It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Think Rebuilding The Temple of David Should be Endorsed ...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

So when the scriptures say he sent the Israelites across the isles of the seas to the four corners ,they went all the way to palistine ? So why would he gather them from the ends of the Earth if they were (cough) next door?
That's the whole thing, God didn't.
The European Jews (not descended from actual ancient Abrahamic tribes) brought themselves to Palestine in order to elevate their own social status, from their former stateless status, having since their move from Khazaristan centuries ago considered themselves an ethnic nation living amongst other nations they felt to be no part of.
edit on 30-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Read Revelation 21 and you may gain some revelation. Rebuilding the temple as a Christian would be going back to the old way, to the law of flesh and sacrifices, which is no good for us.

This too may also give some clue.

Jeremiah 7:17-24

17 Do you not see what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 18 The children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger. 19 Do they provoke Me to anger?” says the Lord. “Do they not provoke themselves, to the shame of their own faces?”

20 Therefore thus says the Lord God: “Behold, My anger and My fury will be poured out on this place—on man and on beast, on the trees of the field and on the fruit of the ground. And it will burn and not be quenched.”

21 Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat meat. 22 For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. 23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’ 24 Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward.

The theme is to go forward, not back to old ways. The theme of repenting, is to change your mind and no longer do things that are harmful or sinful to you or others.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

. . . it will add to the ineptitude of the Antichrist's woefully false claim of deity.
Do you realize that the Bible never mentions a particular person called the antichrist?
What you said earlier in your post is very apt, "theory", since that is all these futuristic schemes are.

Believe me it's endorsed by millions. On both sides, no doubt.
By people who don't know their Bible and are easily mislead by alluring tales.

Remember though we pray for his Kingdom Come if He's still waiting that means there's still people making the decision to join Him.
The New Testament says that Jesus is Lord. There is no waiting since God's kingdom exists right now, that is what Jesus was going around Palestine proclaiming.
Anyone who believes that Satan rules, in my opinion, is making him their god.
My God is the New Testament God, the father of our Lord Jesus, and He rules.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

. . . they cannot build until the Jewish Messiah comes forth as an Actual descendant of David ,the father of Solomon , And he must bring Peace and eradicate Israels enemies , plus Elijah has to come back in all his Power and Glory ..did i miss anything here?.
Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the King of the Jews, the Son of David.
Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah come.
The New Testament, using support from Psalms, says that Jesus would put his enemies under his subjection.
Jesus as the Son of Man came into his power and glory at the end of the former age, when Herod's temple in Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

. . . but then countless other temples are being built . . .

Could you name any of these "countless" other temples?
I know about one that was being built in India as a western financed New Age sort of affair.
Who else even builds temples other than the Mormons?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

. . . i am a christian . . .
Do you belong to a church and attend?
What sort of church do you go to that fills you full of a lot of antichristian theories, where you are supporting the very institution that killed Jesus?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Armageddon can wait for a few more years, I think.
Armageddon came and went a long time ago at the close of the former age.
It is only in the doom and gloom cult theories that Armageddon is made out to be a negative, world-ending event. In the book of Revelation, it is the intervention of God that fixes the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

. . . but Armageddon comes before Judgement , and rejoice to be seated on the Lords right hand all who have loved the lord , I fear nothing , in Christ you are saved ..remember ,one day this will happen , dont ever doubt this , The Temple will be Rebuilt , In Jerusalem...and do not fear , or hiss , but rejoice the word of the lord has come to pass .
Armageddon already happened because Jesus is Lord.
Judgment happens after you die.
There is no prophecy in the Bible about a future temple of the true God built by human hands.
All you are doing is being wise in man-made fables.
You need to do what was suggested to you earlier, to stop worrying, get on with your life, and get connected with the real God rather than the made-up version that participates in these theoretical scenarios.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

StaceyWilson
reply to post by buster2010

ews do have a place to worship it's called a synagogue. Is the anti Christ in that big of a hurry to have his temple built? He must be in a hurry to start with the sacrifices again.

Um..you mean spirtual BBQ .....The priests ate that BBQ chicken,and Lamb , and could keep the flour , its not what you've been taught to believe .Read your um..Bible , this is what amazes Muslims as well , the lack of knowledge of your own scripture ..Did not the lord say rejoice for my time is near when you see these things unfold ?

Maybe you are the one that needs to read the bible. And it wouldn't hurt for you to actually learn what the temple was used for.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well , this has been great , i cant wait to see prophecy played out , and im glad to be apart of this discussion , to see all you christians behave and rudely and verbally cull me because i have a statement just shows how false you are ,and you all showed me no love but condemnation, a man once came along and went against the staus quo , and was killed for it,and rose again ,but you have no love for your fellow humans and quick to call me a murderer ,Internet Christian Gangsters with a few cups of Bully , So you throw your crazy name calling thoughts upon me , you dont know me ,and i can see how you are not who you say you are ....Lol

I know real christians .....Build the Temple God , For only you Can , Then watch the world , Apparently the 2nd Coming of Jesus has already happened ..lol Forgive them they are not lol

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

. . . i cant wait to see prophecy played out . . .

Since you believe in these supposed prophecies so strongly, maybe you could actually post a couple of them so we can see what you are talking about, you know, like actual Bible verses.
Or do you think the Bible is unnecessary and if someone gives a good talk, then that is good enough, because here you have a living prophet telling you directly what is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
God mostly destroyed the temple in 70 AD because it is no longer needed. No good can come from rebuilding it. It will be destroyed again.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
God mostly destroyed the temple in 70 AD because it is no longer needed. No good can come from rebuilding it. It will be destroyed again.

