It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA commandos, US special forces entered Syria: Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Just stating a fact, not engaging in a childish point/counter-point with you, i think most people would agree the Syrian govt at this stage would have been long gone without external/internal support.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

Just stating a fact

Typical- Then by all means support your claims with facts. What countries other than Russia and Iran are supporting Syria.. You made the claim so support it.

If Syria has all this support then why would foreign military units be inside Syria. Wouldn't those countries who "support" Syria have taken steps to shore up the porous borders to prevent those forces from entering the country?

If Syria is completely supported by Russia, then where are the Russian ground forces being deployed in Syria, aside from the small contingent to protect their vessels in the Syrian harbor?

Where is the Russian and Iranian air support to deny the west the ability to create a no fly zone?
Why is Russia waiting, and telling the west to wait, for a conclusion to the latest UN investigation into the use of chemical weapons?

If Syria has as much support as you are trying to claim, then why is the civil war ongoing after almost 2 years?

Better yet how many advisors has Russia sent to Syria to advise the Assad regime? The only nation I know of who has openly sent support to Syria in terms of forces is Iran. Even then there are reports that some of those Iranian forces have been acting to protect the Syrian president.

You know, because Assad has so much support that his own body guards / military members have tried to off him. Or is it because of the support of Assad that large chunks of the Syrian military have defected / left?

Sending in Special forces to keep tabs on things is a prudent measure.. Just as Iran sees it by sending in their own forces.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by MrSpad
Or a Syrian treaty with Russia. These things only exists in the imagination. Iran and Syria do have some military treaties that suggest aiding the other if attacked but, nothing the would cover a civil war or internal security.

The US and others operate under agreement with 114 nations of the friends of the Syria working group that that recognized the Syrian National council as the leaders of Syria. Military action could also be called requested by either the Arab League or Organisation of Islamic Cooperation both of which Syria is a member. Assads real problem is he has no global support.

Syria was suspended from the OIC in August 2012.
Syria was suspended from the AL in November 2011.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

The FSC took the seat in March.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

Just stating a fact, not engaging in a childish point/counter-point with you, i think most people would agree the Syrian govt at this stage would have been long gone without external/internal support.

They have support from Iran and Irans partners in Hezbollah. They also have support from the militias they have supported in controling Lebanon. And yes they along with Iran have kept Assad from falling so far. He has some vernal support from Russia and China. Although that is limited. The FSA has the support of 114 countries. It has the support of the EU, Arab League and NATO. Once those supporters take action things in Syria will change dramaticly.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

So your all for Al-Qaeda being responsible for Syria's chem weapons..got it

edit on 25-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This ruling elite in the USA always use the same game plan which they used in Vietnam among others. First, a trickle of secret forces are sent whilst officially "instructors" are moved here and there. It really is sickening how they are able to use and re-use this same pattern of deceiving the USA's citizens.

I often wonder if the people of the USA are so hopelessly brainwashed by their government and their generational ultra-nationalism that they are incapable of detecting these patterns of deception. Is it the psychopharmaceuticals and fluoridated water that give US citizens in general a false sense of well-being so they don't rise up against their execrable and untrustworthy government?

From my conversations with my US American counterparts and contacts I am given the impression that almost all of them have simply given up. Those who are rich enough (and awake) are leaving the USA and many of those are renouncing their citizenship.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

A long time ago.

Second

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
reply to post by WeRpeons

Everyone knows that the u.s. wanted this war. "Whoever" use these chemical attacks was an excuse to get this ball rolling.

Its the same pattern every time. Iraq, Libya, Syria and possible last stop, Iran.

totally, totally disagree. Obama etc want no part of this war. he and his people (Kerry) are sitting around trying to find a way out of their 'red line' commitment, just as the Egypt coup was not a coup.
I rather wish we HAD gone into Iraq for the oil. maybe I wouldn't be paying $3.50+ a gallon now.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Totallytotally disagree

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Senduko

Dude its only 3 days old.....

You make it sound like its last years news.

Like they haven't been "there" all along. Weapons, trained insurgents from Turkey, Jordan and Iraq. Airstrikes from Israel. Drones from US ships in the Gulf. Satellites overhead. Even McCain was there recently...

But don't worry, we're not "going in".

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

nothing to see here ..move along

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
seems very interesting that the day after I post this we start getting news coming out about decision's being made regarding possible military force.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

How about you read my entire OP

I have been discussing the possibility for NATO boots on the ground for quite some time.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

How about you read my entire OP

I have been discussing the possibility for NATO boots on the ground for quite some time.

Did you read mine? The evidence is they are already there. But if you mean "boots on the ground" as in a ground invasion like Iraq, not happening. The result of all Americas "invasions" in the region have been only to destabilize each country in turn. There is no need to occupy Syria, just do what we did in the other countries. Destroy the ability to make war, behead the government and turn off the power, water, transportation and fuel supplies. Anarchy and disease will do the rest.

All that is quite doable from the air. There is no need for another ground and pound (IMO)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes i did read yours and it had that horrible patronizing tone of "errr what this is news to you", like I didn't know that it was entirely possible this has been going on for ages.

Of course it not not news to me its just happened to have popped up now in the news again at a very interesting point in this conflict.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Gee, I wonder why? Do you have any info on the other covert folks that are there as well?
Other than those mentioned in your title?
There are some extremely dangerous weapons and folks there evidently.
It costs the U.S. Lives,Time, Money, Political Risk, and other Headaches to become
involved in the Changing Windy Sandstorm that is The Middle East.

The rest of the world appears to just want to sit back and watch it burn.

S&F

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Syria does not have a central bank. Neither does Iran.

Hmmmm I wonder why the west wants to invade Syria and Iran.

Gee I don't know either. Wait hold on, why would Assad want to kill thousands of his own people? Ehh who cares hes a maniac right? Just send the boys over there and cap his sand 'n-word' ass and we can all wave the big flag back at home.

And you know this is exactly what's going to happen.

Bankers: 1
Humanity:-9000

Oh and by the way Othersideofthecoin, the hiding in plain sight you are attempting to do "I am the super shill" does not work out that well. I've seen your posts in 9/11 threads. Time to step up your game, friend.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Skjord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skjord
Syria does not have a central bank. Neither does Iran.

Hmmmm I wonder why the west wants to invade Syria and Iran.

Gee I don't know either. Wait hold on, why would Assad want to kill thousands of his own people? Ehh who cares hes a maniac right? Just send the boys over there and cap his sand 'n-word' ass and we can all wave the big flag back at home.

And you know this is exactly what's going to happen.

Bankers: 1
Humanity:-9000

Oh and by the way Othersideofthecoin, the hiding in plain sight you are attempting to do "I am the super shill" does not work out that well. I've seen your posts in 9/11 threads. Time to step up your game, friend.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Skjord because: (no reason given)

"why would Assad want to kill thousands of his own people?",,for the Land? u know Urban Renewal,,who gets the land,,ownership?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

CIA commandos, US special forces entered Syria: Report

www.presstv.ir

US special operations and CIA teams, along with Israeli and Jordanian troops, have entered Syria to command members of the militant groups fighting against the Syrian government, according to a French newspaper.

There is no way in hell any Syrian opposition groups are partnering with Israeli special forces. There is also no way in hell the US, UK or Jordan would agree to that as well.

The original French article is beyond questionable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join