It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration now says 'very little doubt' Assad used chemical weapons on Syrian civilians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

yep after all just an political BS game of the warlords....when will the first mc donald ore burgerking be opend in syria?????

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

What's the point of the United States getting involved? Are we worried someone else won't step in? We have made too many mistakes over there. We need to trust this to one of the other countries willing to investigate and take action. Proving who did it will be difficult I'm sure. We are not responsible for the whole world, and while this is a horrible occurances it appears the more help we give the harder the others push back.

Unfortunately obama threatened "red line for chemical weapon use". Like that was going to help anyway. If findings point to the government using these he sort of has to follow through. They have more of these weapons over there. Its a big deal. But if we get involved what is the chance of even more being used? Kid gloves on this one I would say - preferably from allies of syria who are as appalled as we are.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh, what do you know the FF and blame...

Was removed from Daily Mail from Jan 30 2013, but can be seen here;
US 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria, blame it on Assad govt': Report
In.Yahoo

London, Jan 30 (ANI): The Obama administration gave green signal to a chemical weapons attack plan in Syria that could be blamed on President Bashar al Assad's regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country, leaked documents have shown.

edit on 25-8-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So what else is happening around the world in the next few months that needs to be buried under "Syrian Intervention" news updates?

Tin foil hat time!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The more I look at it, either it is fortuitous timing or planned at this point.

Syria has to be controlled by the U.S. before any large actions can eventually be taken on Iran. Since an Iran conflict is going to be an eventuality, this is a step in the long-game to make those plans able to be seen through.

That may be tin-foil hat talk, but it just fits into the nature of the area at this point.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I guess we got tired of trying the "Arab Spring" approach... time for some direct action. Iran cannot have a local ally when they get attacked.

TheRedneck

That's precisely what I think it comes down to in a nutshell. Nothing more or less, in the end.

Iran always has been the ultimate target. Whats left of Persia has to join the New World Order, even if it kills them.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
On Doubt.

Very little doubt is still doubt. All it takes is one tiny pebble to keep the massive doors of doubt open.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
reply to post by Senduko

yep after all just an political BS game of the warlords....when will the first mc donald ore burgerking be opend in syria?????

No Micky D's in Syria yet, but the Syrians would welcome one!

dromoman.wordpress.com...

The local substitute for McDonalds in Allepo Syria. Syria is America’s enemy and Coca Cola and McDonalds have yet to set up shop but we found this instead.

On Topic, Screw the US and UK for making such a hasty decision about the Syrian gov't when it was most likely their terrorist (Al Qaeda) allies who used chemical weapons.

The American people, those who pay attention to global politics and know what a Syria is, should be voicing their concerns to their representatives. But alas, even then, I know the White House does what ever it wants and cares not what the people, or in some cases Congress, thinks.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

I actually wish you were right there, Beezer. I'm afraid the goal is not to get them to join anything, but to get them to disappear.

It won't work, but it'll sure turn the planet upside down trying to get it to work.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
The more I look at it, either it is fortuitous timing or planned at this point.

Syria has to be controlled by the U.S. before any large actions can eventually be taken on Iran. Since an Iran conflict is going to be an eventuality, this is a step in the long-game to make those plans able to be seen through.

That may be tin-foil hat talk, but it just fits into the nature of the area at this point.

I'm so sick of all of this BS. Its like job security for these people - to conquer the world and control everything. Iran has been quiet and well behaved yet they are still honed in on them. I know Mahamadinejad had no filter when he spoke; saying highly inappropriate things but I fear your right - in spite of them settling down we likely still have them in our sights. It truly makes me feel ill.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Errr... Beezzer is the other bunny. lol....

I don't mean Iran with all the Iranians in it. I mean Iran as a resource heavy and land rich entity to add to the Global Community. The Iranians are seen as the problem to solve in making a better Iran to absorb, I'd say. A downright evil way of looking at the world, but my nation has done a great many things in past years I never thought I'd live to see happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Oh, what do you know the FF and blame...

Was removed from Daily Mail from Jan 30 2013, but can be seen here;
US 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria, blame it on Assad govt': Report
In.Yahoo

London, Jan 30 (ANI): The Obama administration gave green signal to a chemical weapons attack plan in Syria that could be blamed on President Bashar al Assad's regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country, leaked documents have shown.

Why hasn't more been said about this? I would really like to see the emails sent. If you can dig up more please post. If our own government gets caught red handed in something like this and it can be proven its game over for them. I think its worth validating or debunking. I would think Snowden or wiki leaks would be saying something but haven't heard anything so may be a set up too. Interesting in any case.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Funny how it's missing from the Wayback archive now, since not long after posted.
Validating that it was on DM - www.abovetopsecret.com... and image - www.anony.ws... from this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

How to try and access the page - www.abovetopsecret.com...

