It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One cannot be a true christian without...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Respecting and living Jewish traditions rites and rituals... Nuff said to all you so called preachers out there.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
*sigh* There are soooo many verses in the Bible that counter that thinking, I don't even know where to begin.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thank you for such a well written, in-depth thread filled with excellent material to digest!

I know you have put a lot of hard work into your OP, but could you possibly expand on that premise?

Why does a Christian have to respect and practice Jewish rituals and such?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Oh Sheep... You slave driver! You'll have people wearing out keyboards and working their fingers raw.

The OP already gives War and Peace a run for it's money....what more could we want? 2 full and complete sentences? Oh, how unfair a demand.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Well now...I ca n honestly say as I have been a member of 12+ churches that people do not live the word of christ and do not live the word of the old testament. They go to church and listen to surrmons then after they leave they are more concerned with their reputation than their character. To aspire to be like christ is to become a disciple of christ not just a follower or a frequent reader of the bible. Prayer every night is not connecting with Christ or god its about inner contemplation. Not Asking god for help.

Jesus plainly states of the inward journey. If people are more concerned about reputation than character than they are lieing to themselves and to CHRIST. Which is a sin? I live in the bible belt and more Christians commit more sins than non religious people based on that premise alone. Why do you think only 144000 people will automatically be granted access into heaven. huh...I see more enlightend people who are atheist who are more worthy and most likely be granted access to the entrance into heaven than Christians or Jews.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eso322

Well now...I ca n honestly say as I have been a member of 12+ churches that people do not live the word of christ and do not live the word of the old testament. They go to church and listen to surrmons then after they leave they are more concerned with their reputation than their character. To aspire to be like christ is to become a disciple of christ not just a follower or a frequent reader of the bible. Prayer every night is not connecting with Christ or god its about inner contemplation. Not Asking god for help.

Jesus plainly states of the inward journey. If people are more concerned about reputation than character than they are lieing to themselves and to CHRIST. Which is a sin? I live in the bible belt and more Christians commit more sins than non religious people based on that premise alone. Why do you think only 144000 people will automatically be granted access into heaven. huh...I see more enlightend people who are atheist who are more worthy and most likely be granted access to the entrance into heaven than Christians or Jews.

144,000 relies on outdated theology, based on Replacement theology from turn of the century, when many cults sprung up with that beilef, as well as many churches as well.

It all stems from the LACK of Israel being in existences at the time, Turn of the Century Christians had no idea what the References to Israel meant for prophecy when the Country did not exist.

So the thought be came "OH that must be US THE CHURCH" so it became a popular belief in the 1900's, you see it mostly in the JW faith.

Its not, its 144,000 Virgin Jewish Males, left from the 12 tribes, Israel was reformed like the Bible promised.

Replacement theology is a result of not taking god at his word.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So are you just going to be thread spamming this thought over and over, are do you actually want discourse and intellectual thoughts?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Multiple proselytizing threads. Same subject. Pretty sure it's against the T&C.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join