It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Calls for World Day of Prayer/Fasting for Peace in Syria - Sept 7th

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
*** SHAMELESS BUMP ****

Reminder to folks of prayer and faith ... Pope Francis has called for a world day of prayer
for tomorrow. if anyone of any faith wishes to join in ... they are welcome to.

Maybe nothing will happen with this ... maybe something.
But it can't hurt.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yeah right. Like a prayer from a Fascist Pope is going to help Syrians that are being beheaded by Western Backed Rebel Terrorists!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The idiots at SEE B.S. are calling the popes call to prayer ... anti-obama and pro-putin. :shk:
(the vatican IS anti-America ... but what this pope is saying isn't)

CBS Laments Popes Religious Street Protest

MARK PHILLIPS: This pope with the common touch has been uncommonly active, lobbying against an attack on Syria. He's used his last two major public appearances in St. Peter's Square to appeal to world leaders – and that primarily means President Obama – not to do it....Pope Francis has followed up his appeal by writing to Vladimir Putin as current president of the G-20. 'Armed conflicts create profound divisions and deep wounds, which require many years to heal,' he said. It must have been music to the Russian president's ears.

The Pope may be taking a moral position, in his mind, but in arguing against military action, he has entered into the world of partisan international politics. He's taken sides.

Hey Mark Phillips ... your ignorance is showing. The pope is ALWAYS on the side of peaceful resolutions. PJPII was against the war in Iraq. That didn't make him pro-Saddam. That made him ANIT-WAR. Get a freak'n clue. :shk:

edit on 9/7/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Yeah right. Like a prayer from a Fascist Pope is going to help Syrians that are being beheaded by Western Backed Rebel Terrorists!

And how exactly is he a 'fascist pope'?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Definition of Fascism

1. often Fascism
a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.

He has control of people. And in turn his Fascist boss Adolpho Nicholas the Jesuit Black Pope has control over him.

Same as our Governments which are also based on Fascism. They have the symbols all over Coins, Notes and places of Government,

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Not really. People voluntarily listen to his guidance. No one is forcing them to be Catholic.
So no. He's not a fascist. (nice try though.
)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well, this is the first bit of fresh air in the midst of calls for imminent military action in Syria. I say imminent, because it will happen with or without public support. However in regards to the Pope's latest message calling for a day of Prayer/Fasting for Peace in Syria? It is a noble gesture, but we people have to procure peace.

Praying to God is not going to miraculously bring the confict to a close, and silence the warmongers. With regard to my understanding of the Almighty, he does not work that way. He encourages us to seek peace amongst ourselves, and as result of one of the greatest gifts ever given to man in our "Free Will." We can choose to seek war or promilgate peace. So supernatural intervention is highly unlikely. With regard to the Pope's call for a day of prayer and fasting? If it brings people closer to one another all the better.

I look upon the Pope's message as being rather par for the course in regards to world affairs. Other Pontiffs have echoed similar statements regarding war. Pope John Paul II was one whom I remember rather recently being staunchly opposed to the Iraq War. Will the day of Prayer/Fasting have any significance? I suppose people of faith will have to decide. Although I do believe Pope Francis's statement is better than a pointed stick. Someone has got to be out there championing peace and an eventual end to the bloody conflict in Syria. I am all for de-escalation and not escalation. Blessed are the peacemakers!
edit on 7-9-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I read Muslims joined Christians in praying for Syria. I do hope and pray they remember when the time comes...

September 15, 2013

message to Pelianito

Jeremiah 30:15 Why do you cry out over your hurt? Your pain is incurable. Because your guilt is great, because your sins are so numerous, I have done these things to you.

“Beloved children, what must I do so that you will turn back to me with all your hearts? My gifts are shunned; my precepts are ridiculed. How long must I put up with this faithless generation? Yet my just wrath is appeased by the little efforts of those who offer reparation. Give no heed to how small your offering is, but give it to me wrapped in the wounds of Jesus and the love of my Mother. Children, sin has purchased annihilation for the world many times over. It is only for the sake of those who try to comfort me, those little souls who love me and cling to me—for their sake alone have I relented from allowing sin to destroy the earth completely. You have seen how unity in prayer and fasting, especially when led by my servant, your Holy Father, how it can change the course of world events and even the laws of nature. Then do not hesitate, but run down the path of unity and fidelity."...

www.pelianito.stblogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Please don't litter this thread with fake apparition messages. Someday you'll see that it only does more harm than good. The subject is Pope Francis calling for a day of prayer for peace in Syria.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
There are very few messages from Heaven that are officially approved by the Church. Sin is so great now, Heaven is speaking to the world through many messengers and more than at any time in Christian history.

The Church is waiting for the prophesied events to take place. The world is close to these divine events happening, most likely in our lifetime. Have faith and believe.

love,

colbe

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join