It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Think Rebuilding The Temple of David Should be Endorsed ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I understand your sentiments on the suffering , according to scripture ,or , fear of what it means to Arab nations , for i think outside of fear and scripture , no one would intervene if it meant not destroying the mosque that inhabits the rock of abraham,in jerusalem , but a temple created to the likes of the jews , according to their scriptures

edit on 29-8-2013 by StaceyWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Are there not places of worship and temples across Jerusalem? Have they insufficient facilities now? I don't believe that is the case. I do know without question that attempting to build the 3rd Temple on the Temple Mount will cause no end of open shooting conflict again, like wasn't even seen at the very height of the uprisings of past years.

Why should it be built, rather than asking why not? I've heard no good reason or basis for the need.

Places of worship, ok , maybe so , but this temple , this particular temple has a history of being ransacked and destroyed by foreign invaders , for what cause ? Intolerance? Killing animals? (Whom the owners gave over ,also,by the way ,it was actually a BBQ,for the priests of Levi were allowed to eat the cooked meat ? ) Why do i feel this has been blown out of proportion to subdue and make war on a certain people?Race, and restricting a way of life?
In a modern world

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

2. Why would the world be so hasty to avoid the building of the Jewish peoples Deity ,The God of Israel when..
Nobody is against it.
They should build one in Brooklyn.
I think they can do that with no opposition as long as they didn't sacrifice any animals.
In fact, I would not be surprised if there was not already several Jewish temples in Brooklyn right now.
So your entire premise is bogus.
What you should try to understand is why ancient mosques should not be destroyed.
edit on 29-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

1.Sacrificing Animals ? You mean having a BBQ in which only the priests can eat ? Didnt you know thats what is was?
Bogus? Ancient Mosques shouldnt be destroyed , nope,do not want that at all, But a Temple the likes that King Solomon constructed made in Brooklyn ?, When i see it,i will believe it lol

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So , if no mosques are being destroyed , where does the fear come from? Why is there condemnation?
I wish someone would honestly tell me why this must not happen, and the Anti Christ ? You could only believe this if you were Christian, i do not know of any other religion that would believe in an Anti Christ apart from Muslims ?(pls someone correct me if im wrong?)
And Christians fear not an Anti Christ , So where i make my point is , the temple needs to be rebuilt, just like Solomon did, and help bring closure to a people who want this to happen ,as a goodwill gesture
.Rebuild the temple

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson
reply to post by Bassago

Start War , with whom? War is already started , and it never ends seemlessly , and with all the research given,are not isreal armed to the teeth with high tech weapons ? My point being, in a modern world of freedom to worship ,hows is it this topic is taboo too everyone in which fear of war ,and doom,over the building of Israels temple ?

Look, build the temple wherever you want EXCEPT do not build it on top of the Dome of the Rock which is the shiny golden Muslim mosque that's been there for a real long time. If you do you will start a war in Jerusalem between the Arabs and Jews.

If that seems OK to you because Israel has lots of high tech weapons and tearing down the mosque "has to be done to build your temple" then maybe you should not be so quick to hope that said temple gets built in the first place.

:bnghd:
edit on 30-8-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Well if you believe Christian eschatology, than the longer the Temple doesn't exist, the longer we all have to proselytize to the lost.

Rushing its inception through the forced effort of man, may not be the best Idea either.
edit on 29-8-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

This temple hasnt been built for 2000 years! I can honestly say no is rushing

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Like i said my excited friend , are you certain its all about the dome on the rock ? The question i ask is the Temple , do you think the Temple can be rebuilt without War , i think it should and most likely will , but is also my belief that the actual temple puts fear into alot of people for no good reason ..

edit on 30-8-2013 by StaceyWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I find your language curious. You say that people are rushing NOT to do something...I have never heard that phrasing before in any other situation.

"He is rushing not to go to work" nope.

"she is rushing not to be home" nope.

"They are very hasty to rush not to build the new post office" NOPE.

Your language doesn't work in any of those situations, and I think that shows the inherent contradiction in your logic. You are the one who wants to rush things, and you are projecting that onto everyone else in anticipation of that, haha.

