It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender icons?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
very cool pic of that tank, wouldn't mind riding on one of those

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So many cute guys on ATS. Maybe we should be asking SO to start a matchmaking site - for 1000 points you get the e-mail address of a member of choice.

Just a pilot and infinite8 nice pics.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My email is in my profile I think. Same as AIM id.

Funny replies too. I guess the mental picture maker in my head is off. I don't think the image I had of anyone was close.

[edit on 12/12/2004 by just_a_pilot]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
LOL the replies to this thread crack me up!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I was talking to another member who mentioned that ATS should have a section, maybe even with a persons profile where a picture can be posted.

Mynaeris you are far to kind.

[edit on 12/12/2004 by infinite8]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Being unawares that graphical icon images have gender designations, I was naturally alarmed and concerned about the possibilities of reproducing icons here on above secret tops. Has there been appropriate conditions and determinations place within the means of this grandios website to avail these icons of appropriate contraceptice devices to prevent the overrun associated with an icon population explosion? Such an event would certainly result in a confusing and bandwidth crippling event here on the secret tops above!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maks avatur
Being unawares that graphical icon images have gender designations, I was naturally alarmed and concerned about the possibilities of reproducing icons here on above secret tops. Has there been appropriate conditions and determinations place within the means of this grandios website to avail these icons of appropriate contraceptice devices to prevent the overrun associated with an icon population explosion? Such an event would certainly result in a confusing and bandwidth crippling event here on the secret tops above!!!

huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Nice pic, duh! We got some fine females on this site! You boys are lucky!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
hehe thanks sour grapes
Is that you in your avatar?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ha! I wish! That chic is hot too! I'm over here on this thread (on the right in the pic):

[edit on 13-12-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
hehe masquerading as jonna, are we?
(I look really dumb if it was a different picture you were referring to!)

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
hehe masquerading as jonna, are we?
(I look really dumb if it was a different picture you were referring to!)

Oh, lol! Jonna posted the photo for me!

Jonna is on this thread. He's on the left.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Okay.. for a second I was getting really confused as to what gender Jonna was again!

That is a cute picture

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ah ... waves hand to get attention....
Sorry to bust your party up but the flag idea sucks, as does the gender idea.

The LESS personal information you disclose the BETTER you are treated and respected on a messageboard.

That way all you have to be judged by are your posts, your content, and your opinions. And thats the way it should be. No deferriing to age or gender. No favoritism owing to nationality.

If I had my flag by my name, how many people would take my opinons on American topics seriously when by looking at my flag they could see I wasn't American? (seen that biasness here during the elections)

If I was 12 how much weight would be attached to my posts by people who are older, and consider themselves wiser? When tradtionally kids are given less respect for their ideas.

And finally if we know you are a female and you say something I don't like how much more would you be dismissed as a "silly bitch" or similar without giving weight to your opinion. (of course this is an example not to be sexist. )

Humanity makes psychological shortcuts when it comes to judging people. These shortcuts are called Heuristics. (for example: -" Just ignore what I say, what does a dumb honky know anyway?").

You don't make them consciously, but subconsciously so you judge the content of a person words by the mental shortcut you have of what you expect that person to be like (Ever see a chinese person speak english with an American accent or british accent? It throws you at first as you expct them to have a Chinese accent)

One of the joys of a messageboard is that your age, gender, occupation, social status, nationality, rank, money, qualifications, etc don't mean a thing, its your posts that count.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Netchicken]

IBM

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hehe lots of pretty women on here. Sorry ladies im not posting my pic. I might send it to a person but not posting it. Maybe not even that. I wish to keep myself faceless on ATS.

XL5

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I totally agree Netchicken, but its still neat to see peoples real picture. Then theres the fact that poeple can almost tell who a person is from thier posts, but not always. I'm not afraid to be judged, since I'm doing this to help or to rant. If you get into lots of debates, then I'd say its an issue.

Hehe ATS dating service "deny lonliness".

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What will be interesting to see is how you are treated differently from the way you were before AFTER a picture is posted.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Okay...I'm guessing/expecting that this issue has been well and truly discussed, debated, spammed etc in these 19 pages.

If you feel you would like to continue on with the discussion, might I suggest taking it to Chit Chat on BelowTopSecret.

*Thread Locked*

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join