It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama to Address the Nation on Syria

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by butcherguy

So would you rather he didn't go to Congress and just started bombing Syria last night?

No, I think he should have went to Congress first.... if he wanted to avoid looking like he had painted himself into a corner.
I say stay out of Syria altogether at this point.

Text

That's exactly what I say. Not to mention, I don't believe anything the government tells me, nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by spy66

Originally posted by spy66
The US is fighting for world political Power. They are trying to force Democracy on every nation bit by bit.

This has got absolutely NOTHING to do with democracy and the US...

Look beyond the curtain at who is really pulling the strings and WHY.

Most wars are engineered by the Illuminati to weaken civilization and create a global police state, the "New World Order." Does a Satanic Cult Rule the World?

War is the major way for the EVIL, sinister, insane Illuminati to control humanity. Source

“...this Cabal of Evil has engineered all major conflicts to further their agenda for the total and absolute subjugation of humanity. Source

Wars are not the way to controll the world, neither is religion. It dosent matter who People worship, if its God, Jesus or Satan or who ever, as long as they fallow the Law. Every human being on this Earth is forced to fallow the Law given by their nation. It dosent matter what the prists preach.

Wars are only used to created major changes. Political changes. The US is working as a world police force, because they want to dictate the laws for the Whole world. I thought Saddam, Gadafi and Assad were pretty obious? The US wanted them gone so that they could instal a different government. A government creates laws.

One of the main reasons Obama can order a attack and get the soldiers to comply, is because they are groomed to fallow the Law. They may not want to og to Syria and fight, but they have to because we worship and fallow the Law.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

They may not want to go to Syria and fight, but they have to because we worship and fallow the Law.
"The Law" is that people in the military are not to obey a unlawful order.
If the President was a criminal liar and ordered a war without congressional approval, they would be forced by the law not to go.
The highest law in the US is the Constitution, not a psychotic dictator.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by spy66

They may not want to go to Syria and fight, but they have to because we worship and fallow the Law.
If the President was a criminal liar and ordered a war without congressional approval, they would be forced by the law not to go.

I bet you that if Obama orders the soldiers to attack Syria without the consent of the congress. I bet you they would attack on plain orders from Obama. Law is not always writen; it also coms in the shape of a command. Soldier fallow command.

No Law in the world is any good if People dont comply. The constitution is no good if no one fallows it.

The big problem With a Democracy is that government have the majority to change laws if they want to. Even the constitution. Have many laws havent the US written these last 12 years without the Peoples concent? All of them have been voted for without the publick.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

However, under what premise did Obama order the strikes on Libya. UN did approve some action but O went straight without Congress or Senate backing him. Military followed the orders and O was not even questioned hard in an official process. In his speech on Libya, O mentioned that attack prevented what is called a Massacre in Benghazi. However, now massacre has already happened so what is his wait. Confusing politics or is that Syria can be a tougher opponent and hence time to get some real backing.

edit on 1-9-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

White House press secretary Jay Carney said on Tuesday that the president still stands by his 2007 statement, but that

Syria’s alleged use of chemical weapons does pose an actual and imminent threat to U.S. national security.

Obama said last week that if chemical weapons are used on a large scale, they could affect “core national interests,” such as America’s duty to protect its allies and bases in the Middle East.

Guess that is the logic of bypassing the Congress and more so that O will not be running again for the office. So how come Libya was immediate threat to US national security? Again, White House cannot play around with US laws just like the way it manipulated UN resolution on Libya and made Medvedev look like an idiot.

From the article again

The U.S. involvement in Kosovo, the Korean War and other conflicts all began without a congressional vote. The last official declaration of war by Congress was for World War II, as the power to use force has gradually shifted away from Congress and toward the chief executive. The Constitution does not require the president even to have a good reason to attack another country, Yoo said.

So with this logic POTUS can attack any country for any reason, only thing is he/she will have to interpret the situation as a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER.

Seems US constituition has become a weekend afternoon post lunch interpretation game.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

However, now massacre has already happened so what is his wait. Confusing politics or is that Syria can be a tougher opponent and hence time to get some real backing.
The best guess is that clear evidence has surfaced implicating Obama's hired jihadists in Syria as the real culprits.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No One can stop these Wars ...... Russia threatens the U.s by saying they will Bomb Saudi Arabia?? LOL
This is the Arab spring , and its exactly what it is ,The Middle East is under attack and this what amazes me about people today, this War has been going on for thousands of years ,through the ages ,just because its 2013 doesnt mean the war stops A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm

Oil? Gaslines? lol U.s has Oil in 'Massive reserves' ....and Australia has found the biggest Oil reserve in the World very very recently in West Aust ...ill dig around and provide the links ,

The Arab Spring = War , and when i look at history ,people couldnt stop Vietnam, Iraq , The Gulf , and people wont stop Syria , but by all means voice your opinion, your protest and your vote ........

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well taking a look at some of the posts on here, at least this crisis is bringing Democrats and Republicans together.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

. . . Russia threatens the U.s . . .

