It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Speech- I Am SO Sick of the Lies!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
bookmaking for later reading
edit on 2-9-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

I just bought a one way ticket to a quiet tropical island. I love it here. You rarely ever see any police. There are no stop signs, no parking meters, no gmo, no flouride, no chemtrails, no smart meters, no property taxes, well behaved children, no traffic. no industry, clean air every day, pristine white sand beaches, beautiful clear aqua blue/green water, fresh tropical fruits 360 days a year, very inexpensive.
You can open a gas station in half an hour here. You can sell anything you want without permission / licenses.

I love it here. I saw all of this coming, saw everyone sleeping, while the creeping tyranny accelerated. I tell people to just get out. Short of the military doing an Egyptian coup, things are going to get ugly.

I am truly sorry for all who grew up in the US, and now have to face this horrific situation. Find the Light within. The only thing that is going to really matter is the purity of your soul in the end.

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You cannot win this time, Amerifats.

If you bomb Syria, you secure your world police moniker, BUT you likely start a wider Middle-East conflict. If you do not bomb Syria, you spook the Israelis (*they're already spooked, actually) into doing it themselves and it turns into a wider conflict.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Great video, I feel the same. I'm so sick and tired of our government telling us they're doing it "for us" but are of course doing it for no one else but themselves. I'm so tired of whitsleblowers like Snowden getting the sharp end of the stick trying to EXPOSE what the corrupt government is doing towards us, the people.

I'm sick and tired of Obama telling us that everything is A.O.K. all the time America is crumbling around us. I'm so sick and tired of how we're supposed to go to the aid of all these various countries, but in actuality all we're doing is helping ourselves to whatever they have. Be it oil or political gain. And of course, at the cost of our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters, fathers and mothers at the front lines.

We have people we supposedly elected into power to represent US, the PEOPLE, yet they do nothing but represent themselves and their own interests.

We the people are afraid of our government and it SHOULD be the opposite way around. I love the American government as it once stood, what we have had for the past few decades is a sham and can't hold a candle to what it used to be.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Indepedent

well you should keep it secret because Obama loves carnage terror and all the other bad words in the dictionary.you will give him a new haven to destroy

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The military is doing what they signed up for protecting the country both foreign and domestically. Syria is a problem, innocent people die everyday and Obama gets crapped on because why, he's the only one with the courage to intervene? The guy stands up for those without a voice, that's what he does. How about some respect for the guy once in awhile he's our President. We elected him we should stand by him, and be united.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Apathy is most, if not all, of the problem.

We, as a whole, are too concerned, and I suppose rightfully so, about day to day ephemerals to do our duties as citizens. Which is oversight on our elected officialdom.

I know it's hard to be concerned about things in DC, or anywhere else; when things in our own lives are sometimes getting complicated due to any number of reasons.

Having to pay bills. Having to cloth, and feed, the kids. Obviously those take precedence. I'd be insane to say otherwise.

But when we won't be involved because it cuts into our TV time? Our **ahem** ATS time? Something's definitely wrong.

...and when we do realize something is wrong? All too many of us spend far too much time blaming, instead of fixing... Blame him, it's his fault. Blame him, it's his fault. Blame them, it's their fault... Meanwhile our would be rulers? They're feeding that need to blame, knowing that if we're too busy playing that game, they can do pretty much whatever they want.

For quite literally thousands of years they've played that game... They still do. Why? 'cause it works nearly every time.

Apathy, and willing blindness. With the PTB's snickering all the while.
edit on 9/1/2013 by seagull because: (no reason given)

but what do we do? I know there far more of us than them and as the saying goes "there is strength in numbers" but how does one rally everyone else in the country together?

I know there are plenty of people who are riled up and ready to bring down the leaders but there isnt enough of them.

I agree if everyone did something we could take back our countries but everyone doesnt do something so what do those who want to do something do?

peaceful protests? they get us nowhere the leaders laugh at peaceful protests. they even have laws on how to protest if you want to! so if you do it any other way your a criminal.

violent protests? nope...people dont react in great enough numbers and just get broken down.

maybe take down their computer systems, try and scare them into changing their ways? that doesnt work because the the government convince too many people that these guys are cyber terrorists out to destroy everyones lives.

How about someone on the inside releasing secret info on the corruption? nope...they are blasted with treason and terror charges and hunted down.

its agreed there is too much finger pointing and not enough action...but what action can we take?
edit on 2-9-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by groupgator

Its not Obama at all. Obama is just the "vessel."

I can promise you this though, there isn't any good advice that he's giving to congress or anyone else. This whole thing is already planned, and people better CHOOSE correctly.