U.S. ‘backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad’s regime’ , Part of channel(s): Syria (current event) Leaked emails have allegedly proved that the White House gave the green light to a chemical weapons attack in Syria that could be blamed on Assad’s regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country. A report released on Monday contains an email exchange between two senior officials at British-based contractor Britam Defence where a scheme ‘approved by Washington’ is outlined explaining that Qatar would fund rebel forces in Syria to use chemical weapons. Barack Obama made it clear to Syrian president Bashar al-Assad last month that the U.S. would not tolerate Syria using chemical weapons against its own people.

It reads: ‘Phil… We’ve got a new offer. It’s about Syria again. Qataris propose an attractive deal and swear that the idea is approved by Washington. ‘We’ll have to deliver a CW to Homs, a Soviet origin g-shell from Libya similar to those that Assad should have. ‘They want us to deploy our Ukrainian personnel that should speak Russian and make a video record. ‘Frankly, I don’t think it’s a good idea but the sums proposed are enormous. Your opinion? ‘Kind regards, David.’ The emails were released by a Malaysian hacker who also obtained senior executives resumés and copies of passports via an unprotected company server, according to Cyber War News. Dave Goulding’s Linkedin profile lists him as Business Development Director at Britam Defence Ltd in Security and Investigations.
- Source www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Gotta wonder about the "new world order" crowd, and their plans for humanity.

Anyway, there's talk of Syrian refugees being relocated to America, maybe Israel can lend a helping hand too. Just a thought.

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." --Ernest Hemingway

An aerial view shows the Zaatari refugee camp, near the Jordanian city of Mafraq July 18, 2013 -- roughly 115,000 Syrian refugees spend the summer in Jordan, eight miles away from their homeland.

edit on 25-8-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
To say that most people feel the government is lying through their teeth about who is responsible is an understatement. I've yet to meet a person (offline) who believes Assad is responsible, and that says a LOT for the trustworthiness of the government's claims. I have a strong feeling that if we do go in to Syria, it will be the Vietnam protests all over again.
As I've said before, my personal opinion is that it is not our country, not our society, not our disputes, not our fight. We need to stay out and let them resolve their own conflicts in the Middle East, including in Syria. Nothing but resentment and hate comes from from imposing our ways, even if it is in the spirit of good faith or genuine help. We've done enough damage worldwide, it's high time to swallow that pathetic excuse for pride and leave it be.

If the government was truly the culmination of the peoples' voices, rather than the lapdog of various business interests, this debate to go in would stop here. But we know how the government really operates, and unless there's a heavy backlash from the population, I doubt we will remain stateside for much longer.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

assad is not so silly to use chemical weapons.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

All you bunnies look alike to me.

There's a push to develop oil reserves in Africa right now, specifically the South Sudan region (I would provide links but I'm in a bit of a hurry here). Not only the USA, but Russia and China are involved in that area. I wonder if that is not being considered as a replacement to Iranian oil reserves should Iran somehow cease to exist... as in a nuclear plant suddenly gets hit by a rocket just right to cause a massive leak, or even a nuke being detonated inside Iran (false flag "accident" anyone?). The Iranian people are a proud and noble lot, and their extreme distrust of the USA after the incident with the Shah in the 1970s makes them difficult to remove without destroying the land they inhabit.

And yeah, no argument on that last statement.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

if only 9% of population support intervention in Syria why Heighl says US is ready to attack Syria?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thanks for sharing the email. It seems other governments (Russia) would be all over this if they caught wind. Would investigate at minimum. Maybe they already have. That's assuming they know about it.

If chemical weapons are secured they should be able to account for all of them or find out who took one out and when. I can't imagine any base anywhere in the world not investing in good survelience to protect their stockpiles. Assad military could get them and not check them in of course but too many reasons have been given as to why he wouldn't need resort to this.

Hope they get some facts out there soon on their findings. Until then if the US goes in in spite of Russian warnings, and continues to spread propaganda for Assad's guilt this looks suspicious.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This makes me sick in my stomache.

Has there been a time in world history when some country was not fighting another?

This is inevitable and we may as well rally round the troops.

From my observations in life usually we are both hawks and doves in one body.
It is the situation that causes us which we choose to be.

It seems like we are forever throwing drops of water on fires and only making them worse.

Lets level Syria after giving the civilians time to go to safety.

I am so weary from seeing our young men and women killed and hurt and not getting a good victory.

I say get it and growl boys. Kick arse,

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join