It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we vulnerable to an invasion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by x_y_no
And any potential attacker as smart as we are would surely be aware of the substantial uncertainties in launching the kind of assault you speculate about. Why take such a huge risk when there are far easier pickings around?

That type of risk is only taken when they're backed into a corner. When the US delivers enough oppression, and they no longer have a choice. Anger won't ask why, or what might happen. We've definitely assigned ourselves the "ruler of the world" title. When others get sick of us blowing our own horn, or when we've tightened the vice on them more than they can possibly stand, you'll see how wrong you are. It's not about "easy pickings". It's about our death grip on the world, and how long they're going to tolerate it.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Not to mention with China, there are circumstances. They are not very pleased with the US right now due to the Taiwan situation. Make no mistake, this Taiwan issue could become a VERY big deal.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Now, if we had sleeper cells ie; Bin Ladens crew, Hammas etc within our country, with a well strategic plan, dont you think they would be able to achieve the ground work for say a superpower as big as China to Invade?

Also keep in mind next moth China is meeting with Russia Iran and crap cant think of the other country to speak of terms of becoming stronger alliances militarily.

Now thats something to be concerned of, dont you think??

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
That type of risk is only taken when they're backed into a corner. When the US delivers enough oppression, and they no longer have a choice. Anger won't ask why, or what might happen. We've definitely assigned ourselves the "ruler of the world" title. When others get sick of us blowing our own horn, or when we've tightened the vice on them more than they can possibly stand, you'll see how wrong you are. It's not about "easy pickings". It's about our death grip on the world, and how long they're going to tolerate it.

Ummm ... we're oppressing China? Since when? Seems to me we're their biggest trading partner.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
Have you ever heard of NORAD? The minute the Chinese launched even a single missile, we would know about it. And in the time it takes to get here, we would have already retaliated by launching our ICBMs. Even if they took us by surprise and killed everyone in North America, there is no way that they could destroy our subs, which would launch their nukes and turn China into a wasteland.

I truly doubt some of the technology stories, especially after seeing our gov. in action during 9/11. Or lacking in action, rather. We can't possibly monitor every inch of the atmosphere 100% of the time. It never happens. Most likely, we wouldn't even realize what was happening until missiles started entering our airspace. NORAD only looks for threats coming toward the Canadian and American borders and airspace. We all know they didn't have a clue about our domestic airspace on 9/11.

Great, so certain E-bombs can defeat Faraday cages, big deal. Unless you know where a target is, you cant destroy it, even with an E-Bomb. You can be sure that the military has redundent systems that are hidden, even from the Chinese.

Ummm, you don't even have to get very close. The fallout is comparable to a nuke.

It is you who have no comprehension of combat tactics or strategy. Your suggestion that China would pre-emptively strike us with nuclear weapons is ludicrous. It would be the end of them, and they know it. And with our naval power, it would be virtually impossible for them to land any formidable amount of troops on our soil.

I never said anything about China. And I've already explained how it could happen. Communications go down, and even if missile silos have their own generators, and they're deep enough to withstand the EMP, who the hell is going to tell them that we're under attack without communication? How are they to know? Are you forgetting the chaos that would cause?

[edit on 12-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ummm ... we're oppressing China? Since when? Seems to me we're their biggest trading partner.

Why do you keep bringing up China? I never said anything about China.
You're also thinking in the present. I'm thinking of future scenarios. Things could change rapidly, IMO. The world is already starting to turn on the US.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Now thats something to be concerned of, dont you think??

There's an awful lot of things to be concerned about. An invasion of the US by another major power is way down on the list, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Why do you keep bringing up China? I never said anything about China.
You're also thinking in the present. I'm thinking of future scenarios. Things could change rapidly, IMO. The world is already starting to turn on the US.

OK, excuse me. Several other people in the thread were discussing China as the example of the nation which they thought would have the capacity to invade.

