CIA commandos, US special forces entered Syria: Report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

CIA commandos, US special forces entered Syria: Report

www.presstv.ir

US special operations and CIA teams, along with Israeli and Jordanian troops, have entered Syria to command members of the militant groups fighting against the Syrian government, according to a French newspaper.

“According to our information, Le Figaro reported on Thursday, “The regime's opponents, supervised by Jordanian, Israeli and American commandos have been moving towards Damascus since mid-August.”

US and Jordanian teams have set up a training camp in Jordan where special operations units are training members of the militant groups in Syria.

According to Le Figaro, the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ok guys, I know, I know pressTV no the most reliable of sources but stick with me for a second.

This is being reported by a number of news outlets alongside some other interesting information regarding other NATO involvement and its actually coming from Le Figaro. These are reports of NATO Special Forces already operating inside Syria against Assad's forces.

This is also being reported by the examiner

“Operational logic first," Le Figaro continues. "According to information obtained by Le Figaro, the first trained in guerrilla warfare by the Americans in Jordan Syrian troops reportedly entered into action since mid-August in southern Syria, in the region of Deraa. A first group of 300 men, probably supported by Israeli and Jordanian commandos, as well as men of the CIA, had crossed the border on August 17. A second would have joined the 19. According to military sources, the Americans, who do not want to put troops on the Syrian soil or arming rebels in part controlled by radical Islamists form quietly for several months in a training camp set up at the border Jordanian- Syrian fighters ASL, the Free Syrian Army, handpicked.”

In addition to this both MSNBC and The Mirror are reporting that the UK SAS have also been deployed to the region

British special forces troops secretly have been in Syria for well-over a year, mapping out defences, helping a floundering rebellion, even, I am told, smuggling out chemical weapons samples.

But their capability is limited. A former SAS officer - who left the regiment recently - told me: “Assad? He’ll be there for years. There’s little the west can do. He’s been preparing for this for years.”

The only hint of hope in this dreadfully sad stalemate is that Russia and China are beginning to air concern over the use of chemical weapons.

And according to the Daily star

Special Forces will help ­protect the refugees in Syria along the borders. Last week as the president ignored an international ceasefire, plans were being finalised to ­rescue thousands of Syrians.

SAS troops and MI6 agents are in the country ready to help rebels if civil war breaks out as ­expected this weekend. They also have ­hi-tech satellite computers and radios that can instantly send back photos and details of refugees and ­Assad’s forces as the situation develops.

Whitehall sources say it is vital they can see what is ­happening on the ground for ­themselves so Assad cannot deny atrocities or battles

Interestingly this is consistent with a THREAD I wrote some time ago regarding the possibility that British Special Forces may have been operating inside Syria, so i really can't say i am surprised. Now it appears that there could be a large contingent of NATO and allied special forces and Intelligence officials on the ground in Syria.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT:

Thanks to Xcathdra the origonal Le Fegiaro article (LINK)
edit on 25-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This news is quite old
ZH posted this on 08/22
www.zerohedge.com...

We have yet to see secondary confirmation of the following breaking news from the second largest French newspaper, Le Figaro, but if accurate, it means the Nobel Peace Prize winning president has just engaged in yet another unsanctioned by Congress war.

From Le Figaro, google translated:

According to our information, the regime's opponents, supervised by Jordanian, Israeli and American commandos moving towards Damascus since mid-August. This attack could explain the possible use of the Syrian president to chemical weapons.

According to information obtained by Le Figaro , the first trained in guerrilla warfare by the Americans in Jordan Syrian troops reportedly entered into action since mid-August in southern Syria, in the region of Deraa. A first group of 300 men, probably supported by Israeli and Jordanian commandos, as well as men of the CIA, had crossed the border on August 17. A second would have joined the 19. According to military sources, the Americans, who do not want to put troops on the Syrian soil or arming rebels in part controlled by radical Islamists form quietly for several months in a training camp set up at the border Jordanian- Syrian fighters ASL, the Free Syrian Army, handpicked.

According to this expert on the region, the idea proposed by Washington would be the possible establishment of a buffer zone from the south of Syria, or even a no-fly zone, which would cause opponents safely until the balance of power changes. This is the reason why the United States has deployed Patriot batteries and F16 in late June Jordan.

