It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation Tom Carey Companion Thread of Q's & Answers to this point

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8
I think the Q&A format should be a little simplier. Something like this below so we can focus on the question and answer clearly without all of the characters. But maybe I'm missing something in the format you're setting up.

The more I've looked again at your examples, perhaps the QUESTION and ANSWER are sufficient CUES for the beginning of each. YET, I still have an urge, a yearning, a need for a different character line at the beginning of each pairing. Let me see what this looks like:

------------------------------------------------

QUESTION
Zanti Misfit - 3/9/2013 @ 10:21
Assuming …that it was Not a Weather Balloon Nor an Extraterestrial Craft …what Other Possible Explanation could there be Sir?

ANSWER
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Tom Carey -
Good question. We have over the years investigated every possibility e.g., a V2 rocket, fighter planes, experimental aircraft such as the Chance-Vaught "Flying Flapjack" and the Norhtrup "Flying Wing" and have come up empty. The Air Force also did the same in its 1993-1997 re-examination of the Roswell case and also came up empty for alternative explanations of Roswell, save for the rediculous "roject Mogul and anthropomorphic dummies "explanations."

------------------------------------------------

QUESTION

Junkheap - 3/09/2013 @ 10:17
Do you think there's any connection between the Roswell Crash and the use of Nuclear Weapons on Japan during World War II? Do you think that has anything to do with why they came here?

ANSWER
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Tom Carey -
Another good question. My own personal opinion is that, yes, there is a connection here. The first A-bombs were detonated in 1945, and tests were conducted with them going forward from there. Ditto the Soviet Union which conducted its first test in 1949. The Modern Age of UFOs burst upon the scene in the summer of 1947, right after WW II was concluded. So, in my opinion, the phenomen had something to do woth both the war and the onset of the nuclear age.

-------------------------------------------------

Much appreciate your helpful efforts.

edit on 6/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: changed quote parameters to see what it looked like without quote bar

edit on 6/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: playing with question color cue codes

edit on 6/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tweaking

edit on 6/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tweaking QUESTION color

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
It seems to me, in light of your post and research, that we'd do well to ask for default colors for both backgrounds to be embedded in the software rewrite.

Would you please be willing to come up with a handful of color numbers that would accomplish my two goals?
I'm glad you found the research helpful.

As I said, I'm satisfied with white on black or black on white, so I'm not sure why I should be doing any more color research than I already have.

Besides, I've provided you with the tools to objectively assess color contrast choices, and since you're the one who has, (how did you put it?) 'a strong bias for using color', then it seems to me like you should be the one to satisfy your strong bias...however I would give you some feedback if you wanted to propose some suggestions, but since my feedback would be strongly influenced by the contrast calculator, you probably already know what it would be. It doesn't cover everything, like the known problems with blue/red contrast, but since ATS won't use a blue or red background I think the contrast indicator should work for most colors. And there are many, many colors on that list in Loam's thread that show up way better than the limited options we have with ATS v5.3, which I'm getting the feeling more and more is a big step backwards for this site.

One idea could be to somehow come up with "inverse colors", like if using yellow on dark background, maybe the inverse of that could be brown on a light background. This would at least partially solve the problem of colors not contrasting well on both backgrounds. But I'd have no idea what to do with say lime green that's somewhere in the middle I think. Here again though I'm not motivated to put a lot more time into this since I'm biased to stick with black and white, but if you want to pursue it I won't try to dissuade you.

It would be a lot easier if everyone just uses the dark background, but it seems like the site owners like the light background for some strange reason I don't get, so I guess we have to allow for that option.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for your kind reply. I understand. Don't blame you on the motivation.

I just happen to be in a very pressed, full plate state. My 91 year old Dad appears to be failing more rapidly than I'd realized and it's really jolted me. And, I have a number of other screaming projects around the place and in my personal life which are more than nagging at me.

ATS is a priority a socializing comfort and an escape, in some respects. Yet, if I get toooo immersed in tedious detail, I start feeling guilty about a lot of other tedious detail I'm neglecting. LOL.