So fine, not China. What major power which has the ability to build a sufficient quantity of "e-bombs" and sufficient quantity of delivery vehicles for those bombs to incapacitate our entire communications system, as well as to hunt down our strategic submarine fleet and also launch an invasion of the US (all with such clockwork efficiency as to eliminate the serious possibility of massive nuclear retaliation on our part) were you thinking of, and just exactly how are we oppressing that major power?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How about Bin Laden given permission by the Saudi Clerics to use Nukelear weapons on the United States, How does that grab you???

read the thread just posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

OK, excuse me. Several other people in the thread were discussing China as the example of the nation which they thought would have the capacity to invade.

So fine, not China. What major power which has the ability to build a sufficient quantity of "e-bombs" and sufficient quantity of delivery vehicles for those bombs to incapacitate our entire communications system, as well as to hunt down our strategic submarine fleet and also launch an invasion of the US (all with such clockwork efficiency as to eliminate the serious possibility of massive nuclear retaliation on our part) were you thinking of, and just exactly how are we oppressing that major power?

I'm not saying it's likely, at this point, but it's definitely a future possibility. Don't be fooled by a false sense of security. Most of our allies are only our allies because of the obvious consequences of not being our allies. If they go against the US, we put the screws to them and enforce sanctions against them, etc. What if one of these powerful countries decides to do what we did to Russia in the war with Afghanistan? The attacks could come from Al Qaida, but they could be secretly financed and supplied by unknown supporters of their war on the US. Anything is possible. We're not the only ones who can play dirty and use other countries' wars to fight our own, indirectly.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

How about Bin Laden given permission by the Saudi Clerics to use Nukelear weapons on the United States, How does that grab you???

Yeah isn't that just great?
Now that he has "permission" you can practically bet that a nuke is going off somewhere.
These are some downright scary times.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Listen, nobody is saying that America is invinceble! Sure, we can be attacked and even destroyed. However, an invasion by a foreign power is virtually unthinkable. We are too strong militarily, our enemies are too weak, and the geographical distances between us are too great. Anything is possible, but an invasion of the continental US is about as unlikely as it gets

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm not saying it's likely, at this point, but it's definitely a future possibility. Don't be fooled by a false sense of security. Most of our allies are only our allies because of the obvious consequences of not being our allies. If they go against the US, we put the screws to them and enforce sanctions against them, etc. What if one of these powerful countries decides to do what we did to Russia in the war with Afghanistan? The attacks could come from Al Qaida, but they could be secretly financed and supplied by unknown supporters of their war on the US. Anything is possible. We're not the only ones who can play dirty and use other countries' wars to fight our own, indirectly.

Nothing is forever. If the subject of this thread had been "will we ever, at some point in the future, be vulnerable to an invasion?" then my answer would have been yes, of course. But that wasn't the question.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok, here's a hypothetical scenario:

OBL gets funding and supplies from one powerful nation. He's supplied with nukes, since they know that the only retaliation would be against the mideast. OBL weakens the US with a bombardment of nukes. (It doesn't take many) Supportive super power then takes the reigns and invades the US at their time of worst vulnerablity. The US, still trying to recover from multiple nukes, gets hit full force by coalition forces. Having already launched most of their manpower and a good portion of nukes toward the mideast, the US is very vulnerable. Surprise is always the best strategy. How do we know that OBL hasn't already been supplied nukes? How do we know this scenario isn't already well underway? We're not even sure that nukes aren't already here, waiting to go off in the basement of a house belonging to a suicidal member of a sleeper cell. How sure are you that we can't be weakened rather quickly? How sure are you that one or more of our major cities won't see a blinding flash and cease to exist?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thats my point exactly. Sure, in the future, we may be vulnerable, but it would take alot to successfully invade and occupy us. Right now, however, we are about as safe from invasion as we have ever been.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thats my point exactly. Sure, in the future, we may be vulnerable, but it would take alot to successfully invade and occupy us. Right now, however, we are about as safe from invasion as we have ever been.

