It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APOCALYPTIC MOVIES??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Something beside the same ol apocalypse now, 2012 movie, yadda yadda, What are some other good ones weather they be zombie,Apocalypse, end of the world etc.. Thanks for your input trying to fins osmething good for tonight

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

Stakeland, Zombieland (on the funny side) all of the "Of The Dead" Movies, old and new, The Walking Dead (TV Show)
As you can tell, Im a Zombie fan.
The Road is pretty good too.
IMDB

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Sharknado.

It might not be the end of the world, but...tis the end of something!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Something beside the same ol...
Here's one that was under the radar;
"The Divide"
NOT for the squeamish

edit on 27-8-2013 by tanda7 because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Shaun of the dead
Planet of the apes
Mad Max
The Stand

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A Comet creates this havoc turning those left outside to dust and others into Zombies who survives?

Some Valley girls who just want to shop!

Classic 80's end of the world...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The movie Take Shelter was pretty good.

Is the guy crazy or sane?
Watch it and see.....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

edit on 27-8-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

The movie Take Shelter was pretty good.

Is the guy crazy or sane?
Watch it and see.....

Yes, this. Take Shelter is a pretty good movie.
It makes me think to recommend Frailty; not sure if it fits your search, but it's a good movie. It's about a man with two sons who starts to have visions of angels commanding him to kill people that are possessed by demons. One son thinks he's mentally ill while the other son believes God is really speaking to him.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok. Anymore know theres gotta be some good zombie movies too .same for apocalypse movies

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
Ok. Anymore know theres gotta be some good zombie movies too .same for apocalypse movies
Here's a cool zombie movie with a good balance of humor and horror.
"Fido"

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The Quiet Earth - It's an odd one. But a good one.

Robot Jox - It's definitely a B-movie. Don't expect much from it. But it is unusual and entertaining. Plus, stop motion giant robot fights.

Vampire Hunter D and VHD: Bloodlust - Two good anime films that take place in a post-apocalyptic society. Unfortunately for the inhabitants of this future, plenty of vampires survived the apocalypse.

Southland Tales - I'm not sure if this could be classified as an apocalyptic movie. But it does involve the fabric of space and time being ripped apart. It is a very strange movie, without a doubt. But I really liked it. It's not for everyone.

Cabin in the Woods - Great movie. Technically apocalyptic.

John Carpenter's They Live - Aliens invaded and nobody noticed. Go figure.

Phantasm 2, 3 and 4 - Some of my all-time favorites. About a mysterious tall man and his minions that are slowly taking over rural America by creating an army out of corpses from town to town. The first film in the series was extremely low budget and not very good. But from the second film on, it's great.

Pontypool - It's a decent low budget horror flick that takes place in a radio station. It's a bit odd and involves people going crazy and zombie-like.

Dreamcatcher - Another favorite. I usually don't like alien invasion movies too much, but this one was good.

Maximum Overdrive - Classic. Emilio Estevez versus killer machines.

I Sell The Dead - This isn't an apocalyptic film, but I wanted to add it in because it's pretty good and pretty strange. On the plus side, it also involves zombies.

Feast 1, 2 and 3 - It is probably the weirdest series of monster movies I've ever seen. It's crude. It's hilarious. And it keeps getting bigger and bloodier up until the end.

In the Mouth of Madness - A John Carpenter movie starring Sam Neill. If you haven't seen it, you should. Do you read Sutter Cane?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The Road is a solid choice.

Or you could always watch Sleepy Hollow.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just follow allenidaho's suggestions and you'll be fine. Great taste man.

The Day After - was a TV mini-series about nuclear war. Excellent and scared the crap out of us in the 80's.

V - Alien end of the world kind of thing. The mini-series (80's one).

The Resident Evil movies are good too, and haven't been mentioned, I believe.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I will give you a comedy, I will explain why bellow, it is called : Sleepy Hollow

megashare.info...

Its brand new and they play it, in USA right now. Its a comedy because the demons and the witches, speak albanian greek, hahahahaha (its like in english term, chinese english, we have the albanian greek, maybe even worse"

Many combine this movement, as an extra effort to make a bad reputation about my country, because Greece have the title of " the daughter of light" and now they play movies by humiliating the language, with abominations.

Anyway, its a comedy because, when we " greeks" hear the demons speaking, we just laugh!!!! Its more like you have a fresh immigrant in your country and he have to speak greek. Greek is one of the most hard languages.

And I wonder, why they didnt use ancient Greek, thats more logical, they use modern greek but with a very disturbed way, they could use at least some greek actors to take their voices, they didnt.... I will give you an example.

In the link I gave you, move the video @ 7:40 there is a demon awakening and he speaks greek (only the demon, not the "humans" the funy part is, that the humans understand greek ..lol Anyway,

the first scene, the demon says " Death was only the begining for you " and the actor says something and the demon says " Your sooooooul" the funny part starts after.. he says " Your soul, i miiiiii " thats english translation, but he tried to say " your soul is mine", after that the demon says something even more funnier than that... " releaseatesssssss" he wanted to say " release her"

if you can speak, even slightly greek, your going to laugh alot! Hilarious and I thought is going to be nice.

In our language the word DAIMONAS (demon) means the " wise" those who have amazing knowledge. Jewish took the word and they call the abominations as demons... maybe because they dont like knowledge, who knows.

we call them abominations in general, daimonas in modern greek have double meaning (today), the jewish and the ancient greek, depends the way u use it. But in ancient Hellenic, Demonas = wise (Demon is original ancient hellenic word, but they changed the meaning of it)

Keep that in mind also in paranormal, those who call them selfs as "demonologists" its funny, its more like telling you, that their knowledge is beyond, from all the wise in the world, as an original translation.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join