I haven't wrapped my mind sufficiently around how to use your source, link, resource vis a vis the contrastor etc. Sorry.

I wouldn't want you to bother more than was comfortable, fulfilling for you. I appreciate all your input.

I agree about the dark background. I understand that the off white background is reportedly better on the mobile devices in some brighter lighting situations . . . though that sounds counter-intuitive, to me. I don't use my very basic tracfone for more than calls and txting. And I don't connect with my Kindle Fire for more than downloading books. LOL.

I'll probably leave soonish for my day at pottery. Will ponder your suggestions and motivate myself to try and understand better your link and resource. THX THX.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

For some reason . . . and I don't think it's just subjective . . .

The RED "QUESTION" stands out better than the yellow one calling out

HERE'S THE QUESTION

and the LIME GREEN certainly stands out better than the yellow calling out in a color cue

HERE'S THE ANSWER

PARTICULARLY ON A FAST SCROLL through pages of text but also on a slow scroll.

I think that illustrates also why I think the colors are better than the mere bolded off-white text.

However, against that background . . . there seems to be a kind of . . . what . . . muddying interference effect between the color of the red text against that particular frequency of background??? The edges of the letters don't appear as crisp, clear as I'd prefer.

edit on 6/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tweaking

edit on 6/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tweaking still

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I haven't wrapped my mind sufficiently around how to use your source, link, resource vis a vis the contrastor etc. Sorry.
There's not much to get. In one box you enter the background color which I gave you in the post with the link to it, for the dark color.

Then from Loam's post, click on "quote" and you can see the 6 character code for each color. Any light color would look good on a dark background, like pastel colors if you know what those are. So find a light blue for example, enter it in the other box on the contrast calculator, and it should give you a result like 6, well above the 4.5. The higher the better obviously...while 4.5 is the minimum acceptable I'd strive for more readable higher values maybe in the 6-7 range, though 8 of yellow is great.

You'd need to do the same thing for light background and darker colors...I didn't find the color for that yet but it may be in loam's post.

IF Skeptic Overlord agrees to do the color inversion thing when people switch from dark to light background, then you could have say light green on dark background, going to dark green on light background, etc. when people make the switch, but SO doesn't seem very receptive to keeping more color choices.

reply to post by BO XIAN

The interference as you call it is probably "chromatic aberration" Remember I said before there was a problem with using blue and red next to each other? Here's why:

Chromatic Aberration

When you use the colors red and blue you get this effect to a diminished amount even on a dark background. Notice red and blue don't focus in the same place as green.

You may be interested to know that the human eye lens exhibits chromatic aberration. Fortunately, a yellow pigment in the fovea called the macula lutea helps to protect us from this problem. Yellow pigments absorb blue light.
This is the science behind why people were saying the blue looks so hideous,and it's also part of the reason why the teal looks better, as it's closer to a central focal plane than the blue. As you can see, green is in the middle, and yellow isn't shown but it's close to the middle too which is why it's more readable than red or blue. Red is in the opposite side of a neutral focal plane from blue, so if you put red and blue next to each other, it can be hard to focus on both depending on how they are displayed, but even against a neutral background the difference is enough to make the red look unfocused as you noted.

By the way, the contrast calculator is a readability index, not an attention getting index....of course red is attention getting even if it may not be as readable as some other colors. They are different parameters.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Does no one see it?

This thread has been TOTALLY jacked by tghe whole word color thing.

LOL. No no one is coming to it to read the content because the thread has devolved into some werird editors symposium.

Ah well. Plenty else to read. This dude (the Ask-me-anything guy, not the guy who is collating the "answers") hasn't told us anything any way.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

THX TONS. Much appreciate your elaborations. I didn't get that heavily into vision in our physiological and perception courses.

Will try to follow your instructions sometime this weekend.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

1. I started the thread to be a contributive reference sort of supplement to the main AMA thread. I think it has served that role well for many.

