It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blogger writes his son on how to be a Man...Don't be like Robin Thicke!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This has probably already been posted, but I am so sick of hearing about Miley this and Miley that! This was scripted end of story so how about the 36 year old talentless Married Guy who should have known better?

First and foremost it is a DISTRACTION!

Blogger writes his son on how to be a man!

Finally someone who stands up against this trash and calls it like it really is! This is a SICK INDUSTRY not just some crazy 20 year old girl!

I am not saying Miley is blameless, but come on let's take a good hard look at Her Dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, Alan Thicke and his moron son Robin, The Producer of THE VMA's??? The Managers??? Talk about twerks! They knew what they were doing! And did it with a smile and tongue sticking out at all of us!

Come on when will people stop watching and supporting this crap with their money?

And although I do see this as a distraction (THE WHOLE Industry is! lol ), I do not agree with his statement about Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood as it is another topic entirely!

I would rather the topic stay on the VMA and his letter to his son! While he has a good message the political agenda is another matter (for another forum) so PLEASE keep the posts related to the letter or the performance,I will address those only.
edit on 30-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is nothing new in the media. I cannot believe people are starting to become outraged after years of the "music" industry marketed everything from sex, to drugs, to whatever. It's the most genius way to milk any individual for their money. I just wish it was different. But sadly I can see it won't change soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Thank you for that! It was a very touching letter. I am a mom, not a dad, but I am going to show that to my boys.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
This is nothing new in the media. I cannot believe people are starting to become outraged after years of the "music" industry marketed everything from sex, to drugs, to whatever. It's the most genius way to milk any individual for their money. I just wish it was different. But sadly I can see it won't change soon.

I have no outrage other then against the hypocrisy trying to pin this all on a CRAZY 20 year old girl! And I am tired of all its publicity no matter what news source you try to attend this is plastered still! Of course it was planned that way that is what is really sad!

After the 80's I am not shocked but I am tired of it. I didn't even watch the VMA's haven't for years now because it is such trash usually almost as bad as the Super Bowl Halftime shows.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

calstorm

Thank you for that! It was a very touching letter. I am a mom, not a dad, but I am going to show that to my boys.

You are welcome! But yes teach your boys to be MEN with honor, grace, courage and dignity!

Did you read the Mom one wrote to Miley it was quite humorous!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Lame.

Just as contrived as that VMA performance.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There are better alternatives out there. The only difference in the mainstream is that it doesn't matter how much people complain. Because any publicity is good. It's like how junk food is brilliantly marketed toward people. They know how to sell a product to the masses.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If you are so sick of hearing about Miley then WHY make a thread about her?

If you don't want to hear about it move along. I am sick of it too but it is what it is. Yes it's a distraction and yes I"m sure it was scripted and yes the music industry SUCKS but again it is what it is.

She has embarrassed herself and will regret it when she finally grows up.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

daskakik

Lame.

Just as contrived as that VMA performance.

Possibly, there always has to be the other side of the story and some way to bring the inspiration as it were out for those who found it appalling.

I just happen to think what he said rang true and wanted to share it!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

If you are so sick of hearing about Miley then WHY make a thread about her?

If you don't want to hear about it move along. I am sick of it too but it is what it is. Yes it's a distraction and yes I"m sure it was scripted and yes the music industry SUCKS but again it is what it is.

She has embarrassed herself and will regret it when she finally grows up.

The thread is not about Miley, there are no pictures or links to her or that performance.

It actually had more to do with the blame not put squarely where it belongs as I pointed out on the Producers and Handlers of Miley and the show.

But MOSTLY I liked what the Dad said to his son and I wanted it to have some attention. And I was hoping some people might agree and next time shut their TV's off.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

abeverage
It actually had more to do with the blame not put squarely where it belongs as I pointed out on the Producers and Handlers of Miley and the show.

Why the need to lay blame at all?

But MOSTLY I liked what the Dad said to his son and I wanted it to have some attention. And I was hoping some people might agree and next time shut their TV's off.

Why can't people be adults and keep the TV on and just take the performance for what it is?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I did not see her performance and, from what I've read about it here, do not care to. I am curious about an issue you've brought up with this:

I have no outrage other then against the hypocrisy trying to pin this all on a CRAZY 20 year old girl!
While I don't have a definite position on the situation, I'd like to ask you what responsibility does she have in all of this? We've pretty much rejected the "I was just following orders." defense, and she is an adult who was not facing physical coercion.

So, what is the justification? If she says, "I can do this offensive thing and make money from it," does that not reflect badly on her? And if she says, "There's nothing at all wrong with it," isn't that worse?

I'm sure there were pressures on her, but every time any of us have to make a decision there are pressures on us.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

daskakik

abeverage

Why the need to lay blame at all?

Why can't people be adults and keep the TV on and just take the performance for what it is?

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of blaming her for this which is pretty ludicrous.

