It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence of New Element Confirmed 115

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Did Mr Lazar stand to scientific scrutiny?

It is funny you ask others while excusing Mr Lazar.

So anybody can make tall claims. Taller the claim, more believable it is.

I do not "excuse" Robert Lazar i do however defend the idea that we might not know everything and so forth we should not write off his claims so fast. I would suggest that we leave out any conclusion until more data is collected. Element 115 certainly is under scientific scrutiny, that is what this thread is about. I see this as a progress because to my understanding his story about element 115 was written off more or less as bunk at the time he presented it. Robert Lazar claims to be a witness to something, that should be fair enough for most people. Either you find it interesting and worth looking into or you dont.

What did i ask others?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tomra

OK. your point is fair.

Nothing wrong in scientific investigation and progress.

I have seen several reports of element 115 being formed in experiments. However the amount synthesized has been microscopic and the element lasts only milliseconds.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

There were designs for nuclear reactors that used Mercury as a coolant rather than water. However, plans to build such reactors were blocked on safety grounds for obvious reasons.

www.osti.gov...

Of course, there were those Indian Vimanas which were supposed to used Mercury as some means of power. Best bet was that it was to flow through pipes and resonate in sound chambers (thermo-acoustics).

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They have already predicted theoretically what future elements that are waiting to be discovered , would act like and what kind of properties they would have, well up in to the 200 elemnts and over, but its just as I said though, theoretical....
PEACE!!

edit on 30-8-2013 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

KILLERCODE

Originally posted by Dr X
I've always considered Bob Lazar to be revealing some truth and giving disinformation at the same time, like: Yeah we have saucers (true) and here is how they work, element 115 (crap).
I have a feeling that this is the case. Why would element 115 behave differently from all the other heavy elements?
It was detected by photons given off from its immediate decay. Doesn't sound stable to me.

You're right it's not stable but bob lazar said that there is stable form of it but it's not found on earth.What's so different about element 115 according to Lazar is that because it's heavy in a stable form it's strong nuclear force that hold's it together expand's outside the nucleus of the atom so we can tap into it and amplify it to cause gravity distortion.If true it would apply to any element bigger that 115 if it were stable.The only thing is...heavy element's are not stable for long periods of time....milliseconds at most.

Perhaps it is only stable in large concentrations - kilograms rather than milligrams. You could say the same about weapons grade Uranium. Why should 10 kg or more of Uranium behave any differently than a few milligrams? The difference is that the surface area to volume ratio changes. Assume the material is kept as a perfect sphere:

Surface area of a sphere = 4.pi.r^2
Volume of a sphere = 4/3 pi . r^3

Then the ratio between surface area and volume becomes 3:r

So as the sphere becomes smaller, the surface area dominates the volume, meaning that a greater exchange (of heat or photons) between the outside world than than with the contents inside. This applies to heat being lost from water in a cup vs. being in a hot-water cistern or keeping children warm.

As the sphere becomes larger, the volume dominates the surface area, and so there is more internal exchange than with the outside, so whatever particles there are (photons, or strong force exchange particles) are kept inside. That becomes important when atomic particles are being exchanged from fission (neutrons) or the strong nuclear force in this case. Perhaps the inter-exchange of such particles between nucleii would help keep them stable.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

KILLERCODE

Originally posted by Dr X
I've always considered Bob Lazar to be revealing some truth and giving disinformation at the same time, like: Yeah we have saucers (true) and here is how they work, element 115 (crap).
I have a feeling that this is the case. Why would element 115 behave differently from all the other heavy elements?
It was detected by photons given off from its immediate decay. Doesn't sound stable to me.

You're right it's not stable but bob lazar said that there is stable form of it but it's not found on earth.What's so different about element 115 according to Lazar is that because it's heavy in a stable form it's strong nuclear force that hold's it together expand's outside the nucleus of the atom so we can tap into it and amplify it to cause gravity distortion.If true it would apply to any element bigger that 115 if it were stable.The only thing is...heavy element's are not stable for long periods of time....milliseconds at most.

Perhaps it is only stable in large concentrations - kilograms rather than milligrams. You could say the same about weapons grade Uranium. Why should 10 kg or more of Uranium behave any differently than a few milligrams? The difference is that the surface area to volume ratio changes. Assume the material is kept as a perfect sphere:

Surface area of a sphere = 4.pi.r^2
Volume of a sphere = 4/3 pi . r^3

Then the ratio between surface area and volume becomes 3:r

So as the sphere becomes smaller, the surface area dominates the volume, meaning that a greater exchange (of heat or photons) between the outside world than than with the contents inside. This applies to heat being lost from water in a cup vs. being in a hot-water cistern or keeping children warm.

As the sphere becomes larger, the volume dominates the surface area, and so there is more internal exchange than with the outside, so whatever particles there are (photons, or strong force exchange particles) are kept inside. That becomes important when atomic particles are being exchanged from fission (neutrons) or the strong nuclear force in this case. Perhaps the inter-exchange of such particles between nucleii would help keep them stable.

