It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Government Drill Planned to Test Possibility of U.S. Electric Grid Going Down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They additionally can't hold a event like this w/o notifying the general public.... That alone would make this planned test even deadlier and only more chaotic...

Is this a HOAX?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is a very stupid drill. There aren't many places that haven't experienced lack of electricity for hours or even days and weeks due to any variety of reasons. Is everyone supposed to panic because it's happening to a large area all at once? People in northern areas may already have snow and cold weather by then and for them it'll probly be more uncomfortable. November 13-14 is a Wed and Thur. Are they going to shut EVERYTHING down? How much money will some businesses lose and will the NYSE/NASDAQ also be shut down? Does that mean no work for all those employed? One day without electricity does not a survivor make.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I seem to remember that some times when we are in the middle of drills .. those events actually happen. 9/11 for instance. I'll be interested to see if anything comes of this actually happening on those dates.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
The US government wouldn't DARE attempt an actual major shut down of the nation's power grid, for ANY reason, so close to Thanksgiving and the start of the Holiday shopping season immediately thereafter.

The Corporate Overlords would fill the streets of Washington D.C. with the blood and heads of their politician lackeys.

I think if this were done to us on purpose, the enormity of the destruction is much bigger and longer than a shopping season. If it started in November, with the winter season starting, it would take out a lot of people quickly. The season would also keep people from roaming.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I echo that FFan. If 'they're' going to take a try - why not make it real and profit on the reconstruction.

My Gawd, the suicides to FaceBook withdrawal alone... (/sarcasm)

So - anyone call HOAX yet?

I hope it is - no offence to the thread host.

peace

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by StoutBroux
This is a very stupid drill. There aren't many places that haven't experienced lack of electricity for hours or even days and weeks due to any variety of reasons. Is everyone supposed to panic because it's happening to a large area all at once? People in northern areas may already have snow and cold weather by then and for them it'll probly be more uncomfortable. November 13-14 is a Wed and Thur. Are they going to shut EVERYTHING down? How much money will some businesses lose and will the NYSE/NASDAQ also be shut down? Does that mean no work for all those employed? One day without electricity does not a survivor make.

You need to think EMP. From Nuclear bomb detonating over the center of the us or a solar emp. That scenario will shut it all down, all. Sure, areas live through blackouts, but they can still get around,(gas) and get deliveries to their grociery stores, and so on. Think about everything everywhere down. In the event of an emp, cars will not work, even with gas. Think of the health issues, dirty water, no water, diabetics all dying off as they run out of insulin, that's a commonly shown scenario... people desperate and hungry, people start to act crazy when they are hungry and thirsty. Surely, big cities will have all their freeways shut down for those that want to get out. Military will block all the easy accesses. People will roam neighborhoods, break into homes.
If you are fortunate enough to have a good supply of food, people will smell it cooking.
People will die, and the dead will just get buried all over, if we're lucky. Hope you don't get sick, because there's no medicine.

the situation could go on for years, since we don't have backup systems for the fried one. Including 1/2 a billion dead cars.

That is a serious catastrophy.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem incredibly stupid to be poking Syria right now and then announce to the entire world (which hates Americas guts) that the entire North American continent will be powerless on a specific date?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
From reading the entire document, it appears it will be in a classroom, with videos injecting signals into different grids algorithms to determine if they detect it and prevent it, not actually killing power to the entire grid.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Criminey. Don't you people even bother to look at the source material? The grid is not going to be shut down.

As in the first GridEx engagement, GridEx II will feature a hybrid operational and discussion bas ed exercise format that combines a geographically distributed environment for operators and a tabletop exercise for executive leadership. The majority of players will participate in the exercise from their normal places of work . During the one and a half days of live exercise pla y, participants will receive sequen ced email messages that detail notional scenario conditions. Based on this information, players will engage in both internal response measures and external information sharing activities across the sec tor. An Exercise Con trol cell, based in Washington, DC, will manage scenario distribution, monitor exercise play, and capture response activities.
www.signup4.net...

Of course, everyone remembers how terrible the first GRID exercises (conducted in 2011 were), right?
www.nerc.com...

On one hand we get people complaining that nothing is being done to protect the grid. On the other we get people claiming that an exercise to help do just that is a terrible thing.
edit on 8/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I was going to say the exact same thing. She has warned of a major event... And the. There's the sun... Lots going on. Now i know why the sudden construction in Colorado and all the caskets, and FEMA and rail road/shackled cars...

Scary stuff... I'm glad i live in the Country of Montana w/ land to grow... Errrr i think lol

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage.

I'm a little stressed-out lately.
I'm one of our go-to guys in my community when an elderly neighbor needs to flush their toilet (due to the well crapping-out on us.

Carrying buckets of water up from the creek for everybody for who knows how long until power is restored is not an ambition I'm looking forward to achieving.

