It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Insurgents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Most people see the insurgents as terrorists, i see them as freedom fighters like the french resistance in ww2. its strange how the insurgents are not interviewed by any news organisations.
Anyway i would just like to show my support for the iraqi freedom fighters
(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE SMALL GROUP OF TERRORISTS THAT GO AROUND BEHEADING PEOPLE).

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
they have those videos which is basically propagande for them. with their little music and jihad graphics, just like the fox news is for america. there are all sorts of points of view on war, some get more coverage then other. whats more important i think is the politics of war, and why they are doing what they are doing. USA = oil, contracts, expansion. while jihads = prevention of furthur USA growth. which has its own benefits to them that is, they feel we are too assertive with our power, which i tottaly concur with. if we didnt have our supior military we probably would not be in the certain circumstance we are currently in, and they would be focusing their efforts towards a different super power

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Most of your "freedom fighters" are fighting for an Islamic State, so you can hardly say they are fighting for "freedom". Perhaps the Iraqi Resistance is the correct terminology to use.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If these insurgents are "freedom fighter", well, where the Hell were they when Saddam was running the show (and mass-murdering just about everybody who didn't kiss his feet)?

These Iraqis who are resisting are not doing it because they see us as invaders. They are doing it because they know that they can do it without the major negative reprocussions that rebelling openly aginst the Baathists would have entailed. If these people had raised weapons openly against Saddam, he would have:

a) killed them all
b) killed all their families
c) killed all their friends
d) killed all their goats and sheep
e) burned their houses to the ground
f) raised their citites and towns
g) destroyed their crops
h) salted the earth
i) killed a few innocent bystanders just to reinforce the point

These people are taking advantage of our western / christian policies and beliefs to engage in good ole' anarchy and chaos, with the hopes that they can emerge with some power and territory.

They laugh at us for being weak. Don't think this isn't true.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Natorman

(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE SMALL GROUP OF TERRORISTS THAT GO AROUND BEHEADING PEOPLE).

Um.. THEY ARE THE SAME PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Glad you support people who will cut the head off of your mother or child if they had half a chance
At least you have your priorities I guess.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Natorman

How the hell can you show support for a group of people who still try to keep the "saddamn" regime going?

We have troops over there getting killed daily and you have the audacity to proclaim your support for the "insurgents"!

Im sorry, but its this kind of statement that can cause upsetment for families who have members serving over there.
How about showing your "support" for them?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
If these people had raised weapons openly against Saddam, he would have:

a) killed them all
b) killed all their families
c) killed all their friends
d) killed all their goats and sheep
e) burned their houses to the ground
f) raised their citites and towns
g) destroyed their crops
h) salted the earth
i) killed a few innocent bystanders just to reinforce the point

maybe we should have let him

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If these insurgents are "freedom fighter", well, where the Hell were they when Saddam was running the show (and mass-murdering just about everybody who didn't kiss his feet)?

Iraqi people can tolerate Saddam, but not the US invaders. That tell all what US was and is doing in Iraq. Without the support of mass of Iraqi people, the Resistance can not last long. Lost mind and heart of Iraqi people, US occupation is doomed to fail.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hey natorman..
thought i would post this link so you can see how the insurgents that you support are doing..

The guys that i support are doing damn well..

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Because Saddam was Sunni, and the terrorist are Sunnni, the want their power back. The Sunni Iraqis are and were the problem

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Because Saddam was Sunni, and the terrorist are Sunnni, the want their power back. The Sunni Iraqis are and were the problem

I think you will find its the shia muslims that are more fundamentalists.
saddam did not stand for extremists in his iraq.
Don't know where you got your info from.
fox news mabey?

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

These Iraqis who are resisting are not doing it because they see us as invaders. They are doing it because they know that they can do it without the major negative reprocussions that rebelling openly aginst the Baathists would have entailed. If these people had raised weapons openly against Saddam, he would have:...

this statement is beyond naive. the insurgance didnt fight under saddam because they agreed with his policies, he ruled in favor of islam. they openly rebel against our forces for the simply fact we have encited a entirely more massive scale of unrest. to think it is effective is all the same, they will get mowed down by the hundred, thousand if they ever cause so much as a dent in the newly directed american/iraq policy. yeah you think those F-22, apache, AC-130 are for show? domestic political questions go completely ignored until we have enough infantry to cast a shadow over the dismay. its only going to get worse my friend, or unless we kill them all.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I still dont agree with the support you show for the insurgents (Natorman)
especially at this time.

It is rememberance sunday tomorrow, and my thoughts are with our troops and not any enemy we are up against.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Being that al-Zarqawi is not an Iraqi, but a Jordanian, I don't see how you would call him a 'freedom fighter'.

Reports out of Fallujah tell of a significant amount of foreign fighters being captured and killed. Fighters out of Czechnia. Syria. Iran. Yemen. Egypt. Are they fighting for their freedom?

'Freedom' seems to imply that America intends to annex Iraq and make it our 51st state. If anything, these 'freedom fighters' are prolonging the occupation, because the longer they fight us the longer we'll be there.

That's a fact that pretty much sums up the insugency. The native Iraqis aren't fighting against American occupation. They're fighting against what we're trying to establish in Iraq: a government for the people. Being that A> the Sunnis are the overwhelming minority, and B> under the Ba'athist/Sunni rule of the past 30+ years, the Shi'a majority was abused and murdered and tortured, et al, I think we get a sense for what they're really fighting against.

The rabbit is about to become the hunter, and vice versa. Life for the Sunni can potentially become ugly if we accomplish our mission.

As for the foreigners, it's certainly not that they're against occupation. They know we're going to leave eventually. When we leave they want it to appear as though we were driven out, a la Somalia, because that can be a great rallying event for the jihadists. Remember Bin Laden's strong horse/weak horse analogy. Also, the Iranians and Syrians particularly are afraid of the effects a stable, effective free Iraq will have on their own countries. The Islamic revolution has died in Iran, and the mob is starting to grow restless. The mullahs are afraid. A thriving, free Iraq will surely urge the Iranians to overthrow the theocracy and establish a similar government.

Don't get me wrong: I don't have any more faith that Iraq will be a democracy than most of you; I'm just listing my opinions on why the insurgents fight us. It certainly has nothing to do with "freedom".

top topics

join