Time is running out. Tick...tick...tick.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Everyone knows what the solution is...but, no one is willing to walk that walk.

There are two options.
1. forcible removal (not recommended) -Violence will only ensure more will follow.-
2. The boycott of EVERYTHING. Do not go to work. Do NOT pay taxes. Do NOT buy from Wal-Mart. Do NOT turn on your televisions. DO NOT VOTE. Pull everyone's children from the schools. DO NOT ENLIST to the military. Quit purchasing from corporations altogether. Don't go to the movies. Quit visiting tourist locations. Park your cars and start riding bikes or walking. Use the cars when DISTANCE is a factor. QUIT EATING GENETICALLY MODIFIED MONSTROSITIES. Any institution which the government can tax should be avoided. Any institution which receives TAX EXEMPT statuses should be avoided.

If you want to hit them where it TRULY HURTS, these are the routes to take.

So...there are your solutions.

What are you willing to do???

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Hopefully Neph's post was to point out how absurd this all is....IDK...

One thing I observed in that video that was almost more disturbing then the crazy ladies tantrum was that the car waiting behind her pulls up immediately after she breaks the window and leaves, as if it's just business as usual to get their food......no one tried to intervene that we could see.....apathy is certainly part of the problem.

"Crazy lady's tantrum?" Did I see that correctly, in strung out and broken english?

Define for me, absurd please? What did you find to be absurd about it? You didn't truly state any specifics, nor did you address anything in the post. So, one can only lead themselves to believe that you probably didn't even watch the video, and if you did, it certainly was not to gain anything from the content.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yes, Apathy is a huge part of why we are in the mess we are, but as you rightly pointed out when the most basic needs require the majority of our waking hours it's overwhelming to consider taking on civic duties and responsibilities. Honestly in the years I was raising my child and working for corporate America I don't think I would have ever considered saying and doing the things I am willing to do now at age 50 yrs.

So the question many of us always ask ourselves, is what do we do now? Being relatively new to the "conspiracy" community has been an exercise in re-education that I just didn't have the time, energy or desire to pursue until the past few years. The best answer I can come up with at this point is to use my skill set and demographic to influence things locally, and to use my voice to protest nationally and globally...if social media like FB, ATS, Youtube, infowars, etc. didn't make a difference I don't think so mush energy would be given to monitor, discredit and control them....so I see this as one of our greatest tools to defeat tyranny....and like you said basically " we can't just give up "

Some concerned American voters have chosen to stay involved by being in touch with their elected officials, in particular the president and their senators and representatives. They have written letters, sent telegrams, made telephone calls, and gone in person to the official's office, whether in Washington or in the home state or district. During the past few years, however, a new medium of communication has burst upon the scene and given voters extraordinary power — the power to learn what is going on in their world, to comment on those events, and to work to change the things they don't like. This medium is the Internet, the World Wide Web, the Information Superhighway. Whatever it is called, it is changing politics in America, rapidly and irrevocably.

We have more power then we know or can even believe, and it's worth fighting for in whatever way we can as individuals....just maybe we can make a "stone soup" out of what seems to be an empty pot....

The responsibility that can make the most lasting difference, however, is getting involved in the political process. "Proponents of participatory democracy argue that increased citizen participation in community and workplace decision-making is important if people are to recognize their roles and responsibilities as citizens within the larger community," says Craig Rimmerman, professor of political science, in his book The New Citizenship: Unconventional Politics, Activism, and Service. "Community meetings, for example, afford citizens knowledge regarding other citizens' needs. In a true participatory setting, citizens do not merely act as autonomous individuals pursuing their own interests, but instead, through a process of decision, debate, and compromise, they ultimately link their concerns with the needs of the community."

Tom Harkin, U.S. senator from Iowa, says that the kind of activists who fueled the earlier civil rights, anti-Vietnam War, and environmental movements are now focusing their energies "closer to home, organizing their neighbors to fight for such issues as better housing, fair taxation, lower utility rates, and the cleanup of toxic wastes.... Cutting across racial and class and geographical boundaries, these actions have shown millions of people that their common interests far outweigh their differences. [For all of them], the message of citizen action is the same: 'Don't get mad, don't get frustrated, don't give up. Organize and fight back.'"

visit link
countrystudies.us...

edit on 2-9-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gohome1122
The military is doing what they signed up for protecting the country both foreign and domestically. Syria is a problem, innocent people die everyday and Obama gets crapped on because why, he's the only one with the courage to intervene? The guy stands up for those without a voice, that's what he does. How about some respect for the guy once in awhile he's our President. We elected him we should stand by him, and be united.