At least Russia is a Christian country while the US seems to be run by neo-cons who are Israeli citizens.
God is helping the world through believers in Jesus, even if it is against a formerly Christian country now turned zionist.
God is using Russia as a brake against the rampant empire building for the Jew-run London-based banking system.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson
No One can stop these Wars ...... Russia threatens the U.s by saying they will Bomb Saudi Arabia?? LOL

One thing can stop these wars and that is TOTAL DOMINATION of one entity over the rest.

US and allies have achieved near Total Domination over the rest of the world in military matters. It is only a matter of time before the TOTAL becomes real.

Russian power is a thing of the past. Like 60 year old man doing arm wrestling with a 35 year old.

Chinese power is fake at best. Stealing technologies and being commie are not traits of real powers.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

. . . Russia threatens the U.s . . .

At least Russia is a Christian country while the US seems to be run by neo-cons who are Israeli citizens.
God is helping the world through believers in Jesus, even if it is against a formerly Christian country now turned zionist.
God is using Russia as a brake against the rampant empire building for the Jew-run London-based banking system.

Bro, Russia is a thing of the past. Come 2018-2020 when commodity cycle takes a downturn, Russia will be back to its ways of scrapping the pot to fill the plate somehow.

What Empire building, that was the trait of the Europeans. US policy is much different. US is not imperialist or expansionist. Do business and take mutual profits and go home to TV and beer.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Christian country ...by your views? Ive read what your views are , tell me about your christian views again ? Didnt you call me a murderous mad man on my other thread for suggesting a peaceful Jerusalem, only cause it went against your belief, ? Didnt you call me names under the sun and try to school me like a chump? Russia what? Russia aint nothing, There is no one who can stop the .US, and if other countrys make an entity , then the U.s will from an entity with Britain and Australia, as simple as that,Game Over ,U.S.A will win.....and then build a temple in jerusalem

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

What Empire building, that was the trait of the Europeans. US policy is much different. US is not imperialist or expansionist. Do business and take mutual profits and go home to TV and beer.
You need to catch up with what has been going on for the last 15 years, stating with what Wilson posted, Clean Break, and then the PNAC document, and now the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.
en.wikipedia.org...
which comes right out and says the goal is US world hegemony.
edit on 1-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well one could just stop buying US Treasuries - wonder how long the military might will run without money. I guess they could say screw it and take what they want but you wouldn't be able to call yourself the good guys anymore, and I doubt the American people would like that either.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Christian country ...by your views?

Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church.

Didnt you call me a murderous mad man on my other thread for suggesting a peaceful Jerusalem . . .
You were calling on bringing all the world's military hardware to bear, to capture Jerusalem from the Muslims in order to build a Jewish temple.
I said that would make you one of the worst mass murderers in world history.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What is this?....What the HELL is THIS?

I am pretty positive he saw the guy with the camera before he "got a leg up" on the table and made "shoot em up" gestures like a gangster.

what, is he holding somebody hostage?

Is he going to do somebody in?

Who has sniper paranoia? I do. Does this work wonders for all of us with DHS sniper paranoia?

That's ok... I got a new cyborg body waiting on me and when I get back, I'm not going to be in a good mood and I plan on being WAY more telekinetic than I am now.
ASSIMILATE.

yeah, I'm feeling lucky.

Do the rest of you punks feel lucky?

naw, he's just rubbing in our faces that soon if we have to protect ourselves... we'll have to do it with our imaginary finger pistols.... meanwhile, the elite pays for him to have a laser implanted in his pointer finger.

what the hell is he trying to say here? Is this CODE???

Are they holding boehner hostage?

is Boehner holding somebody's kid hostage.... WHAT DO YOU MEAN MR. PRESIDENT?

That what you really wanted to do with your life was pose for GQ?

All I know is Mr assad better go buy himself a helmet.

And I feel for the man... I feel like somebody has a gun pointed at my head right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
800.000 thousand people were killed in Rwanda in 100 days by machetes & nobody said a peep in 1994.

So give me a break with this Red Line crap!

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Christian country ...by your views?

Putin and the Russian Orthodox Church.

Obama has his pointer finger pistol out and that high priestly guy has got a SWORD!!!

IT'S ON.

IT IS SO ON!!!

They done made the priest mad.

He looks like he is about to go all medieval on our American asses.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Well one could just stop buying US Treasuries - wonder how long the military might will run without money. I guess they could say screw it and take what they want but you wouldn't be able to call yourself the good guys anymore, and I doubt the American people would like that either.

Flip the coin a little, with military might one will be forced to BUY the US treasuries. Just the way nations have been forced to stop doing trades with Iran.

If or when the Syrian attack comes, US will not lose a single plane to Syrian air defense. No US boot will be on the ground except the special forces but Syrian regime and its assets will get crap bombed out of its guts.

I think it is better for Assad to make an exit plan but first offering some coilation government with the rebels and then fast track to elections in 3 months or so. Winner takes to power and loser tries some ski riding in Belarus.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join