It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the Temple of God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You are the Temple of God,

Conduct yourself as such.

For all who have will be given in abundance.

Purity is the virtue which keeps our eyes and hearts clean.

You know the scriptures, you can look them. It is important that you live them. It is important that you conduct yourself in a godly manner and keep your heart free from lustful vices.

We are all guilty and we are all stained.

We are all given the opportunity to be purified in our hearts and minds.

So why not be free from the chains of vice?
Why not see with our pure eyes like that of Children of God?
Why not open to God's embrace with the freshness of pure love for Him?

Oh! to have each thought and word be blended and unified with the infinite white light of the infinite Emanator.

This is a call to purity.

I am in this with all of you. Let us join and sing the song which can be sung by no one but us.

Let us be pure and have peace emanate from our very core for the glory of the True God.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

You are the Temple of God,

What does it really mean to be the temple of an invisible imaginary being?

Purity is the virtue which keeps our eyes and hearts clean.

What does it mean to be "clean" and by whose objective standard? What are "virtues" and what are they to man?

You know the scriptures, you can look them. It is important that you live them. It is important that you conduct yourself in a godly manner and keep your heart free from lustful vices.

What is a "godly" manner? Because if I read the scripture god acted pretty brutal.

Guilty of what? By whose authority have we been convicted?

We are all given the opportunity to be purified in our hearts and minds.

How are we given this opportunity if all things are divinely ordered? Can you explain the contradiction of predestination?

Why not see with our pure eyes like that of Children of God?

See? Eyes? And since we are on the topic of God's children, God had a son and as I recall he sacrificed him (treasure) for us (trash). He stood idly by as the filth of the earth "killed" him.

Why not open to God's embrace with the freshness of pure love for Him?

What is "love" in the context of God's example? Is it much like Abraham's unquestioning "love" for an invisible ghost? The love so strong for an imaginary playmate that he was willing to gut his own child?

Oh! to have each thought and word be blended and unified with the infinite white light of the infinite Emanator.

How exactly does the omniscient think "thoughts"?

Let us be pure and have peace emanate from our very core for the glory of the True God.

Peace? Explain how your concepts would bring peace; specifically and generally.

Thank you,
Daniel
edit on 25-8-2013 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2013 by Philodemus because: coding

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

You know the answer to all of those questions.

The example to follow is the Virgin Mary and her Son, peace to you.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yes. I know how I would answer these questions. But how would you? How do you defend your subjectivism against those who's subjectivism would say that following Mary is idolatry? How do you defend your subjective ideas against Protestantism?

You can cope-out or, answer in truth. The scripture you base your worldview on requires you to be ready to answer those who come to question your faith.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

By "virgin" do you mean forcibly inseminated by a spirit? I say "forcibly" because according to the scriptural account it was apparently going to happen whether she wanted it to or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Matthew 6: 5-6

Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

The body is a temple. it is the true synagoge of the hidden and unseen. good luck with your message.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I could answer the questions but why do so when you know my answer? My post speaks for itself.

There can be no son without a mother.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You are intellectually dishonest with yourself and others.

Good day, sir.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Are? Are you saying that god created us flawed?
Is it even possible for a perfect god to create an imperfect being?
Wouldn't a perfect god create a perfect being?
If so, then all of our desires and vices were given to us by god.
Wouldn't denying ourselves the pleasure of these gifts be, in fact, denying god?

This is a call to purity.

If god wanted us pure of thought, wouldn't he have created a bunch of mindless beasts?
Isn't the very definition of mankind: Selfish, self-centered, greedy, lustful, sexual... ?
If a perfect god didn't want us to be this way, wouldn't he have NOT designed us this way?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No, my body is not the temple of God.
As long as I'm alive it is my responsibility.
I also wouldn't want to subject God as a person to blame if the temple gets a disease that could be purely genetic, because it then follows that God besmirched His own temple.
That's a solid theory to blame God for misfortune.

Perhaps it's fair to say that I should treat my body as if it was the temple of God, while knowing that the body is designed to die eventually.
I could live with that generally, even if the laws were made by a Bronze Age desert tribe with highly dubious (and nowadays criminal) customs.