Salesmen must TRULY LOVE it when they see you coming in.

1. Show me the evidence which states that anything Obama has said is accurate. Absolute proof of sarin gas usage by the Assad regime.

I would like to give you a few "reminders."
1. US openly admits to employing Al Qaeda
2. Al Qaeda commander recently ate the heart out of his victim on camera. (Sad but true)
3. US, to date, is the only "regime" to have ever used an atomic weapon.
4. US to date, is the largest manufacturer of ALL chemical and biological, nuclear, and atomic weaponry.
5. US has been proven to have used depleted Uranium, and probably still does.
6. US used Napalm and Agent Orange in several world altercations.
7. US was Sadaam Hussein's largest supplier of chemical and biological weaponry.
8. The US is always thrown in a position where they have to remove the VERY DICTATORS THAT THEY SUPPORTED.
9. Iraq War was the result of WMD that WERE NEVER FOUND.

I think you need to educate yourself a bit better about the world in which you live because you're embarrassing to other critically thinking Americans.

I will unite with those who plausibly break down situations and approach things with a critical mind. There was a time when people, the media, and detectives INVESTIGATED facts and didn't merely act as a "yes man," to any fool with an "official title." I hope one day you can join us.
edit on 2-9-2013 by NewEye77 because: to add.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NewEye77

The reply you reference was in response to a video that was deleted by the member, not the video in the OP....read back and you'll see that ....

The video that was removed was meant to be a joke, I think, in contrast to the the very powerful and meaningful video in the OP.....it was about some crazy lady having a tantrum because she couldn't get McNuggets and my observation about it....sorry for the confusion......
edit on 2-9-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gohome1122

rubbish
you talk like usa /Obama are coming to the rescue on white horses.read some of the posts in this forum you will learn how dark usa are
they want world dominance and will overthrow all who get in the way.
look at Saudi Arabia,one of the worst dictatorships but friends with usa

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder why I even post here....

"listen to the conspiracy theorists!"

Umm, no. Conspiracy theorists are oftentimes the least educated people there are; the conclusions they've arrived at have been gotten at the expense of actual critical thinking.

Take the situation in Syria right now. Who here thinks it's because of "chemical weapons" attacks? And that's it - nothing more?

Unfortunately, the world we live in is exceedingly complicated. If you want to avoid war with Syria, that has absolutely NOTHING at all to do with any conspiracy theory - just a different calculus, a different sense of the risks involved. To even mention the word "conspiracy" reveals how poorly you understand the situation.

There is immediate and long term situations here. The immediate situation is what the President, CNN and everyone else is talking about. Syria used chemical weapons; but obviously the situation is more complicated than that. There are interests involved here which go far beyond immediate concerns.

Just two months ago the IDF bombed Latakia, a port city in Syria which had just received a shipment of advanced anti-ship missiles from Russia. Now, think about it. 2 months before chemical weapons even became an issue, the IDF removed a possible hazard - advanced anti-ship missiles - from a port city where American warships would launch a tactical strike against Damascus. COINCIDENCE? OR, perhaps, the Israelis and Americans have been gearing up for an attack against Syria for quite awhile.

Now that the advanced weaponry has been removed, the Americans can feel safe docking their ships off the Syrian coast. So next obvious question is: Why? Why does the US and Israel want to take down the Assad government? If you understood the political happenings in the region in the last 30-40 years, especially the last 20 or so years, it's not hard to infer.

Syria is a liaison between Iran and the terrorist organization Hezbollah, located in southern Lebanon. Hezbollah has their arsenal replenished every once in awhile via weapons shipments from Iran which pass through Syrian territory. The Syrians are therefore an essential link in the chain between Iran and it's proxy Hezbollah in it's religious war against the Israelis.

An attack against Iran would hopefully have the effect of bolstering the Syrian opposition - the melange of rebel forces fighting the Assad government - and result in the collapse of the Assad regime. Many pundits have pointed out that this might now be the most desirable situation: some of the strongest elements in the Syrian opposition are Jihadists allied with Al Qaeda. That's true, but perhaps a post-Assad government would be easier to deal with - from the perspective of the Israelis - than one organized under a stable central government. In the meantime, the Syrian would probably come together the way Egyptians have (or haven't) and work to establish a new government.

This is the ulterior reasoning for an attack against Syria. It's both to weaken Iran and it's proxy Hezbollah, as well as to precipitate change that would be favorable to American interests. America has to inflict enough damage so that the Assad government wont have enough resources to recover, but not so much that they themselves get entangled in a larger regional war.

