It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Missile Cruiser "Moskva" with Destroyers And Frigates heads for Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
In , what must be direct orders from Putin, the naval pride and lethal missile cruiser, Slava (Glory) Moskva, is now steaming on full speed (32 knots) towards Syria. Slava Moskva, is the lead ship of the Project 1164 Atlant class of guided missile cruisers in the Russian Navy

It is accompanied by Destroyers, Fregats and a couple of nuclear Typhoon class subs . It seems Putin means business and is determined to face Obamas cards on the middle east poker table.

UK has already dispatched 6 RAF Typhoon jet fighters to Cyprus which means Cameron wants to fight despite the massive Nay vote in Parliament.

This can end very badly, folks. One slight accidental fired missile, lets say from the Israelis or even a drunk russian can start WW3 in a flash.

It seems we are steaming towards a 21st century cuba crisis here and it aint JFK behind the commander in chief desk this time...

more info here

and here

edit on 4-9-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is quickly becoming another Cuban Missle Crisis. I believe that Russia is very serious about Syria. They have let things go in the past, but Syria is different. With their own people manning air defense stations, it only seems plausible that they would take a threat to attack such systems by the US, seriously.

My hope, is that we do not attack. I believe this is quickly getting out of hand...
edit on 4-9-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
It is accompanied by Destroyers, Fregats and a couple of nuclear Typhoon class subs

So why would Russia be sending SSBN's - who do they plan to nuke?

Putin really wants a war by the sound of it!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

It is accompanied by Destroyers, Fregats and a couple of nuclear Typhoon class subs

Don´t shoot the messenger, dude. I just bring the news.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

So the US Gvt and their allied puppies on a leash don't want a war then?

They started this whole mess in opening their gobs and dabbling in business that does not concern them if i am not wrong no?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Who really wants war? A nation that is sending military to help stop the civil war becoming bigger or the nation that had a hand in starting the civil war like America that wants to escalate the war by attacking Syria.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Nice ship, well what did you aspect, how many ships has the US send so far? I think the last ACC was one ship to many.

I don't think this will end badly, at this point i'm just thinking that we are heading indeed for a cold war scenario. Something to distract.

I do think Syria is key in a series of unfolding events, but where it lies, time will tell.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

i agree with you! for what? for who?
clinnkkkk...aha its for israel..nuke the nearest first! yeah i know it..

+41 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You spelled OBAMA wrong....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've always believed an educated Man/Woman foregoes War. It just amazes me in today's time and space that people still act violent. And by educated people I'm talking of those that we elect into office.

If you don't give me what I want I'm kicking your ass. That's what children do or those lacking in a proper education... Right? ( don't answer that! Total sarcasim... lol)
edit on 4-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Correct

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I've always believed an educated Man/Woman foregoes War. It just amazes me in today's time and space that people still act violent. And by educated people I'm talking of those that we elect into office.

Iff you don't give me what I want I'm kicking your ass. That's what children do or hose lacking in a proper education... Right? ( don't answer that! Total sarcasim... lol)

The people that call the shots and start the wars don't mind..... they're not in the line of fire!

This whole situation is escalating quickly and could get really ugly fast.

This sucks.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I don't think you can look at it that black and white, at this point its the only "accepted" way we have to advance as race.

Look what WW2 gave is return for 4 years of misery, some could say that was a little price for what we got in return.

Imagine if WW3 would break out now or in 10 years. How quick our world would change. One world government, once currency.

IF we as mankind want to reach the stars we will need some drastic change such as population reduction, get the people to look beyond geography and borders.

That is if we would want such a future.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
This is quickly becoming another Cuban Missle Crisis. I believe that Russia is very serious about Syria. They have let things go in the past, but Syria is different. With their own people manning air defense stations, it only seems plausible that they would take a threat to attack such systems by the US, seriously.

My hope, is that we do not attack. I believe this is quickly getting out of hand...
edit on 4-9-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

According to the Russian press agency, the Russian Navy continues stage-by-stage rotation of warships and support ships of the standing naval force in the Mediterranean. Having passed through the Bosporus and Dardanelles straits, the big landing ships will reach the designated area in the Mediterranean Sea on September 5 or 6 to start their mission under the command of the remote zone headquartered onboard the big anti-submarine ship of the Russian Pacific Fleet Admiral Panteleyev.

Currently, according to the Russian defence ministry, one of the key tasks of the Russian standing naval force in the Mediterranean is indepth monitoring over the air, underwater and surface situation in the zone of its deployment, adding that the rotation of Russian warships in the Mediterranean Sea would continue till mid-September.

Should Obama fail to understand the Russians or try a move against Assad, this is what could happen very easily and from a vast range of missile batteries of leathal S300 and S400 or even P-800 super fast and super leathal Yakhonts (the so called, "undelivered".. nodge..nodge..blink blink) :

A dozen of these P-800 Yakhonts could zero in on Nimitz and Truman, at speeds up to Mach 2.5 or around Mach 8.5 for later models. One missile can be launched every three seconds. The mobile control centre is able to manage up to 12 TELs simultaneously.

I would be very, very nervous if I were a US sailor on one of these ships right now, trying to start another war for the sake of our dear military industrial complex and their representatives in the White House and Senate.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If Obama and Putin want to fight so freaking bad let them settle it in the ring. SIck murderous bastards

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

There is definitely reason to worry. I think if people have not stocked up on extra supplies; now is the time to do so.

Also too...I think there is going to be major civil unrest.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What if Putin shows up with his Destroyer, launches an attack against Syria and then tells the US, THIS is how it is done. Then, since they are there they 'occupy' and tell the US to suck wind. Leave. What can Israel do? Nothing. Remember, the Russians have a lot invested in Iran also. Troops and scientists. They do not want the US in the ME anymore than any of the other players. China needs oil and resources. Hell, the NK and China could make a move in the Pacific and we could not do a thing we are stretched so thin. The US cannot sustain a war..without a draft???

Obama waited and in a theater this large, you cannot. Like the bully who says he is going to beat everyone's ass and when he gets called out he hides..or plays golf. It is not about fear but the respect the US used to have in the world. Send your cruise missiles while your people are starving, out of work and hate your government. Kind of sounds like a larger version of NK but we are mostly fooled because we have the internet, Starbucks and Honey Boo reruns.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Mankind is a warlike race, even under a one world rule, we would still be at war but this time it would be against the haves and have nots. The rich and the poor. Humans evolve through conflict. Through this conflict breeds evil leaders.

How long would it take man kind to get past all the re-education camps and the thought police before we reached the stars?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpy
reply to post by Senduko

Mankind is a warlike race, even under a one world rule, we would still be at war but this time it would be against the haves and have nots. The rich and the poor. Humans evolve through conflict. Through this conflict breeds evil leaders.

How long would it take man kind to get past all the re-education camps and the thought police before we reached the stars?

(science fiction mode on. Leonard Nimoy voice, on)

"It is my belief that this race, unless it changes its ways, and innovate a new form of co-existence, will not be allowed to head for, and reach the stars. We would be considered a dangerous virus to our closes neighbours and like such, be exterminated for the good of the rest of the galaxy." (science fiction mode off, Leonard Nimoy voice on, but in bed with wife...).

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

I did not say I support this way of thinking, Like I said this is the accepted way "how we would advance" trough conflict.

Ty for the reply

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

If you go down under you should say "Fascinating" LMAO

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join