I wouldn't mutilate myself, or subject the body to extreme diets because of religion.
Hunger is genetic, and food is good.
Similarly, lust cannot be wished away but there are adult ways of dealing with it.
I'm certainly not going to feel guilty because of lust, and the benefits of this approach seem to be zero.

I'm yet to find any religious group worthy of the title "Children of God".
Many have railed against sexuality, and they've all been disasters.
Each and every single sect, both Western and Eastern.
All the same rubbish.
Especially the cult called the Children of God, who eventually sent their women flirty fishing and molested children.

So, there can be care for the self, but denying natural instincts completely is not caring for the self.
It's denying reality and living in cuckoo land.
I'm also not going to cut my hair and beard, or wear a kaftan according to Scripture, and I hope the circumcision (mutilation) of boy-children ends.

Otherwise this just seems like cult claptrap, and eventually the cult leader may have lust and sex with all the women, while all the other men must stay celibate based on such arguments.

S&F anyway for the debate, and I think the religious crowd should be more challenged by this than the non-believers.
After all, doesn't it imply major interventions in consumer choice?
Should a temple of God get too much sugar, salt, mercury in fish, antibiotics in meat, gmo or junk food?

Shouldn't devotion then be illustrated by thin, fit, healthy and strapping men and women?
How does that compare to the old farts in Christian televangelism?
A bit fascist in its ultimate trajectory, and it begs the question of whether legislating lust should then also legislate food or exercise, optimally from the cradle to the grave?

Well, according to Genesis 1:29 people were supposed to be vegan, and that's probably what Jesus eats in heaven.
edit on 25-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Purity of essence, huh?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

forgive me for not being technically savvy, but this is the way I must reply to your post.

"Are? Are you saying that god created us flawed?
Is it even possible for a perfect god to create an imperfect being?
Wouldn't a perfect god create a perfect being?
If so, then all of our desires and vices were given to us by god.
Wouldn't denying ourselves the pleasure of these gifts be, in fact, denying god? "

God created us in his own image. We were perfect at first, but like a clear mirror we have sullied our nature, with free will.

God gave us beautiful unique hearts, which are the secret altars on which the Presence of God burns as a flame.

But with our free will, we have desecrated our alters, and we need to repent and do penance in order to be cleansed and have God once again to dwell and speak within us.

God did not put our hands to sin, man is the owner and author of his sin.

" Isn't the very definition of mankind: Selfish, self-centered, greedy, lustful, sexual... ? "

No, to you they might be. But I would call them unhappy and confused. We do not know of our true nature and we forsake it to become less than animals.

Man may become brighter than suns, if he wills himself to.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Not everyone is a Temple for God, some are Temples for Evil. It's up to us who we want in the house.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBrother

The Temple was made for God to dwell in, and for man to be with Him. The temple does not lose its purpose, but it loses its vitality.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

God created us in his own image.

Please clarify this statement. Exactly what is it about our image that is like God's image?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Being made in God's image pertains to being a being fashioned by Him and of Him. We are given the same free will to create our own universe around us.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The Temple was made for God to dwell in, and for man to be with Him. The temple does not lose its purpose, but it loses its vitality.

The temple I speak about specifically is your mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The temple I speak of is man. The altar of the temple of man is the heart.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
There is an actual verse in the New Testament that mentions us, meaning the church, being the temple of God.
Its in 1 Corinthians 3, where it is talking about people creating schisms out of a sense of ego in order to be considered the leader.
It means "you" in the plural, as a group, being the temple, with the spirit of God dwelling in the midst of it.
It is not talking about some sort of individual experience of being your own little "temple".
My point is that this thread has nothing to do with Christianity but a religion of self absorption which is actually against true biblical Christian principles.
Sorry about being so "literal". Go ahead with your spirit's doing whatever it is that you think your spirit is supposed to be doing.

edit on 27-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Dear one, the Lord Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes unto the Father but by Him. The example to follow is Jesus. Mary is dead in her grave, waiting to be resurrected on the last day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join