I don't care if it is built or not, as long as the Dome of the Rock is left untampered with. I don't have any religious expectations surrounding it. But then you do... you don't want the temple so much to be built, as you want the world to end. You say you want a place to worship, why not state what you really think and not equivocate? You want Jesus to come back as soon as possible, and you want the 7 years of suffering as soon as possible. Why not take the advice of another poster, and use that time to help others, and love those you think are damned? Revelations tells us that no man knows the time. Why do you want to push God? Is that a humble, patient attitude?

Kids want everything NOW. You may not be a child, but this is surely a childish attitude.

You can have your temple, but answer me why you want it? And don't answer to worship, you can do that anywhere in the whole galaxy.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

If that seems OK to you because Israel has lots of high tech weapons and tearing down the mosque "has to be done to build your temple" then maybe you should not be so quick to hope that said temple gets built in the first place.
reply to post by Bassago

It seems the Arab world and the western world are concerned with Israels Firepower and Nuclear Weapons,and the fact Israel are very well financed by the U.S.A , so i cant see an Attack by Arabs because of this? lol
i think ill go as far as saying , hypothetically , what if the dome was moved away ? You mean to tell me thats the last straw for Arabs and Muslims Worldwide when Syria and Egypt are outraged already , sorry,im not buying that Israel will come under the wraith of the Arab world , but thats my opinion , but for political correctness, i wont push that debate yet

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

It seems the Arab world and the western world are concerned with Israels Firepower and Nuclear Weapons,and the fact Israel are very well financed by the U.S.A , so i cant see an Attack by Arabs because of this? lol

I don't think you have much understanding of the signifcance of the Dome of the Rock. It is probably the holiest site in Judiasm and Islam. It is where the prophet Muhammed ascended to heaven. How would you feel if the one true cross was found, but destroyed so a mosque could be built where it stood? Now multiply that rage by 20 (because that is how the Arab world works), and surround the destroyers of the true cross with a circle of their greatest mortal enemies. Do you really think the world of Islam will allow those they consider their greatest enemies to defile their greatest site? People who hunger to die in battle to please Allah... those people are going to allow Allah's miracles to be wiped away?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeraynor
I find your language curious. You say that people are rushing NOT to do something...I have never heard that phrasing before in any other situation.

"He is rushing not to go to work" nope.

"she is rushing not to be home" nope.

"They are very hasty to rush not to build the new post office" NOPE.

Your language doesn't work in any of those situations, and I think that shows the inherent contradiction in your logic. You are the one who wants to rush things, and you are projecting that onto everyone else in anticipation of that, haha.

I don't care if it is built or not, as long as the Dome of the Rock is left untampered with. I don't have any religious expectations surrounding it. But then you do... you don't want the temple so much to be built, as you want the world to end. You say you want a place to worship, why not state what you really think and not equivocate? You want Jesus to come back as soon as possible, and you want the 7 years of suffering as soon as possible. Why not take the advice of another poster, and use that time to help others, and love those you think are damned? Revelations tells us that no man knows the time. Why do you want to push God? Is that a humble, patient attitude?

Kids want everything NOW. You may not be a child, but this is surely a childish attitude.

You can have your temple, but answer me why you want it? And don't answer to worship, you can do that anywhere in the whole galaxy.

You speak of God like you know him through scripture ? Do you know god from scripture ? No one can Push God...lol...You mention 7 years of suffering ? Are you scared? Why would you imply me to be a bad person for wanting equal rights for all humans , when the churchs in Egypt were burnt to the ground in recent events ,i bet they thought
" Hey Christian,You can worship anywhere in the galaxy, so im gonna burn your churchs down", because you my friend , are doing exactly what those in egypt are doing , not in action,but in mind

So you agree the Jews should have their temple in all fairness?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
They can have any temple they want.

But I am convinced you don't want the temple just for its own sake.

I don't have any opinion about the suffering of revelations because it is not my belief. What concerns me is that you would willfully put others in front of the bus because it seems you feel you are right with god, so the others be damned (literally). I don't feel like that is the attitude Jesus or Mary would have were they here. They would be caring and loving others the best they could, and they would trust to God to do what he chose when the time was right. I feel like that is the example Christians ought to follow, for it is the best of that religion that I have seen.