2. I also started it so it could be an easily scrollable condensed thread FOR REFERENCE containing mostly the questions and answers. After I finish loading the last of Tom's Q&A's onto the thread, it can certainly fill that role.

3. The color thing could certainly go to its own thread. However, those most interested are likely or were likely on this thread and given that it was about HOW to make THIS type thread most readable and scrollable easiest and quickest in terms of searching for the ANSWERS content . . . it seemed a bit fitting to have that discussion here. No offense intended at all.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thank you for compiling all the answers, BO XIAN!

Makes it so much easier to read, instead of having to go through all of the questions and posts in the original thread. I really appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
NOTE: a few of the obvious spelling/typo errors in TC's answers were corrected. The original exact text is in the AMA thread.

PAGE 20 OF THE AMA THREAD
= = =

QUESTION 48 by SonoftheSun
posted on 3/9/2013 @ 11:30

So we are talking of a "nuts and bolts" type of vessel, hence the wiring.

My question:

Where are those now? While the silver saucer type was prevalent in the 50s, 60s and parts of the 70s, all we presently see in our skies now are either plasma occurrences or dots of light. No more silver saucer type.

So...what happened
?

tc ANSWER by Tom Carey

The Roswell remains were analyzed and stored at Wright-Patterson AFB for 35 years until the early 1980s. They were then relocated to perhaps Area 51 and/or other locations where they remained for a period of time. Witnesses have told us that they are now in Florida, California, etc. Col. George Weinbrenner, who was head of the Foreign Technology Division at Wright-Patterson in parts of the 1970s and 1980s, stated that the bodies had been taken to [Dugway] Utah. FTD was the Intelligence Division at Wright-Patterson responsible for the analysis and handling of "foreing technology," which the Roswell wreckage certainly was.
= = =

QUESTION 49 by ZeroReady
posted on 3/9/2013 @ 11:31

How about Annie Jacobson's book, Area 51: An Uncensored History? She says she interviewed plenty of folks who worked with the Groom Lake crash, even an engineer who actually handled the remains. The last part of her book got every one upset because she claimed that the craft was Russian, crewed by surgically altered children, drawing from Nazi medical research.

She concludes it was a plot by the Russians to drum up fear in the US.

Do you think she made up the last chapter or is something being covered up? Her book got lots of publicity, especially for how poorly it was written

ANSWER by Tom Carey

Annie Jacobson's book about Area 51 went off the rails when she tired to explain away the Roswell crash as a plot hatched by Josef Stalin, with the help of the Nazi concentration camp "Angel of Death," Dr. Joseph Mengele, to scare the Americans. According to Jacobsonn's single source, According to the scenario, Mengele provided Stalin with small children who had been deformed by his hand and who were placed in a Horten brothers-designed aircraft, which was then somehow crashed in New Mexico.
The entire scenario is ridiculous on its face on many levels, the primary one being that it is a fact that Joseph Mengele escaped the hangman after the war by making his way to South America where he lived out the remainder of his life until dying of old age. The source for Jacobson's Roswell chapter was located and interviewed. He denied the story. I believe that Jacobson included the story to add some "juice" to her book
[some spelling corrections only]
= = =

QUESTION 50 by RLFonline
posted on 5/9/2013 @ 07:50

here
Have you ever been pointed in the direction of 'key witnesses' that holds vital information - Roswell Crash. Only for them to be untraceable... Presuming the government following up there warnings and to add: Do you believe the government killed any major key witnesses
?

ANSWER by Tom Carey

Dear RLFonline - I know I'm not supposed to answer a question with just a "yes" or a "no," but the answer to all of your questions is, "yes."

= = =

QUESTION 51 by AudioOne
posted on 5/9/2013 @ 07:16

here
In these reports it is sometimes stated that there were strange markings along the length of some of the inside of the craft. From your research has there been any valid conjecture at what these markings looked like. Obviously chances are it would not resemble any known human script, but in character did it slightly resemble any known script
?

