It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Peruvian Mining Operation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hello

I've decided to write another 'Skunk Works' thread to share with you some rather interesting speculation. I didn't believe it should go into the 'UFO/Aliens' forum simply because there is no real tangible proof for the following highly speculative presentation. I also didn't want to present this in the 'Ancient Civilizations' forum either. I did however want to share with you some thoughts I've played with over the years and see what you think of them. This is the 'Skunk works' forum after all and a great place to post some 'Out there theories'

Enjoy

I've been looking at the NAZCA like anomalies for most of my adult life and I have read many possible explanations and theories. Suffice it to say I haven't been excited about most of them. Too mundane/Generic. So, I've decided to toss this one out there for you. Now before we begin. I know Zecharia Sitchin will probably be drawn into this discussion because of his supposed 'deciphering' of certain texts. Which to be honest is an interesting story all in itself. However, I found the whole 2012/Nibiru wandering planet far fetched and way out there *Excuse the pun* even for my tastes.

Having said that but what if there were in our Ancient past a large scale Alien Mining operation and we've seen the scaring and have not recognized it as such? Nazca and some surrounding areas do show some rather interesting earth works that still to this day have not been completely explained. Now before some of you come out of your skins allow me to present the following and my outside the box thoughts....

What if...

There was one original location for a landing of an ancient craft near Nazca which the local inhabitants simply tried to copy after they left? Many of you have heard the phrase "Cargo Cult". There is one location which has always fascinated me regarding Nazca and that's the following mountain top.

If, I know that's a BIG if, If the Ancient aliens came, mined and processed what they needed then left leaving this one location as the original landing post? Now, whose to say the natives didn't simply attempt to replicate the large scaring thinking it may possibly entice them back? *Which could possibly account for the rest of the lines which seem to have no real purpose other than what has been speculated and conjectured about ever since they were first discovered.

SIDE NOTE: Now it is possible however unlikely that many may have been created later and did have some sort of astrological alignment that presently do not line up due to the age? Earth's progression taking those now ancient alignments out of position?

The other main area that started this line of speculation and fascination for me in the region has been the "Band of Holes". One could imagine that an Alien race/civilization came to Earth to mine for resources and using those sheared off mountain tops as large landing platforms while they excavated some exposed vein of Gold or some other type of rare mineral/material...?

Google Earth:
Latitude: 13°42’55.37 - S
Longitude: 75°52’28.46 - W

In my thread Remnants of a Lost World I posted the following images. Now presently it doesnt look like much but at one time there once stood a large tower on the spot where we see this circle of stones. If you look closely at the second image you'll notice a hole cut in what would have been the bottom of this tower. and a channel running away. This to me and it could simply be my over active imagination appear to be a drain or a pour spout location for either smelted Gold or some other highly prized rare ore and or mineral that was needed.

Keep in mind that when the Spanish first came upon the above site they found a large multistory tower of stone which they dismantled in search of Gold. What if they unknowingly revealed was proof of this much more sophisticated age and possibly it's original purpose?

One could imagine if such a mining operation did in fact take place they may have also needed to eat and or take other specimens back with them as part of some sort of scientific study of life here on Earth. Ever wonder why a high desert people would show monkeys, whales and humming birds etc on a flat high desert plateau?

What are the normal explanations for such animals being portrayed there? Were these originally created at a time far enough back to where those types of wildlife *Humming birds, monkeys etc* were plentiful in the nearby regions? If so, Just how long ago was that? Does that align with when Modern Academia believes 'Modern Man' first colonized South America?

Interesting tidbit of information.

The INCA Deity Viracocha A 'Sun' god is said to have had tears which fell to Earth in the form of Gold. Where is Gold formed? In Stars/Suns. Earth has Gold and possibly other rare Earth minerals from ancient dead Stars which exploded well before Earth was ever formed *If Carl Sagan and a few others are correct that is. Strange coincidence eh?

