It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are the Temple of God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

'Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.'

1 Corinthians 6:18-20, and there are many more like it.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

and no one goes to Jesus without the motherly guidance of Mary.

Actually, my deep spirituality was brought on by praying the rosary.

And one night I felt like I was being tortured and I could not sleep. I started praying the Hail Mary and I truly felt her motherly presence with me.

I do not worship Mary, no, that is what people assume. I go to her as I go to my mother, and it is my belief that she was assumed into heaven, and I have actual photographs of her from her appearances in Yugoslavia before the war.

So do not worry about me, pray for me though, that I may succeed in my mission.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

. . . Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.'

1 Corinthians 6:18-20, and there are many more like it.
In my post, I was citing
1 Cor. 3:16&17
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

(2011 NIV)
which is where Paul introduces the concept, in the context of the church.
In chapter 6, Paul gets into more of the details, but still in the context of the church, as verse 7 shows,

The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already.
(2011 NIV)
The "spiritualization" of this saying in 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 would be that the world outside the church is full of sin, and we do not want to defile the 'Body of Christ' by introducing the ways of the world into how the church conducts its affairs. So we are to shun (which is the meaning of the first word in this passage, which sets up a certain style of teaching, a sort of 'shun evil' teaching, or rather preaching, as an exhortation to the church to live not as the world around us, though we still live in it) them. So Paul is using a literal and obviously understood principle to illustrate a spiritual truth about the correct attitude of the members of the eschatological church. That we are set apart as a holy and sanctified body for "the end of the world" (literally the final age).
edit on 27-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I understand what you mean. It makes perfect sense. Although I am more familiar with the personal relationship with the Spirit, because I find God's presence within.

As a person in this world, with my soul I worship God and although I wholeheartedly agree that the church is the people, I must say that our person lives entail God as our Father, having a very spiritual relationship like that of God with His temple.

All the brothers and sisters fathers and mothers are the family, but each are individuals. And what goes for the whole of the group goes for the one. As above, so below. The church family is made up of unique individuals which all must do their part to shun evil.

Enochwasright mentions in his book The Present is the Gift that we are like cells of the body

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Thank you. God deserves to hear from me right now that I am sorry for not having faith in his name, and I am sorry for speaking against his name in the lack of faith in him.

It just so happens we are living in a spiritual world, so pride is often contradicted by humility. The Christians who have pride will be humbled by the Lord, they think they are the best and they can say anything they want.

I have been calling on the Lord and the Lord is not coming as physical form. I am in no way demonstrating an act of God in my reality because I have so little control. So I'm trying to have even less control and give it up, the Lord has control and appears to humble those who have pride.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

You speak like you're guilty of something. We are all guilty. But in this present moment we are given the ability too be beside Jesus, to repentant our past and have a true hope for our future.

We are given this beautiful opportunity to be purified and transform, because 'all fall short of the glory of God'.
Start by purifying yourself, God's mercy is infinite. Have strength by asking for it from the Father.

Read this thread: A call to purity

Peace to you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join