ANSWER by Tom Carey

Jesse Marcel, Sr. and Jesse Marcel, Jr., both of whom saw strange symbols along the inner length of an "I-beam" piece of wreckage, attempted to draw them from memory. Experts were enlisted to try to decipher them. You are right, they resembled no known script that anyone recognized

= = =

Out of characters. Continued next post

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
= = =

ao QUESTION 51 by AudioOne
posted on 5/9/2013 @ 07:16

here
In these reports it is sometimes stated that there were strange markings along the length of some of the inside of the craft. From your research has there been any valid conjecture at what these markings looked like. Obviously chances are it would not resemble any known human script, but in character did it slightly resemble any known script
?

tc ANSWER by Tom Carey

Jesse Marcel, Sr. and Jesse Marcel, Jr., both of whom saw strange symbols along the inner length of an "I-beam" piece of wreckage, attempted to draw them from memory. Experts were enlisted to try to decipher them. You are right, they resembled no known script that anyone recognized

= = =

up QUESTION 52 by ultrapain
posted on 5/9/2013 @ 09:47

Intelligent life exists elsewhere. That is a mathematical fact. The most interesting UFO cases are not even American. Too much noise.

[BoX note: Uhhhh, no, that’s not a mathematical fact. It is a dogma spewed by the acolytes of a certain popular religion. Stanton Friedman shreds the Drake equation because of the several UNKNOWN and currently unknowable variables.]

tc ANSWER by Tom Carey

It is agreed by most scientists that other intelligent life in the universe is a mathmatical certainty. The divide occurs on the question of whether any of that "other life in the universe" has visited our plant

= = =

i QUESTION 53 by interupt42

posted on 5/9/2013 @ 08:57

here
1. Besides verbal accounts and witness accounts , are you aware of any physical proof or other type of evidence that might still be in the public hands?

2. Have you yourself seen or held any physical proof that is clearly non terrestrial ?

3. Do you believe or know if its gov't procedure to classify alien contact or technology as a protocol to ensure that the technology or knowledge does not fall in the wrong hands or our enemies? If so , do you agree than gov't UFO disclosure would be highly unlikely or by force
?

tc ANSWER by Tom Carey

1. Yes, I am aware of alleged physical evidence claimed [not "proof"] to have come from the Roswell crash. These have allegedly been analyzed , etc. and found to possess structural characteristics at the isotopic level that are of "non-earthly origin." That's what I've been told. I have not seen or held these in my hand myself.
Since these have been around for years, I assume that nothing has come of them.

2. The Air Force has or used to have a JANAP reg for the handling of UFO reports. I don't know if there were provisions for the handling of physical evidence or not.

3. The "Disclosure" enthusiasts will be disappointed, as there will be no "Disclosure" now or ever, unless something out of its control happens that reveals the truth on its own. The recent CIA "admissions" regarding Area 51 made no mention of UFOs
= = =

END OF Q&A FROM THE ORIGINAL AMA THREAD PAGE 20

Note: I don't know why the system was inconsistent in its application of colors per the BB color coding. Sometimes lower case letters immediately after the BB code seems to help and sometimes not.

I plan to chip away at posting the rest of TC's Q&A until they are all on this reference thread for easy scrolling and focus.

edit on 7/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Note: I don't know why the system was inconsistent in its application of colors per the BB color coding. Sometimes lower case letters immediately after the BB code seems to help and sometimes not.
I didn't check every case where color failed but I checked a few and noticed at least three reasons why color may have failed:
1. some nesting out of order. It's supposed to be nested like this:

color bold text end-bold end-color

Notice the same two tag types are supposed to be closest to the text. Not like this:

bold color text end-bold end-color

This may be the problem in longer posts.

2. I also noticed in one post you simply forgot to insert the [ /color ] tag.

3. There may also be certain characters that break bbcode. Someone said the apostrophe breaks it. Let's see:

at this point,

There have been no further Tom Carey replies. I'll try and update this evening, after there have been. Cheers
If you look at your original post, the color is broken, at least it is for me, as seen here:

The first time I posted that as a quote it was also broken like your original, but then I edited my post and it fixed itself...strange. It seems to be buggy or inconsistent.
edit on 8-9-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

MUCH appreciated.