Your reasoning is interesting, but the mass would still disintegrate as matter (alpha particles) and energy eventually leave the system through its surface boundary (and leaving many radioactive impurities behind).
edit on 30-8-2013 by metallum because: "its", not "it's"!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Radioactive decay has nothing to do with surface area.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

There were designs for nuclear reactors that used Mercury as a coolant rather than water. However, plans to build such reactors were blocked on safety grounds for obvious reasons.

www.osti.gov...

Of course, there were those Indian Vimanas which were supposed to used Mercury as some means of power. Best bet was that it was to flow through pipes and resonate in sound chambers (thermo-acoustics).

1. I think using sodium as a heat transfer agent is a sound method.

2. The civilization that built 'viman' was also able to build radars, artillery and submarines. Its level of scientific progress was greater than today's level, and it existed on the same planet that you call home. This civilization got destroyed by war and other events.

How Mercury engine works is a mystery. Probably somebody knows, but what is the point. Humans of today have a lot of confidence and they think they can build anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I maintain that the science of today has started hitting its limits.

The reason is defects in basic theoretical model of matter.

The theoretical model is built from observations. However the nature and properties of subatomic particles and interactions between energy and matter is a theoretical model that is not proven by direct observation due to limits of observation.

This defective understanding of matter has prevented the current science from building practical spaceships, and from graduating from fossil fuels and so many other things.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I maintain that the science of today has started hitting its limits.

Sounds familiar. And just as wrong now as it was then.

"The more important fundamental laws and facts of physical science have all been discovered, and these are now so firmly established that the possibility of their ever being supplanted in consequence of new discoveries is exceedingly remote.... Our future discoveries must be looked for in the sixth place of decimals."
- Albert. A. Michelson, speech at the dedication of Ryerson Physics Lab, U. of Chicago 1894

"There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now. All that remains is more and more precise measurement" - Lord Kelvin

edit on 8/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacefulpete

Originally posted by KILLERCODE
Bob Lazar said it was a stable element....is this stable?
edit on 20/08/2013 by KILLERCODE because: (no reason given)

IIRC he said it was stable, in a form not found on Earth...

So this may or may not be the same thing...
edit on 29-8-2013 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

Well, it sounds kinda right, not being found on earth... nasa has been looking at asteroid mining programmes recently.

Oh, and on another note, I am sure I heard through the grapevine that lazar was working with the government again...
And as for mercury engines, the way I understand it is the mercury is pumped through a vortex (just like medical proffesionals emblem or the two snakes curling round each other and rising up to meet head on) and its surrounding electro magnets to get some kind of gravity distortion effect, its all very technical, with air inlets and outlets around the craft, buts that's about the limit of my knowledge with the fantasised mercury powered ships, I couldn't even begin to tell you. The technical spechs for it.....PEACE!!!

edit on 31-8-2013 by DARREN1976 because: additions...

edit on 31-8-2013 by DARREN1976 because: spelling mistake...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by stormcell

Radioactive decay has nothing to do with surface area.

True, but the reactions get an extra boost if there are reflectors that reflect stray neutrons back into the core.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Well, it sounds kinda right, not being found on earth... nasa has been looking at asteroid mining programmes recently.

Oh, and on another note, I am sure I heard through the grapevine that lazar was working with the government again...
And as for mercury engines, the way I understand it is the mercury is pumped through a vortex (just like medical proffesionals emblem or the two snakes curling round each other and rising up to meet head on) and its surrounding electro magnets to get some kind of gravity distortion effect, its all very technical, with air inlets and outlets around the craft, buts that's about the limit of my knowledge with the fantasised mercury powered ships, I couldn't even begin to tell you. The technical spechs for it.....PEACE!!!

edit on 31-8-2013 by DARREN1976 because: spelling mistake...

You still need power for the electro-magnets and to heat the mercury.
Your design does have some good elements though.

I call it electrostatic propulsion rather than gravity distortion.

There are two elements in a ship - (1) Production of electrical power (2) Device to convert electric power into propulsive power.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did not mean to say what you understood.

I am sure science will advance and we shall have inter-stellar ships one day.

What I meant is that the theoretical foundation of current Physics will need revolutionary change before that can happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Great find! Now who would have thunk it even existed? Other than Bob Lazar, that is.

F&S for the OP.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

edit on
31-8-2013 by DARREN1976 because: spelling mistake...

There are two elements in a ship - (1) Production of electrical power (2) Device to convert electric power into propulsive power

I think this would probablyy be good as a scout ship, no good interplanetary, just stored on the mothership and used in atmospheres on planets...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

edit on
31-8-2013 by DARREN1976 because: spelling mistake...

There are two elements in a ship - (1) Production of electrical power (2) Device to convert electric power into propulsive power

Double post....
edit on 1-9-2013 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My first thoughts after reading they were from Sweden

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

There are ways a ship can draw power from the environment and accelerate.

A charged particle can accumulate very high amount of energy from the strong magnetic fields that are present in certain regions of our galaxy.

A ship (big or small) can never reach superluminal speeds on its own energy.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hope we can see an alien spaceship come to earth without the secrecy maintained by the government.

My view though is that chances of this event are extremely low.

I would be very happy if it happened though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join