It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesbian Jailed for Relationship With Underage Girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
In Florida one young woman is in serious trouble with the law.

News footage shows a sorrowful young woman that might have made a stupid mistake, in their short documentary. The media is claiming that she may be getting treated differently because she is Gay.

It looks like the letter of the law is swinging into full affect for this young woman. At the time she was an 18 year old girl had sexual relations with a 14 year old girl, this relationship could get her life in prison.

Since this is two females involved here should there be special treatment, or should the law be more lenient?

abcnews.go.com...

A teenage girl charged with having sex with a 14-year-old schoolmate, another girl. And that's causing part of the problem. The case is raising a lot of questions, including is the defendant being treated more harshly because of her sexual orientation.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That sounds more like gender equality than anything else to me, I am sure there have been a number of cases where an 18 year old male faced the same sentence for the same charge.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
In Florida one young woman is in serious trouble with the law. News footage shows a sorrowful young woman that might have made a stupid mistake, in their short documentary. The media is claiming that she may be getting treated differently because she is Gay.

It looks like the letter of the law is swinging into full affect for this young woman. At the time she was an 18 year old girl had sexual relations with a 14 year old girl, this relationship could get her life in prison.

Since this is two females involved here should there be special treatment, or should the law be more lenient?

abcnews.go.com...

A teenage girl charged with having sex with a 14-year-old schoolmate, another girl. And that's causing part of the problem. The case is raising a lot of questions, including is the defendant being treated more harshly because of her sexual orientation.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

I'm on my iPad and don't have the availability to do this now, but it would be helpful to post a heterosexual rape case from Florida with roughly the same ages for comparison of the proposed sentence.

I think it's a harsh sentence, although I do agree that this could and should be treated as a statutory case. Not to mention the parents can run with the argument that there daughter was manipulated and wasn't a lesbian.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
[
I think it's a harsh sentence, although I do agree that this could and should be treated as a statutory case. Not to mention the parents can run with the argument that there daughter was manipulated and wasn't a lesbian.

That is my position too.

Does the punishment fit the crime. It's important to remember yes there are laws, but it's how the law is actually treated for each crime and how the punishment fits, or does not fit the crime.

In this case, it's way over the top here, but maybe there is something that I am missing.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This seems to be a good decision to me. This same sentence has been applied to many males in this situation. I do wonder he often this has been applied to females engaging in sex with underage males.

Regardless this is a victory for the LGBT community as they are receiving equal treatment under the law. I know this has been a goal of their special interest group for some time.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A quick Google news search for statutory rape sentenced, shows one thing.

A huge disparity between male sentences 14-life,
and female ones many under a year...

lets call it what it is, Statutory rape, I noticed one post dropped the rape part, at 14 you are not as equipped to make life choices as an adult.

If it was a male and an 14 year old he would be getting crucified in the press as a Pedophile, because its a lesbian all that is out?

This really does sound like a case of gender, and sexual preference equality, but because of all the anti-male gender bs it looks out of proportion.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You get bad apples in every barrel/bag/crate.More straight people have preyed on kids+underage youths than any gay or lesbian person-just a perspective.If we had access to All the records of felonies relating to abuse of kids+minor,whether sexual or otherwise,the amount of lesbians involved would likely be one in half a million or less+your thread title does sound like its meant to highlight the fact that the perpetrator's sexual orientation is of specific importance-which I don't think is fair,considering the atrocities children+women in general has had to suffer at the hands of straight men/people since time immemorial.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
You get bad apples in every barrel/bag/crate.More straight people have preyed on kids+underage youths than any gay or lesbian person-just a perspective.If we had access to All the records of felonies relating to abuse of kids+minor,whether sexual or otherwise,the amount of lesbians involved would likely be one in half a million or less+your thread title does sound like its meant to highlight the fact that the perpetrator's sexual orientation is of specific importance-which I don't think is fair,considering the atrocities children+women in general has had to suffer at the hands of straight men/people since time immemorial.

And if it was a Man the head line would read Pedophile...

It is the height of fair to hold someone to the same standards as everyone else, even in this case its still not.

