It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Speech- I Am SO Sick of the Lies!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
you don't mind if some of us don't jump on the anarchy bandwagon, do yah? my sky isn't falling, and I don't live in constant fear. I think members here need to be aware that there are people in this world that would love nothing better than for America and other western countries to collapse from within, and they actively work toward that goal. a healthy dose of skepticism combined with a vigilant populace can continue to keep the checks and balances we need....I'm not naïve enough to believe that there isn't corruption in our government, but there are honest people working every day to correct it. it is those people that we need to support., let's not think that destroying things and killing people solves problems. look at the countries in the middle east, those people wage war against each other to get revenge for something that happened 50, 100, 500, years ago. they are so wrapped up in the hate, and paranoia that little positive action occurs. there is constant suffering and deprivation from actions taken, due to a lack of trust, we do not need to devolve into that.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

most of the hate comes from the right wingers, especially from the religious right. I myself am a christian but not a practicing one. I dislike the official church when I picked up on the ancient astronaut hypothesis and started taking ufos and aliens seriously.

I am not a communist or anarchist, but lets face it croney capitalism on a global scale does not work. In the old days they had tariffs and other protectionist measures, that is what we need to go back to. Each nation protecting its economy and growing it primarily from within, otherwise cheap labor will dictate to business and business will dictate to governments.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by jimmyx

I dislike the official church

All of these foreigners with fake cover stories are fun to laugh at.

We have no "official church" in the US, we have freedom of religion.

Go study up more on US culture before attempting to pretend you are a part of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by jimmyx

I dislike the official church

All of these foreigners with fake cover stories are fun to laugh at.

We have no "official church" in the US, we have freedom of religion.

Go study up more on US culture before attempting to pretend you are a part of it.

Pretending to be part of it? I grew up in new jersey and have lived most of life there. You have a lot of nerve assuming stuff that is plain wrong.

Each religious sect has its own church structure. How many branches of protestantism exist? Then we have the catholic church based on a centralised vatican structure, then we have the orthodox church which I am part of.

People move in and out of countries you know. Sometimes because they want to and some times because they have to. Get over yourself!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap
The American people will revolt.

They will revolt in our military. They will revolt in our politburo. The will revolt in our streets.

Our politburo and intelligence agencies have placed us firmly in a no win situation.

po·lit·bu·ro. noun \ˈpä-lət-ˌbyu̇r ō, ˈpō-lət-, pə-ˈlit-\. Definition of POLITBURO. : the principal policy-making and executive committee of a Communist party.

Merriam Webster definition

Hahahaha
Talk about exposing oneself with an agenda.

Can you think of another term better fitting for the elites calling the shots for both parties in the American political paradigm?

The USSR had three areas of power that were at constant odds with each other:
The Politburo
The Military
The Intelligence Agency

So yes, I am borrowing the language that I think best describes the elites with in the Democrat and Republican parties; which happens to be a term the Soviet Communist Party coined for itself. Again, please tell me what you think is better fitting for these people than politburo.

The only agenda I see is the lack of any substance in your comment; just an empty ad hominem attack.

Talk about exposing oneself with an agenda; obviously you have confidence issues.

Ad hominem volleys are fun, thanks for playing.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

1. This is not about chemical weapon attacks by Assad.

Well, they do have the moral high-ground: chemical weapons are illegal under international law, and the Syrian regime has used them at least 15 times since the war began.

But yes. The world ignored the first 14 attacks because it wasn't important enough to bring to the world's attention. This is probably due to the fact that the powers that be meant to exploit Syria's use of chemical weapons at an appropriate time.

2. Bombing Syria is a BAD idea.

I wouldn't say BAD in capital letters. It's perhaps the least desirable option given the possible consequences of an attack. If Iran stays out - I would be for it. But if Iran does get involved, think of the ramifications from thereon out?

I can absolutely see the temptation America/Israel would have in taking down the Assad regime; this would be GOOD for the region and for Syrians; and when there is peace and stability in the middle east, that serves American long-term interests.

Many people who comment on these subjects really don't appreciate the complexities involved in international politics, and how ultimately events in one country can have a ripple effect in another country. Take America's energy policy; most people wouldn't think the middle east has much to do with it, but they would be wrong. Middle Eastern countries are overly-dependent on oil for their economies. If oil exports go down, national GDP goes down, and those economies reel from the social effects of poverty and under-employment; in the middle east, such an environment is a hotbed for Islamic extremism.

For this reason, it's in our long-term interest to promote economic stability in the middle-east.

I disagree with American involvement simply because I think the risk is just too great. The current path of diplomacy may be slower, and might lead to more deaths in the long-term, but it would at least forestall a major regional war with Iran.

The motives for the US to do this is some sort of strategic decision that involves great risk and we are being lied to, and forced into more War we don't want.