The benefit of this approach is that Iran would be greatly weakened, and for the sake of promoting regional peace, a weakened fundamentalist warmonger is a good thing. However, there are very grave risks involved which call into question any American military actions against Syria. How will Iran respond?

It's expected that Syria or Hezbollah will attack Israel in reprisal to an American attack against Syria. What's uncertain is how Iran will respond following an Israeli-counter strike. With both America and Israel inflicting blows on critical Syrian infrastructure, will Iran stand idly by twiddling their thumbs, even as they lose a partner which facilitates their interests against the Jewish state? This is the million dollar question.

If Iran stays out of it, this operate can go smoothly. Syria will take their blows, believing that they can recover from the attacks, and will Iran will accept the attacks while using Hezbollah to inflict their own damage against Israel. But what if Syria is on the verge of collapse and Iran carries out their own attacks against the Jewish state?

If I were in congress, I would vote "no" simply because the risks involved are too great.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Something I find strange is how Obama wants to get into this war to protect the innocent. However when I saw his little talk on a video I went back to looking at his face. No tears about these folks dying and children losing their lives. However we lost a few here in Conn in the shooting and he was in tears. So which is it?? Caring or just spiteful??

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

The pen is mightier than the sword. I dont think anyone grew up thinking they would join the conspiracy community and work for nothing. At least I didn't.

I moved to greece about 10 years ago and opened up a hotel business which is going down the drain thanks to the awful economy here, thus I have some spare time and try to make a difference fighting for postive change. I cant believe what happened to my country after 9-11-2001, the false flag attack that made us fight in afghanistan and iraq. Then the patriot act which brought us department of homeland security and the myriad of red tape.

The last few years we see libya and syria on NATOs crosshair which both aggrivates and scares me. I dont want world war 3. I have studied albert pike, the rothschilds, nwo/illuminati/bilderbergers, aliens and ufos, etc and its pretty scary indeed.
edit on 2/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEye77

Everyone knows what the solution is...but, no one is willing to walk that walk.

There are two options.
1. forcible removal (not recommended) -Violence will only ensure more will follow.-
2. The boycott of EVERYTHING. Do not go to work. Do NOT pay taxes. Do NOT buy from Wal-Mart. Do NOT turn on your televisions. DO NOT VOTE. Pull everyone's children from the schools. DO NOT ENLIST to the military. Quit purchasing from corporations altogether. Don't go to the movies. Quit visiting tourist locations. Park your cars and start riding bikes or walking. Use the cars when DISTANCE is a factor. QUIT EATING GENETICALLY MODIFIED MONSTROSITIES. Any institution which the government can tax should be avoided. Any institution which receives TAX EXEMPT statuses should be avoided.

If you want to hit them where it TRULY HURTS, these are the routes to take.

So...there are your solutions.

What are you willing to do???

There is an easier solution. Get informed, spread truth, study the candidates and vote for people who want america to become great again. Rand Paul is probably the best solution if we make it to the 2016 elections which I think we will.....from the maintream candidates.

Getting off the grid is probably too painful and not for everyone. I keep thinking of those ultimate survival episodes on discovery channel. Bear Grylls the british dude. Also there are some american shows based on the same theme.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Getting off the grid is probably too painful

You're not doing it right. What are your fears?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

The term "conspiracy theorist" may indeed be the wrong term to use and might even weaken the message. Ironically in the same way the term "conspiracy theorist" was deliberately demonized and discredited by the CIA and is used by the government to try and shut down meaningful debate.

Simply asking questions of our government does not imply one is stating a theory. So it is important to understand how exactly the term “conspiracy theory” is defined, because without clearly understanding the term, permits the government to “redefine” the meaning in an effort to discredit and eliminate honest debate.

According to Merriam-Webster’s a conspiracy theory is defined as: “purporting to explain a social, political, or economic event as being caused or covered-up by a covert group or organization.”

link from this
articlelionsdenmedia.hubpages.com...

The same strategy is now being used to discredit Patriots, Libertarians, Activists, "Truther's" ...heck you name it . You seem to have some pretty sound and plausible theories as to what this whole mess in Syria is truly about, and seem to agree with what most of us believe.

1. This is not about chemical weapon attacks by Assad.
2. Bombing Syria is a BAD idea.
3. The motives for the US to do this is some sort of strategic decision that involves great risk and we are being lied to, and forced into more War we don't want.

Do you have a military background ? Why such hostility toward people trying to fight for Truth and Peace, whatever you call them?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join