As always....
Have a great day and stay tuned...
edit on 5-9-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
S&F...

The most fascinating thing I find in looking at the pictures of these sites is the fact the tops of the mountains are sheared flat. It is obvious there was an advanced level of thought and ability brought to bear in regard to this process.

The question remains...WHY?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Concerning the flat mountain top, I can easily imagine a large space ship cutting the top with some kind of ray and removing it then taking it inside the ship for processing, or even teleportation (Scotty ! )

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have read that the flat mountaintops are naturally occurring plateau's not excavated as many might think.

The line of holes contained numerous pottery shards indicating pottery was smashed in the holes. To me this indicates some form of ritual performed over time or holes dug over time to find something, maybe a mineral or something that was buried.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

You know that's a very real possibility, unless...

Those that came years/centuries later took advantage of such holes for their own perceived purposes. Also, why would they make a long meandering trail of holes in one location then on the NAZCA plateau have lines going perfectly straight for miles over mountains and valleys?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Love the Topic! Thanks for the coordinates to the long line of holes.
I have mapped and documented many many more "lines" and "configurations" in the landscape surrounding the Nazca plateau than I've seen anyone-else even allude to.
I believe, as you have suggested (at least, in the general direction of your suggestion), that 'mining'...and, 'ancient mining' is the most logical explanation.
Hope this conversation develops (and I have time to devote to it)!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

Anyone can look at the mountains and state these are naturally occurring plateaus; however, that is a statement indicating:

1) General ignorance;
2) Purposeful ignorance; or,
3) Purposeful deceit.
edit on 5-9-2013 by totallackey because: clarity

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

It seems a better explanation than a huge ufo coming in and cutting the top of the mountain off and taking it away. As you can see in the image the crest is still visible and not much material had to be removed to make the flatten area. Its a plateau.
edit on 5-9-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

Actually, a natural plateau seems like a WORSE explanation given the visual evidence.

Come on...

I have not claimed anything relating to outside (i.e., extraterrestrial) influence.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Awesome post.

Those certainly look like landing strips.
Especially when viewed from up high.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
S & well wanted to flag you to, but don't see that Slayer.

Your posts are always informative, and make ya think.

We are the aliens. I have always believed that. Perhaps, from the Inca/Nazca "gods" or from Mars, but, we're the aliens.

And, I think some of our ancient memories are slowly coming back to us. I just hope we have time to remember the ones we need to before we can't fix the mess we made.

edit on 9/5/2013 by ctdannyd because: Flagged! Found that little rascal

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ctdannyd

I appreciate the feedback. One just never knows. I'm still not satisfied with what is generally perceived as the reasons for such sites and their purpose.

What were they again?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

We'll see if it does. I enjoy speculating on these types of topics.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The area can be seen on google earth and is worth a look.

The google earth cursor will show elevation as well as coordinates so anyone who had a mind could compare the elevations on the plain with the elevations on the cut off areas.

What seems most likely is that the plain was flat eons ago but erosion has cut around the areas creating the illusion that the mountaintops have been removed.

I'd guess that the elevation of the plain might match the elevations of the cut off hills which would support the erosion idea.

You really cant get an idea of the scale from a picture but the google earth route gives a pretty good feeling for how big this thing is.

It's apparent that the massive amount of work that went into this area is more than just a few tribes who got together to create some oversized graffiti that can't be seen from the ground.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My thought was what was the climate of the area just before known human habitation and in the earliest days of habitation. I had hard time finding the information. Here is a bit from this link

