It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence of New Element Confirmed 115

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

An international team of researchers, led by physicists from Lund University, has confirmed the existence of what is considered a new element with atomic number 115. The experiment was conducted at the GSI research facility in Germany. The results confirm earlier measurements performed by research groups in Russia.

Science Daily

Didn't John Titor predict this?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Amazing stuff. Didn't John Titor predict this element or was it that area 51 guy... ?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It was The Area 51 UFO guy, Bob Lazar. He said it was used to power the flying saucer he supposedly examined at Area 51.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
That stuff turns people into zombies.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Bob Lazar said it was a stable element....is this stable?
edit on 20/08/2013 by KILLERCODE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Great, Zombium is born....made by Russia....
Figures.
Thanks Vlad Putin.
...think about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
as far as I know it's not stable. And I'm also confused. 2004 to 2013?

Unless it was not verified in 2004.

this is where science throws me off the bus and says I'm walking the rest of the way to the library...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Here is the official theme for Element 115

enjoy

Looks like they did it again, and right in plain sight. The plans been revealed

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
as far as I know it's not stable. And I'm also confused. 2004 to 2013?

Unless it was not verified in 2004.

this is where science throws me off the bus and says I'm walking the rest of the way to the library...

Nope it wasn't from what I gathered and still is not (officially) according to the source.

A committee comprising members of the international unions of pure and applied physics and chemistry will review the new findings to decide whether to recommend further experiments before the discovery of the new element is acknowledged.

Op's Source

Not a lot of info in the source but I doubt they have figured a way to make it stable, the last I read it (Ununpentium) had a lifespan of milliseconds. Interesting non the less.

Element 115 eh?
Maybe I can build my Ray gun now

edit on 27-8-2013 by RAY1990 because: more to add

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well it seems Bob Lazar was right about this. Wonder what else he may have been telling the truth about. I never did buy that he was a total fake.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
im going to make a prediction that scientists will discover a new element..

element number 116

see, how easy was that.. lol

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

element number 116

Element 116 is Unobtanium..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
Well it seems Bob Lazar was right about this. Wonder what else he may have been telling the truth about. I never did buy that he was a total fake.

What was he right about? That we would eventually discover and/or create a new element and call it Element 115 -- Following naming conventions and atomic weights? This was discovered back in 2004 but further tests were needed.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

element number 116

Apart from logically sound, and numerically accurate, it does have one failing.

Element 116, livermorium, was first made in Dubna, Russia in July 2000. The work was a collaboration between science teams at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California led by Yuri Oganessian and Ken Moody.

they're not discovered or found in that order.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

element number 116

Element 116 is Unobtanium..

ununhexium (livermorium)

1 1 6

edit on 27-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Urantia1111

What was he right about? That we would eventually discover and/or create a new element and call it Element 115 -- Following naming conventions and atomic weights? This was discovered back in 2004 but further tests were needed.

Well when Dmitri Mendeleev made his periodic table he also predicted gaps will be filled given equipment and understanding will evolve enough to discover them.

So it's kind of obvious that an element would be filed as number 115 isn't it? In fact if I wanted to make a conspiracy theory about UFO/alien tech stand I cannot think of a better way than saying it is run by a future element that most likely would not be understood in my life time.

What I would love to know is just when exotic pure elements can no longer exist due to their atomic weight, for all I know we might have another 100 or so spots to fill.

While I'm at it I'll make my own prediction, element 121 will only be found in unicorn droppings and it will revolutionize how we contact each other. Rub some on your head them BAM, your psychic. See what I did there? 1 too 1?

Yeah very bad I know

edit on 27-8-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

if there's a 116 there will be a 115.

God doesnt skip. if we find element 135 there will exist all those missing elements in between 116 and 135.

not defending it tho. this information isnt really useful until they have a practical and beneficial use for the discovered elements.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Leave it to the Russians to create an element with the word liver in it. Most of their livers are so small, shriveled, and black, if you stand close enough you can hear it say, "what you talkin' 'bout Willis".

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Didn't John Titor predict this?

Not Titor, It was Bob Lazar the guy who Stanton Freidman considers a fake.
edit on 27-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

element 115 is, and has, already been named elirium-115.

It was never more than theoretical though, this is most interesting indeed, I am curious if it has the same attributes that are theorized. Anti gravity being only one, not of course to mention its predicted power generation capabilities, it was supposed to be somthing along the lines of 1 amp in 1000 amps out, simply outlandish really if you think about it.

Time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join