It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: An Individual Soldiers' Perspective-Part 1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

From one old veteran to a new god speed my friend, we are with you in spirit. You are never alone, we will always be with you, draw from the strength of your brothers, frak the rest. Keep your powder dry and your mind right, don't think twice about these savages who don't have any sense of honor and kill women and children.

Keep your head down and come back to the world, that is all that matters. It is almost over and all that matters now is to come home safe. We love you, we thank you, we are here for you, whatever you need.

Your brother, the Bot

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have one simple question.....

If US troops were not in Afghanistan, would that IED have still gone off?

With all due respect, nothing the OP listed for why they are the "bad guys" gives the US military any reason to be at War. If it did, why have we not invaded India where women are treated like pieces of meat and raped left and right? What about the Congo? No shortage of dead children there.

No one questions if the military is doing some good things there, but that still does not justify being there. The Taliban did not attack us. They did not fly planes into a building on 9/11. The whole reason we went into Afghanistan to begin with was to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden and that mission is accomplished. I won't even get into the fact that the Taliban offered to give up Bin Laden but the US declined and opted to remain in combat instead.

Want to know who I blame for that injured 6 year old? The US Government. Why? Simple. If troops were not there, that IED would not have been set up or ignited. Even the OP him/herself suspected that it was done to suck troops into the area. If those troops are gone, there is no explosion and no injured 6 year old girl with her leg blown off.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Then why do they target afgani police with the same ied's?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

The Afghani police are a result of the American invasion, so your comment is meaningless.(off course)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ignore the naysayers VXN. You’re there and they are not, nor probably ever have been in the situation that you describe.

And no matter what you may say, they will always hate you for it because you are a better person than they are. And that irritates them. How dare you be the person you are?

And all they can do is come up with only a few bad apples, which every segment in society has anyways to vindicate their feelings.

You keep doing the right things and you should be ok.

Stay safe man.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

War Sucks, but this is your decision so make sure you fight with integrity.
Personally, it would be good if you all did this..........

reply to post by NeoParadigm

Your bum must get so jealous with all of the crap that comes out of your mouth.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And the enemy is a morally bankrupt group of barbaric men who don't even try to make a distinction between civilian and military targets.

Did you watch the vid I posted.

You can clearly see kids sitting in the van that stopped to help the wounded of the first salvos, who were also unarmed.

They lit up the van anyways.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Your bum must get so jealous with all of the crap that comes out of your mouth.

I don't see much difference in consistency from yours.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I can gaurantee you that most of his collegues will frown upon the fact that he is spilling his guts here.

It's embarassing.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm

The Afghani police are a result of the American invasion, so your comment is meaningless.(off course)

So the Taliban only started bombing there own countrymen after American intervention.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

They weren't using ied's when they were in control of the country, no.

Is this something you want to contest?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I haven't seen any OPSEC violation as of yet. He's free to post what he wants until then. All we know is that he is in Afghanistan, took part in a MEDEVAC mission and how he feels after that mission.

I actually waited until I retired before I became a member of ATS, though I did lurk for quite a few years for that very reason.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Its nice to hear that the US has done some good.

But from supporting and training Al-CIAeda to the most recent invasion, the US just needs to go home.

"Freedom fighters" is a subjective term.

These are people fighting a foreign occupation by the US regardless of any other heinous crimes they may commit.

In the areas where resistance to the US occupation is strongest, they've never heard of 9/11:

Survey Reveals 92 Percent of Young Afghan Men Have Never Heard of 9/11.

They are fighting a foreign occupation, just as you would if the US was invaded.

Do something really praiseworthy.

Put down your gun and refuse to fight in these illegal, immoral wars for profit.

Their motivation is actually quite simple. You just need to acknowledge it:

And just so you know, 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Did I say OpSec violation?

I made my point for those that understand.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

They have been using them since the Russian invasion so again you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yes you did but you must of edited your post

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

They have been using them since the Russian invasion so again you are wrong.

Give it up. Read what I said. Did they use them when they were IN CONTROL of the country. All you did was point out another invader that froced them to use these techniques.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

Yes you did but you must of edited your post

What????

Who is making an ass out of one's self here?

edit on 29-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join