If this test is going to keep me from failing my neighbors, so be it.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

You need to think EMP. From Nuclear bomb detonating over the center of the us or a solar emp. That scenario will shut it all down, all. Sure, areas live through blackouts, but they can still get around,(gas) and get deliveries to their grociery stores, and so on. Think about everything everywhere down. In the event of an emp, cars will not work, even with gas. Think of the health issues, dirty water, no water, diabetics all dying off as they run out of insulin, that's a commonly shown scenario... people desperate and hungry, people start to act crazy when they are hungry and thirsty. Surely, big cities will have all their freeways shut down for those that want to get out. Military will block all the easy accesses. People will roam neighborhoods, break into homes.
If you are fortunate enough to have a good supply of food, people will smell it cooking.
People will die, and the dead will just get buried all over, if we're lucky. Hope you don't get sick, because there's no medicine.

the situation could go on for years, since we don't have backup systems for the fried one. Including 1/2 a billion dead cars.

That is a serious catastrophy.

I don't disagree with you, EMP or such is very probable. My issue is that a single day of no electricity is rather ho hum, it isn't that significant, even for business. The NYSE was shut down on October 30, 2012 for two days because of Hurricane Sandy and everyone survived that financially. Being without electricity has happened before. Now if they're going to leave the electricity completely off for two weeks for the whole country, all inclusive, that would be a true test of the integrity of the preparedness and survivability of the masses. As I said, one day of not having electricity does not a survivor make.
edit on 30-8-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
they must have foreknowledge of an event,probably solar related. this is them just coverng their rear-end when the backlash comes about them not telling us.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
From reading the entire document, it appears it will be in a classroom, with videos injecting signals into different grids algorithms to determine if they detect it and prevent it, not actually killing power to the entire grid.

Thanks. That makes a lot more sense. Note to self: Must not skim read important news.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I do not read anything in the provided links that power will actually be lost. Every grid has equipment capable of performing "mock tests." Regardless, patients on life support are housed in medical facilities with emergency back-up generators capable of providing full power for the entire facility.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Let me just take a moment and express some Phage-love.
All ya really gotta do when you see thread titles like this is look for that dejected/disappointed John Lithgow scowl (classic). Props bub. People really DON'T read anymore, do they? :/

How many people would die the night of a major power-outage like this? Just the Sleep Apnea patients alone would be staggering:

Sleeping Disorder Statistics.

That's right, it says the "Percent of people who suffer from sleep apnea" equals 5%. Keep in mind many people with this disorder either don't know it, take too long to get it checked out and die before diagnosis, or do not all require a machine to keep them alive. If you're waking up gasping for air several times a night, with cold sweats, swearing you probably just had a nightmare because your heart is racing, but you can't remember what it was about, it's time to get tested.

That said, not every bit of that 5% rely on a CPAP machine to keep them alive, and many people CAN make it two full days without sleep (tough but possible to go longer
), but how many other ailments, disabilities or illnesses require machines even on a minute by minute basis? Your respective power companies even think twice before turning these kind of conditions' power off due to lawsuit liabilities.

Just saying...maybe if Obama really is Nostradamus' 3rd Antichrist and hellbent on killing off some if not most people with disabilities and hiding it behind a "drill", then perhaps we could believe a story like this. Is it out of the realm of possibility that would be over 30 Million people in two days? I don't think so. And I don't think he's that far gone (yet).

On a side note: That's just about the amount of people (or should I say vehicles) it would take to completely clog up Washington D.C. and Wall Street (after they got to work) enough for them to be trapped at work, and maybe take a listen to what we have to say about all the B.S. that's been going on lately? Maybe get back some semblance of our founding doctrines?

But hey, maybe I'm wrong...don't do my any favors Potus. Really...don't. lol

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Unless I completely missed it..
No Where does it say in this DRILL they will actually shutdown the power grid does it?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

gz007
No Where does it say in this DRILL they will actually shutdown the power grid does it?

Amazing....

Criticize the media and government unmercifully unless it fits in with your agenda; Then believe their lies.

The media and government doesn't have that good of a "truthtelling" record now do they???

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gz007

Why on Earth would they actually tell the public anything 100% ?

Is this story in the MSM ?

Is it on TV ?

If and When they plan a meltdown, you will be the last to know.

The story is warning you to get prepared !!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Is this story in the MSM ?
Not that I know of.

Is it on TV ?
Not that I know of.

Why on Earth would they actually tell the public anything 100% ?
So, apparently "they" haven't told the public anything at all, right? That would be 0%.

But, leaving the "public" out of it. The actual documents from NERC, the guys doing all this (not the government, BTW), there is nothing even approaching a shutdown in the works. So who are they lying to? Themselves? Were they lying about the 2011 exercise too?

The story is warning you to get prepared !!!!!
You mean the one in the OP? Prepared for what? It doesn't say there will be a shutdown either. But it does talk about the problems a grid collapse would engender.

But I guess you think it would be better if the power industry didn't do anything about trying to prevent or mitigate such a thing from happening, right? Just hope for the best.
edit on 8/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join