e question whether the mid-Holocene climate (between ca. 9 and 4 cal kyr B.P.) in the Atacama Desert and the Central Andes in general was humid or dry has wide implications with regard to the understanding of long-term climate variability in South America. Paleosols, regional groundwater tables, abiotic proxy data and pollen of aquatic plants in lake sediments show a marked and rapid shift from very humid late-glacial/early Holocene climatic conditions (between ca. 14 and 9.5 kyr B.P.) to extremely dry mid-Holocene conditions (more arid than today between ca. 9 and 4 kyr B.P.). An exception during this hyperarid period is a century-scale more humid interval around ca. 5.5–6 kyr B.P. that appears systematically in lake sediment archives. In contrast, pollen for most terrestrial plants preserved in lake sediments do not show major changes during the Holocene, whereas more humid mid-Holocene conditions (compared with late Holocene conditions) were inferred from plant macrofossils in rodent middens. Is the reason for this disagreement to be attributed to misinterpretation of the paleoenvironments or of the proxy records themselves, or to incomplete paleoclimatic interpretation of the paleoenvironments? We argue that these different paleoclimate archives record different aspects and facets of ‘climate’. While paleosols and groundwater in the Atacama Desert record low-frequency climate variability at century to millennium scales, lake sediments on the Altiplano record decade- to century-scale variability. Terrestrial vegetation responds to shorter high-frequency climate variability at seasonal to inter-annual scales and preferably to humid years. Vegetation remains in ‘hibernation’ or does not germinate during arid years. Thus information from these three types of archives is not a priori comparable and requires careful site-specific, archive-specific and time-scale-specific evaluation. What is natural in modern climatology is also true for paleoclimatology: a comprehensive assessment must account for the complex daily and seasonal cycles, for the range of climate variability and trends at different scales in space and time, for impacts of short-term extreme events, and for specific, often non-linear responses of individual bio-geo-physical archives to any of the numerous aspects of ‘climate’.

Keywords
Andes; South America; Quaternary; lake sediments; pollen; climate change; paleoecology
Figures and tables from this article:

Full-size image (22 K)
Fig. 1. Holocene paleoenvironmental records of Laguna Miscanti and adjacent areas. Limnogeological data, aquatic plants, wetland vegetation and pollen concentrations (for details see Grosjean et al., 2001, fig. 2) show that the mid-Holocene lake levels decreased and that the lake turned into a wetland with abundant Cyperaceae, whereas the percent grasses in rodent middens (Latorre et al., 2001) and pollen of major groups (Chenopodiaceae, Gramineae; Grosjean et al., 2001) remain unchanged. The chronology on the left is based on the age–depth relation in Grosjean et al., 2001, fig. 2.
Figure options
Full-size image (35 K)
Fig. 2. (A) Map with locations of sites mentioned in the text, shaded areas are above 4000 m. (B) Space–time diagram for paleoenvironmental archives used for the paleoclimate reconstruction in the Atacama Desert.
Figure options
Full-size image (22 K)
Fig. 3. (A) Schematic view showing the early Holocene paleosols next to the shorelines of the paleolakes (after Grosjean and Nuñez, 1994). The paleosol is missing on the surfaces younger than 9 kyr B.P., panel B showing the missing paleosol in the creep track of wanderblocks on Co. Toco (4600 m), and panel C showing the missing paleosol formation on alluvium after 8000 14C yr B.P. in Tambillo (2400 m).
Figure options
Full-size image (18 K)
Fig. 4. Travertine outcrops of the San Bartolo spring complex. The modern 14C reservoir effect of TDIC (total dissolved inorganic carbon) of the spring water is on the order of 5000 years. The reconstruction of groundwater tables is preliminary.
Figure options
Full-size image (12 K)
Fig. 5. Conceptual reconstruction of early Holocene, mid-Holocene and modern precipitation on the Altiplano (ca. 24°S), and the respective responses of terrestrial vegetation and lake systems (e.g. Laguna Miscanti). A threshold of 250 mm annual (mainly summer) precipitation is assumed to trigger flowering of terrestrial plants. Absolute values (except the measured precipitation at Susques 1975–1990) in this figure are not yet established and are debatable at the current stage of knowledge.
Figure options
Table 1. Short-term response of the water surfaces (km2) to precipitation events in some selected catchments in the Atacama Altiplano (based on LANDSAT MSS data, from Vuille and Baumgartner, 1993)

For locations see Fig. 2.