The source in from the article
translate.google.com... 20130822ARTFIG00438-syrie-l-operation-anti-assad-a-commence.php

And besides are you surprised?
I know i'm not.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah, this is old news, I'm sure I heard a story about SAS units already in Syria, that was a month ago or something.

Russian special forces may also already be there, wonder which side will pop the chem weaps next? In fact who popped them first time? It's a right tangled mess and can't help but feel, deliberately so.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Lest we Forget,,this was the start,,(paraphrased from wiki)

Damascus Declaration

"The Damascus Declaration ,,signed by more than 250 "major opposition figures" as well as parties "both secular and religious, Arab and Kurdish." It was considered important that the statement included the powerful Muslim Brotherhood group of Syria, in addition to secular groups. The statement called for a "fair solution for the Kurdish issue in Syria in a way insures the equality of Kurds with all other Syrian citizens".

It goes on too say,, "Twelve members of the Damascus Declaration National Council were sentenced to two and a half years in prison in October 2008. According to a leaked March 2009 diplomatic cable, Syrian President Bashar al-Asad responded to a comment by U.S. Senator Cardin that he could give "specific examples of citizens jailed for their political views" by saying that "we are a country in process of reform. We aren't perfect. You are talking about 12 people out of 20 million. It's a process. We are moving forward, not fast, but methodically." He said that the members had been convicted for their "contact with an individual in Lebanon who had invited the U.S. to attack Syria. This is against our law." In response to Senator Cardin's suggestion that Syria adhere to international standards, Asad chuckled in reply "You do not see this (international standards) anywhere in the region," comparing the situation of half a million Palestinian refugees in Syria and saying that "if he were working against his people, he would not enjoy such popularity."

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Dude its only 3 days old.....

You make it sound like its last years news.
edit on 25-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Who cares if its three days old!!! Geez..its new news to me and haven't seen it posted yet.

Thank you for posting this. Keep up on the update. S+F.
edit on 25-8-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hehe, I wasn't trying to pick a fight OP
I just wanted to share, and btw my source is also about more then the American forces lol.

And the post refers to 'the second source" to come forward with this news.
Also seeing as their is no thread talking about this subject I can't see why this thread should stop here

We are all on the same side mate

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
"CIA commandos, US special forces entered Syria: Report"

Sounds like a banker's cream dream come true !!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Hehe, I wasn't trying to pick a fight OP
I just wanted to share, and btw my source is also about more then the American forces lol.

And the post refers to 'the second source" to come forward with this news.
Also seeing as their is no thread talking about this subject I can't see why this thread should stop here

We are all on the same side mate

No worries buddy, lets not get bogged down with a debate about how old news is.

lets actually focus on this news

and i think its pretty big news, seems like we keep hearing more and more about NATO troop involvement in Syria, bet it training the rebels or new deployments but this, this is a series of reports that seems to suggest that NATO troops are actually on the ground. These are the guys who will be paving the way if there is to be any further NATO action.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
looks like "game on"
it usually starts this way.
edit on 25-8-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If the U.S. gets involved in this conflict, people in the U.S. should be outraged. We have no business getting involved in another civil conflict and neither side has U.S. interests in mind. If I had a son or daughter serving in the military, the last thing I would want them to do is sacrifice their lives for an oppressive and terrorist regime change.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Iwonder who the Judas This time,,will be for all ofHumanity,

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
looks like "game on"
it usually stars this way.

Yup that's what i am thinking,

lets face it if there is going to be further action form NATO now that Syria has "crossed the red line" then these guys who are on the ground are going to be the ones at the head of any kind of future military operations.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
For the people who want to get a clear view of what exactly is happening, and more importantly WHY it is happening , I suggest you read this article on ZeroHedge. At this point its the only theory that holds water and uses really facts to prove its hypotheses.

It also talks about the Syrian Rebels, and more importantly like always follow the money and who is sponsoring the rebels. And why Russia is deemed to not let this slide.

And afcourse why Israel can't let Assad live.

