had many great civilisations that somehow either destroyed themselves or there was some catastrophic global event.
The survivors were forced to live underground for many generations which is why the caucasian race has a lighter pigmentation of the skin and is more sensitive to sunlight. Obviously there are many inbetween groups, some are more accepting of the sun due to the amount of melanin content in their skin.
If we are all genetically from the same Adam and Eve parents as suggested by some theories then something has caused many groups to appear lighter in skin and I believe that this catastrophe not only isolated Africa from other parts such as Europe and that our European ancestors were forced underground, therefore having less reason for protection to the sun via melanin content.
Obviously various groups came back to the surface at different times during history, which accounts for some races to have a greater tanning ability also the intermingling of African and European people would contribute to that.
Also Australia was also isolated and probably less affected by this catastrophe and as such the Aboriginal people continued their hunter/ gatherer lifestyle until the advent of the white man.
Whether my theory is true or not, their is no doubting that our ancestors were far more complex societies than we are led to believe and we still have much to learn from them.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
By the way Slayer, another thought provoking post S & f

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Nazca and some surrounding areas do show some rather interesting earth works that still to this day have not been completely explained.

Even if someone found a way to completely explain it, there would still be debate as to the real reason for the works. But one thing is for sure, somebody or something left us with some beautiful and amazing sites.

Look forward to your next thread.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I always enjoy your threads, they are informative and thought provoking.

I do have one question regarding this one though. I never really click when I see ancient "landing areas". They do look like landing strips but wouldn't that mean that the vessels had wheels so they'd land like a plane? Why would an extreme advanced technology be so outdated?

And if vessels just landed vertically and that the landing strip was there to evacuate cargo, why do the runways always end abruptly...

Beats me but I think I'm missing something, perhaps. Or there's another reason for them...

S&F as usual. Great thread !

edit on 5-9-2013 by SonoftheSun because: added words

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Very good thoughts. I am a believer in having an open mind. To toss around some scenarios is not bad, it is the way science starts to investigate things. Scientists are not the only people allowed to do this. We can also do it. The trouble with this is that we do not have the resources to do further investigations. This limits what we can do.

These things appear a little like antennas or circuit boards. Why the similarities. Is it possible that they had to form a frequency pattern here on earth for some reason? Could we be influenced to do certain things by these frequencies. Odly enough, our cities also resemble circuit boards that could be capable of receiving a signal. Why do we build things in these patterns? Could we be mining for some aliens right now, collecting many metals and elements. Maybe they will be here to pick it up and have to initiate reprogramming of us. Organic robots that think they have free will.

There are thousands of theories, I have run scenarios on many. Many are possible, even a little probable. There would have to be some aliens close by to make sure that the receivers are being built properly. The crop circles may be patterns to receive signals, patterns that enter our mind from seeing them and reprogram us a little. Viruses can also do reprogramming and a form of the common cold even attacks cancer cells and tumors. I suppose they can also be used to repair us other ways so we hear their directions. Now this sounds so incomprehensible that it cannot possibly be true doesn't it? .....Or could there be something to it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I would love to see if there is actually any Gold in Fort Knox or wherever the Worlds Gold depositories are.
What If we are still mining Gold for some alien race and that some of the Ufos that are seen are just picking up their next order.
In return they pay us with technology and knowledge and that those at the top of our tree utilize it to their own advantage. Would explain why Gold is so valuable and much sought after and most rare as much of it has been mined out. And if that was the case what happens when there is no Gold left?
This is certainly a bit far fetched but we know very little about a planet that is billions of years old considering we supposedly arrived a few hundred thousand years ago.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have to say, the tower stumps me. There is something about it that seems a bit odd and it's more than the subtle details about the base construction. Things like the channel there apparently being in two other positions moving around clockwise, but not seemingly there or meant to be in the next logical positions on the circle. That has to have meaning in itself. The drainage? Hmm... The precision seems to suggest to me, military or religious for historical terms and mainly because little outside those two pursuits commanded the talent and resources of the old societies to that extent. The position looks commanding at a height in one direction at least? That could hold meaning to either use though.

I sure wish we could put just a bit into scientific research and development as a society. Just a fraction of what is spent in some other directions would do nicely. If we could just move ground penetrating radar up about a dozen generations, we'd have most of our answers. I think much of it lay a surprisingly short depth beneath our feet, but like the needle in the haystack game? It's never about finding the needle itself, but knowing precisely where to look.