View Within Article
Corresponding author contact information
Corresponding author. Tel.: +41-31-631-31-47
Copyright © 2003 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.

Elsevier homepage (opens in a new window)
About ScienceDirect
About Elsevier
Contact and support
Information for advertisers
Terms and conditions
Privacy policy
Copyright © 2013 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved. ScienceDirect® is a registered trademark of Elsevier B.V.
Cookies are used by this site. To decline or learn more, visit our Cookies page

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Great job. I had the priviledge to visit Nazca few times and had the chance to feel the energy this places has. I believe in times of the Nazca culture this perception was stronger. This is the starting point for anyone in search of the true about these lines.

It is well known that nazca people as many other cultures of the area, used substances like San Pedro (San Pedro Cactus), to reach another state of mind. The symbols or designs represent what they could see in another state of mind, is not clear if they could understand the meaning of what they saw, but they tried to replicate them.

Those who believe in the ancient alien theory might find interesting this point. It is possible that they actually had contact with extraterrestrials or interdimensional beings using these substances in determinated places of the area, with suitable conditions or characteristics. That could explain where they got their advanced knowledge from.

The symbols have 2 meanings. Our interpretation of the lines is made from our physical plane. but the symbols do not belong to this realm and we can't understand them unless we make connection with the place the symbols were extracted from.

Some people believe nazca people could see the lines from the sky, thru OBE experienes.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

totallackey
S&F...

The most fascinating thing I find in looking at the pictures of these sites is the fact the tops of the mountains are sheared flat. It is obvious there was an advanced level of thought and ability brought to bear in regard to this process.

The question remains...WHY?

I also find that facinating , along with the question , where is all the debris from the shearing off of the Top of that Mountain ? if you look at the base of those Mountains , you don't see it there . Where was it hauled off to ? ..........Hmm...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ugh. Sorry with my copy and paste under the new system.
Seems jungle habitats were more wide spread in the early days of the area.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Love the topic. Thanks for posting it.

My hot air:

1. A strong contender IMHO, if AA mined anything on Earth is if they were stuck here for whatever reason. Otherwise there are plenty of resources elsewhere and assuredly closer in the Cosmos. Plus, why mine in such an ornate manner?

2. The shaved mountain tops would have required a lot of work to make happen. Are there any soil samples from the ridge tops indicating a concentration of any minerals? They sure look man made to me so that makes them all the more intriguing. If we are talking competing possibilities here, humans with shovels and baskets removing the mountain top seems about as possible as the AA. I am not sure past that.

3. The holes with pottery in them. The shape has a low probability of being random. It seems like the holes make a texture versus a flat line. Perhaps this was the next stage in the figure making but proved too costly? Last in a series? A different foreman? Was the pottery ritualistic? My way-out-there idea: perhaps the pots were filled with oil and burned at night.??????

4. I have yet to see any shapes or figures which could not be completed without the use of rudimentary proto-surveying techniques. No need to be able to see them from the air. HOWEVER, why make them? No one on the ground could see/appreciate/understand them. Even if one were to climb a nearby high point, the figures would be skewed as the view is not directly overhead.

I am not dead set against the AA idea but not totally sold on it either. If aliens came to Earth, why could they not have come back then? Could they have left evidence in the form of these removed mountain tops? Sure. Could have humans have done it on their own? Sure. Ergo, my indecision.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

ABNARTY
2. The shaved mountain tops would have required a lot of work to make happen.

I have no issues with what you've replied with except the above sentence. The tops appear to be cleared of the pinnacle. Where is the debris from the clearing? Second, if they were really that advanced why would it be difficult for them to remove it? Theoretically they weren't on the clock. They had all the time in the world.

Unless you were referring to the natives themselves. I see no reason why couldn't an advanced race be able to remove the top.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join