Yeah, it's inconsistent. And usually, it will be fine in PREVIEW and not work when posted. Sigh.

Also, capital letters immediately after the ] will tend to break it. As will almost any punctuation either close to the ] or maybe even in the first line. Hard to tell at times.

THX THX.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
PAGE 21 FROM THE ORIGINAL Q&A THREAD

QUESTION 54 by rickymouse
posted on 5/9/2013 @ 12:46

I'm looking for what your gut instinct created from all this research. I know this is speculation, but with 22 years of research on this, I feel that your opinion is worth trusting in. I have only read maybe twenty articles on Roswell over the years, so I haven't made an opinion yet. A person who has done as much research as you have should have created a pretty good opinion of the matter. I feel that your gut instinct is what I want to know, I do not need to know the particulars that much.

So do you feel that these flying saucers are man made or are they of some different species of being. Next question would have to be...Do you feel that if these are a different species of beings, are they extraterrestrial in origin or are they from this planet. I know a person of your knowledge on the subject likes to state evidence instead of saying what you think because it is easier to protect your reputation when there is evidence to back your statements. If you don't like to give opinions on the matter, I understand

ANSWER by Tom Carey

Based upon all of my education, training and years of research on the subject, in my mind the evidence strongly suggests an ET origin for those UFOs that we consider to be "manned" vehicles. My mind is still open to a possiblity that they are "us" from the future. That's just a "gut feeling," however. The is zero chance that they are "man-made" in the earthly sense, in my opinion

= = =

QUESTION 55 by Raizekas
posted on 5/9/2013 @ 10:52

Just wanted to ask one random question, which popped into my mind few days ago. Do you think there is any possibility that Roswell case could be a cover-up hoax, made by government to cover up some real stuff.

I mean, what I want to say is, what if some UFO landed somewhere else and they wanted to be so secret that not even a sound about it would go off. So they created a popular hoax story and let it "leak", so that the real story would dissapear in the shadows of the hoax.

ANSWER BY Tom Carey

Your not too far off in your theory. Rumors of a "crash with little bodies" north of town spread around Roswell very quickly. The Air Force decided on a cover-up and needed to kill the story in the public's mind and the media as quickly as possible. So they set-up a "straw-man" story for the press that they had "captured a flying saucer" then took it away by pulling the rug out from under Jesse Marcel with the weather balloon lie. This left everyone scratching their heads and feeling stupid for believing the flying saucer story in the first place. the media were only too happy to relegate it to the circular file

= = =

QUESTION 56 by SloAnPainful
posted on 5/9/2013 @ 13:18

With that being said Tom, do you think these could have been ET drones, or do you believe there were bodies that were found at the crash site
?

= = =

QUESTION 57 by skussta
posted on 4/9/2013 @ 21:41

Whats your opinion on cattle mutilation and alien breeding programs

ANSWER by Tom Carey

I am not into the abduction phenomenon, so I cannot give you an opinion one way or the other regarding the claims of aliens breeding with humans. Regarding the cattle mutilations, I believe that longitudinal studies are being carried out by some governmental entity to study cattle that now graze in the areas down-wind from where the A-bomb tests were carried conducted in the late 1940s and later

RAN OUT OF CHARACTERS. CONTINUED NEXT POST.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
CONTINUED PAGE 21 Q&A FROM ORIGINAL AMA THREAD:

QUESTION 58 by Laxpla
posted on 4/9/2013 @ 18:33

- Why have you ruled out a man-made object? We see crashes all the time with experimental aircraft, so it's not like it's uncommon.

