It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Shariah ban becomes law without governor’s signature despite CAIR pressure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

A North Carolina bill prohibiting judges from considering foreign laws, including Islamic Shariah, became part of the state’s official statutes Monday, without Gov. Pat McCrory’s signature. The bill was one of 34 passed by the General Assembly over the summer.

McCrory signed the other 33 bills, calling the anti-Shariah measure “unnecessary” but declining to veto it.. North Carolina is the seventh state with such a law. Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Tennessee all have similar laws in place according to Religion News.

Christian and family groups supported the bill as a way to protect the Constitution without intrusion of rules and regulations from other cultures.

www.bizpacreview.com...

Well, nice to know that I won't have to worry about being beheaded anytime soon if I accidentally drink in blasphemy from an Islamist cup! Yes, that happened, and a woman is being held in Pakistan and on death row due such an innocent offense.

:shk:

I have to agree with this law, and have to say I am glad to live here in NC for it. There have been too many instances where Sharia law has been used in this country. And that's just not right. No, you can't behead your daughter here to defend your family honor. No, you can't decapitate your daughter here because she was raped, even if she was wearing seductive clothing. And no, you can't bring your damned laws and invade our legal system. Believe me, our legal system has enough problems of its own already, thank you.

Just some good news I wanted to share, from an unreligious point of view.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It speaks volumes about the inherent problems of the US justice system that this is even required.

P

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

It speaks volumes about the inherent problems of the US justice system that this is even required.

P

Well we had a judge who recently converted to Islam let a man walk after he assaulted a guy wearing a mohammed outfit. The Judge said the man had no choice so the assault was justified.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Christian and family groups supported the bill as a way to protect the Constitution without intrusion of rules and regulations from other cultures.

Errr, how does one "protect the Constitution" be violating its 1st Amendment:

The First Amendment to the the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion,...

Nice doublethink there.

Although, I guess it doesnt prevent someone from practicing their faith, it just prevents religion from being used as a defense?

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well, nice to know that I won't have to worry about being beheaded anytime soon if I accidentally drink in blasphemy from an Islamist cup! Yes, that happened, and a woman is being held in Pakistan and on death row due such an innocent offense.

Whats drinking blasphemy from an Islamist cup mean?

Yah, thank Goodness this law was passed. Who knows what they might have allowed...

Defendant: "Your Honor, sure I ate his elbows, but its completely legal under my religion".

Judge: "Sorry sir, but because of this new law, we are prohibited from allowing you to harm others"...

People's fear seems to have overloaded their remaining brain cells. Passing laws against religion is now seen as "constitutional"...

Federal Judge Blocks Oklahoma From Imposing Anti-Sharia Law.

edit on 31-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

The First Amendment to the the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion,...

Although, I guess it doesnt prevent someone from practicing their faith, it just prevents religion from being used as a defense?

I think any part of a religion which attempts to cross over the line into administering already existing laws- should not be allowed. And because Islam and Sharia is so much more of a theocratic system, it is always going to be incompatible with laws here. It would be interesting to hear how American Muslims who DON'T want to impose Sharia here deal with this, and integrate our laws into their belief system. Do they just put up with it? Or do they secretly wait for the day they can impose Sharia, like so many people here fear they will?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Actually, the judge in the case, Mark Martin is a Lutheran.

Cases like this, where a couple of people get pushed or shoved, are routinely dismissed.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Muslim men killing their daughters is not uncommon in the US and in Canada - a simple internet search will answer that question for you.

Some of these people think they are immune from the "law" because of their "freedom of religion" here in the US - it is one of those things that is being nudged - is creeping .... into our country.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Well what youre saying and the examples you provided are pretty ridiculous.

That somehow it would be legal to murder people in America based on some type of religious belief system...

But the idea of religious "courts" in America is nothing new as we know from the Beth Din.

These types of courts or religious laws dont affect anyone unless youre Jewish.

Even IF Sharia law was considered in US courts, I dont think you have anything to worry about. Unless of-course you're thinking of becoming a Moslem...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

No.

Murder is not legal in the US and Canada.

I have to categorize this as an extreme sense of paranoia and irrational fear that one day any form of murder (excluding justifiable homicide) may one day become lawful here in the US based on someone's "religious beliefs".

Not that I can completely blame you. Its a nonstop bombardment from the establishment to intentionally keep people in a state of fear.

*On a side note. I did a search on "honor killings". It looks like its illegal everywhere...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

A North Carolina bill prohibiting judges from considering foreign laws, including Islamic Shariah, became part of the state’s official statutes Monday, without Gov. Pat McCrory’s signature.

I wonder how the Brooklyn Jews would react if a similar law were to be passed in their areas, where the Jewish version of Shariah is openly practiced.

Foreign modesty laws in Brooklyn

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Actually, the judge in the case, Mark Martin is a Lutheran.

Cases like this, where a couple of people get pushed or shoved, are routinely dismissed.

The court proceedings were taped, the judge 100% implies he follows Islam.

Well, having had the benefit of having spent over two-and-a-half years in predominantly Muslim countries, I think I know a little bit about the faith of Islam. In fact, I have a copy of the Quran here, and I would challenge you, Sir, to show me where it says in the Quran that Muhammad arose and walked among the dead. I think you misinterpreted a couple of things. So before you start mocking somebody else’s religion, you might want to find out a little more about it. It kind of makes you look like a doofus...

