It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Starting Today!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They halted digital downloads. I guess, going to Wal-Mart to buy one.

-SAP-
edit on 29-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I have PS3 but i play on PC, PC can be upgraded.

Tho i heard from some players, PS3 need to be polished more, graphics wise.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Lol how are you supposed to play this game when the damn servers are constantly full...? Pretty dumb if you ask me.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Haha i guess u installed and prepared, sadly, this is only happening to NA server, its the release rush, too many players logging in at same time, almost all MMOs have it at start, tho i hope it is fixed soon, just keep trying you will get thru.

Once you get in, don;t log out lol, leave your character by the giant crystals(aetherytes) so it will accumulate exp bonus for when you come back and play.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I see. EU servers don't seem that clustered at the moment.

The game is fun as hell. I'm really enjoying it.

-SAP-

edit on 30-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Too bad I'm playing on a NA server (even though I'm in Sweden). I wonder if the "escalator effect" that everyone besides my own character has when running might disappear with slightly better connection to EU servers? I remember trying the EU servers for a bit though, and I remember seeing the same escalator effect there too :p

But still, it's a great looking game, and lotsa fun to play

Some of my own screenies

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Is the screenshot still Scroll Lock + Print Screen? and it gets sent to My documents > My Games > FFXIV ARR?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Man the issues they have with there servers...

They really need to patch this game. Never seen a MMO that has had the same patch since release especially with all these issues they are having...

C'mon SquareSoft...

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

scroll lock to remove UI (it's up to you to remove it or not), then I use the built-in screenshot function in my graphics card overclocking tool called "eVGA Precision X".

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I played the original years and years ago and it was one of the most boring and repetitive MMO's out there, you would literally spend 50 hours killing bats, small fish things, and rats and endless pointless fetch missions were you just run back and forth between towns. Though this remake or reboot or whatever it is looks worlds apart better, I dont know if it still follow the same gameplay model and everything else it would be hard for me to justify playing it even if it did not have a monthly fee. The last MMO I played which to any degree was the original Guild Wars, and even in that game I was literally playing one day and looked at the time and date and wondered to myself how a year and something went by so fast.

I even bought Guild Wars 2 and played it for a time and then just stopped, I dont know why I even keep it on my comp as it just takes up space and I am not likely to continue playing it. I suppose I am over my MMO playing days, not that I regret it, you meet some interesting charters in those games, both game wise and real people wise and there fun in there own terms. The game looks cool, but does it really justify the monthly fee, especially since it seems to be just a reboot with shiny new graphics?

OK OK i'm a bit jealous that I dont have the time or inclinations to play those types of games anymore. That and need to save all my pennies for the PS4 and some games which would be fun, but wont completely eat up my day.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
tempting... I might... IDK yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Some more of my screenies

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I played Final Fantasy XI for 8 years.. to tell the truth, when i compare it, the difficulty is not even close... FFXIV is mainstreamed(kinda), it incorporated more famous gaming method(WoW, Guildwars) in order to attract more fans, the downfall is that, the "hardcore" players can easily triumph most things(while they do have hard version and few world bosses that is still has not been beaten).... yet it still has the final fantasy touch to it... a fantasy land.. awesome monsters... scenery are just amazing.

Also like you said... i'm not in my teenage years anymore... so playing as a hardcore is over.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
tempting... I might... IDK yet.

Doooo it!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Wait till i'm upload my stuff!

Currently im trying to finish story mission, so i can gear up my Character with Darklight armor and Relic for Bahamut fight.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I cant even make a chr on a NA server.

Made one on a japanese one, but whats the point playing right now? Taking the servers down at 5pm PTD today and they come back up at 3am PTD I think. Figured it's best to wait, try and make a chr on a NA server.

Think I am on Kajuata? Been playing slow just getting use to the feel of an mmo again.

Graphics feel a bit dated, like tweaked down for ps3 I'm guessing?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yeah i heard(not seen) that PS3 need some polishing to be done. PC has some nice graphics.. i will post Screenshots a bit later.

Yeah it sucks they are taking the server down... im done work at 5pm.. *sigh*....

It is all for the good, its mainly because of the player congestion issue we been having for the past week.

Sometimes i kept trying to get in for 4 hours..

Current motto in the in game community..

Never Log Out, Never, Ever.

Edit, 5PM PDT!? Yes! extra 3 hours for me!! No Gym today!
edit on 9/3/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/3/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I can get in on the japan sever fairly easy if not just spam 0 on numpad.

No I was talking about graphics on PC, saying they feel a bit gimped down. I got it all maxed out.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I can get onto Shiva (EU) at around 9PM CST most of the time, but during the day it's pretty congested.

Soon they will have it fixed though. (Hopefully)

-SAP-
edit on 3-9-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I can get onto Shiva (EU) at around 9PM CST most of the time, but during the day it's pretty congested.

Soon they will have it fixed though. (Hopefully)

-SAP-
edit on 3-9-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

The problem is, it would not let me create a new chr on any server thats NA/EU only japan, once made getting into this Japanese server is fairly quick process.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join