I know you may be think I'm bull#ting and that's perfectly fine, but I have a extremely credible friend who works on things in the black world and he offered some very cool insight that makes perfect sense on what the aircraft is. Now, when I say credible I'm not talking about what Alex Jones considers credible, I'm talking about for real credible. I for one, do not believe almost any of the conspiracy's on this forum and only believe something when I'm presented something with solid evidence. I never doubted this guy in any other subject because he backs his information with facts and hardcore evidence. He is very respected and looked up to because of his intelligence and his experience with classified projects.

Not really telling you you're wrong, but was just wondering why you're 99.9% sure it's extraterrestrial beings

ANSWER by Tom Carey

I am 99.9% sure about roswell being ET because there has not been another theory or explanation posited that explains the known data as well

END OF Q&A FROM PAGE 21 OF THE ORIGINAL AMA THREAD

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sorry to hi-jack the thread again. But, the different colors in the same Q&A seem to be too much visual information. It makes it confusing and your eye wanders all over the place. Instead of using yellow for question and lime for answers in the same Q&A, why not alternate? 51 yellow Q&A, [color=lime]52 lime Q&A, 53 yellow Q&A etc. Like below. But then again, maybe I'm the one complicating it. The mods need to delete this thread so you can start a new one with just the Q&A's.

51 - QUESTION
AudioOne posted on 5/9/2013 @ 07:16
In these reports it is sometimes stated that there were strange markings along the length of some of the inside of the craft. From your research has there been any valid conjecture at what these markings looked like. Obviously chances are it would not resemble any known human script, but in character did it slightly resemble any known script?

-------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER
Tom Carey
Jesse Marcel, Sr. and Jesse Marcel, Jr., both of whom saw strange symbols along the inner length of an "I-beam" piece of wreckage, attempted to draw them from memory. Experts were enlisted to try to decipher them. You are right, they resembled no known script that anyone recognized.

52 - QUESTION
[color=lime]ultrapain posted on 5/9/2013 @ 09:47
Intelligent life exists elsewhere. That is a mathematical fact. The most interesting UFO cases are not even American. Too much noise.

[BoX note: Uhhhh, no, that’s not a mathematical fact. It is a dogma spewed by the acolytes of a certain popular religion. Stanton Friedman shreds the Drake equation because of the several UNKNOWN and currently unknowable variables.]

[color=lime]-------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER
[color=lime]Tom Carey
It is agreed by most scientists that other intelligent life in the universe is a mathmatical certainty. The divide occurs on the question of whether any of that "other life in the universe" has visited our plant

53 - QUESTION
interupt42 posted on 5/9/2013 @ 08:57
1. Besides verbal accounts and witness accounts , are you aware of any physical proof or other type of evidence that might still be in the public hands?

2. Have you yourself seen or held any physical proof that is clearly non terrestrial ?

3. Do you believe or know if its gov't procedure to classify alien contact or technology as a protocol to ensure that the technology or knowledge does not fall in the wrong hands or our enemies? If so , do you agree than gov't UFO disclosure would be highly unlikely or by force?

-------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER
Tom Carey
1. Yes, I am aware of alleged physical evidence claimed [not "proof"] to have come from the Roswell crash. These have allegedly been analyzed , etc. and found to possess structural characteristics at the isotopic level that are of "non-earthly origin." That's what I've been told. I have not seen or held these in my hand myself.
Since these have been around for years, I assume that nothing has come of them.

2. The Air Force has or used to have a JANAP reg for the handling of UFO reports. I don't know if there were provisions for the handling of physical evidence or not.

3. The "Disclosure" enthusiasts will be disappointed, as there will be no "Disclosure" now or ever, unless something out of its control happens that reveals the truth on its own. The recent CIA "admissions" regarding Area 51 made no mention of UFOs.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

Thanks for your input.

Why not?

Wellllllllllllllllllll, my own bias is that

it is more FUNCTIONAL when scrolling, particularly more than slow scrolling . . . to have

one color

to WATCH FOR regarding the main thing you are looking for.

That's the way I search and that's the way I believe most folks search.