The other picture makes me think of a very large right of way or even road in deep deep history and before much in geologic changes came to that region. It's like a VERY large scale example of the big Alaska quake a few decades ago for roadway displacement. Millions of years and thousands of earthquakes worth of somehow leaving just a couple segments broken for alignment but not shattered. ...something to ponder, anyway.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It looks like the mountaintops once connected to form one runway, maybe the earth moved over time and broke it apart. If that is the case it could give us an idea as to when it was built. How long does it take the earth to split that much Just giving suggestions but it does look alot like an airport.

One more thing if it is just weathered why only in that small area there are lots of other mountains around that look normal per se. SnF Slayer for the nice read.
edit on 6-9-2013 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Fascinating.
What i it was ancient humans?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

When i look at the missing mountain top and the following straight lines .. as a Huge alien spaceship crashed landing onto earth taking with it most of the mountains .. and the rest is the debris field

Skunk works ftw!!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I also find that facinating , along with the question , where is all the debris from the shearing off of the Top of that Mountain ? if you look at the base of those Mountains , you don't see it there . Where was it hauled off to ? ..........Hmm...

Excellent question. For which there is no ready evidence-based answer. That is why this thread is in Skunk Works, according to the OP.

Hardly any water based erosion for quite a while, as this is one of the driest places on the Earth. So, I would rule out water.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by eManym

You know that's a very real possibility, unless...

Those that came years/centuries later took advantage of such holes for their own perceived purposes. Also, why would they make a long meandering trail of holes in one location then on the NAZCA plateau have lines going perfectly straight for miles over mountains and valleys?
edit on 5-9-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

The holes are representative of scales.

The whole structure is to represent a snake.

The reason for a snake could be anything from the snake / serpent representing a stylised version of the milky way stars...many other culures have this circular snake (or dragon) 'chasing it's tail' motif intertwined in their mythologies to a representation of their god, the feathered serpent or AKA Quetzalcoatl

Perhaps this is a version of one of those mythologies?

edit on 6-9-2013 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

First thing you would need to do is find out if that rock is rich in any metallic element, if it is not then a metal mining theory can be rejected. It would in fact have to be especially rich in metallic ore to make the theory work.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

First thing you would need to do is find out if that rock is rich in any metallic element, if it is not then a metal mining theory can be rejected. It would in fact have to be especially rich in metallic ore to make the theory work.

Assuming they were actually after metals and not some other mineral or element.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hilarious!

edit on 6/9/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Nice Thread!

Never before seen the site at 'Ollantaytambo'... looks very impressive!

Much prefer it when I can see the whole site in one photo than lots of close ups of scattered bricks as they really show the professionalism of what went into making the site!

Cheers for the photos!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Why Ancient Aliens, why not Ancient Humans, Civilizations or are we too accustomed to the idea that our predecessors could not possibly have been more advanced than we would imagine them to be?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If scientists want to figure out that the landing strips are manufactured, the rocks need to be looked at for chemical composition. A mountain top needs to be drilled. A well driller could accomplish this. Looking at the chemical compositions down to the same level as the landing strips. This would determine that they are man made/ alien made unnatural flat plateaus. Radiation levels need to be checked. Chemical residue from blasting away the mountain top should be looked for. Metal detectors should be used to find their ancient trash. Everyone leaves trash... especially human construction workers. I am sure if someone wanted answers they would find them.

This place is obviously older than 2,000 years, or the Mayan Indians would have written down what happened there. The locals would be still talking about aliens as they do about the Feathered Winged Serpent in Mexico and Jesus coming in Israel. The soil next to the band of holes needs to be analyzed to discover what chemicals they sampled. Humans mining the holes probably would not have hand dug them in a long uniform band. That is evidence of a factory style vehicle driving the width in a straight line trade mark. Where is the dirt from those holes?

Anyone traveling through the solar system could mine for materials they need. Then take off for their long term destination. Why would you think they would come back? Some trips are just one way. All the planets in our solar system have different materials they are made out of. What is special about Earth is the air and water qualities. The Gravity. The planet's temperatures. We are billions of years old, anything could have happened here.
edit on 6-9-2013 by frugal because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join