Should be Pedophile sentenced but can't label a homosexual as that or you are homophobic.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Would it be too harsh if every detail was the same except the older teen was a male?

Personally, i would WANT to say it has to be equally as harsh or equally as lenient.

BUT.... there is also the fact that, if it was a male there is that risk of pregnancy....... if it was a male, we could be talking about this with a pregnant child!

So... if she was a male, she would have put her more "at risk" ???

So.. some things really, in reality... can't really be equal... can they?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

The law should be equal for all regardless of sex, race or religious beliefs.

I am glad this happened to the 18 year old. The other girl was 14! I remember hearing about this and the parents asked the older girl to stay away from their daughter many times. She refused so the parents finally contacted law enforcement.

I don't care who you are but if you're an adult who has a sexual attraction to a 14 year old child you should get some professional help!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gotya

I am glad this happened to the 18 year old. The other girl was 14!

OMG 4 years difference. Shocking! Teenagers attracted to one another? Where is the world going to?

One day you are 17, the next day you are 18 and a pedophile.

And now they want to give her 30 years. Yep, she had it coming.

Retarded!

This would not even be an issue in Europe.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Underage sex is underage sex, why should it be any different just because its girl with a girl? She's clearly breaking the law and should be punished accordingly.

There absolutely should be no leniency because she is gay.

edit on 26-8-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is so idiotic. If I recall correctly, the two started dating when the older girl was 17. This case has been going on for a while now. Regardless, a four year age difference is nothing. Freshmen date seniors in high school. This showcases the imbecility of the law.

Justice, ha.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

This showcases the imbecility of the law.

Yes, and of those who think this is justice.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by unphased
[

That is my position too.

Does the punishment fit the crime. It's important to remember yes there are laws, but it's how the law is actually treated for each crime and how the punishment fits, or does not fit the crime.

In this case, it's way over the top here, but maybe there is something that I am missing.

There hasn't even been a sentence yet so it's not harsh. And the sentence that she could have had given her plea bargin, would be probation which is about as good as she would get. It sounds like she's sitting in jail when she could just except the plea bargin and be on her way.

Parents don't need to run with any argument since it's out of their hands anyway. If she wasn't manipulated and she was a lesbian still wouldn't matter.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

(o_o') ?

Lolz.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If I recall correctly, they offered her a deal with no or little jail time and no sex offender registration. She refused and now is being prosecuted to the full extent of the law. And I agree that males are treated unfairly by the justice system in sex crime cases.

However, this whole thing is stupid, IMHO. 4 year difference is normal and natural and she should be found innocent under Romeo and Juliet exception. Morally, there was no crime commited here.
edit on 26/8/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Who cares. The idiot had a chance to take a plea deal,she refused. She wasn't targeted because she's gay. She was targeted because her "girlfriend" was 14. Now her ass is going to sit and rot in jail. Good. Then she refused to abide by her bail terms ! From this article :

www.wpbf.com... .html

Documents obtained by WPBF 25 News last week showed that Hunt and the girl exchanged at least 20,000 text messages, including photos and videos of Hunt masturbating.

The two also met for "intimate physical contact," the documents said.

"There is overwhelming evidence (Hunt) has chosen to violate the court's orders," Judge Robert Pegg said at Tuesday's hearing. "She simply can't be trusted."

Let her sit and stew in jail. There's other articles out there that say the mother also contacted the other girl and demanded she delete the texts. Disgusting. If it were a male and a female,the male would have already have the book thrown at him. sorry folks,she's getting off easy simply because she's gay AND female.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Who cares. The idiot had a chance to take a plea deal,she refused. She wasn't targeted because she's gay. She was targeted because her "girlfriend" was 14. Now her ass is going to sit and rot in jail. Good. Then she refused to abide by her bail terms ! From this article :

It was extremely ignorant of her to violate the courts orders and refuse the plea deal. I would have to say she had extremely bad council and over-sight from herself and parents.

In a nut shell I think they took the situation way to lightly.

They are setting an example by giving her the full extent of the law.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join