In many other Muslim-speaking countries, err, excuse me, many Arabic-speaking countries, predominantly Muslim, something like this is definitely against the law there, in their society. In fact, it could be punished by death, and frequently is, in their society.

Why does it matter what countries following Sharia Law would do?

He also threatened to charge the victim with contempt if he released the tapes of the court proceeding. The Muslim attacker admitted what he did, and it was taped. The judge refused to allow the tape in as evidence, then dimissed the case for lack of evidence even though the attacker admitted it. That would be like a bank robbery where I am caught on tape, confess in the court room, and the judge dismisses the case for lack of evidence.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

A North Carolina bill prohibiting judges from considering foreign laws, including Islamic Shariah, became part of the state’s official statutes Monday, without Gov. Pat McCrory’s signature.

I wonder how the Brooklyn Jews would react if a similar law were to be passed in their areas, where the Jewish version of Shariah is openly practiced.

Foreign modesty laws in Brooklyn

Why would they care since what they do has nothing to do with US court proceedings? No judge is using their modesty laws in actual court cases. Maybe I am wrong. Show me the court case where Jewish "Sharia Law" was used.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

They can obey the law of the land or go back to their desert wasteland and eat rocks and sand if they refuse to assimilate.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

They can obey the law of the land or go back to their desert wasteland and eat rocks and sand if they refuse to assimilate.

Bold words.
I wonder how many Americans have the guts to tell orthodox Jews to assimilate.
i.e - No more Kosher, every body has to eat what the average American Goy eats. Bacon included.
No more Jewish traditional clothing on American streets... after all, Jewish clothing belongs in Israel.

But as usual Zionist America would rather pander to their Jewish friends, while opposing Muslims... despite the fact that Islamic and Jewish religious laws - as practiced in North America and Europe laws - identical.

If Kosher can make it to American supermarkets, then so can Halal.
If Yarmulkes can be worn in the streets, so can Islamic headgear.

edit on 31-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Show me the court case where Jewish "Sharia Law" was used.

The OP claims Shariah would be used to behead daughters for religious offenses... in the US.. Is that true?

Secondly, you do know that Shariah / Jewish religious laws dictate the diet / clothing / modesty requirements of Muslims and Jews, right?

So if you ban Shariah, admittedly a foreign religious law.... just when do you plan on telling the Jews to stop following their religious law, which is just as foreign as Shariah? Whats that? You can't? You're scared of being labelled as an anti-semite? Well?

edit on 31-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

There have been too many instances where Sharia law has been used in this country. And that's just not right. No, you can't behead your daughter here to defend your family honor. No, you can't decapitate your daughter here because she was raped, even if she was wearing seductive clothing.

Care to cite examples of Muslims decapitating their daughters in the US?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Show me the court case where Jewish "Sharia Law" was used.

The OP claims Shariah would be used to behead daughters for religious offenses... in the US.. Is that true?

Shariah Law has been used in US court cases. If Shariah Law was sctrictly followed then yes, it would happen.

Secondly, you do know that Shariah / Jewish religious laws dictate the diet / clothing / modesty requirements of Muslims and Jews, right?

Your point as it relates to the OP?

So if you ban Shariah, admittedly a foreign religious law.... just when do you plan on telling the Jews to stop following their religious law, which is just as foreign as Shariah? Whats that? You can't? You're scared of being labelled something? Well?

I'll tell them right now. Your Jewish laws hold no place in American courts. Hey, the Jews told me to tell you they know and it's cool with them. Now can you cite a court case where a Judge used Jewish religious laws to supercede US law? No? Cool, bye.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

There have been too many instances where Sharia law has been used in this country. And that's just not right. No, you can't behead your daughter here to defend your family honor. No, you can't decapitate your daughter here because she was raped, even if she was wearing seductive clothing.

Care to cite examples of Muslims decapitating their daughters in the US?

Here you go.

One of America's most wanted fugitives accused of murdering his two daughters because they were dating non-Muslim boys is believed to be working as a cab driver in New York City.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Shariah Law has been used in US court cases. If Shariah Law was sctrictly followed then yes, it would happen.

Well, that's a big "IF"... and a completely hypothetical scenario.

Its as ridiculous as a statement like :
"What if atheists get power in the government? They would surely outlaw religion and send every theist to a gulag".

Also, "IF" and "THEN" scenarios have no place in this debate, as the OP wasn't presenting his case on those lines. He seems to be convinced that Shariah begins and ends with decapitation, which really isn't the case.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n : Secondly, you do know that Shariah / Jewish religious laws dictate the diet / clothing / modesty requirements of Muslims and Jews, right?

OccamsRazor04 : Your point as it relates to the OP?

My point is that both Shariah and Jewish law dictate how Muslims/Jews eat, dress, pray... Both are pretty much identical to each other... and both are equally "foreign" to North America.

So you can't exactly pass a law against foreign laws, without offending the Jews - who apparently are powerful enough to erect a huge menorah in front of the white house

I'll tell them right now. Your Jewish laws hold no place in American courts. Hey, the Jews told me to tell you they know and it's cool with them. Now can you cite a court case where a Judge used Jewish religious laws to supercede US law? No? Cool, bye.

You can only dream that the Jews will let American Goyim tell them how to live their lives.

sk0rpi0n : Care to cite examples of Muslims decapitating their daughters in the US?
OccamsRazor04 : Here you go.

Weak.
I expected news of an actual decapitation, as promised by the OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join