People can (and obviously) do what they want. Over-sexualized scenes lack maturity and the VMA's are not designed for real Adults they are designed directly at Teens and pre-Adults.

Why do they need to take the performance (or lack of one) at all?

Unless you believe men should over sexualize and degrade women? That it is ok for married men to simulate sex acts with girls 14 years younger? Or that the music industry should take advantage of that as well?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

abeverage
I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of blaming her for this which is pretty ludicrous.

And I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in blaming anyone.

People can (and obviously) do what they want. Over-sexualized scenes lack maturity and the VMA's are not designed for real Adults they are designed directly at Teens and pre-Adults.

Teens and pre-adults that are already aware of sex. Why the hyperbole?

They don't but that isn't any better or worse than watching it for what it is.

Unless you believe men should over sexualize and degrade women?

You would have to prove that it is actually the men degrading women.

That it is ok for married men to simulate sex acts with girls 14 years younger?

It was her choice and she's 20 so your point is moot.

Or that the music industry should take advantage of that as well?

Take advantage? Like the blogger?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

daskakik

abeverage

And I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in blaming anyone.

Teens and pre-adults that are already aware of sex. Why the hyperbole?

They don't but that isn't any better or worse than watching it for what it is.

Unless you believe men should over sexualize and degrade women?

You would have to prove that it is actually the men degrading women.

That it is ok for married men to simulate sex acts with girls 14 years younger?

It was her choice and she's 20 so your point is moot.

Or that the music industry should take advantage of that as well?

Take advantage? Like the blogger?

If we do not hold those accountable for their actions what do we do? Do we not blame anyone for anything? Do we loosen morals to what point and to what end?

I have to prove nothing, I asked a pointed and direct question Do you believe men should over sexualize and degrade women? and I will further it...do you believe that act was demoralizing and overly sexual? These are questions not for society but for you...

You are correct it was her choice but again this is Directed question TO YOU...is it ok for a married man simulate sex acts with girls 14 years younger?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

abeverage
If we do not hold those accountable for their actions what do we do? Do we not blame anyone for anything? Do we loosen morals to what point and to what end?

If it isn't hurting anyone then no there is no reason to lay blame.

I have to prove nothing, I asked a pointed and direct question Do you believe men should over sexualize and degrade women. and I will further it...do you believe that act was demoralizing and overly sexual?

You are correct it was her choice but again this is Directed question TO YOU...is it ok for a married man simulate sex acts with girls 14 years younger?

She is an adult so whatever answers I give to your dierect questions are just as moot as the points you are trying to make.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

charles1952

I did not see her performance and, from what I've read about it here, do not care to. I am curious about an issue you've brought up with this:

I have no outrage other then against the hypocrisy trying to pin this all on a CRAZY 20 year old girl!
While I don't have a definite position on the situation, I'd like to ask you what responsibility does she have in all of this? We've pretty much rejected the "I was just following orders." defense, and she is an adult who was not facing physical coercion.

So, what is the justification? If she says, "I can do this offensive thing and make money from it," does that not reflect badly on her? And if she says, "There's nothing at all wrong with it," isn't that worse?

I'm sure there were pressures on her, but every time any of us have to make a decision there are pressures on us.

I could have sworn I replied to you Charles.

To me what is sad is that she has the distinction of being an Idol to millions of young girls (some now young women). Who look to her as a role model or an inspiration.

One has to wonder when they see this type of display what that means to them? You are 100% correct she had a choice before her and she could have taken a different path but instead proved that even with money and fame you can still act like trash.

I do believe she looked at as I can do this and I will be seen as an adult not Hanna Montana anymore screw anyone I'll do it!

I also have to wonder what it says about us as a society where it becomes a media sensation for her behavior but does not address anything of her partner in the song, or the rest of the Men involved with the production and the Industry. All attention has been brought upon her instead of the root of the problem. There may have been a few deflections at the Parents of both but again not the core of what is wrong.

We again as a society accept that well it's the VMA's what did you expect? Or she is a crazy 20 year old what did you expect. Instead of saying NO...that's enough I will not support this any longer.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The blogger is right of course but the shock value always seems to rest with the woman who degrades herself. That is not how decent women behave in public.

He was standing there singing. She was acting like a pig.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

The blogger is right of course but the shock value always seems to rest with the woman who degrades herself. That is not how decent women behave in public.

He was standing there singing. She was acting like a pig.

Her performance to me was no more shocking than Madg's 20 some years ago. Funny how nothing changed in that respect. I have no problem with Miley doing whatever it is she does I can turn the channel, but...to go out of their way to say it was her acting on this alone and that Thicke is not the real pig is hilarious!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is the image of Robin Thicke aimed at older men who dont never did/dont want to settle down? Those guys who believe they'll still be bedding young women in thier late 30's/40's?

The guy's a knock off product of Justin Timberlake, i bet he wear's really foul smelling aftershave

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join