I don't think you are a bad person. I think this is a confused notion though.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I don't think you have much understanding of the signifcance of the Dome of the Rock. It is probably the holiest site in Judiasm and Islam. It is where the prophet Muhammed ascended to heaven. How would you feel if the one true cross was found, but destroyed so a mosque could be built where it stood? Now multiply that rage by 20 (because that is how the Arab world works), and surround the destroyers of the true cross with a circle of their greatest mortal enemies. Do you really think the world of Islam will allow those they consider their greatest enemies to defile their greatest site? People who hunger to die in battle to please Allah... those people are going to allow Allah's miracles to be wiped away?

Interesting , and i have known this point for awhile , but can you honestly tell me , that the U.S.A is not going in on Syria? Egypt? Can you honestly tell me the U.S.A are intimidated by the Arab World ? I believe they are not , Iraq,Afganistan ...They are not gonna stop bro , thats what im seeing right now,but thats a different topic, or is it?
The Temple will be Rebuilt in Jerusalem , where ? Who knows , but i know they will build it where they want, this is my point .

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I am not discussing the US, or anyone's intimdation. I am saying that the Arabs are simply not going to take the dismantling of the Dome of the Rock sitting down. They don't care who they need to fight, or whether that enemy is intimidated or not, it is a line they will not allow crossed. Do you love war? Why would any person want a war to happen that is absolutely not needed? The prophecy is that the temple will be rebuilt one day. If you believe those scriptures, you believe it is certain, so no one is going to stop it when it will happen. You are willing to see hundreds of thousands killed just to make sure that day is tomorrow? You have to see that is a selfish notion?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

They can have any temple they want.

But I am convinced you don't want the temple just for its own sake.

I don't have any opinion about the suffering of revelations because it is not my belief. What concerns me is that you would willfully put others in front of the bus because it seems you feel you are right with god, so the others be damned (literally). I don't feel like that is the attitude Jesus or Mary would have were they here. They would be caring and loving others the best they could, and they would trust to God to do what he chose when the time was right. I feel like that is the example Christians ought to follow, for it is the best of that religion that I have seen.

I don't think you are a bad person. I think this is a confused notion though.

Were the Jews confused in building the temple in the first place? You imply they are , I simply wish for them to have their temple , why then should we wait for excuses that people want it for the wrong reasons lol, not your religion ? Yet you imply about being a christian , what if i wasnt a christian ? What if i were a Jew ? All im saying is let the people have their temple , but can you give me reason why they shouldnt?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I surmise that you are a Christian because I have never met a Jew with this same concern about the rebuilding of the Temple. If you are a Jew, that is just as well. I didn't say I was against it, if it could be done without removing the Dome of the Rock. I tend to like synogues, they have amazing architecture. If you can build it on an uncontested site, go for it.

But please be honest. What is your real, sincere reason for wanting this particular temple, and not just any synogue? Your arguments have applied to a standard place of worship, but your demands are for the Temple of David. Why do you want the Temple of David? I will tell you again, don't say to worship. That is what a synogue is for. Why do you want the Temple of David itself?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No matter what people believe , or dont believe, There is every chance that rebuilding the temple for the jews will be just another temple of worship , and the way the choose to worship is their choice , and i believe it will be rebuilt minus the stigma and superstition attached , and freedom of worship will be the reason , yes ,i think that would be a great thing , a celebration for a people whos history has been subjected to eugenics and genocide , and whos temple has been constantly destroyed by foreigners , and God (according to scriptures) ..
And when it does , True Christians will REJOICE, for the day of their redemption has come (Scripture)
And everyone else life goes on .....or does it?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by joeraynor

My true intentions are the same for any worshipper , weather buddist or hindu, To be with their God, And god dwelleth in the Temple of David for the Jews , My sincere thinking is that this is their belief , and it seems to be the only religion on Earth wheres they are not allowed that particular Temple, The temple built by Solomon ,

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I surmise that you are a Christian because I have never met a Jew with this same concern about the rebuilding of the Temple.

Stacey Wilson says
Well heres some Jews who are actively Rebuilding the first stagesTemple Rebuilders
edit on 30-8-2013 by StaceyWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

And when it does , True Christians will REJOICE, for the day of their redemption has come (Scripture)

Thank you, this is what I was asking for, for a while. This is your agenda. It is better to say what you mean, and not diguise it with half-sentiments.

If this is what you want, so be it.

My advice is simply to trust to God to do what he will. Why not be more concerned about living your life in love and service, and not wishing it to its end as fast as possible? You must believe God put you here for a reason, afterall...

I think I have said all that I will say, and am repeating myself at this point. I wish you well!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join