A bit of a problem there. There is a prophecy that specifically predicts that a 3rd temple is supposed to be built.

Book of Zechariah states that there is supposed to be 2 branches. 2 personal assistants to God. One branch came back in the BC era and built the 2nd temple. But. There is the problem of the 2nd branch.

Zechariah 6.
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

2 branches. 2 temples. This is a unfulfilled prophecy.

Now another reason why the branches are important.

Revelation 11
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

The branches are the witnesses of Revelation. The 2nd witness clearly has to build a temple in order for Revelation to play out.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

. . . the branches are important.
This all seems a bit fuzzy to me.
How is two trees (in Revelation) the same as branches?

In Zechariah 6:13, it says,

. . . a priest on his throne. And there will be harmony between the two.'

It says Joshua's name is the branch.
Then it says "the two" will be in harmony, apparently meaning the two roles, the wearer of the crown, builder of the temple, being one thing, and being a priest, the second.
Zechariah's style of writing is to use old references and give them new uses, many that we can pick out as coming from known places in the Old Testament, and some that are lost to us now. What it looks like to me is that he is playing on these recorded aspects to the personalities of David and Solomon, that being kings, they also liked to try playing the part of a priest making offerings.
Zechariah is probably harmonizing those two roles by starting with a person who is a priest, and giving him a crown.
The name, branch, may be legitimizing the person to wear the crown, as a reference to the "branch of Jesse" from Isaiah.
My conclusion being that Zechariah was not talking about two people.
edit on 31-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech

A bit of a problem there. There is a prophecy that specifically predicts that a 3rd temple is supposed to be built.

I did not say it would not be rebuilt. I said if it is rebuilt, God will destroy it again. This time fully. Not one stone will remain upon another. The prophecy of Jesus will be fulfilled.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

The prophecy of Jesus will be fulfilled.

Over and over, I assume.
As many times as people build one, it will be torn down.
That seems to be the way it works.
The whole "temple" thing is very pagan and why The Lord called Abraham out of Ur in the first place, the city of temples.
According to the old Abrahamic law, no altar was to be built using "dressed" stones.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

To understand how the branches of Zechariah work you might also want to look at Malachi and Daniel as well. According to Malachi the hierarchy in Heaven works like this. At the top is the Lord of Hosts. Also known as the Ancient of Days in Daniel. Just below him is the Lord. Also known as the son of Man in Daniel. Jesus Christ claims to be this entity.

Just below him is the branches. The messengers of Malachi. The messenger and the messenger of the covenant. Daniel 12 describes the 2 messengers accompanying the Lord as he explains some of the details of the great vision Daniel is experiencing.

And there is this story from Genesis 18.

1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

Normally the Lord runs with a posse.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Just below him is the branches. The messengers of Malachi. The messenger and the messenger of the covenant.
I understand that this is the subject of some debate among biblical scholars. I have three books on this and maybe I should go back over this matter a bit, but looking at it right now, it is hard for me to justify that there are two messengers being described because you have one description as "messenger of the covenant", and the other "messenger" mention without being described as a messenger of anything in particular, other than doing a "clearing the way".

Daniel 12 describes the 2 messengers accompanying the Lord as he explains some of the details of the great vision Daniel is experiencing.
This vision starts in Daniel chapter 10 and in verse 5 describes a man dressed in linen. In verse 11, he explains that he had been "sent", which I think would make him a messenger.
Chapter 12 introduces "two others", making a total of three of whatever these were.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Youre taking it one-sided....because you are Christian. But it sits atop a Moslem Holy Site. RIGHT on top. Wouldnt you be angry if someone came and said they a right to destroy your Holy location so they could build THEIR site?

It has to be built on the exact same spot it once existed. And it will not happen in our lifetimes Im afraid. You'd have to probably kill thousands and thousands of Muslim and convince the survivors that you win.

And that...will cause all the rest to a final showdown once and for all. It has to happen this way 1st. And I dont see the Moslems giving away their Holy Site so we can have ours. Right THERE.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Ok, to get a little more thorough here then.

Zechariah 3 mentions that God would eventually bring forth his servant the Branch. Then Zechariah 4 describes the Branches plural.

1 And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep.
2 And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
3 And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.

11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.

Essentially the Branches are the Lord's personal assistants.

Then in Zechariah 6 it's stated what the purpose of the Branch is. However there is 2 Branches. So this must be a dual prophecy then.

10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;
11 Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
14 And the crowns shall be to Helem, and to Tobijah, and to Jedaiah, and to Hen the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of the LORD.
15 And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God.

Between verse 12 and 13 there is an apparent gap of several thousand years.

Now Malachi 3 also gives us a quick glimpse of the future temple after the Apocalypse. The Lord and his 2 messengers are present. The priests would be purified and the temple would operate like the temple of old. With offerings to the Lord that they would accept.

But the messengers would also have to be the Branches. Zechariah says there is only 2 anointed ones that stand by the Lord. Malachi is simply calling them by a different name.

Now for Daniel.

Daniel 10 through 12 is all part of the same event. And Daniel 10 starts off by telling us that he looked up and saw this guy.

5 Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

And he calls him Lord.

And in Daniel 12 he's still talking to the same guy. But now he's standing on the river. Quite simply he's talking to the Lord and his 2 branches are there with him.

But then he does this.

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Who is he swearing to? Obviously the Ancient of Days of Daniel 7. Then that would make this guy the Son of Man. The other half of the Godhead.

edit on 1-9-2013 by ntech because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join