Read again, then. How do you know this isn't already taking place?
Use your damn imagination, for christ sake! The terrorists sure will. This is why I think it's such a possibility...you people can't even fathom it, just as you couldn't fathom jets flying into the towers. We've used alot of countries to fight against bigger countries we were afraid to fight ourselves. Anyone in the world could do the same against us.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

OBL gets funding and supplies from one powerful nation. He's supplied with nukes, since they know that the only retaliation would be against the mideast. OBL weakens the US with a bombardment of nukes. (It doesn't take many) Supportive super power then takes the reigns and invades the US at their time of worst vulnerablity. The US, still trying to recover from multiple nukes, gets hit full force by coalition forces. Having already launched most of their manpower and a good portion of nukes toward the mideast, the US is very vulnerable. Surprise is always the best strategy. How do we know that OBL hasn't already been supplied nukes? How do we know this scenario isn't already well underway? We're not even sure that nukes aren't already here, waiting to go off in the basement of a house belonging to a suicidal member of a sleeper cell. How sure are you that we can't be weakened rather quickly? How sure are you that one or more of our major cities won't see a blinding flash and cease to exist?

OK, let's consider this. If al Qaeda were supplied with some quantity of nukes, their method of delivery would presumably be to smuggle them into one or more cities and detonate them in a coordinated fashion. This would certainly do us enormous harm in terms of lives and economy, but even if one of those cities were Washington, it would not eliminate our ability to launch a nuclear strike. It would not be possible for this type of attack to destroy that capacity.

You can rely on that whatever American population remained, most especially including our military, would be the most royally pissed-off and absurdly heavily armed bunch of people this world has ever seen. Now we might not know right off who supplied al Qaeda with those weapons, but we certainly would have a good idea once that "coalition" attack started - and then it's back to the stone age for the whole world including most especially those nations foolish enough to attack.

No, the invasion scenario still insn't credible.

If you just stuck to the "someone supplies a nuke to bin Laden and he detonates it in a US city" scenario and stopped there, then I'd say you're describing a real threat.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Most likely, judging by what's happening today, we'd nuke the wrong country before we found out who was really responsible anyway. With a good portion of our forces in the mideast, I don't think we're very well covered on our own soil. Who says the invasion would take place immediately? Maybe they'd play it smart and see what we think and do? I swear, you have no imagination. You just think everyone is so deathly afraid of our nukes that they won't mess with us. I disagree. I also doubt that the US would be very organized, if several nukes went off here. We'd all be devastated, including the leaders and military. Who the hell is going to launch the nukes if they take out DC and various other strategic military and political targets? The average joe blow has no idea how to launch a nuke. Do you think whatever soldiers are underground in the silos are just going to take it upon themselves to launch them at whoever they think may be responsible? Aren't there codes that have to be entered to unlock a missile launch process? You're gravely underestimating the chaos this would cause here. And domestic guns aren't going to help against military grade weapons, nor unknown enemies.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

No offence, but your theory is not valid. It would take dozens on nuclear weapons to collapse the infrastructure of the US. Plus, why would a nuclear capable country risk war with the US by supporting terrorist? No country is going to hand a terrorist group nuclear weapons. How would they know that they wouldnt be used on them?
Also, you saying "how do we know, how do we know" alot. One cant disprove a theory that has no evidence supporting it in the first place. As far as the spooky "sleeper cells" that you are talking about, they are essential useless now. Why do you think we havnt had any attacks since 9/11? Its because anyone who looks muslim, or is seen anywhere near a mosque is being watched very carefully. Sad but true. Even if they did have a nuke in a basement, they would have used it by now. Why would they wait, and take the chance of having their plan discovered and foiled? This theory just doesnt hold water

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Read again, then. How do you know this isn't already taking place?
Use your damn imagination, for christ sake! The terrorists sure will. This is why I think it's such a possibility...you people can't even fathom it, just as you couldn't fathom jets flying into the towers. We've used alot of countries to fight against bigger countries we were afraid to fight ourselves. Anyone in the world could do the same against us.

people have thought about the threats of jets flying into buildings via terrorist attacks...do a little research, the idea didn't sprout into existence with 9/11...there were reports warning of this from here in the states to around the world prior to 9/11.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join