I wouldn't say the people are being "lied to"; they're being told what they can understand: chemical weapons use is illegal. If politicians started discussing long-term issues related to larger geo-political players and why it's good for America to pursue this policy, most people would be left confused.

We live in a complicated world, and to understand it, you have to be accustomed to abstract reasoning. Most people do not have these skills, so, it would be as meaningless to broach this subject with them as it would be to discuss the intricacies of refrigeration technology with someone who wants to be a fridge.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

They will revolt in our military. They will revolt in our politburo. The will revolt in our streets.

Our politburo and intelligence agencies have placed us firmly in a no win situation.

po·lit·bu·ro. noun \ˈpä-lət-ˌbyu̇r ō, ˈpō-lət-, pə-ˈlit-\. Definition of POLITBURO. : the principal policy-making and executive committee of a Communist party.

Hahahaha

Can you think of another term better fitting for the elites calling the shots for both parties in the American political paradigm?

The Politburo
The Military
The Intelligence Agency

So yes, I am borrowing the language that I think best describes the elites with in the Democrat and Republican parties; which happens to be a term the Soviet Communist Party coined for itself. Again, please tell me what you think is better fitting for these people than politburo.

The only agenda I see is the lack of any substance in your comment; just an empty ad hominem attack.

Talk about exposing oneself with an agenda; obviously you have confidence issues.

Your post was calling for revolution in the US streets using communist terminology. It read like a card carrying communist party member bent on fomenting murderous destruction in the streets of America. I'll be cheering for the guys with the water cannons, stun guns and pepper spray. You do the Occupying I'll consume the popcorn in front of my favorite MSM channel watching it fail.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

It's really not that complicated, and what you may call "abstract thinking".......I would call common sense.....War should never be used to stabilize any economy, and if that's what it takes to maintain the status quo, something is terribly wrong to begin with.

Too bad, too sad Israel insists on occupying the "Holy Land", Too bad, too sad America and other countries allow oil companies to dictate policy and squash any technology and attempts to pursue other energy alternatives in our own countries in any meaningful way.

If it boils down to that, in order to keep our standard of living, we have to turn a blind eye to the outright criminals and murders then at least keep it real and say that, spare us the "humanitarian intervention" BS......

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
dp
edit on 3-9-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I couldn't agree with this woman more. Thank you for posting this. It has reinvigorated my fighting spirit. Perhaps America isn't a lost cause. I wonder how many people feel the same way. As the OP stated for himself: this video resonated with every fiber of my person. I'd like to shake that ladies hand.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

We have more power then we know or can even believe, and it's worth fighting for in whatever way we can as individuals....just maybe we can make a "stone soup" out of what seems to be an empty pot...

Absolutely!!!!

In this day and age of instant communication? It's unprecedented the amount of power the American, or any citizen, has now...

Communicate with each other. Communicate with those that we've put in office. Both. As soon as some of us shake off this self-defeating attitude of "we can't win", the changes that we want will happen. But only if we are willing to do the work necessary to make it happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

We've the means at hand. Look at your phone, you've apps that allow instant communications via text, or twitter, or Facebook? You have email. You have snailmail. You've got feet to walk to your neighbors place?

COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER...

Who cares if they're listening? They can't stop us from talking. That's flat impossible. In talking? Ideas will surface. Ideas that enough of us can agree on that we begin working to implement.

The PTB's can not stop that. No phones? No internet? So? We've still got our feet. We've still got our mouths. Geeze, folks, it's not impossible. Not even remotely. We just got to get out and do it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yep.... sick of Obama lies too. Can sympathise with her frustration even though he's not my POTUS.

This is a documented War Crime that crosses Obama's RED line.... oh wait ! That's Obama's Rebels ... it's ok.
Gas Cylinders Mounted on Shells and Fired by FSA Rebel/Terrorist.

Who are these Rebels that Obama wants to support ? Make no mistake America.... he wants you to support rebels with the same ideology that attacked the WTC on 911.
"This footage from May and June 2013 shows battalions from the "Free Syrian Army" (FSA) declaring their unification with al-Qaeda's Jabhat al-Nusra (Nusra Front) in the eastern Damascus suburb of Eastern Ghouta and in Aleppo, both strongholds of the anti-government militants. Although some instances have occurred where clashes between the two groups have taken place, for the most part, the FSA and al-Qaeda unite under the banner of Islamic monotheism."

edit on 3-9-2013 by LexiconV because: spelling

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Obama needs to be impeached immanently! He lied himself into office, he lied to the American people during his first and second term running for office. Obama has no respect for the Constitution or due processes of our laws. Obama has appointed himself King and is carrying out the orders of the World Banking Cartel in destroying America and to create World War III. Folks the fact is, this war for Syria is about the Gas pipe line that will run from Iran through Syria to Germany. The World Bank is angry and greedy because the pipeline is coming from Iran who are trading their oil under the gold standard and not the petrol dollar Not to mention that Iran biggest clients is Russia and China. We The People do not want this war, however we have a Congress that does not work for We The People anymore. The fact is Congress works for the World Banking Cartels. We have no real government.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Do you read?
Do you research?
Do you know what your talking about?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Sad

Insight doesn't cost much it's free , all you need to do is take the blinkers off .