We look for CUES to signal when we have found or are close to finding what we are looking for.

in THAT regard--looking for CUES is greatly helped by

SPECIFIC COLOR CUES tailored, wedded to specific TYPES of searched-for-objects

The yellow YIELD signs on the highways are a good example, as are the RED !STOP! signs. One only has to see a blur of the respective color to know what the sign is likely signaling.

Yes, some folks take more time and practice than other folks in getting used to or becoming comfortable with such a wealth of cues.

And, some of us CRAVE THEM, NEED THEM, GREATLY APPRECIATE them. They save us time, struggle, anxiety, hassle, annoyance A LOT. And in this era, any saving avoiding more annoyance, hassle, anxiety IS MOST WELCOME and at some point . . . life giving, stress relieving.

Yes, I'm aware that some folks react to color as a stress. I have found that MOST such with some practice and an attitude adjustment can learn to enjoy the color and remove it as a stressor and add it as an aid, even a relaxing cue.

Anyway--that's my 2 cents.

I doubt the thread will be deleted and a totally COMPILATION thread began unless a particular mod wants to bother. Either way is OK by me.

if a mod wants to ask me to post a new thread with strictly the Q&A's without any other commentary and another strictly on the color discussion, I'd be happy to try and get around to that--they'd just need to ask.

I'm going to try and compile and upload the remainder of Tom Carey's responses shortly.

edit on 8/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tag fix

edit on 8/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
BEGINNING OF Q&A FROM PAGE 22 OF THE TOM CAREY AMA

Note: I changed the color cue for the QUESTIONS to Pink because I don't think the Yellow will work well on the new system's whitish background.

QUESTION 59 by skcussta
posted on 3/9/2013 @ 11:58

I have a question do u believe in God or some kind of higher being?

tc ANSWER by Tom Carey

Do I believe in God or a higher being. When I was younger and in graduate school, no one, including myself, believed in God or at least admitted to such a belief. But the older I get, and realizing my own mortality, I think - like most people - you start hoping that there is a benevolent God or a higher being who will welcome you into the hereafter. I know that I look forward to the Christmas season more and more as each year passes by. It's something I can't explain - the feeling of joy and happiness and peace that takes control at that time of year. I can't explain

= = =

QUESTION 60 by Maverick7
posted on 6/9/2013 @ 06:15

Again, appreciate Tom's presence and comments, but this is just the kind of comment we hear all the time with nothing to back it up.

How does one get 'education' on UFO/ET technology? How does one get 'training' relevant to UFO/ET technology? How does one 'research' a field that consists entirely of 'stories'.

Unfortunately, though perhaps the questions were inadequate, I see nothing on this thread that gives us anything on the Roswell 'Incident' that we didn't know already.

tc ANSWER by Tom Carey

Playing word games, are we? There at least one in every barrel. By "education" and "training" I was referring to my formal education and the training that went along with it, which included my stint in the military. And one can research historical accounnts, which you demean as being just "stories," for their veracity and context regarding the subject at hand. In case you missed it, in courts of law credible testimony is considered "evidence," which has sent many a criminal to their ultimate fate.

= = =

END OF ORIGINAL AMA THREAD PAGE 22

actually, THIS IS THE END OF TOM CAREY'S REPLIES TO ANY QUESTIONS. IF he includes some others, I'll *TRY* to add them to the end of those asked.

Blessings and thanks to all who appreciated this effort. Thanks for your patience with the color experiments and color discussions

edit on 8/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: trying to fix tag bug results

edit on 8/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: ditto

edit on 8/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
NOTE:

I understand it's wiser and more kosher to revise an existing thread than begin a new one. My error.

When I learn how to go about that, I'll try and continue to edit, cleanse this compilation of all but the QUESTIONS and ANSWERS at the beginning of it.

I'll also try and standardize the Color CUES and correct the #'d sequence of Questions.

If workable, I'll try and put the posts already on it, at the end of the Q&A. If the mods want otherwise, of course, I'll comply.

Am beginning to get tired to doubt this will occur quickly even if I were to learn more in the next 48 hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join