It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW ATS Where have all the BORDERS gone? Will they be back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I noticed the new ATS everyone of my favorite posters borders are gone.. I think that is a huge travesty, I liked to look through threads and see the borders from different people and gauge what kind of poster they were.. It seems to have taken a lot of time and work for people to EARN those borders it would be a shame for them to be gone for ever. If it is a temporary thing, I understand while everything gets put back together, but please ATS don't let them be gone.... The Silver and Gold BORDERS specifically..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Who needs borders? We should all be equal. I saw those borders as in-your-face elitism.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The borders will not be returning as far as I know.

However I do think that SO is working on a new way to highlight quality members and contributions.

Stay tuned.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wow. Quality members? Up until now I was enjoying myself here. Is there a caste system or something?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

suz62

Wow. Quality members? Up until now I was enjoying myself here. Is there a caste system or something?

A caste system?

Forgive me, but ATS is driven by member contributions. The more you contribute to ATS, the better the site becomes. As a member who has contributed almost 30 thousand posts to ATS, it's not a lot to ask to be recognized in some small way.

This is not about treating some members better than others, it's about celebrating and appreciating our members that go out of their way to provide content and vehicles for great discussions.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The borders will not be returning as far as I know.

However I do think that SO is working on a new way to highlight quality members and contributions.

Stay tuned.

~Tenth

OK, I trust you guys thank you..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Glad to hear of it.

I don't think snobbish elitism--particularly on the basis of birth or wealth etc. is anything good.

= = = =

Merit is a whole different issue.

Things are improved by REWARDING WHAT'S BEST. It's the wisest way to go. NO need to punish evil doers in organizations as much as there's a need to REWARD WHAT'S BEST.

It also gives folks some honorable, constructive, contributive goals to aspire to. There's not enough such in our era, imho.

Youth aspire to be drug dealers? Gimme a break.

Fathers aspire to get drunkest with the most cans of beer 'under their belt and still be able to walk or crawl--to their vehicles?????' Gimme a break and a taser to stop their driving. Sheesh.

===

Thankfully, on ATS, The 3 Amigos have wisely sought to improve ATS content and community by REWARDING WHAT'S BEST.

Super cheers for that.

The more ways they can do that meaningfully--even symbolically, the better the place will become.

edit on 31/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 31/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

As well as the fact that the membership itself are the ones who give our stars, flags and the page views that garner that sort of reward for top contributors.

So essentially, the owners created a frame work for the membership to decide what is best and the member rankings and stats are simply a reflection of that process.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A little off topic but speaking of things disappearing has anyone else had saved messages disappear ?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

The PM system is a bit wonky with those for now. It seems the new site doesn't quite copy the whole library from the old one at the moment. I'm sure it'll get fixed.

I found refreshing or deleting one of my PM's and then refreshing would show them again.

~tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by BO XIAN

As well as the fact that the membership itself are the ones who give our stars, flags and the page views that garner that sort of reward for top contributors.

So essentially, the owners created a frame work for the membership to decide what is best and the member rankings and stats are simply a reflection of that process.

~Tenth

Great points . . . and

from a group process perspective;
from an organizational development perspective;
from an individual psychology perspective;
from a relationship perspective

That's EXACTLY THE WAY TO GO!

It helps the community become the best it can be from the grassroots up. And that's the most solid foundation and durability one can remotely engineer.

And, it helps the group members feel best about themselves whether they are reward-ING or reward-ED.

BTW, Gwarsh, blush, ahhhh shucks, ...THX tons. Much appreciate your comments, replies, etc.

I need all the encouragement I can get, too. LOL.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

BTW, FWIW,

I just tried changing my signature color from the Teal the new system seems to require to the less garish 6699FF color.

Still doesn't work--certainly not by the manual BB code with the "6699FF" number of the color method.

Not a raging priority. Would be nice eventually.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Your borders still show as Gold on my machine. Am I missing (or finding) something?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join