Do you get the feeling that your being left behind, well if you don't you soon will and you'll be eating your popcorn
all by yourself.
I have read most of this thread and you don't seem to be getting the attention you require.
Seems we don't agree with you.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Hahahaha

The Politburo
The Military
The Intelligence Agency

Your post was calling for revolution in the US streets using communist terminology. It read like a card carrying communist party member bent on fomenting murderous destruction in the streets of America. I'll be cheering for the guys with the water cannons, stun guns and pepper spray. You do the Occupying I'll consume the popcorn in front of my favorite MSM channel watching it fail.

My post never called for revolution, I just said it was coming, and sooner than people think. It started with the coup of sorts in our military last Saturday when Obama's order to strike Syria were not followed within the US military chain of command. There was no decision by the President to suddenly seek congressional approval. Good men in uniform stood together and defied what they believed to be an unlawful order as they believed it violated the War Powers Act. That is why this is in front of Congress. The stakes are far greater than most people realize. A revolt is unavoidable; but a very significant part of how that eventuality will end is unfolding right now. If Congress votes down the strike, the world will know that US military balked at the orders of its Commander and Chief, if Congress affirms a strike, world war will follow.

As long as my individual liberties, and the individual liberties of my neighbors, are not infringed upon, I take no sides. What I am saying is that this nation, with the help of its media, politburo, and disengaged populace will in fact face revolution. This nation has become revolting: the people, the politburo, the corporations, the churches, the media, the military, the discourse in internet forums... all of it; this country has been successfully demoralized. I'm not agreeing with the demoralization, just recognizing it. The only out comes are going through an internal civil unrest followed by revolution or being conquered by a foreign power; this much is inevitable. I would have never have chose this, but I wasn't the one who had a say in allowing and not recognizing a demoralization generation gap to be levied on my own generation.

You can call me a butt Occupier, you can me a TEA Bagger, you can call me an anarchist, you can call me a communist, you can call me any name you want in efforts to marginalize the reality you wish to think won't affect you; such is your right and individual liberty, but just like the rest of us you will be presented with the responsibility and culpability of how you exercised your liberty.

That doesn't change the fact that while you may want to watch the US coup on Fox News, MSNBC and CNN that you will find yourself incredibly disappointed as the only thing you will soon be getting is instructions from the EAS. Maybe that will be the reason you revolt, because there's no Pierce Morgan... Though, that's a pretty crappy reason IMHO, but who am I to judge another man's pursuits.

So I digress; judging people over silly internet forums is a pretty asinine thing to do. But I figure people treat others the way they want to be treated, so I oblige you since you wanted to start a discussion where we judge each other.

God bless you.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
thetruthwins.com...

72 TYPES OF AMERICANS, "CONSIDERED POTENTIAL TERRORISTS."

PLEASE MAKE VIRAL.

I am too new, to the site to start a thread :/

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

A suggestion as a protest to the U.S Government.
Where a black arm band to show the mourning for the Death that will occur of the Syrian civilians.
A. This will show the world how many Americans really care what their Government is doing to others.
B. It will show the Syrian people that you are not behind your Governments decision.
C. It will also show the strength and solidarity that the American people have regarding this issue.
D. It will show the lady that made this video that she has the support of her nation and that you are listening and you are aware.
E. It will show your elected officials how many millions of Americans (Voting power) are firmly against attacking Syria
F. It will bring media attention to the peoples disgust at what is about to be performed in their name.
G. It will bring unity of purpose and give a show of "People Power".
H. It will highlight the Zombies.
I. It will cause people to ask why you wear it.

And it may just go world wide.
It could also get businesses involved and adds may appear with someone wearing an arm band.
Don't forget you are also consumers and they always want to look to be in alignment with your views.

Suggested add " Are you serious about Syria".

edit on 5-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: dahhhh keep thinking of things to put in ahhhhhhh

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

"The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions." 2

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm." 3

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

www.threeworldwars.com...

Albert Pike was a 33rd degree scottish rite freemason and sovereign grand master of the southern jurisdiction of the united states. Apparently he had contacts in europe and was tasked with planning all major wars. I think its a horrific conspiracy with horrific evil, and given that the first two went according to plan, look at the current events before you dismiss it.

Even if we dont take any of this seriously the muslim brotherhood is bad news for the entire middle east for reasons I have mentioned too many times to feel like repeating again. Either people pay attention or they are ignorant and push the official controlled nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join