Why would Qatar want to become involved in Syria where they have little invested? A map reveals that the kingdom is a geographic prisoner in a small enclave on the Persian Gulf coast.

It relies upon the export of LNG, because it is restricted by Saudi Arabia from building pipelines to distant markets. In 2009, the proposal of a pipeline to Europe through Saudi Arabia and Turkey to the Nabucco pipeline was considered, but Saudi Arabia that is angered by its smaller and much louder brother has blocked any overland expansion.

Already the largest LNG producer, Qatar will not increase the production of LNG. The market is becoming glutted with eight new facilities in Australia coming online between 2014 and 2020.

A saturated North American gas market and a far more competitive Asian market leaves only Europe. The discovery in 2009 of a new gas field near Israel, Lebanon, Cyprus, and Syria opened new possibilities to bypass the Saudi Barrier and to secure a new source of income. Pipelines are in place already in Turkey to receive the gas. Only Al-Assad is in the way.

Qatar along with the Turks would like to remove Al-Assad and install the Syrian chapter of the Moslem Brotherhood. It is the best organized political movement in the chaotic society and can block Saudi Arabia’s efforts to install a more fanatical Wahhabi based regime. Once the Brotherhood is in power, the Emir’s broad connections with Brotherhood groups throughout the region should make it easy for him to find a friendly ear and an open hand in Damascus.

A control centre has been established in the Turkish city of Adana near the Syrian border to direct the rebels against Al-Assad. Saudi Deputy Foreign Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Abdullah al-Saud asked to have the Turks establish a joint Turkish, Saudi, Qatari operations center. “The Turks liked the idea of having the base in Adana so that they could supervise its operations” a source in the Gulf told Reuters.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Everyone knows that the u.s. wanted this war. "Whoever" use these chemical attacks was an excuse to get this ball rolling.

Its the same pattern every time. Iraq, Libya, Syria and possible last stop, Iran.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

"Its the same pattern every time",,so releaseing same type of Bio wepon, in a train station, sub way,,airport,,neighbourhood,,,boardroom,,is same ole,, same old?,, i think not ,,this opens the bio gate,, and i dont want too think about that as a "ahhh want the hell is the difference",, type of attitude.
i hope to God u can understand why.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

So basically its all about gas/oil takeover. I did read the article you provided and that's what it seems to be to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Yeah, but its not just any gas pipe line, if this deal goes trough it would have A major impact on Russia, as you may or may not know, Russia is the largest exported of energy for Europe, if this pipe would come in existence the EU would have leverage over Russia.

And Russia -> China.

Other reports in the Turkish press said the two states were exploring the possibility of Qatar supplying gas to the strategic Nabucco pipeline project, which would transport Central Asian and Middle Eastern gas to Europe, bypassing Russia. A Qatar-to-Turkey pipeline might hook up with Nabucco at its proposed starting point in eastern Turkey. Last month, Mr Erdogan and the prime ministers of four European countries signed a transit agreement for Nabucco, clearing the way for a final investment decision next year on the EU-backed project to reduce European dependence on Russian gas.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

And for my American members: Why is this important for America : Its all about the Petroldollar; China and Russia are trying to get rid of the PetrolDollar.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yup.. no bias from Presstv at all.... No siiiir...

Of course if we read the section quoted we see that it contains info that its more than just US special forces in Syria...

So not only is the article biased (not to mention propaganda), the people in this thread seem to be purposely fixating on the US part.

If people are going to argue its an internal matter of Syria, then why aren't people complaining about the Iranian forces present in Syria?

Originally posted by Senduko
And for my American members: Why is this important for America : Its all about the Petroldollar; China and Russia are trying to get rid of the PetrolDollar.

Trying?

they already have - China-Russia currency agreement further threatens U.S. dollar

China and Russia have agreed to allow their currencies to trade against each other in spot inter-bank markets.

The motive is to promote the bilateral trade between China and Russia, facilitate the cross-border trade settlement of [the yuan], and meet the needs of economic entities to reduce the conversion cost, according to Chinese officials.

This latest move -- a continuation in a series of efforts by both countries to move away from U.S. dollar usage in international trade -- further threatens the dollar's reserve currency status.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join